HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalchuk speaks about his "return" to LA

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2010, 08:14 PM
outofrange

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise09 View Post
I just said I don't care if you boo him.

Secondly, I was glad Nylander didn't sign. Knew it was a bad move from the start. I know I may have hurt your feelings, but no need to troll the Oilers.
The other side of it is that no other fan base has gone through anything similar since this was the biggest fish that has hit the market once the cap was put in place and it was the longest UFA process ever. The fans have a right to be sour and I don't expect other fan bases to understand.

Plus this is the Kings board, so you might want to stick to the Devils board if you get annoyed so often. Yes I know that you're supposedly an Oilers fan.

Old
10-29-2010, 08:23 PM
scramble91

I dont blame Kovy at all...20 mill is a no brainer.. but its usually part of professional sports to boo the other team and its players. If you get annoyed with it, then watch bowling.

that being said, the only thing that did irk me was the smug NJ fans who are blind homers.. "We dont need a PMD...we have tallinder"..

Old
10-29-2010, 08:31 PM
The Hegemony Consul
Serial Ruminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I don't think the Kings are entitled to him or any other player. In fact, if you have followed this organization for any amount of time you would know that one of the biggest UFA signing of all time was Pavol Demitra after the lock out. That doesn't exaclty foster entitlement.
Semi-OT: Sad, isn't it?

As to the main topic: I don't "blame" Kovlachuk for the decision he made, and I won't boo him if in fact I'm at the game tomorrow night...my question to the Oiler fan is, Kovlachuk himself has said the booing won't bother him, so why should it bother anyone else (regardless of the "entitlement issue")?

Old
10-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Scottkmlps

Am I a little bitter for the way his agent, not Kovalchuk himself per say, used the Kings for half a summer to get a better deal? Yeah I am. But seriously, aren't the Kings better off with the signings off Mitchell and Poni? Why, yes they are. Thanks Grossman.
Personally, in my opinion, not signing Kovalchuk is the best thing that happened to them in the off season.

Old
10-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Fropitar

All this serious debate over boo-ing, and not boo-ing. The only reason I'm booing, is for fun. Is it NOT fun booing? come on! This guy is making roughly 9,900,000 more dollars than me this year, he can take it. Good times tomorrow night!

Old
10-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fropitar View Post
All this serious debate over boo-ing, and not boo-ing. The only reason I'm booing, is for fun. Is it NOT fun booing? come on! This guy is making roughly 9,900,000 more dollars than me this year, he can take it. Good times tomorrow night!
Somebody gets it..

Now stop acting so entitled!

Old
10-29-2010, 08:50 PM
ShattStar03

Who freakin cares if fans boo? They have a right to be pissed that he didn't sign, so what? If booing him takes some of that anguish out, then do it. If you don't want to boo, then don't boo but don't judge or make assumptions about ones that are.

Old
10-29-2010, 08:55 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Alright, I just threw up what will become the definitive poll on the issue.

Will you boo Kovalchuk? (poll at the bottom)

http://lakingsnews.com/2010/10/29/ko...ew-and-a-poll/

Old
10-29-2010, 09:23 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fropitar View Post
... No one does the "embittered fan" routine much better than a lot of Kings' fans do. Of course the booing and the bitterness toward Kovalchuk will overshadow the love for the Kings.

Old
10-29-2010, 09:26 PM
dabeechman

Quote:
Yes, but he's not going to demand a lifetime contract, I assume, which is the deal-breaker.
A lifetime contract for a player who has been a ppg player for 9 seasons isn't a cause for worry.

Old
10-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Parise09*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
A lifetime contract for a player who has been a ppg player for 9 seasons isn't a cause for worry.
6.66 million caphit when he's in his late 30s might be.

Old
10-29-2010, 09:54 PM
no name

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Old
10-29-2010, 10:11 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... No one does the "embittered fan" routine much better than a lot of Kings' fans do. Of course the booing and the bitterness toward Kovalchuk will overshadow the love for the Kings.
Overshadow?

That's a bit extreme.

Can't you only be bitter BECAUSE you love the Kings? If you didn't, there is nothing to be bitter about. That doesn't mean if you love the Kings you are bitter, but you can only be bitter if you love the Kings (and hate Kovalchuk, ofcourse ).

Old
10-29-2010, 11:11 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

I'm not gonna lie. I now have a team (and a player) I hate more than the Quacks.

F you Kovalchuk.

"Keep your ugly gold-bricking ass out of my beach community."

Old
10-29-2010, 11:28 PM
KingNick07

Quote:
I don't have a problem with the booing at all. Knock yourself out with it, honestly. I just dislike the attitude of SOME LA fans who feel like Kovalchuk was their property and he somehow back-stabbed them..It gets tiresome. Did he make the right choice? Probably not. But 20 million, like you said, is a lot to turn down. The way Kings fans are acting, however, gets annoying. Almost like Rangers fans who think every big name free agent is going to sign with them in the summer.

Yeah, I don't mean to be comign off as a "troll" or anything, I'm just saying it how I see it. Fans like yourself, however, are knowledgeable of the situation and I didn't want to group all LA fans as the same. I was just trying to get across that he didn't backstab anyone or any team. Heck, he never played for LA, which is why i don't get the sense of entitlement or booing. Obviously he's a good player that you want on your team, but there are 29 other teams that could use him too. The Devils gave him the best offer, so he went with it. At the end of the day 20 million is 20 million.
Dude youre not a kings fan and youre not going to be there so dont worry about it. He screwed us, plain and simple. We missed out on other players because of him. He took to long. He said LA was never really a choice. He used us. Etc...

Go back to the oilers board. They just had a big win... Go celebrate

Old
10-29-2010, 11:39 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Nothing to see here. Move along.
That's because the Mods deleted the Katy Perry bouncing boobies before you posted this

Old
10-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
That's because the Mods deleted the Katy Perry bouncing boobies before you posted this

I'm sure you have access to google.

Old
10-30-2010, 12:05 AM
SLang

I could care less about Kovalchuk. I want him hit like any other great opposing player and I want his team crushed like any other opposing team.

If it's payback you're looking for, take comfort in the fact we're at the top of the league and the devils are cellar-dwellers.

Old
10-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
I could care less about Kovalchuk. I want him hit like any other great opposing player and I want his team crushed like any other opposing team.

If it's payback you're looking for, take comfort in the fact we're at the top of the league and the devils are cellar-dwellers.
How much less can you care?

Old
10-30-2010, 12:11 AM
SLang

Quote:
I don't have a problem with the booing at all. Knock yourself out with it, honestly. I just dislike the attitude of SOME LA fans who feel like Kovalchuk was their property and he somehow back-stabbed them..It gets tiresome. Did he make the right choice? Probably not. But 20 million, like you said, is a lot to turn down. The way Kings fans are acting, however, gets annoying. Almost like Rangers fans who think every big name free agent is going to sign with them in the summer.

Yeah, I don't mean to be comign off as a "troll" or anything, I'm just saying it how I see it. Fans like yourself, however, are knowledgeable of the situation and I didn't want to group all LA fans as the same. I was just trying to get across that he didn't backstab anyone or any team. Heck, he never played for LA, which is why i don't get the sense of entitlement or booing. Obviously he's a good player that you want on your team, but there are 29 other teams that could use him too. The Devils gave him the best offer, so he went with it. At the end of the day 20 million is 20 million.
I think you might be missing the point. People aren't pissed that he back stabbed the team. They're pissed because we offered him the chance to come to an improving team and he offered the kings a chance to go over the top. He chose money over success in many people's eyes, and although, yes, there was a 20 million spread, a lot of people wonder how much is enough? Personally I don't care about it but I'm guessing that's how many feel. Is it really just their problem? Pretty much.

Old
10-30-2010, 12:12 AM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
How much less can you care?
Lol smart ass.....

Old
10-30-2010, 01:27 AM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Go ahead, boo him, have fun. That's why you go to the games. Just don't wish any harm on him, or any hockey player for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
I dont blame Kovy at all...20 mill is a no brainer.. but its usually part of professional sports to boo the other team and its players. If you get annoyed with it, then watch bowling.

that being said, the only thing that did irk me was the smug NJ fans who are blind homers.. "We dont need a PMD...we have tallinder"..
Don't judge the ones we have roaming the main board please. Tallinder is at best good for grooming the handful of young Swedes in our system. Come on our boards and you'll want to add a filter for the term "PMD" - if these boards existed when we had Scotty Nieds, people would still have *****ed about lack of a PMD.

Last edited by Mr.Krinkle: 10-30-2010 at 01:35 AM.
Old
10-30-2010, 02:04 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
Go ahead, boo him, have fun. That's why you go to the games. Just don't wish any harm on him, or any hockey player for that matter.

Don't judge the ones we have roaming the main board please. Tallinder is at best good for grooming the handful of young Swedes in our system. Come on our boards and you'll want to add a filter for the term "PMD" - if these boards existed when we had Scotty Nieds, people would still have *****ed about lack of a PMD.
Would never wish harm on any player, even Kovy. Though I have little love for him, I sometimes have to remind people that being pissed off at him (though fun) is a bit silly. Be upset at the puppet master, Grossman, who had his hand up Kovy's spine and moved Ilya's lips. All Kovalchuk did was speak Jay's words.

Remember also that we don't care that NJ signed him. We were upset by Kovy's words...see, I did it again, Jay's words through Ilya that he never saw himself signing any other place and essentially wasting the Kings' time for many weeks.

Old
10-30-2010, 02:13 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

You guys hurt some devil's fans feelings with this thread

Old
10-30-2010, 02:38 AM
Crimson Devil*

Sour grapes! Knew y'all weren't over Ilya.

Closed Thread