HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#10 - 10.30.2010 | New York Rangers @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7:00 PM - MSG PLUS (HD)

Old
10-30-2010, 02:52 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
Not sure why Torts wouldn't play him, but then again you never know.
Im not sure why he would play eminger over saucer, that's torts being torts. And doesn't he always make his goalie decisions a gtd or just doesn't let anyone aside from the goalies know until just before.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Im not sure why he would play eminger over saucer, that's torts being torts. And doesn't he always make his goalie decisions a gtd or just doesn't let anyone aside from the goalies know until just before.
Yeah he is secretive about it, not like it matters in the NHL I assume most teams just prepare as if they are facing the starter. Anyway my point was Henrik can play back to back games or 3 in 4 nights no problem so why start Biron tonight? If he does I am skeptical considering his last performance.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:01 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
He wasn't on the last powerplay last night nd uk what happened? We scored a goal with the point man staal. He has 2 power play points thus far and I bet 3x more turnovers on the powerplay. I dont think well miss his stellar powerplay production for a game while he watches someone else play what should rightfully be his position on the powerplay. And honestly when he get the puck and brings it back to te blue line and skates around looking for the perfect pass it slows dow the entire offense and we only have 2 minutes on the powerplay at a time, he takes up at least 15 seconds skating behind the net and searching the ice sometime u just have to get the puck and take it up or dump it in he doesn't do that or think that way it seams. All I trying to say is he's hasn't played like the coveted powerplay qb that he was last year and skipping him on one or two postulate could be the "hey Michael let's get I going!" That he really needs right now.
I kind of had trouble reading this post, but the reason Staal scored was because of a great play by Christensen in the high slot. All the defenders were in the corner, focused on the great puck control of Frolov and Fedotenko, when the puck popped lose to an open Christensen, who made a beautiful pass to Staal, who was in all alone because of the defenders being out of position. All he had to do was make a good shot, which he did. So, to say playing Staal over MDZ on the PP is a good idea, is obviously stemmed off of 1 play that any defender could have made.

MDZ is an offensive defenseman. He is our PPQB, and our best passer on D. He has had his struggles this year, but he still has explosive offensive abilities on D. The reason he's had trouble, is teams are covering him on their PK much more than they did at the beginning of last year. He needs the time to learn what to do in these situations. The only way he's gonna do that, is to get powerplay time. And he has done well this year at times on the powerplay. His best game on the PP was the one against the Islanders. He had a PP goal and an assist on the Dubinsky goal. He has the ability to be a very good offensive threat from back there, but it's gonna take time before he does it consistently. People just have to be ****ing patient before they even ponder and MDZ-Gilroy pairing.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:03 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Eminger has been solid these past two games. He's been physical, and actually got a few chances to score. The reason he's playing him over Sauer, is because he helps out offensively a little more than Sauer does. And Sauer is probably hurt, tbh. He isn't the most durable guy.

Old
10-30-2010, 03:05 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
No Sauer? Are those D pairs confirmed?

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepanToGaborik View Post
Eminger has been solid these past two games. He's been physical, and actually got a few chances to score. The reason he's playing him over Sauer, is because he helps out offensively a little more than Sauer does. And Sauer is probably hurt, tbh. He isn't the most durable guy.
Please.

D Steve Eminger 7 0 1 1 -2
D Michael Sauer 4 0 1 1 3

Eminger has played better as in he hasn't single handedly lost any games lately but he hasn't been contributing anything offensively except for hitting the post.

Don't make things up.

Old
10-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Yeah, let's overreact and not play our PPQB on the PP.
Rozy has twice the points of MDZ in less PP time.

As of right now, Rozy is the #1 PPQB.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:12 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Please.

D Steve Eminger 7 0 1 1 -2
D Michael Sauer 4 0 1 1 3

Eminger has played better as in he hasn't single handedly lost any games lately but he hasn't been contributing anything offensively except for hitting the post.

Don't make things up.
Eminger has a better offensive skillset than Sauer. I don't like him playing, I'd much prefer Sauer, but I do believe Torts sees this.

Old
10-30-2010, 03:13 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Rozy has twice the points of MDZ in less PP time.

As of right now, Rozy is the #1 PPQB.
Alright, for now he's our #1 PPQB. But to suggest taking DZ off the powerplay, his main conrtibution to this club, is ludacris.

Old
10-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Alright, for now he's our #1 PPQB. But to suggest taking DZ off the powerplay, his main conrtibution to this club, is ludacris.
I think giving him less ES and PK minutes is the right idea, but we do need to keep him on the PP, agreed.

Old
10-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Eminger has a better offensive skillset than Sauer. I don't like him playing, I'd much prefer Sauer, but I do believe Torts sees this.
Hardly though, that's why it is pretty much a non factor. Sauer has a better all around game. When it comes down to the 3rd pairing you should play the guys who are more competent in all 3 zones than the one with a slightly (being generous) better offensive game.IMO.

Old
10-30-2010, 03:21 PM
shoothepuck

Whoever plays tonight has to bury their chances.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

When Eminger's better offensive game makes a difference of say, 5 assists over the course of the season, i'll take the defenseman who doesnt give me fits in his own zone.

Got to win tonight./

Old
10-30-2010, 03:23 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Hardly though, that's why it is pretty much a non factor. Sauer has a better all around game. When it comes down to the 3rd pairing you should play the guys who are more competent in all 3 zones than the one with a slightly (being generous) better offensive game.IMO.
I think Torts believes his offensive skillset is better than we think it is. That is one of the only reasons I can think of that could make Torts think that Eminger is more valuable to the team than Sauer.

Old
10-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Torts is playing eminger over sauer because eminger has been the only physical presence on the entire blueline. Sauers more of the same while eminger has thrown the body around. Our blueline is babywipe soft

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:26 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
Torts is playing eminger over sauer because eminger has been the only physical presence on the entire blueline. Sauers more of the same while eminger has thrown the body around. Our blueline is babywipe soft
Makes me laugh, sure Eminger will throw a hit but pay attention he's usually the one who ends up on his ass. That to me is counter productive. He isn't physical enough to clear the front of the net either so yay for an occasional big hit that takes you out of the play.

Old
10-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
The will to throw hits does not make you physical. Emingers hits do more to plant his ass on the ice than his opponents.

Old
10-30-2010, 03:29 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Would you rather have the guy who throws the body around out there and is a liability in his own zone, or the conservative, stay in the lanes, defenseive dman, who will block shots, and is still physical. Please, give me some sauer. The guy has EARNED his spot on the ice. Let him work thru the pains, its the only way to get stronger.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Eminger goes out of posisition to get a piece of the boards, basically. Because he misses on most of his attempts. Awesome!

He dosen't contribute squat **** to this team. He needs to go away and fast.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:38 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:
I kind of had trouble reading this post, but the reason Staal scored was because of a great play by Christensen in the high slot. All the defenders were in the corner, focused on the great puck control of Frolov and Fedotenko, when the puck popped lose to an open Christensen, who made a beautiful pass to Staal, who was in all alone because of the defenders being out of position. All he had to do was make a good shot, which he did. So, to say playing Staal over MDZ on the PP is a good idea, is obviously stemmed off of 1 play that any defender could have made.

MDZ is an offensive defenseman. He is our PPQB, and our best passer on D. He has had his struggles this year, but he still has explosive offensive abilities on D. The reason he's had trouble, is teams are covering him on their PK much more than they did at the beginning of last year. He needs the time to learn what to do in these situations. The only way he's gonna do that, is to get powerplay time. And he has done well this year at times on the powerplay. His best game on the PP was the one against the Islanders. He had a PP goal and an assist on the Dubinsky goal. He has the ability to be a very good offensive threat from back there, but it's gonna take time before he does it consistently. People just have to be ****ing patient before they even ponder and MDZ-Gilroy pairing.
Yea sry I banged that one out quick on my iPhone at work with frozen fingers hah. All im saying is you sit him to send a message to step it up because we all know he can. One game of not being on the pp can only help him not hurt him and my biggest frustration with him is his giveaways which it can't be denied is a problem and his looking to make a beautiful pass or play every time he has the puck which in some cases leads to a turnover. Im all for having patience with him but sending him a message to light a spark under his ass can't be such a bad thing.

Old
10-30-2010, 03:44 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Yea sry I banged that one out quick on my iPhone at work with frozen fingers hah. All im saying is you sit him to send a message to step it up because we all know he can. One game of not being on the pp can only help him not hurt him and my biggest frustration with him is his giveaways which it can't be denied is a problem and his looking to make a beautiful pass or play every time he has the puck which in some cases leads to a turnover. Im all for having patience with him but sending him a message to light a spark under his ass can't be such a bad thing.
Sending him a message would be sitting him in favor of Sauer, and I'd be for that for a game or two. But, if he's in the lineup, and you DON'T use him on the powerplay, it's a waste of his abilities.

Old
10-30-2010, 03:49 PM
ColonialsHockey10

I find it so ironic that we played the Leafs 3 times in the first month of the season, when they had a hot start. Of course when they tail off and fall down the standing we will have already played all our games against them.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:49 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Is Boogard definetly out? Anything up to the minute on this?

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:50 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Eminger hasn't straight up laid out one guy all year that hit last night he practically tripped the guy and fell on top of him(forgot who) if that's a hit then I guess idk what a hit is. And when it comes down to it would u rather an eratic hitter who's the biggest defensive liability on this team over a solid stay at home defensemen that makes good plays and doesn't throw "huge" hits along the boards? I mean come on that should even matter that he hits people.

Old
10-30-2010, 03:51 PM
rangers4ever2007

hopefully, we see boogie vs orr tonight with white sitting and on his way back to the pack tomorrow.

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote