HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

DiPietro Discussion Thread Part I

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Sammy2010*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKP View Post

As for earning it, he's already earned it and has been an All Star in this league and kept some really bad teams somewhat competitive on any given night. He got hurt. He hasn't played for two years. He needs NHL-level work to regain his form. And, more importantly, the Isles need to know if he'll regain that form. The only way to do that is play him. That's why he's being started over Rolo. If that takes a month or so, big whoop. He needs to get his form back or they need to find out if he's not going to regain form. Why delay this? Do it now and find out where you are so you can plan.

I struggle with why this is a hard concept for some Isles fans. It's asset management 101.
That was years ago, he has to earn it NOW.

Old
10-28-2010, 03:15 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss22 View Post
I don't know why I feed the troll but...

Miller was not asked to be in the 2007-08 All Star Game. He didn't withdraw his services. He wasn't injured. For GOD's Sake he played almost every Sabre game that year.

It was:
Brodeur (vote)
DiPietro
Vokoun

When Brodeur dropped out he was replaced by Thomas.

Why must we go through this over and over again?!?!?!?!

All you have to do is go to the NHL website rather than going through your antiquated revisionist history propoganda.
Will you put the dress and make up on again tonight for me? Smoochies

feed the troll.....you so love Rick, I'm sorry.....he was the starter all along and fans just weren't privy to the hand of God Himself being in on the event.

Brodeur was IN. Miller was hurt and played 76 games that year and opted out like Luongo and Brodeur. The #2 and 3 were named and #4 was Thomas. Miller was reportedly IN but opted OUT before selection and it went Brodeur, Vokoun and the mandatory Isles rep DP afterwards.

Last edited by OlTimeHockey: 10-28-2010 at 03:59 AM.
Old
10-28-2010, 03:23 AM
OlTimeHockey

And BTW....maybe Rick shoulda started tonight. Or Gervaise

I will go on record with wanting Rick in on friday against the Habs gameplan.

Old
10-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Bones45

You see the way he was just sitting on the bench last night?

wow.. what a loser!!!!!

Old
10-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Pnut

I don't understand that if a poster complains about one thing..... say "DP plays the puck too much", then he/she is put unfairly into the bunch with the "OMGZ DP sukz!!!!" group.That logic is just as unfair/wrong as a person saying "Oh just retire Rick and DP is too injured and He plays the puck too much and just trade him" with no reasoning. Both are stupid. Just an opinion

No matter what ANYONE thinks it looks like he is ours for the next few seasons until one of these youngsters starts and DP mysteriously retires with a "Lower body injury" and poster Hip of Rick cries for a few days.

Old
10-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Pnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzo View Post
Trust me, it's chased plenty of people off these boards in recent years.
That is a little extreme to say/imply that most people that left here was because of dumb posters with no points. Maybe people don't have the time or maybe they like that "other board" or maybe they had a kid or a mental breakdown.

Not directed at you izzo but the extremes of arguments here with name calling is more the culprit of people leaving, but other reasons are equally at fault. You know life things. HF is not life, but i still like.....Great Success!

Just my opinion.

Pnut

Old
10-28-2010, 10:51 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
You see the way he was just sitting on the bench last night?

wow.. what a loser!!!!!

Hey, again.....I hope he starts Friday.

Old
10-28-2010, 09:06 PM
malPHONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Hey, again.....I hope he starts Friday.
Well remember that:

Ricky D's GA = Roli's GA^(X-(1/5)).

Old
10-29-2010, 01:38 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by malPHONEY View Post
Well remember that:

Ricky D's GA = Roli's GA^(X-(1/5)).

I just figured if Dippy plays, the Habs, being French, might see the soldiers on this mask and surrender.

Old
10-29-2010, 01:44 AM
Sammy2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
I don't understand that if a poster complains about one thing..... say "DP plays the puck too much", then he/she is put unfairly into the bunch with the "OMGZ DP sukz!!!!" group.That logic is just as unfair/wrong as a person saying "Oh just retire Rick and DP is too injured and He plays the puck too much and just trade him" with no reasoning. Both are stupid. Just an opinion

No matter what ANYONE thinks it looks like he is ours for the next few seasons until one of these youngsters starts and DP mysteriously retires with a "Lower body injury" and poster Hip of Rick cries for a few days.

He does play the puck too much, how many more giveaways does he have to make until you realize this? He also gives up a lot of weak goals.

Old
10-29-2010, 07:13 AM
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

How many other teams have a "this player" criticism thread?

I wonder what others think when this thread is the "up" one at the Atlantic Division...

