HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chi-Fla

Old
10-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Now that I think of it our teams dont make such good trade partners

A few months back things made more sense when it came to Ladd/Buff/Steeger

But right now outside of Weiss who is untouchable nothing on Panthers would help Hawks
You tend to come to this conclusion often.

10-30-2010, 12:12 AM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepanToGaborik View Post
Bolland + Morin + 1st for Weiss + Ellerby. Panthers want high-end prospects, not run-of-the-mill ones.
Overpayment by the Hawks:

1. Dave Bolland is 24 years old and can still be the part of a rebuild. Hawks won't trade him, there was a reason he was kept ahead of Buff and Ladd, he shuts down top lines and gets payed for his performance in the playoffs. He was one of the key contributers in shutting down the Gagne line and to add his clutch breakaway goal in game 5 I believe. Bolland himself arguably has more value than Weiss.

2. You are underrating Morin, he's a goal scorer, a top 30 prospect league-wide, the hero for the states in the world juniors, he's the American version of Eberle. Not to mention he plays left wing, which the Hawks desperately need to fill in, he's a future top liner with Kane and Toews, I give him two years to break 25 goals.

3. Ellerby is a boom/bust prospect, he was a high draft pick in one of the weakest drafts of all time, he has not impressed me but he can turn it around. Hawks have better pieces in Vishnievsky, Olsen and Leddy. They also have Keith, Hjamarsson and Campbell locked up, they are set on defense for the next 5 years.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 12:15 AM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Frolik was a healthy scratch tonight for the worst team in the league... not sure if I'd trade Brouwer for him at this point. Sure, Frolik has tons of potential but Brouwer seems to be part of the core for the new Blackhawks and I'm not sure how getting Frolik would make the Blackhawks a better team in any way. Just doesn't seem to be a trade a reigning Stanley Cup champ would make.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 05:52 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

can we just stop this?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 06:16 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
can we just stop this?
If you mean all and every trade proposal, then I agree.

EmeticDonut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 07:44 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Stall View Post
Frolik was a healthy scratch tonight for the worst team in the league... not sure if I'd trade Brouwer for him at this point. Sure, Frolik has tons of potential but Brouwer seems to be part of the core for the new Blackhawks and I'm not sure how getting Frolik would make the Blackhawks a better team in any way. Just doesn't seem to be a trade a reigning Stanley Cup champ would make.
So you wouldn't propose a trade for Kovalchuk either cause he was a healthy scratch last week when the Devils were sitting in last place in the league? Not comparing Kovalchuk to Frolik. Just pointing out that players are scratched by coaches to send them a message that they need to work harder. Frolik is talented and he will bounce back. I like Brouwer but would rather keep Frolik if its a straight up deal. Frolik has more offensive talent and this team needs scoring.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Cullksinikers

To CHI: Weiss, Frolik

To FLA: 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, Bolland, Brouwer, Vishnevskiy, and Klinkhammer

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:00 PM
TyBOZAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
To CHI: Weiss, Frolik

To FLA: 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, Bolland, Brouwer, Vishnevskiy, and Klinkhammer

Seems fair

TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBOZAK View Post
Seems fair
FLA wins that one.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 05:12 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
So you wouldn't propose a trade for Kovalchuk either cause he was a healthy scratch last week when the Devils were sitting in last place in the league? Not comparing Kovalchuk to Frolik. Just pointing out that players are scratched by coaches to send them a message that they need to work harder. Frolik is talented and he will bounce back. I like Brouwer but would rather keep Frolik if its a straight up deal. Frolik has more offensive talent and this team needs scoring.
What a reach... of course I would trade for Kovalchuk even if he were a healthy scratch every single game. At least he has proved he can be a top 6 forward in the NHL.. Frolik not so much.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Stall View Post
What a reach... of course I would trade for Kovalchuk even if he were a healthy scratch every single game. At least he has proved he can be a top 6 forward in the NHL.. Frolik not so much.
I wasn't reaching and like I said in my previous post I wasn't comparing the two players but comparing the situation and why players get scratched in this league, for the coach to send them a message they need to pick up their play. Um, looks like Frolik got the message cause he scored the 1st goal of the game in tonights game. Funny how that works huh.

And btw Frolik has proved he can be a 20+ goal scorer in this league as he's had back to back 20+ goal seasons to start his career, but he has a much higher ceiling then that. If you check his stats in his rookie season he picked it up late in the season and scored 40 of his 45pts in the final 45games of the season. That's almost a pt per game for half of his rookie season.

Last edited by Beezer: 10-30-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 07:51 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

So many aweful proposals.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote