HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zuccarello Aasen

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

vCash: 500
This should be easy...Prust down to the fourth line (where he belongs). Grachev back to Hartford. Zuccarello to NYR.

Old
10-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
This should be easy...Prust down to the fourth line (where he belongs). Grachev back to Hartford. Zuccarello to NYR.
To stop him from running away after 3 weeks of the season?

Old
10-31-2010, 12:10 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
To stop him from running away after 3 weeks of the season?
Uh no. Zuke said he's quite alright with playing in the A. I'm just saying that Zuke deserves to be playing with the Rangers right now instead of Grachev. Also Prust should be playing on the fourth line. That is where he belongs.

Old
10-31-2010, 12:15 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Yes, I have:

MZA: Eliteserien MVP, Norway's best player in the Olympics
Grachev (until recently): A top 50 NHL prospect
Kennedy: A guy who played 76 games in the NHL last year
J Williams: A guy who scored 32 goals and 63 points in this same league last year
Byers: A guy who scored 25 goals and 51 points in this same league last year
Newbury: A guy who scored 15 goals and 51 points in this same league last year (including 18 points in 18 games when he came to the Pack at the end of the year.

That seems like a good top 6 to me. But then, I'm no Ken Gernander, so what do I know?
MZA: 2 G in 11 games in a new environment. Obviously, big upside. Let's hope it works out. It might not.
Grachev: has potential, but 13 goals in nearly 90 AHL games isn't a strong argument
Kennedy: (out with an injury, btw) 20 G in 80 AHL games - again, not a strong argument. And he's not even playing.
J. Williams: he did that on a team that was even worse than the Pack. Probably why he got called up instead of MZA. 2nd behind MZA.
Byers: good for 20+ goals a year. Still, not overly offensively gifted.
Newbury: 373 AHL games, 81 G = Less than 20G/season average

I'm not impressed.

I mean, come on. They had ONE guy last year that made the top 50 in the entire league in scoring and they lost Locke & Parenteau. There are tons of AHL guys who've scored 30, 40, or 50 goals that haven't gotten to stay in the NHL (Giroux, for one, hell he scored 60 goals one year).

Old
10-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Then put your glasses on and search a little..

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle8047653.ab

Translated to google-english, it wont translate the page but here's most of it.

King of points on his way back to Modo

Zuccarello leaves Rangers
Mats Zuccarello has decided to leave New York Rangers and the Farm Team Hartford.

According Sportbladets sources, the Rangers have given the green light after Markus Naslund contacted the club's general manager Glen Sather.

Now, everything points to that point the king returns to Modo.

- The situation is not optimal and we have to find a solution, "said Zuccarellos Swedish agent Erik Ryman.

Sportbladet can today reveal the secret game around Mats Zuccarello, 23. Markus Naslund ended his NHL career in a great New York Rangers. Today is the last major player in Modo board.

According Sportbladets sources, Markus Naslund personally have contacted the Rangers general manager Glen Sather and asked about what plans the club had to Zuccarello. The question is Sather, according Sportbladets sources, have had no clear answer.

Want to leave Hartford
Then Naslund have said that Modo like to have back his points king.

Sathers is to have replied that if Zuccarello himself asked to leave, only to do it.

And as Sportbladet experience Zuccarello want nothing more than to leave Hartford and New York Rangers.

Chased by six clubs
A source with good insight tell Sportbladet that the Norwegian for a long time been unhappy with life.

- The situation is not optimal and we have to find a solution. But he is under contract with the Rangers and it is they who decide, "said agent Eric Ryman.

Modo is the main option if he leaves?

- Of course it's interesting. Modo is a good option, that's where he got everything and everyone.

Nightmare Fall
Last spring was chased Mats Zuccarello of six NHL clubs. Even before the World Cup decided Elite Series points King of the New York Rangers.

But the fall has turned into a real nightmare for the Norwegian national team striker. Zuccarello was soon informed that he would move down to the Farm Team.

Also in Hartford, it has not become a success. In ten matches, the Norwegian was responsible for two points.

Zuccarello was on the ice in the night's road game against Springfield.

It was almost certainly his last game for Hartford.

Sportbladet have searched Mats Zuccarello and Modo sporting director Fredrik Andersson.
There is not one word there about him not likeing it off the ice in the USA.

You made that up?

Old
10-31-2010, 12:18 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
It just boggles my mind that after we win players that we fight other teams over like Gilroy and this guy they turn out to be instant busts.
Slow down there, chief. Gilroy is a 2nd year pro who is playing markedly better than last year. Too early to label him an "instant bust".

Old
10-31-2010, 12:21 PM
lure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
Rangers deny the Swedish paper's newspaper report

LINK
Good to hear!
When i first read about it and saw that the source was Aftonbladet i was a bit sceptic. It's a notorious ******** magazine that blows everything out of proportion and does anything for a scoop.

Old
10-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Ola

One thing people must have in mind is that his agent in Sweden have everything to win by him coming home (-- while his agent in the US have everything to win from him coming to the US).

Players have two agents, one that reps them on each continent (and they natrually get paid depending on which continent the kid plays on). So, its definitely possible that his agent over here is just being a loudmouth trying to get him home.

Old
10-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by lure View Post
Good to hear!
When i first read about it and saw that the source was Aftonbladet i was a bit sceptic. It's a notorious ******** magazine that blows everything out of proportion and does anything for a scoop.
They did have direct quotes from his swedish agent.

Old
10-31-2010, 12:38 PM
lure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
They did have direct quotes from his swedish agent.
Yeah but Aftonbladet takes everything to the edge and the quotes really doesn't say much. Only that Modo want's him back (not very strange) and that he is not doing well at the moment. With that information they write an article with the headline that says "he's on his way home" and that Hartford vs Springfield probably was his last game. They write that Mats has made up his mind and is going home even without speaking to him...

Old
10-31-2010, 12:39 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
MZA: 2 G in 11 games in a new environment. Obviously, big upside. Let's hope it works out. It might not.
Grachev: has potential, but 13 goals in nearly 90 AHL games isn't a strong argument
Kennedy: (out with an injury, btw) 20 G in 80 AHL games - again, not a strong argument. And he's not even playing.
J. Williams: he did that on a team that was even worse than the Pack. Probably why he got called up instead of MZA. 2nd behind MZA.
Byers: good for 20+ goals a year. Still, not overly offensively gifted.
Newbury: 373 AHL games, 81 G = Less than 20G/season average

I'm not impressed.

I mean, come on. They had ONE guy last year that made the top 50 in the entire league in scoring and they lost Locke & Parenteau. There are tons of AHL guys who've scored 30, 40, or 50 goals that haven't gotten to stay in the NHL (Giroux, for one, hell he scored 60 goals one year).
I see - and the other teams in the AHL for whatever reason are stocked with legit 30 goal NHL caliber forwards?

More specifically:
1) Kennedy hasn't been injured all year long - it's a recent occurrence (note that I didn't include Weise who is another talented forward at the AHL level, because he HAS been hurt all year);
2) I'm not saying that guys like MZA should be scoring 60 goals - but why the heck isn't he scoring on pace for 30?
3) We're saying that the entire forward corps is underperforming because the coach is crap. Your response is the coach is good, but is being let down because the entire forward corps is underperforming. Which is more likely?
4) You listed before all the great players that came out of HFD. Look at that list again and answer me two questions: a) How many of those guys are dynamic, creative offensive players? And b) more importantly, how many of them were produced under Gernander's watch?

Old
10-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

I really have trouble believing this

And in regards to sending grachev down and bringing up mza....torts and sather talk to the wolfpack coaches and ask who has been there best player the past few games. That is often how they make the decision on who to call up (if they plan on playing them).

I also think, if grachev continues to play the way he has, we will not see much more of white.

Old
10-31-2010, 12:49 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
I see - and the other teams in the AHL for whatever reason are stocked with legit 30 goal NHL caliber forwards?
More so than HFD? Is this a trick question? Other teams have legit 30 goal *AHL* caliber forwards.

Quote:
More specifically:
1) Kennedy hasn't been injured all year long - it's a recent occurrence (note that I didn't include Weise who is another talented forward at the AHL level, because he HAS been hurt all year);
2) I'm not saying that guys like MZA should be scoring 60 goals - but why the heck isn't he scoring on pace for 30?
3) We're saying that the entire forward corps is underperforming because the coach is crap. Your response is the coach is good, but is being let down because the entire forward corps is underperforming. Which is more likely?
4) You listed before all the great players that came out of HFD. Look at that list again and answer me two questions: a) How many of those guys are dynamic, creative offensive players? And b) more importantly, how many of them were produced under Gernander's watch?
1.) Kennedy has played 6 games out of 11.
2.) MZA is adjusting. I think he'll come around
3.) Never advocated Gernander as a coach or anything else. I never said he was "good". All I've said is that the forwards there leave a lot to be desired. They do.
4.) He took over in 2007 - who are we going to give him credit for? Grachev if he's successful? PAP, because he's playing well on the Isle? Sauer? McDonagh? Are we going to go back to when he was part of the process as an assistant coach? Callahan? Dubinsky? There are so many variables here that it's hard to assign blame or give credit to one guy in a process that starts at draft day.

Hartford made the playoffs every year for quite a few years until last year, where, coincidentally, the big club didn't make it either.

I wasn't under the illusion that the Rangers were particularly gifted last year. I'm not under that illusion with Hartford, either. This year will be a struggle for them regardless of who the coach is.

Old
10-31-2010, 12:53 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Brooks' tweet: Sather: No agreement whatsoever to allow Zuccarello to return to Europe. "He's learning the North American game. He's not going anywhere."

Old
10-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
Also, assuming this is all true (which i don't think it is) as a team I would NEVER give in to a whiney player who has yet to prove ANYTHING at the PROFESSIONAL level, let alone the NHL.

Second, Prust has been extremely adequte on the second line. He is a proven NHL'r. You are crazy if you think of putting him on the fourth line and putting an unproven professional straight on the second line.

Honestly this comment was so short but so illogical.

Old
10-31-2010, 12:55 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
There is not one word there about him not likeing it off the ice in the USA.

You made that up?
...for a long time been unhappy with life.

He's also mentioned to Norwegian media several times that he doesn't like the place, and it really doesn't make it better when he only plays a few minutes a game in the AHL.

There's a comment from his friend Patrick Thoresen: Take better care of him, or he'll return to Sweden for sure.

But Zuccarello sent a message to Norwegian TV-channel NRK: I'm not going home. It's been tough here from the start, but things are getting better now.

So it looks like the Swedish newspaper is not telling the truth, but I think this will be a wakeup call for NYR...use him or lose him.

Old
10-31-2010, 01:07 PM
NYRangers16

Quote:

He's also mentioned to Norwegian media several times that he doesn't like the place, and it really doesn't make it better when he only plays a few minutes a game in the AHL.

There's a comment from his friend Patrick Thoresen: Take better care of him, or he'll return to Sweden for sure.

But Zuccarello sent a message to Norwegian TV-channel NRK: I'm not going home. It's been tough here from the start, but things are getting better now.

So it looks like the Swedish newspaper is not telling the truth, but I think this will be a wakeup call for NYR...use him or lose him.
"for a long time been unhappy with life"

given the translation source, this could mean many things. it could be referring to adjusting to the game, adjusting to the country or it could mean that he had difficulty finding a good sweedish restaurant. seriously, you have to put it in context of a sketchy translation and realise that the phrasing matters an awful lot if you are going to try to interpret meaning.

second of all, i gotta agree with some of the other posters - the hartford players aren't playing that well and i doubt it's because they suck. it's way more likely that the coach isn't developing them offensively. now, does it make sense to teach young players how to be responsible defensively? yes, absolutely. it's a very smart thing to do so they don't come up and allow tons of goals. however, young offensively gifted players need to be able to create and score goals and gain confidence, and i don't see a lot of that going on right now. this is a concerning issue that's worth monitoring.

Old
10-31-2010, 01:10 PM
NickPerriNYR

'Twas a fake! Nice try Sweden, but you're not getting your superstar back!

Old
10-31-2010, 01:22 PM
gorgos

Zuccarello: I'm not going home!

Quote:
- Will work as hard as I can

The Norwegian thinks that his form is on the upswing, and believes the lack points in the season opening, to some extent due to bad luck and poor flow.

- I've been playing well in recent games, and with a little flow, I could have had a number of points. I hope it evens out eventually.

But I'm prepared to go on and work as hard as I can, "says Zuccarello Aasen.
http://translate.google.com/translat...ey%2F1.7361008

Old
10-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Honestly every interview ive heard with MZA he seems to have a great attitude and seems to be a really hard worker

Old
10-31-2010, 01:36 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
More so than HFD? Is this a trick question? Other teams have legit 30 goal *AHL* caliber forwards.
And my argument is that the Pack should as well - if not for the coach.
Quote:
1.) Kennedy has played 6 games out of 11.
Right - he missed the first 3 because he was with the Rangers.
Quote:
2.) MZA is adjusting. I think he'll come around
I hope so! But the trend right now appears to be in the other direction (just like it was for Grachev before him) - and the anecdotal info is certainly not good.
Quote:
3.) Never advocated Gernander as a coach or anything else. I never said he was "good". All I've said is that the forwards there leave a lot to be desired. They do.
Ok, but if that's the case, then you're saying that MZA and Grachev were mediocre prospects all along (disagree) and that Byers, Williams, Newbury (and Kennedy for crying out loud!) aren't solid AHL players (disagree again).
Quote:
4.) He took over in 2007 - who are we going to give him credit for? Grachev if he's successful? PAP, because he's playing well on the Isle? Sauer? McDonagh? Are we going to go back to when he was part of the process as an assistant coach? Callahan? Dubinsky? There are so many variables here that it's hard to assign blame or give credit to one guy in a process that starts at draft day.
He gets credit for the players who developed into legit NHL talent under his tutelage as head coach. In other words: Anisimov - that's it. PAP was an established AHL vet when he came to the Pack - should he continue to play well for the Isles (I'm doubtful, but I could be wrong), I guess you could give him partial credit for him too. But everyone/anyone else over the three plus years he's been in charge? Nope. Schoenfeld gets credit for Dubi and Cally. By all accounts McD has REGRESSED since going under his guiding hand. Sauer? If anything, he's taken longer to get here than he should have (although to be fair, injuries played a role) and now that he's here, he's not playing.

Quote:
Hartford made the playoffs every year for quite a few years until last year, where, coincidentally, the big club didn't make it either.

I wasn't under the illusion that the Rangers were particularly gifted last year. I'm not under that illusion with Hartford, either. This year will be a struggle for them regardless of who the coach is.
Under Gernander it's been out in the first round, out in the first round and missed the POs entirely.

I'm not saying that the Pack has the world's best roster of all time, but they should be doing a lot better than they are. And our prospects should be progressing (at HFD - not when they go elsewhere) a lot more than they have.

Old
10-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Levitate

Quote:

They can't lose him without letting him go. You seem intent on making this true, when indications are that it is not.

You've ignored evidence that he in fact is not playing 4th line minutes in the AHL, you've ignored articles with direct quotes from him that call into question the validity of this other article.

Old
10-31-2010, 01:47 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

@BrooklynRangersFan

Not arguing on behalf of Gernander at all. Really. I could care less if he got his walking papers tomorrow. That doesn't change my take on the forward group @ Hartford. MZA is an unproven commodity in North America and we certainly do not have an elite forward (unless MZA turns out to be one) in the AHL at this point. Other teams have FAR superior top 6 talent than we do at the AHL level. I'm really not trying to get into a pissing match about Gernander or his record. I'm not out to defend the guy at all. It doesn't change the fact that I don't think our top 6 is good enough, at this point, to be a Calder Cup contender or much of a threat.

And, believe me, I'd rather have MZA turn into a scoring machine and end up at the big club than end up being a successful AHL'er.

Old
10-31-2010, 02:13 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPerriNYR View Post
'Twas a fake! Nice try Sweden, but you're not getting your superstar back!
2p in 11 AHL games is superstar material? Similar players like Klasen and Omark are playing well in AHL, so why cant this guy?

Old
10-31-2010, 02:16 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
They can't lose him without letting him go. You seem intent on making this true, when indications are that it is not.

You've ignored evidence that he in fact is not playing 4th line minutes in the AHL, you've ignored articles with direct quotes from him that call into question the validity of this other article.
Well they can't force him to play, so if he doesn't want to stay there they really don't have a choice.

Question is who's telling the truth. The Swedish paper said they have revealed secret talks. Were we not supposed to know about this? Do they deny it just to cover it up? I don't know what to believe, but to be honest, I actually think that returning to Modo is what Zuccarello really wants.

Closed Thread