HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Chicago-New Jersey (Blockbuster)

Old
10-29-2010, 12:53 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Chicago-New Jersey (Blockbuster)

Chicago
LW Elias (6M cap hit) 3 YRS
RW Langenbrunner (2.8M cap hit) UFA
D Greene (737,500 cap hit) UFA
Total: 9,537,500

New Jersey
D Campbell ($7,142,875 cap hit) 6 YRS
LW Brouwer ($1,025,000 cap hit) RFA
RW Pisani ($500,000 cap hit) UFA
Total: 8,667,875
*Cullimore sent to Rockford

Why Chicago does it:
It's a forward thinking move for Chicago. After this year, you only have two years of Elias at 6M, so it gives us a lot of cap flexibility to add players when we are expected to win the Cup again. Overall, it makes them a little worse on paper for this year. Replacing Campbell with Greene makes the D worse but better than it's been with Campbell out. Greene (37 PTS last year) will help pick up some of the offensive slack lost with Campbell. Elias is the real wild card because the Hawks need a LW pretty bad, and I think this guy would do really well with Toews and Hossa or Sharp and Kane. He could put up about 70 points with us. Langenbrunner is a depth guy who really needs a change of scenery. He could play on the 3rd with Bolland and could possibly pot 20 goals, but make no mistake, he is the most undesirable player in this deal and the Hawks are doing NJ the favor by taking him. The Hawks would have a pretty deep group of forwards.

Kopecky-Toews-Hossa
Elias-Sharp-Kane
Stalberg-Bolland-Langenbrunner
Bickell-Dowell-Skille

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-Greene
Hendry-Boynton

Why New Jersey does it:
-Gets long desired PMD, an allstar no less, but must take his 6YR contract
-Gains almost 1M in cap space immediately
-Gets rid of Langenbrunner
-Gains young power forward who puts up nice offensive numbers (could fetch a mid to low 1st in the offseason)

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

vCash: 500
Langenbrunner is not the most undesirable player in the deal. That would be Pisani or Campbell (contract).

Switch Pisani with Vishnevskiy

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:07 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Volchenkov View Post
Langenbrunner is not the most undesirable player in the deal. That would be Pisani or Campbell (contract).

Switch Pisani with Vishnevskiy
Can't do it. You guys already get the best player and the only good young player in the deal.

Old
10-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

no thanks...

I'd rather keep Campbell over Elias
No need for Elias, too.

What about their NTCs???

you shouldn't make more Proposals... please

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:23 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
no thanks...

I'd rather keep Campbell over Elias
No need for Elias, too.

What about their NTCs???

you shouldn't make more Proposals... please
When we have to deal Morin for cap purposes, you'll wish we could have done something like this. Two differences between my trade proposals and a lot of others here: 1.) I make them fair even though my fellow Hawks fans don't like it 2.) It's not all about 10-11, it means little to me. Future seasons are important too, maybe that's just me, I know it's not an HF thing but whatever. If we hadn't signed Campbell in the first place, we could have still got a pretty good D and kept at least one of Buff, Ladd or Versteeg. The team would be better off for it too, but we did and that's why we're worse. Also, no need for Elias? He's a scoring LW. This team needs that more than anything else...I mean, it's pretty obvious when you watch the games.

Old
10-29-2010, 02:51 PM
99 steps
to the top

Doesn't make sense for either team.

99 steps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

I rather not add a another long contract. What the Devils need is to get rid of their long term players, Elias, Rolston, etc. Lagenbrunner will probably be gone sometime this season.
Thanks, but no thanks.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Crimson Devil*

Why New Jersey does it:

I guess that's what we want now too, eh?

Why not.

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Deal blows for Hawks

Elias is on last legs

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 04:54 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Deal blows for Hawks

Elias is on last legs
Am I the only one worried about Campbell holding up the next 6 years? When his speed is gone, he's not going to be very useful. He's had more injuries than any of our regulars; I think he's got 3-4 seasons of quality top 4 D left. I'd love to be convinced otherwise.

Old
10-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Central PA Hawk Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Am I the only one worried about Campbell holding up the next 6 years? When his speed is gone, he's not going to be very useful. He's had more injuries than any of our regulars; I think he's got 3-4 seasons of quality top 4 D left. I'd love to be convinced otherwise.
So you think he'll be good for another 3-4 seasons but want to ship him off for players in hard decline? This makes no sense from the Hawks POV, especially when you see just how bad our transition game suffers without Campbell. Its ok to be worried about the last few years of his deal, but you don't make horrible deals now out of fear. We'll cross that bridge when it comes.

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 05:42 PM
apice3*

Quote:
So then why would the Devils want him? We'd be saving 1 mil, yeah, but that's pennies in comparison to the cap space we truly need. Not sure the Devils want to give away their current best PMD, an overpaid but still useful LW, and an expiring contract for one of the worst contracts in the league and two other players. A 31 year old player with a 7.2 mil cap hit for the next 6 years is truly the last thing the Devils need right now. I might even prefer Rolston to him since Rolston comes off in two years.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
If we hadn't signed Campbell in the first place, we could have still got a pretty good D and kept at least one of Buff, Ladd or Versteeg. The team would be better off for it too, but we did and that's why we're worse.
And also, we wouldn't have won the Stanley Cup.

You know, that thing everyone is playing for?

'cuz you seem to have forgotten it.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Bodo Illgner
Регистеред юзер

Quote:
Campbell ($7,142,875 cap hit) 6 YRS
no way

Bodo Illgner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 11:23 PM
TheSilencer

You have somehow managed to screw both teams here.
The last thing the Devils need is another mammoth contract.
Ellias isn't needed/wanted by the Hawks.

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 01:20 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirtss View Post
You have somehow managed to screw both teams here.
The last thing the Devils need is another mammoth contract.
Ellias isn't needed/wanted by the Hawks.
I guess the verdict is just send him to Rockford when he declines, thank god for Rocky.

Old
10-30-2010, 05:59 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
When we have to deal Morin for cap purposes, you'll wish we could have done something like this. Two differences between my trade proposals and a lot of others here: 1.) I make them fair even though my fellow Hawks fans don't like it 2.) It's not all about 10-11, it means little to me. Future seasons are important too, maybe that's just me, I know it's not an HF thing but whatever. If we hadn't signed Campbell in the first place, we could have still got a pretty good D and kept at least one of Buff, Ladd or Versteeg. The team would be better off for it too, but we did and that's why we're worse. Also, no need for Elias? He's a scoring LW. This team needs that more than anything else...I mean, it's pretty obvious when you watch the games.
ok, I take Campbell with a Cup win over keeping Versteeg and Buff

and why should I worry what may happen in 3-4 years? Do you know for sure that Morin will become a 30 Goal scorer a year from begining? We all know what Campbell actually does. We don't know what Morin WILL do.

As of now... I worry more about Sharp's contract than Morin, Beach and others

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 08:46 AM
bernmeister

This blockbuster faithfully attempts to create a win win.
To a certain partial extent it succeeds.
Unfortunately the flip side of the same coin creates new problems;
seems most fans for each team think it's no cure, medicine worse than disease.

Campbell a PMD to NJ could ONLY work if there was more cap relief.
That choker is so bad even NYR fans thinking of everything to move Redden couldn't do it, at least not without a lot of offset.

Moving Campbell almost certainly at some point in the equation needs, regardless of how well or poorly each player is performing, a substantial contract (LeCavalier, etc.) going the other way.

