HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Florida @ Montreal 7:00PM EDT (CBC,RDS HD)

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2010, 11:15 AM
TroyM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Pucker View Post
Nice anti-jynx!

Hey, you stole my avatar!

I don't really care though if you wanna keep it too. We can share the lovely sentiment.

Excited about the game tonight, just seeing Markov back is going to be huuuuge. I can't wait.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want The 25 View Post
wait dont we have 24 players with Markov?
The more, the better dont you think so?

No, but seriously, 12 fwds 6 D, 2 goalies AND 3 HEALTHY SCRATCHES MAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAK, FREAKING MOBILE THAT WRITES IN CAPS AUTOMATICALLY Anyways as i was saying, we have 23 players.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:21 AM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I doubt Moen will have to fight anyone.

Seriously ? Picard is scratched ? Scratch Spacek.

Boyd still scratched ? K

On Matt Martin's goal last night had Pouliot, or Eller done what Plekanec did they would have been benched. Martin pisses me off how he hates some players so easily.
You don't scratch a veteran for Picard, Spacek plays a lot of tough minutes against the other team's top 6. Also if you sit Spacek and bring in Markov to play with Subban, you're separating 2 D-combos. Better to leave Spacek-Hammer together while we're winning.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:24 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
He really did not play that bad at first too...

Why not scratch Pyatt or Darche once in a while to give the guy a chance?
Pyatt has been a bit of a let-down to me so far, though he's still better than Boyd on the PK, IMO.

Darche has a goal and is +3 in the last two games with limited ice-time.

I'm still pissed we're scratching Picard. Guy is +7 after 10 games and we're the #1 team in the NHL. Great first pass. I'd rather try Hammer on his wrong side than sit Picard at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
You don't scratch a veteran for Picard, Spacek plays a lot of tough minutes against the other team's top 6. Also if you sit Spacek and bring in Markov to play with Subban, you're separating 2 D-combos. Better to leave Spacek-Hammer together while we're winning.
Or they could try Markov with Hamrlik and keep Subban with Picard.

Lots of teams sit veterans for younger players. Especially when the veteran hasn't been playing that well.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:27 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Pyatt has been a bit of a let-down to me so far, though he's still better than Boyd on the PK, IMO.

I'm still pissed we're scratching Picard. Guy is +7 after 10 games and we're the #1 team in the NHL. Great first pass. I'd rather try Hammer on his wrong side than sit Picard at this point.
I agree sitting Darche would not be fair considering his recent play but Pyatt's PK abilities can be replaced by others, we have a good number of good PK players.

As for Picard I really hope Martin isn't too patient if Spacek continues being terrible and scratch him eventually. Otherwise Picard might have to wait for injuries to play, which is sadly unfair to him.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Furry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAverageHF View Post
Eventually yes, but I'm not counting on immediately. Markov is going to need a few games to work the rust off and get his game back I expect.

Uhhh, did he not have 2 goals in his return last year? I don't think this guy gets rusty.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:31 AM
neofury*

Quote:

Or they could try Markov with Hamrlik and keep Subban with Picard.

Lots of teams sit veterans for younger players. Especially when the veteran hasn't been playing that well.
If Spacek doesn't shape up we might have to trade for a D at the deadline

Old
10-30-2010, 11:39 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I agree sitting Darche would not be fair considering his recent play but Pyatt's PK abilities can be replaced by others, we have a good number of good PK players.

As for Picard I really hope Martin isn't too patient if Spacek continues being terrible and scratch him eventually. Otherwise Picard might have to wait for injuries to play, which is sadly unfair to him.
Yeah but all those extra minutes burn out some of our guys. I really wish Martin would ease up on Plekanec's PK minutes. I love, love, love Plekanec on the PK but it was quite clear to me that the guy slowed down last year (the Olympics probably didn't help either).

We have the 6th best PK in the league and Pyatt is a huge part of that, as he's second on the team in PK time per game (Halpern is first - damn what a signing!).

Boyd really wasn't great in his last few games and Pyatt seems to be chewing up more minutes than Boyd was, while not hurting the team and playing great on the PK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
If Spacek doesn't shape up we might have to trade for a D at the deadline
True, but I still wouldn't want to not give Picard a chance. The guy has been way more than anyone can expect. I know +/- isn't the best stat, but its quite clear to me that leading the team (defense) and being 5th in the NHL (defense) can't be a bad thing.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Kenny Powders

Boyd is benched for is poor defensive play. He's really weak in the corners, and looks a bit affraid to be there against bigger player.

And btw, Picard hasnt been stellar, he's slow, and just lucky Subban is there saving is ass on times. But I agree, he as a good first pass.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:42 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
Hey, you stole my avatar!

I don't really care though if you wanna keep it too. We can share the lovely sentiment.

Excited about the game tonight, just seeing Markov back is going to be huuuuge. I can't wait.
I have to admit I stole mine last season too, but I suck with photoshop etc and nobody would ever make one for me, liked this one cause I have "Gangsta" under my name as a joke lol. It was fitting.

PS: Natey: I agree Picard would definitely need to be given a shot, he's done quite well so far. If he can play well enough to not hurt the team like he has most of the season and in recent time then I see no reason why not. But I smell a Ryan O'Byrne trade around the corner, 10 more games 15 at most before it happens.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry View Post
Uhhh, did he not have 2 goals in his return last year? I don't think this guy gets rusty.
He tore his acl.

That's some serious **** right there.

But, he's a great athlete and is always in shape, so I don't think it'll take him too much time to gain the synchro. back

Old
10-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
True, but Spacek hasn't been playing well. Why not send him a message ? Also, he's one of the older guys who could be affected by back-to-back games than a younger guy, like Picard who's been playing well.

Spacek better not suck tonight.

Travis Moen is averaging less than a hit per game. He was brought in to lay the body and he better get back at it tonight.

Halpern 3goals 3 assists +4
Gomez 1 goal 2 assists +1

Old
10-30-2010, 11:57 AM
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I have to admit I stole mine last season too, but I suck with photoshop etc and nobody would ever make one for me, liked this one cause I have "Gangsta" under my name as a joke lol. It was fitting.
Hah, nice. Nothing wrong with that really. I also noticed another user 'xeronne' in another topic has my avatar, so apparently it is popular

6 more hours until game time... Markov time.

Old
10-30-2010, 12:02 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

On Matt Martin's goal last night had Pouliot, or Eller done what Plekanec did they would have been benched. Martin pisses me off how he hates some players so easily.
Euh ?

Plekanec didn't get benched because he's our best forward by a mile, helps the team offensively and defensively, almost never makes mistake (except on that goal) and always, always gives his 100%.

...this was really a bad, very bad exemple...

As for other comments :

...and what's the love for Boyd ? The guy scored the first goal of the season and did absolutely nothing after day and played pretty badly defensively, got even removed from the PK.

I agree that Martin has a short fuse on some players, espacially Pouilot and AK (because thay lack consistency) and Eller (because he's a rookie), but to try to put hate for the reason O'Byrne and Boyd are in the Press box... come on...

Old
10-30-2010, 12:04 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroGnome View Post
@CanadiensMTL Montreal Canadiens
Martin confirms Markov will play with Subban. O'Byrne, Boyd and Picard will be healthy scratches.

Seriously can't believe Boyd is scratched again.
I believe if you dig deep enough you will find that JM is Darche's father...

Seriously though Boyd is a good bottom 6 player but Darche hasn't looked too bad in the games he's played in since he replaced Boyd in the lineup...

With Markov now back I think O'Byrne gets moved out soon as Picard looks like a good 7th dman for this team..

Old
10-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
This thread needs this:

WELCOME BACK ANDREI

Old
10-30-2010, 12:12 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I believe if you dig deep enough you will find that JM is Darche's father...

Seriously though Boyd is a good bottom 6 player but Darche hasn't looked too bad in the games he's played in since he replaced Boyd in the lineup...

With Markov now back I think O'Byrne gets moved out soon as Picard looks like a good 7th dman for this team..
Too bad?

Darche has been great in the last few games. I like when he gets shifts with Halpern, they play well together because they are both smart and understand the game.

My ideal bottom-6 (not changing any players from the top-2 lines) would be;

Pouliot - Halpern - Darche (Darche + Halpern play well together and Pouliot adds a little offense to the line. With Darche being the type of guy to stand in front of the net, maybe Pouliot scores a few more goals with a screened goalie).
Pyatt - Eller - Lapierre (fast line with some offensive ability - very, very strong forechecking line).

Old
10-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroGnome View Post
@CanadiensMTL Montreal Canadiens
Martin confirms Markov will play with Subban. O'Byrne, Boyd and Picard will be healthy scratches.

Seriously can't believe Boyd is scratched again.
Boyd won't pay the price to play in the NHL. Great move by JM to get his point across early so next time he's in you can bet he's gonna skate and hustle like he should.

Picard sitting with a D-corp leading +7 is kinda weird tho.

Old
10-30-2010, 12:53 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Ellerection View Post
PK Subban.
So true. The kid is amazing. Now we will have two d who can log 30 minutes a game, which will make Hamr and Spaceman all that much better. I feel we finally have a decent defense core.

Old
10-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
True, but I still wouldn't want to not give Picard a chance. The guy has been way more than anyone can expect. I know +/- isn't the best stat, but its quite clear to me that leading the team (defense) and being 5th in the NHL (defense) can't be a bad thing.
Meh, Marek Malik.

Old
10-30-2010, 01:17 PM
TheGoalJudge

I feel like we should be way better now with Markov back but for some reason I'm nervous. Like it's almost too good to be true.

Old
10-30-2010, 01:23 PM
vinzlol

Tonight, the real core of our Canadiens is back.

I'm still upset he wasn't made the Captain.

Maybe they'll give it to him with Gionta being such a poor player as of late ?

Markov/Plekanec/Gorges, the actual core of this team.

Old
10-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
I feel like we should be way better now with Markov back but for some reason I'm nervous. Like it's almost too good to be true.
It's actually very common. Sometimes when a team's best player gets hurt, everyone steps up and the team plays well despite his loss. But when the player returns the other players ease off a little in the first game or two back so they may seem worse.

I'm actually very excited because the Habs as a team were never able to step up like this before. First the Penguins series without him, now the start of the season. Good signs.

Old
10-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

I hope Spacek play less than 12 min

Old
10-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...aining-content

Is revenge on the menu for the Panthers?

Please recall the preseason, when the Panthers' No. 3 overall pick Erik Gudbranson(notes) was punched in the face by Montreal's Travis Moen(notes) while being restrained:

Panthers enforcer Darcy Hordichuk(notes) will be in the lineup against Montreal, telling the Sun Sentinel:

Quote:
"I'm sure that will change tomorrow. We'll see how he likes it when somebody gets in his face. There wasn't any need for that. That's why I'm here to make sure stuff like that doesn't happen.''
Well that should be interesting.

Closed Thread