HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Stars - 10/28/10 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
10-29-2010, 11:00 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

vCash: 500
Just finished watching the game. Quick was awesome. I don't know if any of you guys had the Dallas feed (it's what was on ESPN Player, not that I mind, I like their commentators), but when Quick made that post-to-post stop on Ribero their PBP guy thought it was a goal and said "HE SCOR-... No!", which I enjoyed.

Jack with another great game, he obviously thrives on pressure. Olympics, playoffs, Doughty out...

Clifford had a good game even before getting moved up to Zeus' line and I'm happy he finally found someone to fight him, even though it was a two punch affair.

Hopefully Simmonds is back soon. Looked like ribs or something in his midsection, hopefully just a minor strain or bruise, because that line is excellent. Poni fitting in extremely well with Zeus and Simmonds as well.

I love watching Richardson's speed give goalies fits. The shorty against the Avs and he had Lethenon scrambling and giving the puck to him once last night.

Let's give it to the Devils on Saturday!

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

My man crush on Quick might be bigger than Shellz actual crush

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
If Clifford can play like that consistantly, Westgarth should sit. Westy has been a disappointment so far IMO. The guy just seems overwhelmed by the game and the amount of heavies playing today is like 9. So he should play in those games against those nine other goons and sit the rest. So far, very little need for him to be dressed. A 4th of a combination od Schenn, Clifford, Lewis, Richardson, Loki and Parse would be more effective than dressing Westy. Westy has just been bad so far.
Westy is fine, when was the last time Ivanans did anything like that...It probably happened 2x...the Kings are playing as big and tough as they've ever played and they have that swagger....Clifford and Mitchell have brought a lot of attitude and after the whistle stuff that we haven't seen here in years BUT they can do a lot of that because Westy is on the bench...I agree he doesn't need to play against teams that don't have heavies but Dallas does have Burrish, Morrow, Sutherby, Segal, Ott and Barch (who is hurt)...they def run around.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 12:35 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

I almost forgot.

7 down, 43 to go.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 12:47 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Great teams find ways to win, even when tired and not playing great. This game wasn't the caliber as the Hawks game, yet we were able to pull out a win. A huge part of this win has to go to Quick. He was solid out there (except, can we tell our goalies not to try and poke check? Have either had a successful outing at that this year?). He kept us in the game when we were being outplayed. The 3rd line came to play tonight, and had chemistry. Great to see, sad that Simmonds is now hurt. I'm a huge "send Clifford back to juniors", but he played well tonight.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 01:57 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Everyone was thinking ribs because of the hit...I'm wondering if it was an abdominal tear/strain or something, because it seemed to pain him on the side and when he twisted.

But I'm not even remotely close to a doctor, haha. Just what I was thinking. Hurt my side like that before when I got plastered after taking a shot (think Brown on Miettenen) and it just hurt like a ***** for a couple of weeks.
Did you want some cheese with that Whine?

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:06 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

So I totally stuck up for Poni on Twitter to the simmonssteve guy and he said back to me:

You can't be serious? He played 11 minutes last night. Third liner. He's making 3 mill. You don't pay 3 mill for a PK guy only.

Apparently points are everything to him and other stats like PK/blocked shots/hits don't mean a thing.

Old
10-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
So I totally stuck up for Poni on Twitter to the simmonssteve guy and he said back to me: You can't be serious? He played 11 minutes last night. Third liner. He's making 3 mill. You don't pay 3 mill for a PK guy only.
So he must ba a BIG fan of Chris Drury ?

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:39 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

I think Richardson will be a consistent threat on those little speedy plays. He finds himself often either a step from breaking up a play behind the net by the goalie or actually does it and creates a scoring chance.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
So I totally stuck up for Poni on Twitter to the simmonssteve guy and he said back to me:

You can't be serious? He played 11 minutes last night. Third liner. He's making 3 mill. You don't pay 3 mill for a PK guy only.

Apparently points are everything to him and other stats like PK/blocked shots/hits don't mean a thing.
you should just tell him that Poni would be a first liner back in Toronto

although after reading your twitter, you dis Taylor Swift, this saddens me

Last edited by Muzzinga: 10-29-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:02 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:

LOL you were alot nicer to him than me..

@simmonssteve is an effing idiot. Poni's role in LA is diff. then Toronto's role. He's a shutdown guy and playing excellent.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:

People are so obsessed with cap hits for individual players they miss the big picture. The Kings are 5 million under the cap and Poni has a one year deal. Who cares what his cap hit is? PK is huge in the playoffs and Poni will be a key player if the Kings want to go far in the playoffs.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:39 PM
kingsfan77

our 3rd line is a little different as well. Ours is expected to score and stop.

kingsfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 04:15 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
People are so obsessed with cap hits for individual players they miss the big picture. The Kings are 5 million under the cap and Poni has a one year deal. Who cares what his cap hit is? PK is huge in the playoffs and Poni will be a key player if the Kings want to go far in the playoffs.
If this was New Jersey we would care.

Thankfully though our stupid GM won't get that close to the cap because he is afraid.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
LOL you were alot nicer to him than me..

@simmonssteve is an effing idiot. Poni's role in LA is diff. then Toronto's role. He's a shutdown guy and playing excellent.
He should know, seeing how the team he is assigned to cover is paying Colby Armstrong 3 million. Armstrong has a single point in 8 games by the way.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 04:18 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
If this was New Jersey we would care.

Thankfully though our stupid GM won't get that close to the cap because he is afraid.
What's so funny about their problems is that they will likely go well into next year as well.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 04:26 PM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
When do we start calling him Alex PK-rovsky?

EDIT: Nevermind. Doesn't roll off the tongue well...

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 04:29 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
If anything, based on the way he's trying to stir Bernier and Quick into competing against each other for the starting gig, I think Lombardi would happily tell you that he's glad Jack isn't satisfied just being a complementary player.
Yep, I completely agree.

10-29-2010, 04:36 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
you should just tell him that Poni would be a first liner back in Toronto

although after reading your twitter, you dis Taylor Swift, this saddens me
I didn't actually dis HER, I just don't like hearing about her/seeing her every second of every day! I don't like her music, but I didn't dis her. LOL