HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalchuk speaks about his "return" to LA

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Kovalchuk speaks about his "return" to LA

link - The Star Ledger

Just one word for tomorrow: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old
10-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
link - The Star Ledger

Just one word for tomorrow: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ha ! ... I was just adding that info to the next GDT

Hey Ilya ...

... SCOREBOARD !

Bwhahahahahahaaaa

Old
10-29-2010, 06:16 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Awesome link, thanks!

I know in the back of his head, he's probably saying he should have signed in LA. I know I'll be boooooing the hell out of him tomorrow.

Old
10-29-2010, 06:17 PM
JMFJ 3

Hopefully he gets the Rob Blake treatment x100

Old
10-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Anyone gonna make some signs? Like "You picked the right team" or " At least your agent is happy"

Old
10-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Hopefully Brown gives him a appropriate "Welcome Back" hit

Old
10-29-2010, 06:27 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Kinda wish I was going tomorrow. Going to USC vs Oregon instead.

Old
10-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Someone make a Mastercard sign for warmups that says...

Ilya Kovalchuk = $100m
Playing with a 16 man roster = Priceless

Old
10-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post

Ilya Kovalchuk = $100m

Old
10-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Martyros

I, for one, choose to simply watch the game, rather than spend boing him pointlessly. He took 20 extra million to sign with a team that doesn't have a better future; good for him. I think that's much better than booing him.

Old
10-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:

Ilya Kovalchuk = $100m
haha

Old
10-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Parise09*

I love how LA fans think that they were/still are entitled to Kovalchuck when he was a FREE agent.
I am an Oilers fan, not a Devils fan btw. My favorite player is Parise, hence the username.

Old
10-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Quattro

I really don't see any reason for LA fans to boo him. He re-signed with his current team for more money than we offered. Hard to blame him for that.

Old
10-29-2010, 06:40 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
I, for one, choose to simply watch the game, rather than spend boing him pointlessly. He took 20 extra million to sign with a team that doesn't have a better future; good for him. I think that's much better than booing him.
Ditto. It's not like he bailed over a couple hundred thousand dollars. Yes Blake, i'm looking at you.

Old
10-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I love it when the crowd boo's. It always fun when the arena is fully behind booing someone . . . I'm looking forward to some of the signs.

Old
10-29-2010, 06:50 PM
kingsfan77

20 mill is a lot to turn down. Yes I think we as kings fans are a little bitter but its because we believe we are the better choice. (if not right now in the future) I cant really fault the guy though. I wouldnt turn down an extra 20 million either. I'm not going to boo the guy but I'm not going to be upset if the Kings remain the better of the two teams for the next 15 years.

Old
10-29-2010, 06:50 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Okay this is for all you folks that like to kick somebody when they are down.

Word is that Lou is in So. Cal for the games this weekend.

Do any of you have any old or heck even new Disney Mouse Ears?

Say a Kings' player gets a hat trick, or just even if the Kings win the game. It might be kind of fun to see some Mouse Ears on the ice.

If you don't get it, google Wayne Gretzky and Mickey Mouse. Lou will get it for sure. I would never do this. Hope I can find those Mouse Ears in the closet tonight...

Old
10-29-2010, 06:53 PM
dabeechman

Regardless. I want him to get hit, and hit hard.

His whole attitude came off snotty. He said that LA treated his family like Kings, and yet..."It's nothing special", and "It was nothing"...F em.

Hope LA runs his ass into the ground.

Old
10-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise09 View Post
I love how LA fans think that they were/still are entitled to Kovalchuck when he was a FREE agent.
I am an Oilers fan, not a Devils fan btw. My favorite player is Parise, hence the username.
No worries.. may name used to be Hemskyfan, but then he got hurt.

I personally don't feel entitled to anything let alone a hockey player signing with the team I follow. He made a choice. I'm cool with that. I understand why he made it. I personally think it was a poor choice but I've never had to decide between $80m and $100m so it is easy for me to say that.

If I pay money to go to a game, I'll say whatever the hell I want including belittling a grown man who makes millions. If you have a problem with it, suck it. It comes with the paycheck, just ask Rick Rypien.

EDIT: Let me rephrase this. I don't think Ilya made a poor choice. He made the right financial choice for his family and his future. The Devils are the ones that made the poor choice.

I just have to wonder when his teammates are skating with an incomplete line up if they look at Ilya and kinda shake their head. They are skating double time so his rich ass can loaf and miss meetings.

Last edited by Buddy The Elf: 10-29-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old
10-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
I approve of these ideas. Make his ears hurt for 3 hours, and make his brain go wonky having to look at these signs over and over.

Old
10-29-2010, 07:00 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!

Why boo? You guys are obviously off better without him. I'm sure his contract has very much so to do with the Devil's performance. I'd be glad that my team avoided the poison on the ice and what I'm sure is in the locker room as well.

That being said, I hope your boys put a hurtin (somewhat figuratively) on him tonight....erm tomorrow night. Rich boy...

Last edited by slocal: 10-29-2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Calendar......harrrrr
Old
10-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Parise09*

Quote:
I personally don't feel entitled to anything let alone a hockey player signing with the team I follow. He made a choice. I'm cool with that. I understand why he made it. I personally think it was a poor choice but I've never had to decide between $80m and $100m so it is easy for me to say that.

If I pay money to go to a game, I'll say whatever the hell I want including belittling a grown man who makes millions. If you have a problem with it, suck it. It comes with the paycheck, just ask Rick Rypien.

EDIT: Let me rephrase this. I don't think Ilya made a poor choice. He made the right financial choice for his family and his future. The Devils are the ones that made the poor choice.

I just have to wonder when his teammates are skating with an incomplete line up if they look at Ilya and kinda shake their head. They are skating double time so his rich ass can loaf and miss meetings.
I don't have a problem with the booing at all. Knock yourself out with it, honestly. I just dislike the attitude of SOME LA fans who feel like Kovalchuk was their property and he somehow back-stabbed them..It gets tiresome. Did he make the right choice? Probably not. But 20 million, like you said, is a lot to turn down. The way Kings fans are acting, however, gets annoying. Almost like Rangers fans who think every big name free agent is going to sign with them in the summer.

Yeah, I don't mean to be comign off as a "troll" or anything, I'm just saying it how I see it. Fans like yourself, however, are knowledgeable of the situation and I didn't want to group all LA fans as the same. I was just trying to get across that he didn't backstab anyone or any team. Heck, he never played for LA, which is why i don't get the sense of entitlement or booing. Obviously he's a good player that you want on your team, but there are 29 other teams that could use him too. The Devils gave him the best offer, so he went with it. At the end of the day 20 million is 20 million.

Old
10-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
Why boo? You guys are obviously off better without him. I'm sure his contract has very much so to do with the Devil's performance. I'd be glad that my team avoided the poison on the ice and what I'm sure is in the locker room as well.

That being said, I hope your boys put a hurtin (somewhat figuratively) on him tonight. Rich boy...
Tomorrow night. The Ducks are playing them tonight.

Old
10-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Following on from Boston - Toronto, I'd rather a thank you Kovalchuk chant when Poni scores

Old
10-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post

That being said, I hope your boys put a hurtin (somewhat figuratively) on him tonight. Rich boy...
I agree that the team is better without him but that being said, there is nothing wrong with sending him a little love. I dont' really care about he booing. If i was there, I might boo if his name was announced in the lineup but I wouldn't waste my time booing each time he touches the puck.

However, I would love to see somebody stand there at warmups with something along the lines of what I posted (mastercard theme) because he gets to sit there and read that with all of his teammates around. Like I said, when they are skating with 16 guys, you know his paycheck has to come up in their minds at some point. You know somebody in that room has thought "this mf'r makes $100m, we're losing games and he can't even show up to a meeting on time?"

Closed Thread