No time this am to do the cap homework, so I expect added names to the following COUNTER-PROPOSAL from NYR

Mindful of the OP that you need D and LW bad, how about:

a CORE of
Girardi, Rosival, Grachev Christensen + three #2s (2 the upcoming draft, other the following year) + X for

a CORE of
Sharp and two #1s +Y

--- fill in X + Y

Reasons for CBH:
immediately plugs any thinness at D w/2 guys who think D first -- good match Chicago has enough scoring.
Grachev is a highly ranked, overrated project. Only 23 or whatever, very young not around long enough to be honestly considered a fail. Has physical tools, could work out, a 3rd rounder many thought would go higher; a prudent risk as a throw in, worth a try at what you consider a desperate LW problem.
Christensen is low cost checking C, minimally ordinary except for good faceoff skills, always a +, gives you a 4th line C as your guys move up.

also, w/2 Ds added, easier to jettison Campbell, so less immediate cap help but in line with your thinking of making it easier to move him and his huge cap hit all at once
3 picks = yes.

for NYR
like to keep Anisimov w/Dubi + Callahan
Sharp w/Frolov + Gabborik looks good.
2 #1s.
Some consolidation of roster. like that I'll get to replace Christensen w/White, get some production here for his salary.
Grachev could develop; his loss come back + bite on the ass, but worth the move; also moving him promotes opportunity for guys like Jeremy Williams, Dale Wiese, Ethan Werek.
Biggest problem is replacing Ds: we have McDonagh + others so it is a sudden rather than gradual, but inevitable youth infusion.

Whatever the immediate workaround to accommodate CBH short term, long term this seems to help NYR w/cap due to consolidation.

Thoughts?
Counter-counter proposal?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 11:42 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Blockbuster trades shipping away teams core leaders happen all the time in October.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 11:59 AM
megajake

Horrible Deal For The Devils

megajake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 12:02 PM
bert

Quote:
Chicago
LW Elias (6M cap hit) 3 YRS
RW Langenbrunner (2.8M cap hit) UFA
D Greene (737,500 cap hit) UFA
Total: 9,537,500

New Jersey
D Campbell ($7,142,875 cap hit) 6 YRS
LW Brouwer ($1,025,000 cap hit) RFA
RW Pisani ($500,000 cap hit) UFA
Total: 8,667,875
*Cullimore sent to Rockford

Why Chicago does it:
It's a forward thinking move for Chicago. After this year, you only have two years of Elias at 6M, so it gives us a lot of cap flexibility to add players when we are expected to win the Cup again. Overall, it makes them a little worse on paper for this year. Replacing Campbell with Greene makes the D worse but better than it's been with Campbell out. Greene (37 PTS last year) will help pick up some of the offensive slack lost with Campbell. Elias is the real wild card because the Hawks need a LW pretty bad, and I think this guy would do really well with Toews and Hossa or Sharp and Kane. He could put up about 70 points with us. Langenbrunner is a depth guy who really needs a change of scenery. He could play on the 3rd with Bolland and could possibly pot 20 goals, but make no mistake, he is the most undesirable player in this deal and the Hawks are doing NJ the favor by taking him. The Hawks would have a pretty deep group of forwards.

Kopecky-Toews-Hossa
Elias-Sharp-Kane
Stalberg-Bolland-Langenbrunner
Bickell-Dowell-Skille

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-Greene
Hendry-Boynton

Why New Jersey does it:
-Gets long desired PMD, an allstar no less, but must take his 6YR contract
-Gets rid of Langenbrunner
-Gains young power forward who puts up nice offensive numbers (could fetch a mid to low 1st in the offseason)
I am a sens fan so I am completely impartial I think this is a great deal for both sides. New Jersey needs a shake up the value is there and Campbell like it or not is exactly what they are missing. You know its a good proposal when both sides dont like it because the value is there, on top of that both teams are trading from a strength to address a weakness.

Well done.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 12:08 PM
megajake

I take greene over campbell ANY DAY

megajake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 12:21 PM
bonzaibondra12

Why would the Devils want another guy not worth his contract, locked up long term?

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote