HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"I've Got the Blues (Mac & Cheese Ed.)" - 10/28/10, Nashville vs. St. Louis

Old
10-29-2010, 03:07 AM
Sanderson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I agree with your assessment on the instigator rule. That's the reason for all the stick work that we have now because the little guys don't pay the price for all the cheap shots and that was stick work is. The enforcer game was a good game and Bettman is so afraid of his shadow and is trying to run the fighting out the game and it's not working. Just like football is doing the same thing and it just ruins the game.
Yeah, that's the reason why players don't attack other players after hits either, oh wait, you see lots of guys going after opponents who delivered clean hits, yeah players are truly afraid of the instigator and thus don't do anything

Instigator has nothing to do with it, nor has it anything to do with Bettman either, but I guess throwing that stuff out there time and time again helps some people...

The instigator serves a purpose, and it's time people understand that. You can't have players jump other players with no consequences. Now, whether players should always be seen as the instigator after starting a fight because of a dirty hit, is another matter. The penalty won't stop anyone from fighting if they feel the need to.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 07:49 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
Just got home from the game... couple of comments.

First, Tootoo is not going to have a questionable call go his way. We were down 2 goals with 7 minutes left in the game. Tootoo was doing what he does best. At that point in the game, he is absolutely not going to have a close call go his way. Just not going to get the benefit of the doubt in this particular scenario. Early in the game if we are leading... maybe. But late in the game when we're down, forget it.

Secondly, some nights you work hard and the puck bounces your way (Tampa on Sunday). Some nights you get outworked and the puck bounces your way (Dallas last Saturday). And some nights you get outworked and you just lose. The Blues' players had a better night than the players we put on the ice.

We don't have three of our top players. And we lost Cube for 1/2 of a period (does anyone know what happened there??). Can anyone argue that our PP wouldn't be more productive with Goc and Suter, not to mention Lombardi. Think Weber won't be more productive with Suter on the ice with him?? And with Goc back, Wilson moves back to wing and we roll three scoring lines, taking pressure of the HOS line.

With these key injuries, we need a little luck to go with our hard work. This season Lady Fortuna has smiled upon us -- till tonight. She'll be back. And so will Suter, Goc, and Lombardi. When those guys are back we won't need her.
Did we lose cube or was he just playing bad?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 08:49 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Did we lose cube or was he just playing bad?
Press row was notified of Cube's injury (according to the various twitter feeds; I was not on press row last night).

When Cube returned, his first shift back was the end of the 4-4 situation/beginning of the Predators brief power play when St. Louis scored.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 09:14 AM
PredsChik

Erat is just about to kill me. STOP WITH THE BLIND PASSES!! It seemed like every time we were fortunate to get a turnover in their zone, I'd look to see who our player was and instantly gave up because it was Erat. Yeah, he may hit his stride and start putting up points but right now all he's doing is skating around with his head down, throwing blind passes and taking incredibly stupid penalties (none last night but he's had more than 1 that has occurred at the worst time for us) and if he doesn't start keeping his head up, someone's going to headshot him.

Also, if he had permanently been given that A that's on his jersey right now, I'd be screaming for it to be ripped off. Someone said that they disagreed with Suter having it this season and would have preferred Marty wearing it but whatever good Marty could bring this season, hasn't shown up yet.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 10:10 AM
lugnut76

I think the major penalty to Tootoo was crap. I slowed it down on NHL.com Gamecenter and watched it multiple times. First he didn't leave his fee. His left foot did come off the ice but his right foot didn't until he bounced off the boards. Second, just because a player doesn't see an opposing player coming doesn't qualify a hit as being from the blindside. Third, the referee nearest to the play wasn't the one who called the penalty, which is one of my biggest complaints about the officiating in the NHL. I could be convinced the play deserved a charging minor but not a major and certainly no suspension should come from it.

lugnut76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 10:19 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
The powerplay is failing partially because we can't get it into the zone, then, we're not getting the puck to Weber when he's open or holding the puck in the zone after the initial shot. All the things Suter does for us...
plus, the only forward we have who reliably carries the puck up on PP is Leggy, and he's not playing it often. personally, I wouldn't mind seeing us run a 2nd unit out there with Leggy and Sulzer and whichever 3 Fs not on the 1st unit. Leggy is very capable down on the half-board and he comes in from weakside effectively after a shot. Sulzer - might seem a strange choice, but watching him the last few games, he just seems to play a calm game that I think works well out front on the PP. I dunno, maybe too mistake prone, but heck, all we got right now is Weber and Zidlicky, er, I mean Franson, and we gotta' find at least one more dman that can contribute on the PP.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
plus, the only forward we have who reliably carries the puck up on PP is Leggy, and he's not playing it often. personally, I wouldn't mind seeing us run a 2nd unit out there with Leggy and Sulzer and whichever 3 Fs not on the 1st unit. Leggy is very capable down on the half-board and he comes in from weakside effectively after a shot. Sulzer - might seem a strange choice, but watching him the last few games, he just seems to play a calm game that I think works well out front on the PP. I dunno, maybe too mistake prone, but heck, all we got right now is Weber and Zidlicky, er, I mean Franson, and we gotta' find at least one more dman that can contribute on the PP.
If Klasen has been recalled (not confirmed anywhere outside of Sweden, but that source has been reliable), I think this is exactly what he's been recalled to adddress.

Klasen excels with the open ice and can carry the puck up with confidence. He also has great playmaking skills on the PP and reads the play well to jump into holes and bury the puck when he gets an opportunity.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 11:21 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

i think my prediction was the closest of them all....

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 11:31 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Yeah, but this was our fourth loss.
...at home...already...

seriously though, gotta look at the positives, still first in the division.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 12:54 PM
WalkmanX

Easily the worst game of the season, not because we lost 3-0, but we looked like crap out there...

Not happy...

Good thing is last season we bounced back from horrendous days like these, so watch out Detroit.

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
After they signed off, the STL broadcast replayed the hit from two angles about five times on a loop with all the goals scored, so I've seen this hit multiple times.

Trotz in the postgame hit on three points and all three were accurate...

1) Tootoo broke stride at the faceoff dots and coasted into the hit for 10+ feet
2) Tootoo made shoulder to shoulder contact. At no point did he hit Colaiacovo in the head.
3) Tootoo did not leave his feet. His left foot comes up after contact by a few inches, but that was due to the position of Colaiacovo's left leg and not due to leaping.

Tootoo made the hit trying to spark the team and get them going for a late push. Tootoo did not respond to several cross-checks by Boyes (? - it was 20 something) after the hit or the gloved punch by Stratchan becuase he thought the hit was clean and wanted the PP for the Preds. If he thought the hit was dirty and felt he was going to get thrown out, he would have taken someone with him and dropped the gloves.

There was no call on the initial hit. The call came because Colaiacovo was injured and it was Tootoo that hit him.

No doubt, that play wasn't the reason we lost, but it did end any chance for a comeback. It was a reputation call all the way and what really got me more upset was the failure to call any of Stratchan's gloved punch to Tootoo's head, Stratchan throwing off his gloves to fight Tootoo, or the multiple cross-checks to Tootoo's back as he's dealing with Stratchan.

Bottom line is if there is any supplemental discipline on Tootoo I'd be more upset than I was tonight with the initial call. If anything, on review the league should overturn the game misconduct since those do add up and Tootoo would be subject to a suspension if he received another this season...
What a load of BS. I think every hockey fan can agree

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:10 PM
hatedandproud

What is a load of BS...Slake's post or the 22 situation??

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatedandproud View Post
What is a load of BS...Slake's post or the 22 situation??
I'm fairly confident that he was agreeing with me and calling the penalties to Tootoo and the non-calls on the Blues BS...

Old
10-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Suter can't get back healthy soon enough, along with Goc & to a lesser extent Lombardi

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 05:25 PM
smitty10

Wow Sulzer played almost 23 minutes last night. Is he really flying up the depth chart with his play or is it just the injuries taking their toll on the team?

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 06:00 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Wow Sulzer played almost 23 minutes last night. Is he really flying up the depth chart with his play or is it just the injuries taking their toll on the team?
combination of both... but mostly the latter.

I'd say 2/3rds of it is the latter.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 07:30 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Just saw the Halloween JibJab video from last night... Loved it.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by predeuce777 View Post
Just saw the Halloween JibJab video from last night... Loved it.
Love the new avatar!!!

Old
10-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Seth Lake

OK, so who's doing the GDT for tomorrow?

Old
10-29-2010, 07:58 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Love the new avatar!!!
I kinda want to change our motto to ''We go booooo"

Old
10-29-2010, 08:00 PM
WartracePred

Did anyone else notice the players on ice, during a TV timeout, watch the jib jab bit on the jumbotron? Thought the bit was hilarious. I wondered if Trotz was bothered that his players were watching the jumbotron instead of focusing on the game?

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Did anyone else notice the players on ice, during a TV timeout, watch the jib jab bit on the jumbotron? Thought the bit was hilarious. I wondered if Trotz was bothered that his players were watching the jumbotron instead of focusing on the game?
The linesmen were watching it too. Pekka was hysterical. But no, I don't think Trotz minded. These guys are focused. It's good for them to laugh a little and maybe regroup. Can't stay intense for 2 1/2 hours straight even in 20 minute segments.

Old
10-29-2010, 08:07 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
I work with the bball team here and they did one, we all watched it during a TV timeout. It makes it 20x funnier when you know the people.

Old
10-29-2010, 08:54 PM
hatedandproud

Quote:
I'm fairly confident that he was agreeing with me and calling the penalties to Tootoo and the non-calls on the Blues BS...
That what I think too, but I just wanted to be certain.

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote