HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10-30-10: Take him to Detroit - Preds @ Wings

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-30-2010, 10:19 PM
  #76
K3V1N
Registered User
 
K3V1N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bowling Green, Ky.
Country: United States
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Must. Get. Healthy. ... soon
Not only with injuries, but with the flu or some kind of bug going around with the team. I ran into a player's mom tonight because we stuck out like a sore thumb wearing a Preds jersey. 8 hour long journey home tomorrow. But hey, we stayed in a hotel across the street from the team, just a coincidence, and got some autographs on my cap after borrowing a sharpie.

K3V1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 10:38 PM
  #77
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Would it not have been possible to dress Belak as a D tonight? or play a forward on the point on the PP to give the D-men a few more minutes of rest?

Though I am certainly not going to pin this loss on dressing only 5 d-men. We had 3 more very close calls in the final 10 mins, Spaling hit the post, right after that a puck went through the crease and of course Wilson had a puck right on the goal line. It was a night where the Wings pucks found the net and the Preds did not, I almost never blame a loss on bad luck, but honestly this game could easily have been 3-3 or 4-4 and who knows what happens in OT...

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 11:02 PM
  #78
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,065
vCash: 500
It seem like the Preds didn't care if they won this game tonight. If they would have gotten the lead early and kept it into 3 period then they would have tried to win but when the wings got an early lead that was it. It was the start of a long west coast trip and you could see that the energy wasn't there. Rinne wasn't sharp and wings were circling the wagon like the indians in a western movie roundtable and when they do that we can't do anything with them. Then they stopped and Ward scored on the pp and we kinda had life. But Datysuk ended all that and Weber let Holmstrom park in front and do what he does and Rinne ole'd the last one ...game over. Hey we already had a built in excuse

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 11:18 PM
  #79
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Just watched the highlights.



Zetterberg's pass to Datsyuk for the first goal was sick.

Datsyuk absolutely worked Spaling on that third goal.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 11:42 PM
  #80
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Would it not have been possible to dress Belak as a D tonight? or play a forward on the point on the PP to give the D-men a few more minutes of rest?

Though I am certainly not going to pin this loss on dressing only 5 d-men. We had 3 more very close calls in the final 10 mins, Spaling hit the post, right after that a puck went through the crease and of course Wilson had a puck right on the goal line. It was a night where the Wings pucks found the net and the Preds did not, I almost never blame a loss on bad luck, but honestly this game could easily have been 3-3 or 4-4 and who knows what happens in OT...
Belak did dress as the 6th D tonight. However, since he didn't take a shift, he doesn't appear in the boxscore. He was dressed and on the bench though...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 11:45 PM
  #81
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,167
vCash: 500
Sulzer with 28:18 today to lead all defenseman.

You really need Suter back.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 12:06 AM
  #82
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Sulzer with 28:18 today to lead all defenseman.

You really need Suter back.
That didn't just lead all defensemen, that lead every skater in the whole game! Guess he's earned the trust of the coaching staff...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 12:17 AM
  #83
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
That didn't just lead all defensemen, that lead every skater in the whole game! Guess he's earned the trust of the coaching staff...
Yeah that is crazy. Maybe he will finally earn a permanent spot on the Preds blueline or be used as trade bait.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 01:07 AM
  #84
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Yeah that is crazy. Maybe he will finally earn a permanent spot on the Preds blueline or be used as trade bait.
I think he'll definitely have the coaching staff taking a long look at Franson when Suter (and Bouillon) are healthy....

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 08:21 AM
  #85
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
The fact that we had only 5 D tonight was poor planning and a lack of foresight more than anything else.

Bouillon took a slapshot to his "upper body" in the second period of Thursday's game and subsequently missed ~10 minutes before returning to finish the game. He sat out Friday's practice, but was obviously thought to be ready to go tonight. Unfortunately at, before, or after the morning skate he was either ruled or he ruled himself out and it was too late to recall a defenseman from Milwaukee since they are currently out in Abbottsford...

Just a bad gamble that lead to an overworked D tonight...
Then they should've had a 7th defenseman on the roster. The fact that we only had 6 guys on the roster to begin with is ridiculous. Say someone went down in warmups or couldn't go, you have to have a backup plan. What if one of the 5 we dressed last night got hurt, then we're running 4 guys out there? You can't do that in this league. Couple that with Klasen getting minimal minutes and we virtually playing 16 against 18 last night. I can let certain things go easily but poor roster management isn't one of them.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 08:33 AM
  #86
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Then they should've had a 7th defenseman on the roster. The fact that we only had 6 guys on the roster to begin with is ridiculous. Say someone went down in warmups or couldn't go, you have to have a backup plan. What if one of the 5 we dressed last night got hurt, then we're running 4 guys out there? You can't do that in this league. Couple that with Klasen getting minimal minutes and we virtually playing 16 against 18 last night. I can let certain things go easily but poor roster management isn't one of them.
No, I completely agree. A defenseman should have been on the same plane as Klasen Friday morning heading to Detroit. No doubt about it. If he's not needed, oh well...but with Bouillon fighting an injury and Klein still under the weather, there is no doubt that it was stupid not to recall a defenseman.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 08:34 AM
  #87
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
No, I completely agree. A defenseman should have been on the same plane as Klasen Friday morning heading to Detroit. No doubt about it. If he's not needed, oh well...but with Bouillon fighting an injury and Klein still under the weather, there is no doubt that it was stupid not to recall a defenseman.
So here's the question, Poile, Trotz or both to blame for that one?

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 08:46 AM
  #88
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
So here's the question, Poile, Trotz or both to blame for that one?
I don't think we can assess blame without the facts. What was the training staff saying about the injury, what was Bouillon saying about the injury, what was the time table to get a D to Detroit (Milwaukee was in Abbottsford this weekend)?

I think it's on the organization as a whole. I'm not sure you can bash any one individual for that. Hopefully they learn from the mistake and don't let it happen again...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 08:49 AM
  #89
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I don't think we can assess blame without the facts. What was the training staff saying about the injury, what was Bouillon saying about the injury, what was the time table to get a D to Detroit (Milwaukee was in Abbottsford this weekend)?

I think it's on the organization as a whole. I'm not sure you can bash any one individual for that. Hopefully they learn from the mistake and don't let it happen again...
Here's the thing, it's not like this is Trotz and Poile's first rodeo. Sure the training staff and Bouillon were probably saying he's ok but if that's the case, they need a stern talking to as well. We basically were playing 2 men short last night and that's leaving your team and teammates hung out to dry.

Not saying it's all on one person here but they had time to get someone here. They got Klasen here, they should've sent Laakso with him.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 11:05 AM
  #90
hatedandproud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: On the MBTA
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I think he'll definitely have the coaching staff taking a long look at Franson when Suter (and Bouillon) are healthy....
I think, actually hope, they've already taken a look and will go with Sulzer.
It is VERY interesting that the most recent D call-up got 8+ minutes more than the guy who won the spot out of camp.

And I agree going into detroit with 5 D was insane. They should have at least given belak a couple of shifts.

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 11:21 AM
  #91
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
If they knew Cube was questionable, another Dman should have been there from MIL. From one of Trotz's comments about Klasen, he was brought up as insurance, not because he was going to add offensive punch to the lineup. So the question is, why wasn't a Dman brought up as insurance as well? Makes you think that something very unexpected happened with Bouillon. Or... they really, really screwed up. We'll probably never know what happened.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 11:44 AM
  #92
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,065
vCash: 500
This cloak and dagger type deals with injuries in the NHL is laughable. Trotz just doesn't get it. He thinks that he can win without scoring. Rookies don't come on this roster and light up the scoring sheet. If Ovechkin were on the Preds he would be scratch for 3 games until Trotz decided that he can play some kind of defense

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 12:52 PM
  #93
SilasAdams
Registered User
 
SilasAdams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Deadwood
Country: United States
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
Franson > Sulzer.

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 01:14 PM
  #94
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK All Day View Post
Franson > Sulzer.
That's why Sulzer got 28 minutes last night and plays on the penalty kill.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 02:28 PM
  #95
hatedandproud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: On the MBTA
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK All Day View Post
Franson > Sulzer.
Well alright then. I was on the fence about that, but your in depth analysis has convinced me.

Though I'm still a little confused as to why the coaching staff would give a lesser D-man TOI in all situations??? Including more PP time than franson??

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 02:58 PM
  #96
CloakroomCrusader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 933
vCash: 500
Already deleted this one off the DVR without watching it... after seeing what the score was, not worth it at all

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 03:54 PM
  #97
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi
 
CantbeatzPekka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: gamehendge
Country: Somalia
Posts: 4,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Sarcasm? Or is he doing better?
Montreal fans all said he can pass like no other, and to me he is really starting to show that he can and you can tell that his skating is better so hopefully that means his toe is healed up so he can be an effective 2 way playmaker

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 04:40 PM
  #98
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
That's why Sulzer got 28 minutes last night and plays on the penalty kill.
It should also be noted that Sulzer was on the ice for 4 of Detroit's goals.

This shouldn't surprise anyone. Every year we feed young defensemen to the wolves. Our D could be a huge strength, but it's only mediocre because we go with kids-- different from giving the kids a chance; we hand it to them. For example, last year we had to watch Klein play over 20 minutes a game, and was overall bad. What would have been the difference if we had kept Zanon for another million more? I can pretty much guarantee we would've had a higher seed, a better PK, and Zanon's playoff performance would have exceed Klein. Might have been the difference in getting out of the first round.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 04:51 PM
  #99
cleangene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful Bellevue
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
Guess I should never question not being able to watch a PREDS game over baylor/tex football..Thanks for sparing me the gory details this goring weekend, sportssouth knoxville tn. That "no excuses" sign- was it washed away when flood waters drenched the locker room? It seems to me that REALLY GOOD teams have players step up when others are out. Checking the box score to see that Shea Weber is a co-leader in shots on goal, speaks volumes. This isn't a "sky is falling" blurb, just stating the fact that I've seen this movie before, and it's getting a bit old. Btw, CODY freakin FRANSON still has more goals than goal scorer Marty Erat.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 09:40 PM
  #100
SilasAdams
Registered User
 
SilasAdams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Deadwood
Country: United States
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
That's why Sulzer got 28 minutes last night and plays on the penalty kill.
He was on the ice for 4 goals.

Franson > Sulzer

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.