Old
10-29-2010, 08:39 AM
MTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan View Post
How many other teams have a "this player" criticism thread?

I wonder what others think when this thread is the "up" one at the Atlantic Division...

You shouldn't care what other people think especially on an internet forum where it ranges from 10 year olds and up.

I do agree it should be changed to a DP Discussion Thread.

Old
10-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

It's been changed.

10-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Isles Junkie

Old
10-30-2010, 08:12 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
He looks like he's been in the boat a little long. MAN is he slow to get up for a healthy guy. I'd tape these games if I was a DP fan because I don't think he has too many more left.

Old
10-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Isles Junkie

He's always been slow to get up & back into the play. ****ing Mike Milbury

Old
10-30-2010, 10:26 PM
On Edge

Wow. Pretty funny that some can't handle a name of a thread without complaining to mommy or daddy and getting their underwear in a bunch.

I've never seen thinner skin in my life.

Old
10-31-2010, 01:32 AM
Islanders4life39

Send a message via MSN to Islanders4life39
I know I stood up for him and said patience but wow he is playing awful out there. He isn't keeping us in any games, aside from the Tampa Bay game.

Old
10-31-2010, 12:41 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders4life39 View Post
I know I stood up for him and said patience but wow he is playing awful out there. He isn't keeping us in any games, aside from the Tampa Bay game.
Well what can you really expect of him? He hasn't seen much NHL action in 2+ years. It will take time to get the rust off and regain form. Do you think any goalie would be able to step in and be a top 10 goalie in the league after 2+ years off? Give him some time, if he is still playing this way come February-March we will have a problem, and something will have to be done. It's sad to see how negatively most people talk about him, it's not his fault he has been injured, its not his fault the isles foolishly signed him to a lifetime contract.

Old
10-31-2010, 02:25 PM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4morecups View Post
Well what can you really expect of him? He hasn't seen much NHL action in 2+ years. It will take time to get the rust off and regain form. Do you think any goalie would be able to step in and be a top 10 goalie in the league after 2+ years off? Give him some time, if he is still playing this way come February-March we will have a problem, and something will have to be done. It's sad to see how negatively most people talk about him, it's not his fault he has been injured, its not his fault the isles foolishly signed him to a lifetime contract.
Yeah, but it's not my fault that I'm an Islanders' fan.

Old
10-31-2010, 02:41 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4morecups View Post
Every time someone makes one of these posts I smash my head into a wall. If Rick Dipietro needs more than a game or two to "get the rust off and regain form" then he should be in Bridgeport. The Islanders are in the National Hockey League. It's October. If the Islanders are willing to risk any chance they have of making the playoffs to help one player "regain form" then they are truly an embarrassment to the league.

Fact: The Islanders have a higher chance of winning with Roloson in net.

Fact: The Islanders are giving significant playing time to Dipietro regardless.

That's extremely pathetic. Show me another example of this happening in the NHL. Ever.

Old
10-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Every time someone makes one of these posts I smash my head into a wall. If Rick Dipietro needs more than a game or two to "get the rust off and regain form" then he should be in Bridgeport. The Islanders are in the National Hockey League. It's October. If the Islanders are willing to risk any chance they have of making the playoffs to help one player "regain form" then they are truly an embarrassment to the league.

That's extremely pathetic. Show me another example of this happening in the NHL. Ever.
Yeah, seriously, DP needs to be sent on a reconditioning stint or just straight send him down, it's not like anyone will claim him on waivers and if someone wants to then good for us.

When he shows he can play well at the AHL level for an extended period of time, then we can bring him back up.

Old
10-31-2010, 03:52 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post

I don't disagree with that at all, I just think he needs playing time. I see no reason if he continues to struggle not to send him to the AHL, he just needs to play somewhere, sitting on the bench will not do anything for him, if Snow/Gordon feel its best that he plays in the AHL than that is where he should be playing.

Old
10-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Isles Junkie

Have him shake off the rust as a Soundtiger.

The dude has been brutal all year. The teams best goaltender is rotting on the bench.

Old
10-31-2010, 05:49 PM
hgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
Have him shake off the rust as a Soundtiger.

The dude has been brutal all year. The teams best goaltender is rotting on the bench.
LOL. Roloson started the two previous games to this, it isn't like he's "rotting on the bench".

The Islanders gave DiPietro a start at the end of a back-to-back (not an unusual thing for a backup to get, by the way). He **** the bed. Let's not blame Gordon for putting him out there in a role he should be able to handle. Let's especially not invent false realities where the team's other goaltender is "rotting on the bench" because he doesn't start three games in a week.

Closed Thread