HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver - New Jersey

Old
10-31-2010, 03:49 AM
Bolkonsky

vCash: 500
Vancouver - New Jersey

To NJ:

Kevin Bieksa (3.75 UFA)
Michael Samuelson (2.5 x 2 years UFA)
Cody Hodgson/Jordan Schroeder
Cory Schneider (.895 x 2 years RFA)
2011 1st

Salaries: 7.145 M (excluding Hodgson/Schroeder)

To Vancouver:

Zach Parise (3.125 RFA)
Jamie Langenbrunner (2.8 UFA)

Salaries: 5.925

Before anyone say that the salaries wouldn't work out, keep in mind that NJ has Hedberg as backup at 1.5m. If NJ waives/trades him the cap would work out.

Why Vancouver does this:

Parise would be playing on the second line with Raymond and Kesler, which makes the second line just as dangerous as the Sedin line instantly (assuming Parise will play like he did last year).

Parise is only 26, just entering his prime years. He is at a very reasonable cap hit this year, and is a RFA at the end of the deal. He is not a rental. Obviously, his cap is going to go up at the end of the year, which is troublesome. I'm under the impression that his next contract could be had in the 6m range (maybe 250k less?) if signed long term, so it would be possible for Vancouver to resign him and keep the salary cap under control. This is why Samuelson is in this deal. His cap hit of 2.5m is pretty good, but it extend for 2 more years. He also doesn't quite fit on the second line imo (I think his chemistry with Raymond and Kesler is forced). Parise's next contact would be eating Bieksa's and Samuelson's combined cap space that would free up (6.25) .

At the same time, if we get Parise, Schroeder, as good as he may become, is redundant. I am more willing to trade Schroeder over Hodgson, but NJ can take their pick.

Langenbrunner would play on our third line, with Malhotra. I would juggle Torres and Hansen between the third and fourth line. When Salo comes back we can figure out what to do then (most likely waive Lang and demote Parent, 3.725m free up).

Why NJ does this:

This trade may not do them much good this year, I admit. But it would be a key step in going forward next year and beyond.

Schneider is a very capable goalie prospect, and should be mentored under Brodeur to take over the throne as Brodeur is aging. As shown in the several starts Schneider has been given already this year, he is a very good backup at the moment, much better than Hedberg.

One of Hodgson/Schroeder would add another blue-chip forward propect to NJ's pool. They should play out the year in the AHL and should be ready next year, making some immediate impact. They both have high potential but has certain weaknesses. Hodgson...I think we all know about Hodgson. CHL player of the year...back injure, blah blah blah. I think he is a good prospect. He could bust, but he could also be a quality first line center (don't say you're certain he can't, you have no proof of such certainty). With Schroeder, he can be very dynamic, but he needs to overcome his size. I think he has very good potential to be a impact player in this league.

Samuelson would be an upgrade over Langenbrunner. He hasn't done much this year as of yet, but he has a lethal shot that could catch fire quickly. He may not reach his production last year, but I'm confident he will at least hit 20g this year.

Bieksa is a question mark. I'm not a hater of Bieksa, but I'm not going to sell him as a good defenseman. I think a question mark fits his current status very well, because he may continue to suck, or he may be very good (think of Wisnewski to NYI, or Shane O'Brien to Nashville). His credential has both been good and bad. The most attractive part about Bieksa is his deal runs out this year, so if he is good, resign him. If not, let him go. Judging by how NJ's year has been going so far, it probably wouldn't matter much.

I think this deal may not be accepted by either team atm, but I'm certain it would look more and more attractive to both as the season progresses.

What does HF think of the value going to each team?

Last edited by Bolkonsky: 10-31-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Bolkonsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 04:00 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 50
New Jersey can't add any more cap space.
And I'm sure they would want more/better quality players.

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 04:05 AM
Bolkonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
New Jersey can't add any more cap space.
And I'm sure they would want more/better quality players.
Did you even read past the players involved? Immediately I said they could get rid of Hedberg because they have Schneider now.

Bolkonsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 04:17 AM
HeadLikeAnOrange*

Good value, well thought out.

Would do it from a Canucks POV but man that would be a hard sell to tell the devils fans from management that they are more or less pulling the plug ~10 games in during a season which many people had them as a serious contender.

HeadLikeAnOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 04:19 AM
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slager View Post
Did you even read past the players involved? Immediately I said they could get rid of Hedberg because they have Schneider now.
You do realize that Devils still are way over the cap when Rolston/Salvador returns, even if they save a few dollars by changing goalies?

I can guarantee there is no way Devils will make a deal that has more salary coming in than going out. Remove Bieksa/Samuelsson/Schneider, add another 1st from Vancouver and it starts to look a little bit better.

Freudian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 04:24 AM
Parise09*

For Parise:

Van would have to give up: Kesler, Hodgson, and something else, and TAKE ON a salary dump.

Parise09* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 04:57 AM
Sayonara77
Farewell Kes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise09 View Post
For Parise:

Van would have to give up: Kesler, Hodgson, and something else, and TAKE ON a salary dump.

Let's not get crazy here. With that said I would love to have Parise on the 'nucks but our bigger need is a fourth line pk center. Besides it would take massive overpayment to get him, and it's really not worth creating a massive hole without getting back a adequate replacement.
__________________________________________________ _________________
My offer would be Ehrhoff+Schroeder/Hodgson+Schneider+1st. This is the maximum deal I would reasonably offer.... Though I doubt devils fans or the management would bite on that. Especially when how much parise means to that team.

Realistically assuming Parise demands a trade (which is unlikely), devils would want a young scoring forward(ex:e.kane)+a legit young top pairing defenceman(ex: bogosian)+a possible pick. This is what he would garner imho.

Sayonara77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 05:07 AM
None Shall Pass
Cory Stops All

No no no a million times no

None Shall Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 05:13 AM
Nine to Five
Now Eight to Four!

Junk, lazy streaky player, highly touted prospects that aren't doing too much in the A, a goalie that looks good but unproven and a pick for parise and a salary dump.

I don't think Parise will be had with a bunch of spare parts. I'd imagine it'll need at least a kesler+schneider type of deal

Nine to Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 05:15 AM
Kagee*

I'd love Parise, but it would take at least Raymond, Bieksa and a quality prospect/pick to get this done.

And we would have to absorb Langenbrunner's contract somehow as well imo.

Which would mean a few more pieces to add to this semi blockbuster trade involving Parise to the Canucks.

I think a lot people out in the East would be surprised at how awesome Raymond is as a super speedy scoring/stickhandler LW he is.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 05:17 AM
Parise09*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayonara77 View Post
Let's not get crazy here. With that said I would love to have Parise on the 'nucks but our bigger need is a fourth line pk center. Besides it would take massive overpayment to get him, and it's really not worth creating a massive hole without getting back a adequate replacement.
__________________________________________________ _________________
My offer would be Ehrhoff+Schroeder/Hodgson+Schneider+1st. This is the maximum deal I would reasonably offer.... Though I doubt devils fans or the management would bite on that. Especially when how much parise means to that team.

Realistically assuming Parise demands a trade (which is unlikely), devils would want a young scoring forward(ex:e.kane)+a legit young top pairing defenceman(ex: bogosian)+a possible pick. This is what he would garner imho.
I think NJ would actually bite on that offer to be honest. The first one, that is. Like you said, it's probably an overpayment, but it is Zach Parise, a 26 year old proven 90 point 40 goal scorer. (This is also only if Parise is "unhappy" in NJ, and is forced to trade him. Otherwise, they don't trade the heart and soul of their team at all.)

Old
10-31-2010, 05:49 AM
Blane Youngblood

Quote:
I think NJ would actually bite on that offer to be honest. The first one, that is. Like you said, it's probably an overpayment, but it is Zach Parise, a 26 year old proven 90 point 40 goal scorer. (This is also only if Parise is "unhappy" in NJ, and is forced to trade him. Otherwise, they don't trade the heart and soul of their team at all.)
Great! Its funny, I posted the exact same package of players for Parise on the Canucks board early this evening.

To NJ: Erhoff + Schroeder/Hodgson + Schneider + 1st
To Van: Parise + Salary Dump (Langenbrunner/Rolston) + cheap backup goalie?

Blane Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 05:55 AM
JUICEY*

This trade is terrible.

Bieska is horrible and is a UFA.
Samuelsson is a good 3rd liner.
Schneider is a goalie prospect and goalies value is at an alltime low
Hodgson has 3 points in 7 games in the AHL
1st won't be good
AND THEY TAKE ON SALARY

Start with Kesler, Schneider and add more

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 05:58 AM
Parise09*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
Great! Its funny, I posted the exact same package of players for Parise on the Canucks board early this evening.

Yeah, it's a lot to give up but NJ would be looking for Quality, and that package provides it.

Old
10-31-2010, 06:39 AM
HeadLikeAnOrange*

Quote:
Would do this with Langs but HELL NO to Rolston!

HeadLikeAnOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 06:42 AM
wahoyaho

Would not do for Parise not worth that

wahoyaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 06:47 AM
JuniorNelson

Canucks haven't been able to assess thier team yet. After they see ten games with Burrows playing they might rethink some things, not before.

Canucks need an intimidating fourth line center, IMO. This isn't something you'd trade a bunch of youngsters for.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 08:08 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
For Parise:

I agree. As if they would trade a top 10 NHL forward who is 26 so the Canucks can dump a bunch of their unneeded players on another team AND take back less salary than they give up. To get Parise a team is going to have to give one of their top 2 or 3 players AND take back salary. To think otherwise would be a pipe dream.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 12:35 PM
Moore Money

Quote:

that looks like an overpayment by the Canucks to me which means it's probably fair value. Parise on the 2nd line would be great.

unfortunately it would also mean we have to keep Bieksa

Moore Money is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Peter Griffin

Parise to Vancouver makes ZERO sense. Sure it would be great to have him on our 2nd line, but he's going to be looking for $6M+ next season and the Canucks should be looking to spend money on defense, especially if Ehrhoff were to be dealt.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote