Old
10-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 500
Dish Network completely blocks Fox Sports

Hope none of you have Dish...

Quote:
Stars fans will go without this year, Mike Heika reports this morning on his blog. That includes Mavericks, the final few Rangers games, the Spurs, Big 12 football games...everything. Last season DISH refused to broadcast about 20 Stars games and we heard a lot of consternation about that. That situation looked like it would repeat itself this season but this news is ultimately worse.
http://www.defendingbigd.com/2010/10...work-customers

Quote:
The announcement came this morning that not only had DISH and FSSW not worked out the difference between the two on 20 Stars games that DISH did not want to broadcast, but that DISH had dropped Fox Sports nationwide. That means DISH will not carry any FSSW programming for right now.

It is a contract battle, so these things can get fixed at any time _ and they could eventually get fixed with the 20 missing Stars games being restored to DISH. But, for right now, DISH fans will not get Stars game on FSSW.
http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/arch...ct-battle.html

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:48 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

glad I got rid of DISH, it sucks.

I've never had a crappier tv provider, I'm much happy with Verizon FiOS and its a fraction of the price.

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 03:29 PM
BigG44

Speaking of Fox. Which carriers will provide FSSW+ this year? Dallas has 12 games on that channel in the 10-11 season.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 04:27 PM
________

vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
This isn't going to be that long of a issue maybe a week or two max before the new deal is reached. It's not so much that it's blocked, it's that they couldn't reach a new agreement before the deadline (midnight) last night and Fox was going to block the programming anyway so they dropped it for a few days until a agreement is reached. Fox Sports needs the Dish subscribers.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 03:15 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
This isn't going to be that long of a issue maybe a week or two max before the new deal is reached. It's not so much that it's blocked, it's that they couldn't reach a new agreement before the deadline (midnight) last night and Fox was going to block the programming anyway so they dropped it for a few days until a agreement is reached. Fox Sports needs the Dish subscribers.
Actually Fox Sports doesn't need them.

Every other carrier has agreed to the rate increases. And When Fox goes off the air on October 31st that is really going to hurt Dish Network

No Simpsons , House , NFL Sunday Football on Fox

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 10:34 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
So it goes.

Weird, I have Dish and yet I'm still able to watch Fox Sports, but have they put it into effect yet?
EDIT: Nvm, it just changed, and now Dish is claiming Fox is forcing us to pay increasing prices...
Any news on this...?

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 07:28 PM
User Name
Registered User Name

Has anyone outside the Dallas television market used NHL Gamecenter?

I'm in Northeast OK and will be OK paying to watch the games online, if I know that they will be shown. Blackout information is hard to find. The fine print is there saying that blackouts will apply if vague conditions are met, but there's no information about the vague conditions--like what the "regional television area" is.

Has anyone had experience with Gamecenter?

User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
Has anyone outside the Dallas television market used NHL Gamecenter?

I'm in Northeast OK and will be OK paying to watch the games online, if I know that they will be shown. Blackout information is hard to find. The fine print is there saying that blackouts will apply if vague conditions are met, but there's no information about the vague conditions--like what the "regional television area" is.

Has anyone had experience with Gamecenter?
I use to live in Longview which is 2 hours away from the Dallas area, and I could get all the regional games (aka the ones on My27 or the ones now on TXA21). The only games you will for sure not be able to get will be the ones on Versus or NBC.

I couldn't get the FSN games because we had Fox Sports Southwest out of Dallas. I don't know which FSN you get so that's up in the air there.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 09:58 PM
User Name
Registered User Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
I couldn't get the FSN games because we had Fox Sports Southwest out of Dallas. I don't know which FSN you get so that's up in the air there.
Yeah, that's the big question. I get FSSW on Dish. Got screwed out of a lot of games last year by them and Dish. Don't want to get screwed again by spending even more money on an online package that they have control over.

I get VS. No problem there. In my area NBC will show whatever popular Eastern Conference game is up against a Stars game, so I'd miss that anyway if NBC scheduled a Stars game.

Thanks for the info on the channel 21 games.

User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 10:23 PM
STARS DAWG

Anything but Time Worthless Cable!! We switched to Direct TV last year because TWC didn't even carry NHL Network. Then we had to suffer through the VS ordeal. I'm thinking it is just going to keep happening everytime someone renews a contract.

STARS DAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 11:24 PM
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Actually Fox Sports doesn't need them.

Every other carrier has agreed to the rate increases. And When Fox goes off the air on October 31st that is really going to hurt Dish Network

No Simpsons , House , NFL Sunday Football on Fox
It's only the Fox Owned and Operated stations. Which doesn't effect everyone, though I know a lot of people are effected by it.

The best part of the regular Fox situation is.

Quote:
In addition to raising prices on cable channels, content owners are now also asking distributors to pay for broadcast channels that were previously free. Companies such as News Corp. used to provide their broadcast channels for free in order to gain distribution for new cable channels, like FX.
Link

All TV providers have had problems and will continue to have problems, if it's Dish, DirecTV, Comcast, Timewarner etc. Only the customers lose out if it's access to VS, Fox, FSN, NFL Network, etc.

Old
10-29-2010, 06:43 PM
________

Deal reached between DISH and FSSW. I also think a deal was done with the regular Fox channel.

Old
10-30-2010, 02:00 AM
cesky hokej91

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/30/bu...html?src=busln

FSN returns to DISH. finally.

cesky hokej91 is offline   Reply With Quote