HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Denis Hamel

Old
08-30-2010, 05:53 PM
WillardJFredricks

vCash: 500
Denis Hamel

Has anyone heard where he will end up? I think his 3 Yr contract with Binghamton ended after 09-10 and I seem to recall hearing he was going to move elsewhere, possibly even Europe but I haven't seen his name on any transaction pages this summer. Maybe he'll turn up in an NHL camp as an invite?

WillardJFredricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 11:17 PM
SpezDispenser

I'm pretty sure I heard he was retiring. If you want a quick and accurate answer, post this question in the Ottawa Senators forum at the top under 'All things Binghamton'.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 11:23 PM
sabrefan27

http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2010...eone_anyo.html

Quote:
Hamel told me on Monday that he has sent a fax to every AHL team asking for a tryout this preseason. Not a contract, mind you. Just a little look-see.
Hamel, 33, told me that if he doesn't get any interest he's going to retire and play semi-pro hockey. Hamel went 22-29 with the Sens last season.
"It's really hard. I thought I wasn't playing too bad the last couple of years,'' he said. "I didn't expect to get nothing, not even a phone call.''

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 12:43 PM
WillardJFredricks

Thanks for the info. I can't believe there's so little interest. His numbers have dropped some recently but still he's been a solid point producer at the AHL level for years, plus a captain and community role model as well. He's still pretty young too. I would have figured at least 5 teams would be lining up to sign him.

Old
09-03-2010, 02:53 PM
WillardJFredricks

Sounds like Hamel has signed with Saguenay Marquis of the LNAH. I saw it on eliteprospects. The Saguenay site is in French so I'm not sure the details, like whether it's contingent on him not catching on in the AHL or not.

Old
10-06-2010, 04:26 PM
jeets

Sag Marquis

He is there for the season, committed to them. Donald Brashear is also in that league with Sorel-Tracy......seems like the French born players who still want to play end up in that league......the fighting is off the hook league wide........

jeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 01:52 PM
WillardJFredricks

Hamel just signed with Adirondack of the AHL, presumably to take Patrick Maroon's place.