HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Carter trade rumors heating up

Old
10-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Black Ice

vCash: 500
It's so beautiful here in Ignore Button Land.

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyguy74 View Post
why dont you try... Smart Azz... cant take the heat, get on up out the kitchen SON!
..........what?

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
there is a world of ****ing difference between losing two teeth and losing two feet.
Cartsiephan's feet are always in his mouth, so you can see how that gets mixed up.

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
Cartsiephan's feet are always in his mouth, so you can see how that gets mixed up.
ROTFLMAO - Nominated: post of the day.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:

I could always quote your comments from the O&B.net forums.
But you'd have to take me off ignore to do it.

Old
10-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
(something)
Wha?

Old
10-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I broke my fibula playing football in HS, and it hurt like a s.o.b to stand on... and that's not even a weight bearing bone.
Exactly, even with good freezing drugs, it must've hurt like crap to put skates on, for both Carter and Gagne....

Carter is one tough dude, he just looks like a choir/beach boy.

Old
10-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Garbage Goal

Damn pansy ass drunken party boys. Back in my day we used to play without feet or hands. ****ing wussies.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Eech

Quote:
Exactly, even with good freezing drugs, it must've hurt like crap to put skates on, for both Carter and Gagne....

Carter is one tough dude, he just looks like a choir/beach boy.
I broke my tibia and fibula when I was younger. No amount of drugs could make the pain go away. I couldn't imagine strapping on skates and playing in that kind of pain.

Eech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eech View Post
I broke my tibia and fibula when I was younger. No amount of drugs could make the pain go away. I couldn't imagine strapping on skates and playing in that kind of pain.
That'll do it... I was told (by either the trainer or the doctor after the fact) that if I'd done my tibia there was a chance I would have passed out.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Wha?

Huh?

This message is hidden because flyskippy is on your ignore list.

(I had to mock that one up from a post by a certain mustachioed one).

Old
10-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Cartsiephan (aka Flyguy74 ) would question your heart because broken legs means nothing in hockey or any other sports.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Huh?

This message is hidden because flyskippy is on your ignore list.

(I had to mock that one up from a post by a certain mustachioed one).
Awesome.

Old
10-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Cartsiephan*

I question all the puppy love going around, jeez. Oh nooo, ignore list, is this for people who cannot tolerate a contrary opinion or view? It is sad in life that people need an ignore function to not read......the ironic thing is in two months people will be looking at Carter and asking why the guy is not coming ot play every night and why the team is so incosistent like they have been every year with this group.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Eech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Cartsiephan (aka Flyguy74 ) would question your heart because broken legs means nothing in hockey or any other sports.
I've also broken my foot on more than one occasion (I had a juvenile bone disease) and after my bone healed it took awhile to get my strength back. It's ridiculous that people are questioning Carter's heart and performance when he was playing with two broken feet. They obviously have never broken their foot.

Old
10-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
I've also broken my foot on more than one occasion (I had a juvenile bone disease) and after my bone healed it took awhile to get my strength back. It's ridiculous that people are questioning Carter's heart and performance when he was playing with two broken feet. They obviously have never broken their foot.
So the broken foot is why he missed the open net on Niemi? Hmmm, kudos to cming back Jeffie, I am so sorry I ever doubted you.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:39 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Hahaha amazing. I second the post of the day nomination.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:41 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
I question all the puppy love going around, jeez. Oh nooo, ignore list, is this for people who cannot tolerate a contrary opinion or view? It is sad in life that people need an ignore function to not read......the ironic thing is in two months people will be looking at Carter and asking why the guy is not coming ot play every night and why the team is so incosistent like they have been every year with this group.
People ignore you because you can't be reasoned with. Your entitled to your opinion but you make outlandish claims like Jeff Carter has no heart and makes his linemates worse and that Saint Giroux is a better center because he makes his linemates better (even though there is no statistical support to this argument). Your allowed to hate Jeff Carter, but you make the same arguments and ignore facts that would counter those arguments by just saying well he has no heart.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Eech

Quote:
So the broken foot is why he missed the open net on Niemi? Hmmm, kudos to cming back Jeffie, I am so sorry I ever doubted you.
It's not like he missed the net. He got robbed.

Old
10-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Yeah, you're the victim here. We all dislike you for no reason whatsoever. We're just doing it for ***** and giggles.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 04:45 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Yeah, you're the victim here. We all dislike you for no reason whatsoever. We're just doing it for ***** and giggles.
Well, we are heartless Philadelphia fans, the lowest scum on the earth.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 09:24 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Any chance we could do Carter for Voracek, Filatov, Moore/1st?

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Any chance we could do Carter for Voracek, Filatov, Moore/1st?
I don't think Columbus would ever do it. I think they have a plan and a budget that they're going to stick to.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 04:06 AM
mirimon

Man, do we have to go through this every year? We're in a win now situation, so unless we get an absolutely ridiculously good offer for Carter we shouldn't be considering trading away our second most complete forward.

Carter has that awesome effortless-looking big stride in his skating that makes it seem as if he's not really trying. I remember during the lockout season back in '94 when Mats Sundin came back to Sweden there were a bunch of fans for his home team here who were furious because it looked as if he wasn't trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
i value this more. And i think you do a good job of bringing the real issue to light, which is what do we value more. The only reason i'd consider trading carter is if it meant we could keep leino and Zherdev (who so far this season have looked great to me). But i'd still prefer alternatives, ways to keep them all...like moving timonen or hartnell.
Now, unless you meant that if Coburn, Mezsaros and Carle improve enough that you trust them to cover the loss of Timonen, choosing Leino and Zherdev over one of the top 20 defenders in the league is so wrong it might even be a sin. And, since I went as a Catholic priest to a Halloween party last night, I think you should say five Hail Mary's while standing on your head (or however that absolution thing works... I'm a protestant heathen turned agnostic).

Next year, we should be able to lock up both Carter and Giroux. I see some of you think that Giroux will get 4M, but so far in his career he's had similar numbers to David Perron who signed a 2.15M contract this summer. Giroux has better playoff numbers and has this season to improve as well, so he should be getting more than that, but not double it. Carcillo and Powe shouldn't command too much of a raise. Someone had Powe in for 1.5M and while I really like Powe, he shouldn't be getting that much as a rfa. Of course, every summer the GM's of NHL amazes me, so I'm not really good at projecting these numbers. Bottom line is, we should be able to sign our rfa's without too much hassle.

Leino and Zherdev hopefully plays themselves off our team (in a good way). Making it two forwards to replace. If we could trade Carle for a solid defender in the 1.5M range those two forwards could come in at about 1.5M each as well I think. I haven't looked at the upcoming UFA's since it's a bit premature to say the least, but I know that Patrick Eaves will be one, and I wouldn't mind him on our third line next year.

Last edited by mirimon: 10-30-2010 at 04:12 AM.
mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 07:26 AM
jb**

wonder what Carter+Maroon package can garner

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote