HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zuccarello Aasen

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
I can't believe how many posters got ripped on this summer for not being ready to include Aasen in their lineup projections for the season. I still don't think he'll ever be an impact player in the NHL.

Old
10-31-2010, 10:49 AM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
They don't have premier players like Parros or Boogaard, therefore it is a sissy liberal hippie league where they sit around campfires smoking pot and singing songs together after the game is over.
listening to Don Cherry yesterday on George Parros you would have thought that was true.

guy went on for 10 mins about how he should be playing on the 3rd line and not the fourth.

Old
10-31-2010, 10:50 AM
Rangers44*

If I was the top scorer in Sweden and came to the NHL and after 3 pre-season games they tell me "sorry you are not good enough, go play in AHL" I would want to go back to Sweden or KHL where I would be appreciated a lot more.

Old
10-31-2010, 10:56 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Staal, MDZ, Gilroy all made the NHL straight from their perspective leagues.

The others yes, but the wolfpack teams I believe were much better --> gernander was not the coach, and they seemed to be much more organized.

last yr they seemed to really take a turn for the worst.

frankly, kenny g needs to go and they need to find the cancers in the dressing room and remove them.
Staal played for the Pack in the AHL playoffs.

Gilroy played a bunch of games for the Pack last year.

I'll give you MDZ.

In any event, blaming this on our AHL team is just looking for excuses. If MZA wants to go back to Europe to be a star again, I don't really blame him. Just don't have your agent/rep talk s--- about this organization as if we don't know what we're doing with prospects. This team is over half internally developed.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:01 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

It doesn't matter what you think though. What is fact is that the kid has talent. There's no way anyone can argue against that. We needed to do everything for him to stay in Hartford and adjust to the NA rink/game. I feel as if he has been ignored in Hartford. Not only on the ice by teammates but quite possibly by management too. It's hard to develop when you are treated like that.

This is getting ridiculous. We have hard time signing our RFA's; and now we can't even keep overseas players content. Baranka is another individual that comes to mind.

Are we really a first/world class organization? Let's hope this article is false.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Yeah this, combined with Hartford's struggles, Kreider's BC conundrum, McDonagh's failure to make the roster, it has been a pretty bad year thus far for Rangers development.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Rodent

The CBA permits NYR to loan Z-A to Modo for the remainder of the season without forfeiting NYR's rights to him for next season. Modo then pays Z-A and insures him for the duration.

I.e., if Z-A wants to go back and Naslund wants Z-A back and Slats has no objections, it can happen and happen quickly. The CBA won't stand in the way. Nor would Glen be losing a chance to bring Z-A back next year.

My point is that if it is not happening, then:

Either Z-A does not wish to leave just yet, or Naslund doesn't really want him back, or Slats has not granted permission. At least one of these must be true to explain his continued presence in Hartford.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
They don't have premier players like Parros or Boogaard, therefore it is a sissy liberal hippie league where they sit around campfires smoking pot and singing songs together after the game is over.
Must be a ton of St. Lawrence standouts playing in that league. Guys people kept saying he was top line or a second line player. He wasn't yet. He needs to work hard and prove himself till then he is a Whalepack player. And as far as the goon comments it is getting old fellas try a new argument

Old
10-31-2010, 11:08 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

You know what, though? Look at the other side of this:

You're going to tell Jeremy Williams, who is working his ass off trying to get back to the NHL, that leading the team in goals isn't enough for a call up?

You're going to tell Dane Byers, who has been a borderline NHL'er and still young, that he's not getting the call despite outscoring MZA and being patient in the AHL?

You're going to tell Grachev, routinely rated the highest Rangers prospect of all (warranted or not), that this Norwegian guy is immediately ahead of you after playing a few AHL games while you've put in a year+ already?

These decisions don't just impact MZA, they impact the entire roster in Hartford.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:09 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
Yeah this, combined with Hartford's struggles, Kreider's BC conundrum, McDonagh's failure to make the roster, it has been a pretty bad year thus far for Rangers development.
McDonagh is a -7, 0 points, in 11 games. He's not ready, whether some of you want to hear it or not.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:09 AM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Staal played for the Pack in the AHL playoffs.

Gilroy played a bunch of games for the Pack last year.

I'll give you MDZ.

In any event, blaming this on our AHL team is just looking for excuses. If MZA wants to go back to Europe to be a star again, I don't really blame him. Just don't have your agent/rep talk s--- about this organization as if we don't know what we're doing with prospects. This team is over half internally developed.
i don't really agree with you on that.
the pack have been dreadful for a 2 years now.

but Staal played 12 games - thats not really developing in the AHL.
and Gilly played 5

Anisimov, Callahan and Dubinsky developed in the AHL.

Either way, the pack went through a pretty big personal change at the beginning of last yr. This isn't the same team as when Cally, Artem, and Dubi "graduated".

There is no reason that Zuccarello should not be producing - this guy tore apart a far superior league - my gut says he is not being given a shot.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:11 AM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Quote:
You know what, though? Look at the other side of this:

You're going to tell Jeremy Williams, who is working his ass off trying to get back to the NHL, that leading the team in goals isn't enough for a call up?

You're going to tell Dane Byers, who has been a borderline NHL'er and still young, that he's not getting the call despite outscoring MZA and being patient in the AHL?

You're going to tell Grachev, routinely rated the highest Rangers prospect of all (warranted or not), that this Norwegian guy is immediately ahead of you after playing a few AHL games while you've put in a year+ already?

These decisions don't just impact MZA, they impact the entire roster in Hartford.

i'd just be curious was the TOI for Byers and Williams are in the A

Old
10-31-2010, 11:11 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
McDonagh is a -7, 0 points, in 11 games. He's not ready, whether some of you want to hear it or not.
I'm not gonna argue with you. I thought Vtank looked better all through camp. Draft position be damned.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:14 AM
Rangers44*

Quote:
...or maybe Gernander is a bad coach?

Old
10-31-2010, 11:16 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
I'm not gonna argue with you. I thought Vtank looked better all through camp. Draft position be damned.
McDonagh didn't play like a -7 in camp either. However, I did like Vtank better.

I'm not confident one bit w/ the coaching staff in Hartford. I'ved heard some of the things Gernander has said. I've heard him describe the game and how he wants Hartford to play and let me tell you that he didn't sound all that clear. It seems as if it's Hartford/NYR just paying homage to Gernander b/c he played his entire career there.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:19 AM
CaptainObvi0us
HFB Partner

Rangers deny the Swedish paper's newspaper report

LINK

Old
10-31-2010, 11:21 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
i don't really agree with you on that.
the pack have been dreadful for a 2 years now.

but Staal played 12 games - thats not really developing in the AHL.
and Gilly played 5

Anisimov, Callahan and Dubinsky developed in the AHL.

Either way, the pack went through a pretty big personal change at the beginning of last yr. This isn't the same team as when Cally, Artem, and Dubi "graduated".

There is no reason that Zuccarello should not be producing - this guy tore apart a far superior league - my gut says he is not being given a shot.
I'm not arguing that Staal found his game in the AHL or that Gilroy spent years there before getting a shot. But neither of these guys got on the waaahmbulance, either, because they were in the AHL. Not saying MZA did, either, but someone is talking...

MZA has played 11 games in the AHL. 11 games in North America. He's got to put in the time before earning a shot with the big club. I don't see any reason, unless he starts scoring his ass off, of why he should be up instead of Grachev. Or Williams. I don't care what he did in the SEL. If he were ready to make that jump, I'm sure the Rangers would much rather have a "sexy" name like MZA on their big club if it were warranted. He's got 2 goals, 0 assists, in 11 games. Brian Boyle has 4 goals in 11 games @ the NHL level with less ice time than you're implying that MZA is receiving. I don't even think that's the case, however.

Maybe Leslie can enlighten us at some point.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:23 AM
Placid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
Rangers deny the Swedish paper's newspaper report

LINK
Thank you

Old
10-31-2010, 11:28 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
...or maybe Gernander is a bad coach?
OIC.

Have you looked at their lineup of forwards? They've scored 20 goals in 11 games.

Hartford is going to struggle and I don't care if the ghost of Herb Brooks comes out of the grave to coach that team. They aren't very strong.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:44 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
OIC.

Have you looked at their lineup of forwards? They've scored 20 goals in 11 games.

Hartford is going to struggle and I don't care if the ghost of Herb Brooks comes out of the grave to coach that team. They aren't very strong.
Yes, I have:

MZA: Eliteserien MVP, Norway's best player in the Olympics
Grachev (until recently): A top 50 NHL prospect
Kennedy: A guy who played 76 games in the NHL last year
J Williams: A guy who scored 32 goals and 63 points in this same league last year
Byers: A guy who scored 25 goals and 51 points in this same league last year
Newbury: A guy who scored 15 goals and 51 points in this same league last year (including 18 points in 18 games when he came to the Pack at the end of the year.

That seems like a good top 6 to me. But then, I'm no Ken Gernander, so what do I know?

Old
10-31-2010, 11:46 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
OIC.

All signs would seem to point to this though. There's a lot less evidence that he's a good coach and is optimally developing players than there is that he's not a good coach and is harming player development.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:46 AM
DM23BK30

I liked parts of what I saw in camp. He definitely has a high level of skill in the offensive end. And I saw him battle and fight for pucks, so he isn't soft or lazy.

Sadly, I don't think there is room for him right now. I can see him going to a skill team like Pittsburgh or Atlanta and absolutely light it up.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:52 AM
pzilla3

Honestly, players just don't always translate over to the North American game like you'd ideally hope. Look at Bruunstrom in Dallas.

Last edited by pzilla3: 10-31-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old
10-31-2010, 11:54 AM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

Meh, where there's smoke, there's usually fire. If he is whining and wants to go home, let him. I really don't care.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:54 AM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

It just boggles my mind that after we win players that we fight other teams over like Gilroy and this guy they turn out to be instant busts.

Closed Thread