HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

NO Habs NO

Old
10-26-2010, 12:34 PM
hgo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
So any of you soggy SOBs going to the game?
*raises hand*

hgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
I'm pissed after last years game I really wanted to go but I got called into work on friday... @#$%#!!!!!!

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Isles Shawn

I hope someone takes out Camalleri...

Isles Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnpike Terrors View Post
Not to get off topic but theyre still doing loudville? I might have to actually get my Nassau ID if thats so..

I'm gonna have to goto this game not like having to works going to stop me...shhhhiiittt 2 feet of snow didnt last year haha plus I'm driving down to Philly for the game the next night so it'd be sweet to see two games back to back... anyone else heading down? (again sorry to get off topic)
I'll be there both Friday and Saturday as well!

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Hershey Hockey
#AskNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Me and my friend will be there. Loudville, 14 dollar tickets can't be beat!! Stinky crabs can go elsewhere.
Off topic but I'm assuming Loudville is the student rush thing for the Islanders? If so do you have to have a local/New York college ID or will any college ID do? I'm planning on getting to a game or two when I'm on the Island over Christmas break so I'm wondering if I can use my ID from my school in Pennsylvania.

Hershey Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Augscura

The games against Montreal always get on my nerves. Mostly because we lose but also their ignorant fans. I know they're all not like that, but the ones that holler at every bit of contact in which a Montreal player gets the worst of, even if it's just slightly, is really annoying. This is Hockey. Not soccer. They were bad for that tonight.

Augscura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augscura View Post
The games against Montreal always get on my nerves. Mostly because we lose but also their ignorant fans. I know they're all not like that, but the ones that holler at every bit of contact in which a Montreal player gets the worst of, even if it's just slightly, is really annoying. This is Hockey. Not soccer. They were bad for that tonight.
Yup I hate it also. Botta says that there won't be more then 2,000 Habs fans for fridays game.

Quote:
Off topic but I'm assuming Loudville is the student rush thing for the Islanders? If so do you have to have a local/New York college ID or will any college ID do? I'm planning on getting to a game or two when I'm on the Island over Christmas break so I'm wondering if I can use my ID from my school in Pennsylvania.
Yeah that's exactly what it is, I believe those tickets go on sale like an hour or so before gametime and any college ID will work. Last year I wasn't in school and a couple of my friends were and they said I had to show them any kind of ID for the discount so I gave them my drivers liscense.. they're not that strict.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 09:22 AM
supertzar

Quote:
As a Hab fan that annoys me as well. Obviously, the fans don't REALLY believe those are penalities, I chalk it up to just trying to intimidate the ref into future calls, or trying to increase home ice advantage.

supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Alaix
I believe.

vCash: 883
Quote:
That's called fans, of course they/we are biased!

Alaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 01:28 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
So Islander fans spent the evening telling me to "enjoy the summer weather" and to go back to Canada.

I understand the going back to Canada part... but what the hell did summer weather thing mean?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 01:33 AM
hgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
So Islander fans spent the evening telling me to "enjoy the summer weather" and to go back to Canada.

I understand the going back to Canada part... but what the hell did summer weather thing mean?
I believe the Islander fans were mixing your city's weather up with Buffalo's.

hgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 06:37 AM
ScaredStreit

vCash: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post

A lot of Americans who've never been to Canada for some reason think as soon as you cross the border it snows constantly and is extremely cold 24/7. And I agree with the above post-coming from someone who's lived in Buffalo and Ontario before-I take Ontario's weather 10/10 times-no question.

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote