HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Franson

Old
10-30-2010, 10:23 PM
token grinder

vCash: 500
i think cody franson is soft as a marshmellow

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 12:18 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I heard that he doesn't think much of you either!

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 04:00 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
sweeeet

he is what he is, an offensive Dman

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 07:55 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Im sick of all the negative Franson talk. Hes impressed me so much more this year and I thought he was good last year. He has obviously worked on his skating and he uses his size to his advantage on D and players have trouble getting around him and his reach. Also he has been more physical. What can you not like about how he has played this year? 10gp 2g 3a 5pts ATOI-15:59 +3 and only 4 pims. Pretty good to me

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 08:01 PM
goalscorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Im sick of all the negative Franson talk. Hes impressed me so much more this year and I thought he was good last year. He has obviously worked on his skating and he uses his size to his advantage on D and players have trouble getting around him and his reach. Also he has been more physical. What can you not like about how he has played this year? 10gp 2g 3a 5pts ATOI-15:59 +3 and only 4 pims. Pretty good to me
Thank you. I prefer him 10 to 1 over Klein.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 10:30 PM
token grinder

Quote:
get back to me when we have played more than 2 road games and isn't being hidden. he cant skate. he doesn't use his big frame. he has a nice shot and that is about it. and he poke checks. forgot that.

Old
10-31-2010, 10:47 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
get back to me when we have played more than 2 road games and isn't being hidden. he cant skate. he doesn't use his big frame. he has a nice shot and that is about it. and he poke checks. forgot that.
If Franson was that bad of a skater and if he never uses his frame than his numbers would be a lot worse. He had one of the best plus minus on the team last year. And hes off to a good start this year. He may not play 20 mins a night and he might not always be out there against the top line but he is playing in the NHL against NHL players. And he has shown me that by the solid numbers last year and what he has done so far this year. Hes obviously not a Weber or Suter but its only his 2nd season and his young career looks hella good.

Old
10-31-2010, 10:56 PM
token grinder

Quote:
If Franson was that bad of a skater and if he never uses his frame than his numbers would be a lot worse. He had one of the best plus minus on the team last year. And hes off to a good start this year. He may not play 20 mins a night and he might not always be out there against the top line but he is playing in the NHL against NHL players. And he has shown me that by the solid numbers last year and what he has done so far this year. Hes obviously not a Weber or Suter but its only his 2nd season and his young career looks hella good.
watch those turnovers at the end of the first and tell me he is hella good. heck, he coasted down the ice and watched stuart tip in the goal while sulzer and erat hauled butt to try and cover his gaffe. and don't give me the plus minus crap. jeff schultz was a over plus 50 last year. does that make him the best dman in the league?

Old
10-31-2010, 11:20 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
watch those turnovers at the end of the first and tell me he is hella good. heck, he coasted down the ice and watched stuart tip in the goal while sulzer and erat hauled butt to try and cover his gaffe. and don't give me the plus minus crap. jeff schultz was a over plus 50 last year. does that make him the best dman in the league?
Ok so your saying Sulzer doesnt turn it over? On the contrary, he probably averages more turnovers a game than Franson. And every player is going to have a bad game or make bad plays. Everyone is a victim of it, it happens. I dont see Franson make nearly as many bad plays as Klein and Sulzer. And no I didnt say plus minus makes you one of the best players in the league and I dont think Schultz is the best dman in the league. But he is a very good dman defensively while Green isnt and thats probably one reason why he was a better than Green in plus minus.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:43 PM
lightning_legwand*

token grinder,

I just dont get all the hate for a 22 year old defenseman that we have on our team that has a huge upside and potential! Just give him time to develop more!

Playing with SOB is/will definitely boost his physical game. This kid could really pan out into a very valuable defenseman and its not just preds fans that are taking notice.

Why hate on that?? Why??

Old
11-01-2010, 07:33 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
Why hate on that?? Why??

He's not as good as Weber or Suter and we have NO patience as fans.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 07:36 AM
jlsg

It's not hate, it's a realistic view of a guy who has some offensive capability but is a serious liability on the defensive side. He had the lowest TOI of any dman against Detroit so it seems that even the coaching staff isn't very confident of his skillset. As of now I would really have to consider whether Sulzer is a better option then he is. Yes, he has some offensive skills, but he is scary at the defensive end when Trotz can't control the matchups.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 08:17 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I think both Klein and Franson have both looked better this year, I think it bodes well for our future.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:36 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
He's not as good as Weber or Suter and we have NO patience as fans.
Finally we agree on something.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:11 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Ok so your saying Sulzer doesnt turn it over? On the contrary, he probably averages more turnovers a game than Franson. And every player is going to have a bad game or make bad plays. Everyone is a victim of it, it happens. I dont see Franson make nearly as many bad plays as Klein and Sulzer. And no I didnt say plus minus makes you one of the best players in the league and I dont think Schultz is the best dman in the league. But he is a very good dman defensively while Green isnt and thats probably one reason why he was a better than Green in plus minus.
i never said sulzer didn't turn the puck over. all d-men do. (except pronger. he is a defence god) but I think sulzer has a little bit more grit, will actually put a body on someone and move someone off the puck. I think he is a better overall defenceman than franson.

Old
11-01-2010, 04:10 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
token grinder,

I just dont get all the hate for a 22 year old defenseman that we have on our team that has a huge upside and potential! Just give him time to develop more! An opinion that differs from your own can't automatically be chalked up to hate. Token has merely pointed out flaws he sees in Franson's game. Remember, if you have potential it's because you have yet to reach it. I think we all hope he develops into a decent off. defenseman, but the bottom line is the guy is still learning.

Playing with SOB is/will definitely boost his physical game. This kid could really pan out into a very valuable defenseman and its not just preds fans that are taking notice. The flip side to this point is Franson's physical game could become stagnant because of playing with O'Brien. If O'Brien is being the physical presence on the pairing then it could just as easily be assumed that Franson will focus on other aspects of the game that are lacking in SOB. Most notably, offense.

Why hate on that?? Why??
Perhaps I'm just as confused by these types of arguments, but for a completely different reason. I've always wondered how civil debates or arguments such as these can be read as hate. We've gotten accustomed to throwing around that word, and the bottom line is hatred isn't the motivating factor here. It's simply a disagreement on a player's current level of play.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 05:28 PM
token grinder

I appreciate that third man in.

I don't like Franson's game. he has a nice shot. makes a decent outlet pass, but uses his body less than arnott, and as a defenceman, that bugs me. All d-men have to have some element of a physical game, not poke check everything that comes your way. Even the soft euros will use their body to pin guys on the boards. Franson stands there and poke checks all day.

and don't get me started on how slow he is. you can say he is long legged, but so is pronger and chara and weber and anybody else over 6-2. They don't seem to have a problem with it.

and third, he is supposed to be such a weapon on the PP. do i need to go there?

I still think he was outplayed in camp by sulzer and blum. I still think head to head, sulzer is a better fit for the type of hockey the preds play. I think blum should have been called up to replace suter wile he is out. Has anyone else noticed our d-men can't make an outlet pass?

Old
11-02-2010, 08:12 AM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Perhaps I'm just as confused by these types of arguments, but for a completely different reason. I've always wondered how civil debates or arguments such as these can be read as hate. We've gotten accustomed to throwing around that word, and the bottom line is hatred isn't the motivating factor here. It's simply a disagreement on a player's current level of play.
If you are saying some 22 year old young defenseman is terrible at certain aspects of the game and you do not like his play and get nervous when he is out there, in a sense, that is hating on him. I can understand if his game is not all it can be """yet""", but let him be! Give him some time to develop. If we just said this crap about every young player, they would never get chance to develop.

Especially saying things like, "oh Trotz only puts him out against the easiest matchups possibly" is hating on him. I have seen Franson on the ice against very good NHL players before.

Quote:
I appreciate that third man in.

I don't like Franson's game. he has a nice shot. makes a decent outlet pass, but uses his body less than arnott, and as a defenceman, that bugs me. All d-men have to have some element of a physical game, not poke check everything that comes your way. Even the soft euros will use their body to pin guys on the boards. Franson stands there and poke checks all day.

and don't get me started on how slow he is. you can say he is long legged, but so is pronger and chara and weber and anybody else over 6-2. They don't seem to have a problem with it.

and third, he is supposed to be such a weapon on the PP. do i need to go there?

I still think he was outplayed in camp by sulzer and blum. I still think head to head, sulzer is a better fit for the type of hockey the preds play. I think blum should have been called up to replace suter wile he is out. Has anyone else noticed our d-men can't make an outlet pass?
I definitely agree with that statement token, at least we can agree on that one, lol. Blum or Josi for sure should have had the call.

Old
11-02-2010, 08:46 AM
lightning_legwand*

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20.../11020339/2163

Read this please you Franson doubters!

A couple snippets from the article,

"It's a sense that you belong, a sense of trust in your own game," Coach Barry Trotz said. "He has grown up physically, mentally, all those things you need. He is a good defender."

"While Suter's injury has created a whole host of other problems for Nashville, it has at least opened the door for Franson to play more and, in turn, given the coaching staff more confidence in him. With the extra playing time, Franson's own self-confidence has increased as well."

Old
11-02-2010, 11:28 AM
token grinder

you realize you are quoting a paper who thinks pavel datsyuk is a defenseman, thinks the crowd chants we want crosbys and thinks the titans hands are full of cox?

Old
11-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
you realize you are quoting a paper who thinks pavel datsyuk is a defenseman, thinks the crowd chants we want crosbys and thinks the titans hands are full of cox?
It is a direct quote from Trotz....

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:09 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
yeah, and i say things to make people go away all the time too

Old
11-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
yeah, and i say things to make people go away all the time too
All is well. Carry on

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 08:33 PM
hatedandproud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Just like this one regarding Suter's injury:
"not too serious" "he may miss a little bit of time here, but nothing major."

Always upfront, says it like it is...

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:18 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Just because Trotz says it in an interview doesn't mean everyone should agree. I read people's disagreements with Trotz on these boards all of the time. Just sayin'

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote