HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parise wants out of New Jersey, good fit in Columbus?

Old
10-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Parise wants out of New Jersey, good fit in Columbus?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=836074

According to that thread Zach Parise is not happy in New Jersey and will likely play out the season and look for an offer sheet or a trade from the Devils.
With that said, he'd be a perfect fit here. We need a player who's better than Nash on this team for it to be successful, and Parise fits that description.
Problem is would Parise want to play with a perennial bottom feeder and an organization with a questionable effort to win?? I don't know.

Some offers I'd consider for Parise.

Rick Nash straight up, most of us are fed up with Nash for being lazy and not producing, I'd ship him out in a heartbeat if Lou Lamoriello was willing to take him. Would NJ want 2 wingers making that dough and having a reputation for taking shifts off?

Voracek + other assets: That would be more advantageous for us, maybe Nash playing with another elite player will be enough to motivate him, since $ 7.8 million is not enough.

Brassard + Moore + whatever NJ wants: This would allow us to keep Nash/Voracek. Question is does Brass/Moore even interest NJ? Maybe.

Flame away.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Sportscentral is slightly better than Eklund. But not much.

He's not available.

10-31-2010, 08:42 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Lol, if there was a way to get Parise away from New Jersey without giving up Nash, I'm all for it.

CBJWennberg41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 08:42 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post

According to that thread Zach Parise is not happy in New Jersey and will likely play out the season and look for an offer sheet or a trade from the Devils.
With that said, he'd be a perfect fit here. We need a player who's better than Nash on this team for it to be successful, and Parise fits that description.
Problem is would Parise want to play with a perennial bottom feeder and an organization with a questionable effort to win?? I don't know.
May I suggest, if we ever get the chance to go after Parise, that we not phrase the question in that manner?

Also: http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=383

Who knows what the truth is.

Edit: Obviously, if I could get Parise, even at the expense of Nash, I'd do it.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Ludicrous Speed

I would have absolutely no problem trading Voracek if Parise's name is in the equation. I'd add just about anything else.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:

Some offers I'd consider for Parise.

Rick Nash straight up, most of us are fed up with Nash for being lazy and not producing, I'd ship him out in a heartbeat if Lou Lamoriello was willing to take him. Would NJ want 2 wingers making that dough and having a reputation for taking shifts off?

Voracek + other assets: That would be more advantageous for us, maybe Nash playing with another elite player will be enough to motivate him, since $ 7.8 million is not enough.

Brassard + Moore + whatever NJ wants: This would allow us to keep Nash/Voracek. Question is does Brass/Moore even interest NJ? Maybe.

Flame away.

We'd be robbed with either of those trades if Parise "played out the season." We'd essentually be giving up one or two first round picks (depending on your proposed trade) for a player's rights.

If we traded for him now or mid season, Voracek and Brassard would still be off the table. Voracek is having a bad season, but over the past two he's shown improvement, and his slow start might be because of the new system or because his line-mates aren't producing enough, and Brassard is coming around. His shot on the breakaway was a quarter inch from going in, and he's had opportunities come just as close. I'm not sure if he's a future number one, but I'd say he'd be a decent number two center.

Generally to get players such as Parise, or a player of his caliber, I'd say you'd have to give up a good prospect, a good player, and a high pick depending on the prior two. That's of course a blanket statement; you of course have situations like Heatley which left Ottawa's door wide open and a big "rob me" sign on the front.

I'd say in this particular situation a top six player and a good prospect would be required. But Jersey isn't taking on cap space, so a mid-season trade is pretty much out of the question, because we don't have anyone at the caliber we could trade at that price, unless you want to give up Filatov plus another prior first round pick.

Offer sheets are out, because we don't have anything significant enough coming off the books, and we're not going to risk the compensation required.

Trading for his rights for not much is probably not going to happen either, because we won't be able to afford the salary he'll demand. Even though he's going to be an RFA, he also has arbitration rights. If Nash is making 7.8, imagine how much Parise will demand having better numbers and playing the same position.

And he's a left wing. Which is the least important, but I've pretty much already nixed any hope that it will happen anyway.

We have a better chance for Spezza or Kaberle.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Sportscentral is slightly better than Eklund. But not much.

He's not available.
Possibly, but I think he will be difficult to re-sign despite this issue, I don't see him giving NJ any kind of discount. NJ's cap issues have been well documented when they played with just 15 players earlier this year.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:56 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
I would have absolutely no problem trading Voracek if Parise's name is in the equation. I'd add just about anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Lol, if there was a way to get Parise away from New Jersey without giving up Nash, I'm all for it.
Agreed 100%.

Old
10-31-2010, 09:10 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Possibly, but I think he will be difficult to re-sign despite this issue, I don't see him giving NJ any kind of discount. NJ's cap issues have been well documented when they played with just 15 players earlier this year.
Langenbrunner and Arnott are both off the books next year...just Arnott's money will be enough to give Parise a raise....they will have zero problem re-signing Parise assuming he wants to stay

And according to some Devils insiders, Parise was asked about it the article written by Sportsnet and he simply laughed and said there is not much to say other than it isn't true...and that he will begin contract talks when the Devils want to, whether it is at season's end or before then

SDig14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 10:01 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Huselius + Brassard + a pick for Parise + Langenbrunner/dump?

Obviously NJ is looking at lowering its cap hit, not adding to it. Also I doubt the validity of the rumors.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 10:15 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 75
Howson won't make a move, he wants to show more patience

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 10:16 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

What this franchise needs is a blockbuster trade.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 10:24 PM
wahsnairb

i am just trying to ignore this whole situation because IF (and it's a ridiculous if) he is actually available, we all know that he would not end up a jacket.. for many reasons.

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 11:49 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

I'd give them Filatov + Umby + 1st for Parise. But this deal only works for the Jackets if the Devils want to get rid of him quickly. Plus it'd be dumb for Howson to offer Brass/Jake if Parise isnt going to sign in Columbus.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 11:59 PM
CBJCougar

I wouldn't trade baby Nik for Parise, even though I adore Zac and think he would look very good in Union Blue. I just feel really good about Filatov. He's gonna grow up to be spectacular.

Why wouldn't anyone want to come here?? We LOVE our sports heros! We worship them! Ask Lebron. Or Pete Rose. Or the Browns who continue to sell out even though they have NEVER been in the playoffs. We have good food, smart women and Homers who are blind to a fault. Come to Columbus...be a big fish in a small pond! Just remember to wear that sweater vest under your Blue Jacket

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:11 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
I wouldn't trade baby Nik for Parise, even though I adore Zac and think he would look very good in Union Blue. I just feel really good about Filatov. He's gonna grow up to be spectacular.
How many times must it be said--a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

I'll take Parise over Filatov. Or Voracek. Or Brassard. And I'll even throw in a pile of magic beans known as the Blue Jackets first round pick in 2011.

And if it came to Nash versus Parise, I'd still take Parise. The guy's been a point a game player on a New Jersey team that quite frankly doesn't have a ton of offensive firepower. He was the heart and soul of the American Olympic squad. Parise is a guy that is worthy of having a "C" on his chest.

This is all pointless anyhow. For starters, I don't believe for a second that Parise is begging to leave NJ. Beyond that, even if he were, Howson would never come up with what Lou would ask for.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

nevermind that he's out for a few weeks with a knee injury i read too...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:14 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
nevermind that he's out for a few weeks with a knee injury i read too...
Again, a red herring. There is no chance this guy is moved for anything short of a blockbuster. Howson lacks the bullets and the intestinal fortitude.

Old
11-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
What knee injury? The guy has had a sprained hand. Nothing more.

Guys with knee injuries aren't miraculously skating days after it occurs.
jackets dispatch site said he's probably sidelined with a knee injury for a couple of weeks...

Quote:
Worse, a team that has had difficulty scoring might be without Zach Parise (knee) for weeks

Old
11-01-2010, 09:17 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
jackets dispatch site said he's probably sidelined with a knee injury for a couple of weeks...
Deleted it when I realized I was looking at the wrong thread. Too early in the morning here...

Old
11-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Deleted it when I realized I was looking at the wrong thread. Too early in the morning here...
no worries...but i think this pretty much means this thread can go away that any glimmer of chance there was this would happen has completely went out the door...

Old
11-01-2010, 09:27 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
no worries...but i think this pretty much means this thread can go away that any glimmer of chance there was this would happen has completely went out the door...
These threads don't die. They go on life support waiting to be revived by an Eklund rumor, trade deadline, the draft, etc.

Old
11-01-2010, 01:20 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
How many times must it be said--a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

I'll take Parise over Filatov. Or Voracek. Or Brassard. And I'll even throw in a pile of magic beans known as the Blue Jackets first round pick in 2011.

And if it came to Nash versus Parise, I'd still take Parise. The guy's been a point a game player on a New Jersey team that quite frankly doesn't have a ton of offensive firepower. He was the heart and soul of the American Olympic squad. Parise is a guy that is worthy of having a "C" on his chest.

This is all pointless anyhow. For starters, I don't believe for a second that Parise is begging to leave NJ. Beyond that, even if he were, Howson would never come up with what Lou would ask for.
Excellent description of Parise. Excellent, oh Capn. I agree with your suggested trade of Jake (gasp! I love him) or Brass (another gasp) too.

And yeah, this is a pointless hypothetical discussion but it distracts us from a sad reality that Howson will never attempt. Maybe we should hire you to run the show?

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:11 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
I'd give them Filatov + Umby + 1st for Parise. But this deal only works for the Jackets if the Devils want to get rid of him quickly. Plus it'd be dumb for Howson to offer Brass/Jake if Parise isnt going to sign in Columbus.
Parise is a RFA after this season, even IF we do trade for him we would have the first and last shot to keep Parise here.

CBJWennberg41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:22 PM
blahblah

Nash or Parise. Not both please. And, yes, I'd rather have Parise.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote