HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

38th Obsequious Banter Thread: The unnamed one

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2010, 05:34 AM
chaosof99*

vCash: 500
My hometeam now has won 8 straight games. They haven't lost a game in an entire month (gamedays are Fridays and Sundays here in the austrian hockey league) and are now 6 points ahead of the rest of the league.

Old
10-30-2010, 07:51 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
2 years ago right about this time we were celebrating a championship in this city....
It will come again.

Old
10-30-2010, 08:24 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I still remember being the only person in Rome who remotely cared about baseball or the Phillies and walking around that night and the next few days just on a cloud, like literally nothing could go wrong in my life for about 3 days, it was an unbelievable run.

Old
10-30-2010, 09:51 AM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by @JLupul
The majority of sins are forgivable.... Driving 60 in the fast lane is not one of them.

Old
10-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
I feel his pain -- I've been taking the express lane on 295 into school the past couple weeks, and I barely ever get to go over 60. If I do, it's only for a short stretch. Sucks so hard.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:20 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Does anyone have a link for the ridiculous dive Crosby pulled a while back? I cant find it on youtube. its been around for a while but i cant find it tonight because im drunk. the stick never comes close to his face but he flies back.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Does anyone have a link for the ridiculous dive Crosby pulled a while back? I cant find it on youtube. its been around for a while but i cant find it tonight because im drunk. the stick never comes close to his face but he flies back.
Regardless of your attempt at clarification, this still reads as if it's only happened once.

My favorite Crosby clip will forever be from his rookie year in the game he told Peter Forsberg (PETER. ****ING. FORSBERG.) to go **** himself. As a rookie. **** still blows my mind.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
Regardless of your attempt at clarification, this still reads as if it's only happened once.

My favorite Crosby clip will forever be from his rookie year in the game he told Peter Forsberg (PETER. ****ING. FORSBERG.) to go **** himself. As a rookie. **** still blows my mind.
what kills me is that crosby isn't close to being better than jagr, much less lindros.

i just hit enter three times, because having crosby, or any other current players' name in the same damned paragraph as Gretzky, Lemieux, or Orr is stupid.

Old
10-31-2010, 05:13 PM
chaosof99*

Hometown team now has won 9 games in a row. They gobbled up 30 of possible 34 points in 17 games with a 14-1-2 record...

Last edited by chaosof99*: 10-31-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old
10-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:

He's so ugly.

Old
10-31-2010, 06:00 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
there was a clip of Crosby diving during a center ice faceoff. the commentary is in french. its as blatant as you are going to see. cant find it anymore tho

Old
10-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
He's so ugly.

I love Jim Jackson's tone when Crosby draws penalties.

And in other news, online job applications suck.

Old
10-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
This?

Old
10-31-2010, 06:09 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
This?

thats the exact one I was talking about. couldnt find it last night.
that was disgracefull

Old
10-31-2010, 07:59 PM
Terence Peterman

**KEEPER LEAGUE SEEKING GM, PLEASE READ IF INTERESTED**

Ok guys...I help run a keeper league and, like a lot of leagues, we've had a problem filling one or two spots with good GMs. Our enigma team now has gone through two GM changes since about mid summer. The most recent guy just straight isn't checking the forums we have or adjusting his team, and it's a routine that gets old very quick. He's in dead last and has won just 3 of a possible 30 categories in the opening weeks of the season.

In an effort to be fair to those in the league, we've tried to limit the amount of Flyers fans in it (just going for diversity, as it's run by me and another Flyers fan). However...the changes we've had to make involving Flyer fans have worked out really well, and I'm tired of the carousel right now. If you're interested, go here: http://z9.invisionfree.com/NHL_Keepe...p?showforum=16. Feel free to check out the rules and other teams.

If you're interested, PM me. I'm sorry that you'll have to see some of the questionable moves that the past GMs have made, purging talent from what was a pretty good roster. It's still got some very solid pieces, just needs a good GM. We're a competitive 10 team, salary cap league (cap at a floating 30 MM above the NHL's). If you'd like another perspective, you can seek out BillyShoe, Irish, or PycckuuRocket10 (sorry for throwing you guys out there), as they're other people in the league who are regulars here.

/end advertisement in the name of not creating another OT thread

Old
10-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
I think they're hating on him for the wrong reasons. Hate on him for being a whiny diver, not because he has the nerve to tell Foppa to go **** himself.

Why should he give a **** about who Peter Forsberg is or what he's done..........or show any reverence for his opposition at all for that matter? They're the opposition.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

So, I just need to tell ya'll...

For the last week, when I've been wearing my Flyers' hat, Dana has been pulling it down, scratching the logo then clapping. I didn't think anything of it but I was at Target yesterday and passed the Flyers' section. She looked at it and started clapping. Later in the day, saw a friend wearing a Flyers' sweatshirt (just the logo), and she started clapping. It's totally the logo as my hat and the sweatshirt weren't orange.

I love my kid.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I think they're hating on him for the wrong reasons. Hate on him for being a whiny diver, not because he has the nerve to tell Foppa to go **** himself.

Why should he give a **** about who Peter Forsberg is or what he's done..........or show any reverence for his opposition at all for that matter? They're the opposition.
I don't have a problem with opposing players trash talking unless it's entirely unwarranted. Crosby dove, got called out, and told one of the greatest players in the world to **** himself. That's lame.

If Foppa actually knocked the **** out of him as he was fully capable of doing, then Crosby would have all the right to get in his face in that instance. But that's not how it happened. What he did was the equivalent of getting angry at your brother for being angry at you after you baited your mom into yelling at him after he did essentially nothing.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:42 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post

For the last week, when I've been wearing my Flyers' hat, Dana has been pulling it down, scratching the logo then clapping. I didn't think anything of it but I was at Target yesterday and passed the Flyers' section. She looked at it and started clapping. Later in the day, saw a friend wearing a Flyers' sweatshirt (just the logo), and she started clapping. It's totally the logo as my hat and the sweatshirt weren't orange.

I love my kid.
This is the epitome of awesome. Keep up the good work.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:54 PM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post

I love my kid.
Come Christmas will you have her pelt Santa with snowballs?

Old
10-31-2010, 08:57 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Come Christmas will you have her pelt Santa with snowballs?
She's not an Eagles fan.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:59 PM
mypunkrock

November 10th at the Northstar, the Lawrence Arms are playing.

You should all go.

That is all.

Old
10-31-2010, 09:06 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
November 10th at the Northstar, the Lawrence Arms are playing.

You should all go.

That is all.
Sick.

Edit: Not sick is having ****ing class.

I hate this semester so hard.

Old
10-31-2010, 10:39 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
I don't have a problem with opposing players trash talking unless it's entirely unwarranted. Crosby dove, got called out, and told one of the greatest players in the world to **** himself. That's lame.

If Foppa actually knocked the **** out of him as he was fully capable of doing, then Crosby would have all the right to get in his face in that instance. But that's not how it happened. What he did was the equivalent of getting angry at your brother for being angry at you after you baited your mom into yelling at him after he did essentially nothing.
It's hockey. **** the other team and everyone on it. You hate them. It doesn't have to make sense.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:11 PM
UseYourAllusion

Walking dead looks pretty good.

Closed Thread