HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

maroon with envy

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 10:12 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
maroon with envy

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...44&hubName=nhl

The star-studded Colorado Avalanche will begin the season with four rookies after making their final cuts Sunday.
Forwards Marek Svatos and Cody McCormick, defenceman John-Michel Liles and goalie Phil Sauve all made the final 23-man roster.

Old
10-05-2003, 10:30 AM
riz

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...44&hubName=nhl

The star-studded Colorado Avalanche will begin the season with four rookies after making their final cuts Sunday.
Forwards Marek Svatos and Cody McCormick, defenceman John-Michel Liles and goalie Phil Sauve all made the final 23-man roster.

Can you say "depth from within" ? I believe in Rangerland that would translate to "those castaways from other teams we signed for big bucks".

Old
10-05-2003, 12:34 PM
Edge

funny now arent the avs a good team? funny how we miss the playoffs 6 years in a row and and this would be a fantasy if they did this.

anyone else who doesnt understand why the rangers are the leagues laughing stock.......dont even put your hand up, just run your head into the wall.

Old
10-05-2003, 02:26 PM
NYR469

those guys will make the roster but will they play??

aebischer is gonna start so sauve will ride the bench...

they have blake, foote, morris, skoula, mcallister, and skrastins...so that is 6 guys, so liles has to beat atleast 1 guy

up front they have sakic, selanne, kariya, forsberg, tanguay, hejduk, battaglia, hahl, hinote, nikolishin and worrell...thats 11 forwards for 12 spots

keeping youngsters with the team and actually playing them are 2 different things, the rangers could keep murray, moore and tjutin in the press box but that doesn't do them any good...

Old
10-05-2003, 04:04 PM
Edge

Quote:
those guys will make the roster but will they play??

Probably, not necessarily a ton but they will get shifts. And no one expects rookies to beat out kariya, selanne, sakic, etc. who do we have? simon? rucinsky?

Quote:
aebischer is gonna start so sauve will ride the bench...
I dont think suave is "too" far behind david on the depth chart. He might only get 20 some odd starts but they will be with some regulaity. as compared to the rangers approach of 4 in a row, 35 on the bench.

Quote:
they have blake, foote, morris, skoula, mcallister, and skrastins...so that is 6 guys, so liles has to beat atleast 1 guy
And of those guys morris, skoulua, mcallister and skrastins are all under 30 and mcallister isn't etched in stone nor is possibly another.

up front they have sakic, selanne, kariya, forsberg, tanguay, hejduk, battaglia, hahl, hinote, nikolishin and worrell...thats 11 forwards for 12 spots

keeping youngsters with the team and actually playing them are 2 different things, the rangers could keep murray, moore and tjutin in the press box but that doesn't do them any good...[/QUOTE]

yes but the difference is they might actually learn something from these guys. nikolishin would be moved if the kid outplays him same with hinote. it's nice having the depth to do a two for one trade.

hahl is 23. so you have as many as three open slots for the kids if hinote and nikolishin get outplayed.

At the very least the kids are going to get a regular season shot to win the spot. i dont see anyone up with the possibility of displacing chris simon?

i can understand not wanting to cut vets because the preseason and the reg season are two different things. so whats the solution? give em a chance to see if they can cut it and if they can, then you make a move.

chris simon was never in danger of losing his spot and that's a prime example of EXACTLY what is wrong with the rangers. the kids no they dont even stand a chance of making the big club most times.

Old
10-05-2003, 08:01 PM
LeServ

Look out for Svatos. I saw him play when he was with Kootenay and he made a couple of moves and took a wicked top shelf shot that made me dig out my program. Could be the next Hejduk.

Closed Thread