HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is put goal in net and make good pass

Old
10-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Sometimes I wonder if you even watch the games,there is not 1 D right now on our team that's worse than Spacek,not 1 and I don't need RDS or CKAC to tell me and I don't watch/listen to them anyways
It's a very small sample, you can also say that Gomez and Gio have been among our worst forwards...but we know they can play better.

I'm not a big Spacek fan, he's definitely stuggled so far, but last night was probably his best game of the year. I'm not naiive enougfh to think Picard can replace him.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
thank you ak for the points and carey for the 2 points for win plus the pass so 3 points and thanks subban and benny pou pou habs made me good points last night

Rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 02:03 PM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
I'm re-watching the game using the islanders feed. The play by play guy keeps calling Benoit by the name 'Poolio'. Just needs a little pronunciation work....
yeh that was annoying, but not as much as how boring Howie Rose and Butch Goring are.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It's a very small sample, you can also say that Gomez and Gio have been among our worst forwards...but we know they can play better.

I'm not a big Spacek fan, he's definitely stuggled so far, but last night was probably his best game of the year. I'm not naiive enougfh to think Picard can replace him.
i don't think that's a fair comparison.

Gomez/Gionta have been snakebitten, so their production is below expectations and that is troubling for a whole plethora of reasons... BUT... i don't know that Gomez or Gionta have really been playing much worse than normal/expected. their production certainly puts them ahead of at least a few other forwards, so I don't think anyone would try to argue honestly that they have been our "worst" forwards (most underachieving, sure, but worse? i don't see it).

Spacek, on the other hand, has actually been the worst defenseman on the ice on a few nights this season.

while it is a small sample size, when you look at all the factors and look at what about his game is lacking right now, I have a hard time seeing why/how we would expect him to improve/pick up his level of play.

Last night, Picard was more effective than Spacek.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i don't think that's a fair comparison.

Gomez/Gionta have been snakebitten, so their production is below expectations and that is troubling for a whole plethora of reasons... BUT... i don't know that Gomez or Gionta have really been playing much worse than normal/expected. their production certainly puts them ahead of at least a few other forwards, so I don't think anyone would try to argue honestly that they have been our "worst" forwards (most underachieving, sure, but worse? i don't see it).

Spacek, on the other hand, has actually been the worst defenseman on the ice on a few nights this season.

while it is a small sample size, when you look at all the factors and look at what about his game is lacking right now, I have a hard time seeing why/how we would expect him to improve/pick up his level of play.

Last night, Picard was more effective than Spacek.
Last night Spacek looked fine, he played a mistake free game. Much better than the first few where he struggled.

Old
10-28-2010, 03:21 PM
ChoseLa

Spacek was bad at the begining of last season also, he got better as the season progressed.

Picard has been playing good though, it's a sruprise for me.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Last night Spacek looked fine, he played a mistake free game. Much better than the first few where he struggled.
we clearly saw the game differently...

while there was no glaring mistake that led directly to a goal, imo there where several mistakes that either led to the opposition gaining an unecessary opportunity (incredibly slow to the puck on a few occasions, unable to protect/win puck along the boards, tripping over his own feet thus giving opposition time and space in the offensive zone) , or took away an opportunity for us (weak outlet passes getting picked off, zero offensive support).

and beyond that, is a "mistake-free" game really good enough from a ~4M$ dman penciled into the top 4? (not that i agree that he had a mistake free game, but for the sake of discussion)

Mistake-free is what you want (and have been generally getting) from Picard... a scrap-heap UFA signing.

your 3rd highest paid dman needs to give you a little more than that, especially when injuries afflict the guys ahead of him.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

while there was no glaring mistake that led directly to a goal, imo there where several mistakes that either led to the opposition gaining an unecessary opportunity (incredibly slow to the puck on a few occasions, unable to protect/win puck along the boards, tripping over his own feet thus giving opposition time and space in the offensive zone) , or took away an opportunity for us (weak outlet passes getting picked off, zero offensive support).

and beyond that, is a "mistake-free" game really good enough from a ~4M$ dman penciled into the top 4? (not that i agree that he had a mistake free game, but for the sake of discussion)

Mistake-free is what you want (and have been generally getting) from Picard... a scrap-heap UFA signing.

your 3rd highest paid dman needs to give you a little more than that, especially when injuries afflict the guys ahead of him.
Subban and Picard each had 3-4 miscues the last 2 games taht could have led to goals...but they(mostly Picard) are not held to the standards taht Spacek is...probably because of his contract, much like it's been with Gomez.

If you think Picard plays mistake free you haven't watched the last 2 games, on Monday he was directly responsible for 3 graet scoring chances, 2 on the same play in the 2nd.

Old
10-28-2010, 04:15 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Mistake free is for the chumps! At 4M$ he better be mistake free... he also should offer more than the ****test slap shot in the league.

I wish Spacek and Hamrlik get LITR'd - they get paid so they don't have to worry about looking like they care (they obviously don't anymore, with their big pay-days and their fkn lack of conditioning) and we save TEN MILLION IN CAP SPACE.

HOLY CRAP, I HATE THEM SO MUCH.

Quote:

WhiskeySeven* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 04:47 PM
clarke19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post

Mistake free is for the chumps! At 4M$ he better be mistake free... he also should offer more than the ****test slap shot in the league.

I wish Spacek and Hamrlik get LITR'd - they get paid so they don't have to worry about looking like they care (they obviously don't anymore, with their big pay-days and their fkn lack of conditioning) and we save TEN MILLION IN CAP SPACE.

There is nothing wrong with the game Hammer has been playing. I enjoy the steadiness he brings to the defensive zone. I'd love for Spacek to start winning some puck battles though.

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Habsolument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post

Oh look it's Supertramp again saying how much he hates Hamrlik. Originality OVERKILL. We get it, you have your personnal agenda against the man for whatever reason but really, do you always have to comment on how he sucks even when it's totally undeserved? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Habsolument is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 05:35 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

I watch the games, I support the management, I cheer for the players, I never boo or shun or insult. It's only Hamrlik and Spacek and it's for the same reason: they're insultingly out of shape for their salary.

That's it.

They could be terrible offensively, with no slapshot and no physicality but at the very least be in shape. Don't look like you're sucking pond water at the end of every shift.

If they were on <2M contracts I really wouldn't care. But they add up to 10M in cap hit and offer very little in return because they're so over-the-hill.

If you can't be fast, be smart/talented. They're neither at this point and it is insulting to the fans and the logo.

Pouliot works out all summer and gains some weight and posters here want to waive him... Spacek loses every single puck battle the other night and there's very little said. Hamrlik is even worse because he is 1.7M more than Spacek (1.7M is what he's worth at best!) and offers the same ol' nothing for offense.

The irony is that for the past few games Spatcherlik has been in the + because of all the great plays between the ATM line. They were literally observers and they still got the +, inflating their supposed value to the casual fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument View Post
Oh look it's Supertramp again saying how much he hates Hamrlik. Originality OVERKILL. We get it, you have your personnal agenda against the man for whatever reason but really, do you always have to comment on how he sucks even when it's totally undeserved? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

WhiskeySeven* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 05:41 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
How so?
Exactly... he either doesn't know what irony is or read a little too fast...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

best part of the night for me was Pierre's comment to Gord Miller about "switching to his left."

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:59 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote