HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zherdev Demoted (update: healthy scratch for October 29)

Old
10-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Zherdev complained about his lack of ice time to general manager Paul Holmgren, which could explain the demotion. Zherdev declined to comment yesterday. *

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz13kVde3FL

Zherdev should shut the **** up and just work harder.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 08:30 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post

Just be happy to be here, in the NHL, on a quality team, while getting paid a boatload of money.

Honestly, I don't care anymore. If Zherdev works out, then he works out. If he doesn't, then we have more deadline cash and some more bodies in the AHL that need a chance at a call-up.

There's plenty of people who would kill for his ice time. If he doesn't want to earn it, then I'm sure someone on the Phantoms does.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 08:37 AM
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper

Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat
anyone actually take the time to think that perhaps this move is to help motivate Z to step it up? The coach has a better perspective on the player than we do. Maybe it's his attitude... maybe the coach sees something in practice that he doesn't like. Maybe it's a way to help Z break a slump/get out of a rut and bust his ass for a few games until he steps it up.

The Cheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 08:38 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Stranger than fiction

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Mgkibbles

I love Lavi, and I understand Zherdev goes into cruise control sometimes, but come on...the fourth line?

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

he reminds me of all those french people who refuse to work 2 extra years. lazy *******.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 08:44 AM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Flyers and their Russians at it again.

If Ovechkin was on the team, he would be a healthy scratch as our 13th forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk2Zetterberg View Post
maybe Zherdev and Filatov should start a support group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Filatov + Zherdev + Kovalchuk + Kabanov

They could start their own union.

seriously though He is a liability playing on the 4th line, this is the dumbest way to make a point, Lavi should just scratch him. Whats even dumber is he had probably his best game of the year last game.

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Kaktus*

I woudl kill for a chance to hear conversation between Zherdev and Holmgren about ice time.

Old
10-29-2010, 09:07 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post

Just be happy to be here, in the NHL, on a quality team, while getting paid a boatload of money.

Honestly, I don't care anymore. If Zherdev works out, then he works out. If he doesn't, then we have more deadline cash and some more bodies in the AHL that need a chance at a call-up.

There's plenty of people who would kill for his ice time. If he doesn't want to earn it, then I'm sure someone on the Phantoms does.
while I agree for the most part, he is getting jerked around with new line mates every game. Get a line together and keep it for a few games, not a few shifts. They want offense from him but the 4th line isnt the place and new line mates every period isnt the way to get it. Seems to me the coach doesnt know what to do with him and how to use him.I dont like him going to the GM, if that is what he did, go to the coach first. Maybe he said that to Shooter in passing, who knows.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 09:16 AM
Cartsiephan*

I am one of the biggest critics on bringing him in knowing his history, but he had his best game of the year against Buffalo.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
while I agree for the most part, he is getting jerked around with new line mates every game. Get a line together and keep it for a few games, not a few shifts. They want offense from him but the 4th line isnt the place and new line mates every period isnt the way to get it. Seems to me the coach doesnt know what to do with him and how to use him.I dont like him going to the GM, if that is what he did, go to the coach first. Maybe he said that to Shooter in passing, who knows.
He may stay there for a shift, but he will be back on a line with scorers.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 09:26 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
He may stay there for a shift, but he will be back on a line with scorers.
porbably, that is why it is a stupid move to begin with. Scratch him bu dont play these silly games that end up hurting the team more than helping. Wrong message being sent.

Old
10-29-2010, 09:36 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Zherdev looked great against Buffalo, but they really have no defense. Any other team you face, and Zherdev's biggest problem (skating into 2 or 3 defenders and thinking the puck won't get stolen) becomes jokingly noticeable.

Nik, this isn't open hockey. You can't get away with this stuff. Pass the puck, dopey. Having the puck stolen (obviously) kills the flow and momentum of the team.

Not surprised one bit about this demotion.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 09:41 AM
CantSeeColors

Obviously this is a move to help Zherdev by putting him with our best player, Shelley

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 09:52 AM
MsWoof

Why is he complaining to Homer about ice time instead of Lavi? And with the team taking so many penalties of course he's not going to get time on the kill.

I can't imagine Lavi will play him on the 4th line tonight cause he would kill that line.

As for the Flyers having issues with Russians, Bob is Russian and they're not having issues with him. Play hard and you will be rewarded.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 09:55 AM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Flyers and their Russians at it again.

If Ovechkin was on the team, he would be a healthy scratch as our 13th forward.
the idea of shelley playing over ovie came to me and i giggled.

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 09:58 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post

No kidding.

Assuming this is true, you don't go to your boss' boss to ***** about anything, in any work environment. It's a career limiting move in any setting. And really effing stupid for a professional athlete, when the coach determines how and when you'll play.

I want to like Zherdev. I want this to be a story with a happy ending for both the Flyers and Zherdev. But it's really looking like that's not going to be the case.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 10:01 AM
tuckrr

why not
zherdev-giroux-richards
payoff line (H/B/L)
JVR- Carter - Powe/carcillo
Shelley- Betts- Powe/Carcillo

richards and giroux are great together, hell giroux is good with everyone...but he really does click with richards and zherdev (and briere).

carter works well with powe, and he was good enough with JVR to try them again imo.

Bottom line: If Zherdev needs a boost, stick him with giroux...roo/richards always bring out the best in their line mates (powe can do that as well)

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
No kidding.

Assuming this is true, you don't go to your boss' boss to ***** about anything, in any work environment. It's a career limiting move in any setting. And really effing stupid for a professional athlete, when the coach determines how and when you'll play.

I want to like Zherdev. I want this to be a story with a happy ending for both the Flyers and Zherdev. But it's really looking like that's not going to be the case.
Thats just common sense. You just do not do that and usually it gets you nowhere. But this is what he did as a 19-20 year old kid playing in Russia (KHL coach cut his ice, he complained and than ran away to NHL) and this is what he is doing now.

Shoudl of go after Frolov.

Old
10-29-2010, 10:17 AM
flyersfan21

The Flyers sign Zherdev to replace Gagne but they have yet used him in Gagne's place. To get Zherdev scoring like he did in the preseason, he needs the minutes to score. He's one of our most talented scores and yet he gets no ice time.

Put Carter on the 4th line, I'm sick of seeing his shots go high and wide, at least Zherdev hits the net.

flyersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 10:20 AM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

guys, don't you get it? lavi wants to get zherdev's production rolling, so he put him on a line with shelley! 80-point seasons for everybody!!!

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 10:23 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Laviolette likes consistency. Although Zherdev was more noticeable last game I also noticed he was floating still and not pressuring the puck handler. That gets under Lavy's skin b/c his whole system is built on pressure. Zherdev seemed to be playing opportunistically for himself more than the team concept. He made out ok but that doesn't cut it in the long run and certainly if you go complain to the GM instead of the coach you are going to be taken to task. It's kind of obvious Lavy and Holmgren already have some philosophical differences. You saw with Leino sitting last year and Lavy not using him and then you saw it with signing Guerin. Ultimately though Holmgren does defer to Lavy as he should since it's his team but I do question Lavy's decisions sometimes especially his mixup of lines. I thought John Stevens was bipolar..Lavy isn't much different. I'll be surprised if Zherdev is here by the second half of the season if this crap is starting already with the dude.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 10:26 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan21 View Post
Put Carter on the 4th line, I'm sick of seeing his shots go high and wide, at least Zherdev hits the net.
Now you've done it. Do you not realize that Carter is sacrosanct on this board? Cue in....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 10:29 AM
jb**

should have signed Fedotenko

Old
10-29-2010, 10:30 AM
DutchDennis

You guys really dont get it... Zherdev is PUT on a scoring Line...

JVR- RICHARDS --> 1 G
SHELLY-BETTS --> 2 G

DutchDennis is offline   Reply With Quote