HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hossa PM9 blade

Old
10-30-2010, 10:51 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Hossa PM9 blade

So I play roller hockey just for fun. Nothing serious. But I use a ball to play outdoors. I switch using sticks between the old Easton Z-bubble and an old Easton synergy. I use regular Koho Ultimate 2100 blades because I like the curve but they also last the longest on outdoor surfaces.

To make a long story short, my friend let me borrow his Bauer Vapor XV stick with the Hossa PM9 curve and I automatically felt a difference in my shoot power, lift, accuracy, and stickhandling, so he let me keep it. The blade is pretty worn down so I was looking at replacement blades for Bauer and they no longer carry the Hossa curve. I am not sure if it got replaced with another curve but are there any VERY similar curves from other companies that replicates the Hossa PM9 curve?

Thanks.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 11:01 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

CCM Recchi, Easton Zetterberg/Forsberg, Warrior Fedorov. They're all basically identical.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

And the PM9

All the companies rename the curves every few years, but that one is the curve everyone has to carry at the least. Really solid, no weaknesses.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 11:05 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

I noticed the Malkin curve was also considered a PM9. Is that identical to the Hossa curve as well?

Old
10-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yes it is.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:09 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
CCM Recchi, Easton Zetterberg/Forsberg, Warrior Fedorov. They're all basically identical.
I have a Forsberg curve on my Ultra-lite and I hate using it. Its a closed curve and I like mine just a bit open. I hear the Recchi curve is also closed.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:10 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
And the PM9

All the companies rename the curves every few years, but that one is the curve everyone has to carry at the least. Really solid, no weaknesses.
Yea I swear by it now. I dont think I have ever played as well with any other blade before. Unfortunately I did wish it would be a longer curve, not a medium, but for now I will take it.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

It's my go-to defense curve because it keeps shots and passes down, and the lower lie lets me use a longer stick. My dream curve would be a 5 lie Drury with a square toe and less loft, but the PM9 is a good retail compromise.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:16 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
I have a Forsberg curve on my Ultra-lite and I hate using it. Its a closed curve and I like mine just a bit open. I hear the Recchi curve is also closed.
The newer Forsbergs are a touch open now. If you can check one out, they're nearly identical to the Pm9 now.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 11:30 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
The newer Forsbergs are a touch open now. If you can check one out, they're nearly identical to the Pm9 now.
Well now that I know that Malkin PM9 is identical to the old Hossa PM9, I think I will just stick with that.

That is unless they are somehow different, which I really dont think they are.

Old
10-31-2010, 02:58 PM
jsykes

The numbers stay the same within companies, the names change based on who they are endorsing at the time.

The PM9 has stayed the same, with different names tied to it.

As a matter of fact, the PM9 is no longer the Malkin as he is no longer with Bauer. Its now the Stamkos.

But just look for PM9 and you're good to go.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Webernaut

Reebok's Hamrlik is pretty close to the PM9. I play the PM9 in my Vapor XXXX for about a year and a half and it is by far the best stick I ever owned. I switched to an 8.0.8 O stick from Reebok with a Hamrlik curve, it's pretty sweet and very similar.

I will plug for the curve I use now which is the Backstrom curve... P92 on Bauer I believe, it's like a Sakic but a little more toey. It's become my bread and butter.

Webernaut is offline   Reply With Quote