HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should Bobrovsky be Reassigned to AHL on Leighton's Return?

Old
10-30-2010, 01:54 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Should Bobrovsky be Reassigned to AHL on Leighton's Return?

Ok, so one big topic that will soon pop up, is whether or not Bob should be reassigned to the AHL when Leighton returns. There are a few things that should be noted.

1) I think we all here agree (whether you hate Leighton with a passion or like him) that when healthy Leighton will either be the starter or the backup goalie, either way he will be on the main roster.

2) That means either Bob will get sent down to the Phantoms, or the Flyers waive Boosh. At the current moment, it seems that Bob will get sent down to the Phantoms based off of what Homer said on WIP last week. He literally said he expects Bob to be on the Phantoms roster when Leighton returns.

That brings us to #3.

3) The Phantoms completely suck this year and it isnt all Backlund's fault. The Phantoms have only scored on average 2.17 goals per game so their offense isnt cutting it. Maroon has just been kicked off the team, and he was their best offensive threat, accounting for close to 1/4 of the teams goals alone.

Do you still think that sending Bob down to the AHL will help him instead of hurt him. They are a complete mess right now. He isnt going to get help from the team. From reports, Backlund has been left out to dry every single game. Bob is going to have to stand on his head every game, and will most likely get scored on a ton of times. This could lead to a huge moral blow to Bob. Doing well in the NHL then going to the AHL can really hurt his confidence.

So that brings us to the question, do you think Bob should stay with the big team or get sent down to the AHL?

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

I'd rather keep him and have him and Leights (if he looks decent enough) split the games. Just ride whoever's hot. This obviously means we have to waive Boosh, which I don't like, but it's better than sending Bob down.

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:00 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I think he should stay in the NHL but I dont think PH sees it thst way.

The phantoms are garbage, I dont want him anywhere near them

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:05 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

Thats what really ****ing sucks. The Phantoms are by far the worst team in the league. Whether we like it or not Holmgren isn't going to keep him up with the Flyers once Leighton returns. More than likely he'll get eaten up playing for practically and ECHL team in the AHL. In all honesty it might actually be better for his development to stay with the big club.

Honsetly I'd rather waive Boosh than send Bob down. Which of course won't happen, and it shouldn't.

And then we'll probably have Eriksson next year in the same situation....

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:09 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

He needs to be in the NHL, playing in the AHL with a crap team and Idiot Stick won't help things.

SeanVT395, your avatar is great

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:10 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Trade boosh for a pick, put Bob behind Leighton, and when Leighton bombs, we can have Bob ready.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:10 PM
mirimon

I don't really care about the Phantoms. He should be able to play for a bad team anyway.

However, from what I've seen of the three goalies so far I know that as a player I'd rather have Bobvrovsky in net than Leighton or Boosh, so I'd keep him up. Maybe Leighton can go down on a conditioning stint to keep the decision away for a week or two, but eventually I'd waive one of Leighton/Boosh. I don't think either will be picked up anyway.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:11 PM
CanadianFlyersFan18

Hopefully Lavy has a say in this. Bob is the best goalie the Flyers have currently. The Phantoms are garbage and it will be like KHL all over for him again. And who's to say Leighton succeeds when he comes back? If he falters then we have major issues. Bob needs to stay with the Flyers.. that is all.

CanadianFlyersFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:12 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I'm not convinced a healthy Leighton will be handed his starting job back.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:13 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Bob should never play a game as a Phantom. Being on that team will ruin him, plain and simple.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:15 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Trade boosh for a pick, put Bob behind Leighton, and when Leighton bombs, we can have Bob ready.
This. Or waive Boosh. As much as I hate to say it, Bob is looking good and they're running out of options.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:16 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Bobrovsky played for a pretty terrible team in the KHL. If he ends up on the Phantoms, it won't be the end of the world.

Edit: Here are his stats from the past two seasons:

2008-09 - 7W 20L 2OTL, 2.53 GAA, 0.927 SV%
2009-10 - 9W 22L 3OTL, 2.72 GAA, 0.919 SV%

He'll be fine playing for a ****** team, if he has to.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:19 PM
jb**

After Leighton finishes his conditioning assignment and shows he is healthy. The ruskie will be sent down imo unless he just all of sudden dominates. Then Leighton will be given a chance to see he doesnt have any setbacks. If they waive Boucher and leighton has a set back, recalling Boucher would be risky as eh may get claimed. Now if they are ok with Backlund as the backup then they will waive Boucher.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:23 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I'm not convinced a healthy Leighton will be handed his starting job back.
even with the "unwritten rule" that says a starting goalie cant lose his job due to injury? Add into the fact that Holmgren views loyalty over doing what is right. We all know what right should be.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Jester

I'd rather have him getting daily coaching from Reese (here) than with the Phantoms getting occasional visits (I have to assume Reese goes and talks to those guys down there some...). Moreover, Bob has played well enough to earn the chance to stay... he certainly has some holes in his game that can be improved upon, but so do Boucher and Leighton... and there isn't a lot of evidence that Bob can't/won't perform better than either of them this year.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
even with the "unwritten rule" that says a starting goalie cant lose his job due to injury? Add into the fact that Holmgren views loyalty over doing what is right. We all know what right should be.
Real loyal to Gagne right?

Start Leighton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:30 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
Real loyal to Gagne right?
nothing tops having to deal with the salary cap. Holmgren wanted his "stacked defense" so he had to move a forward. Should have moved Hartnell instead.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:30 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Bobrovsky played for a pretty terrible team in the KHL. If he ends up on the Phantoms, it won't be the end of the world.

Edit: Here are his stats from the past two seasons:

2008-09 - 7W 20L 2OTL, 2.53 GAA, 0.927 SV%
2009-10 - 9W 22L 3OTL, 2.72 GAA, 0.919 SV%

He'll be fine playing for a ****** team, if he has to.

AND All Bobs wants is to play in the NHL - he will do the AHL gig if it means getting back in nets in the NHL. It's his goal, no pun intended.

I also think trade boosh or wavie him.... once leights gets back and is healthy. I also agree I don't think Leights walks into the starter role upon return.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:47 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I say send him down. Not that he is playing bad, but a year in the A won't hurt him. If Leighton faulters and Boosh can't pick up the slack, call him up. But Leighton/Boosh is ok with me unless things go south.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Jester

Important to note that the Flyers will not have to make an immediate decision on this unless both Leighton and Walker come back at the same moment... they have LTIR cushion to hold all three goalies and figure out what they want to do. I wouldn't be shocked to see Leighton get a conditioning stint in the AHL at that.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:23 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
If this organization was happy to kick Gagne out, I'm sure they'll have no problem waiving Boosh if Bobro continues to play well.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:26 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'd rather have him getting daily coaching from Reese (here) than with the Phantoms getting occasional visits (I have to assume Reese goes and talks to those guys down there some...). Moreover, Bob has played well enough to earn the chance to stay... he certainly has some holes in his game that can be improved upon, but so do Boucher and Leighton... and there isn't a lot of evidence that Bob can't/won't perform better than either of them this year.
I agree

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:31 PM
ArmchairGM

I'm not sure, but I think there will be enough cap space to keep all three. I could see Boucher getting scratched ala Esche a few years ago.

ArmchairGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 05:02 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
I wouldn't be shocked to see Leighton get a conditioning stint in the AHL at that.
Given Leighton's injury, I'd think that should be pretty much mandatory. With the Phantoms as bad as you all have indicated, it's Leighton's load to bear to work through getting shelled with zero support.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 05:11 PM
daynus

not a chance

bob has the goods and deserves to be in the nhl.with jeff reese working with him, he'll just get better. he and leighton make a good 1-2 punch.bob will be one of the pleasent surprises in the nhl, the announcers on opposing teams are already talking about where he came from and what a pleasent surprise he is. and just ride whomever is hot. they'll figure out a way to keep bouch around.

daynus is offline   Reply With Quote