HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#11 - 11.01.2010 | Chicago Blackhawks @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-01-2010, 05:32 AM
  #26
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,030
vCash: 500
I hope Turco has one of his awful showings. We can use the fatso "Marty" chant against him. LGR!

__________________
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 05:35 AM
  #27
FultonReed
ew, you did what?
 
FultonReed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
I hope Turco has one of his awful showings. We can use the fatso "Marty" chant against him. LGR!
wouldn't be the same but i guess it can be used in this situation.

and mark me down as one who hopes Turco stays being Turco and lets in 5.



...and to back up my "Turco being Turco and letting in 5" statement, every time i see him play, he lets in at least 3. he hasn't had a dynamite season since 2002-03.


Last edited by FultonReed: 11-01-2010 at 05:41 AM.
FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 05:42 AM
  #28
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !
 
n1cON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: here & there
Country: Germany
Posts: 812
vCash: 500
MSG is our house! So beat the Blackhawks!!! 3-1 Win tonight.

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 07:29 AM
  #29
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1cON View Post
MSG is our house! So beat the Blackhawks!!! 3-1 Win tonight.
That usually is not a very good thing for us

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 08:12 AM
  #30
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !
 
n1cON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: here & there
Country: Germany
Posts: 812
vCash: 500
I know But i think optimistic! Time to turn things arround

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 08:43 AM
  #31
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
will be watching this one in class!

LGR

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 08:52 AM
  #32
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Hawks 478 Rangers 3
If we get 3 I'll be happy. lol

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:30 AM
  #33
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?
 
RangerBlue62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,867
vCash: 500
Why must this team play like ******* at home?

Looking forward to the game and them giving the fans something to cheer about!

Oh, and looks like Boyle is done in terms of goal-scoring for the season...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=72656

He's topped out at 4 goals in every NHL season he has played in.

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:31 AM
  #34
terrrrrible
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 591
vCash: 500
Gonna miss this one, but I should be getting the DVR hooked up today, so I'll be putting it to good use. Hopefully it'll be one worth watching. LGR!

I have Turco on my fantasy team, and I'm debating sitting him. Also have Sharp but I'm sure he'll be good for at least one point tonight.

terrrrrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:40 AM
  #35
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Lets GO RANGERS!!!

I'll be there.

6-1 Victory

__________________
"Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!"~H. Rose
BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:43 AM
  #36
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,648
vCash: 500
9-6 Rangers.

Boogie with 3 hat tricks from the pressbox.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:54 AM
  #37
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,882
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
http://twitter.com/NYDNRangers

# Everyone on ice at #NYR practice, same lines as yesterday's game.

# To be specific, #NYR lines are Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan, Avery-Boyle-Fedotenko, Frolov-Christensen-Prust, Boogaard/White-Stepan-Grachev


http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...ation-for.html

Derek Boogaard would have to be seen as the most likely player to don a suit tomorrow night and sit in the press box, as the Blackhawks don’t have a big-time fighter and the Rangers could utilize Todd White’s faceoff skills and back-checking abilities on the third or fourth line and in penalty killing situations.

--------------
Jon Scott is a animal and a fantastic fighter.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:58 AM
  #38
Chado613
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
The Hawks have not played good hockey....and if Hank is hot they will not stand a chance. As long as Boyle took his dangle-itus pills this morning!!

Chado613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:07 AM
  #39
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple McIlwraath View Post
Why must this team play like ******* at home?

Looking forward to the game and them giving the fans something to cheer about!

Oh, and looks like Boyle is done in terms of goal-scoring for the season...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=72656

He's topped out at 4 goals in every NHL season he has played in.
You do realize in 2 of those 3 "seasons" he played 8 and 28 games?

Last season was basically his rookie season.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:11 AM
  #40
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Jon Scott is a animal and a fantastic fighter.
Boogy > White

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:23 AM
  #41
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
9-6 Rangers.

Boogie with 3 hat tricks from the pressbox.
Your signature is amazing.

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:24 AM
  #42
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
A 24 year old rookie.

Boyle has been playing well, but lets not turn this into something its not.

He should be a good 4th liner for us when we get all our tools back. No more than that.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:29 AM
  #43
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
A 24 year old rookie.

Boyle has been playing well, but lets not turn this into something its not.

He should be a good 4th liner for us when we get all our tools back. No more than that.
Some guys do take longer to develop it happens. Im not saying this guy is the next coming of messier or that he will even top out as a 2nd line center. I do, however think he has a good chance to be a good 3rd line, two-way center in the future. He's not old and the management has been high on him for a reason.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:32 AM
  #44
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
Some guys do take longer to develop it happens. Im not saying this guy is the next coming of messier or that he will even top out as a 2nd line center. I do, however think he has a good chance to be a good 3rd line, two-way center in the future. He's not old and the management has been high on him for a reason.
That would be nice. But honestly, with better potential 3rd line centers in the system like Yogan, Horak, ect, I have a hard time believing he might occupy that role for long, especially considering it will only be open after Drury's contract expires 2 years from now, when Boyle will be 26.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:39 AM
  #45
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
That would be nice. But honestly, with better potential 3rd line centers in the system like Yogan, Horak, ect, I have a hard time believing he might occupy that role for long, especially considering it will only be open after Drury's contract expires 2 years from now, when Boyle will be 26.
We have no idea if Yogan, Horak, etc. will even develop into NHL'rs at this point. I realize we have had an influx of youth in the past few years but there is no guarentee that we are going to continue to produce to players at this rate. Dont get me wrong, I'm all for it and hope for each of them to be great. I just have always been pretty high on Boyle since he came over (i know that puts me in the minority) but he has been highly touted by Torts and co. and honestly has shown impressive strides this season in nearly all aspects of his game.

It's very much a wait and see game with this whole situation anyways.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:44 AM
  #46
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
We have no idea if Yogan, Horak, etc. will even develop into NHL'rs at this point. I realize we have had an influx of youth in the past few years but there is no guarentee that we are going to continue to produce to players at this rate. Dont get me wrong, I'm all for it and hope for each of them to be great. I just have always been pretty high on Boyle since he came over (i know that puts me in the minority) but he has been highly touted by Torts and co. and honestly has shown impressive strides this season in nearly all aspects of his game.

It's very much a wait and see game with this whole situation anyways.
I agree with your assessment of Boyle. I said the day the Rangers traded for him that he would be their 3rd line center by the end of last season. Obviously he had an injury but he was beginning to play a lot better by the end of last season.

This season he has looked like a man possessed and if he can continue to play this way and chip in 15 goals and 15 assists I would love for Sather to lock him up for 3 years at about a million dollars a year and let him continue to grow into a great 3rd line center who provides size, a physical presence, leadership and great PK abilities.

His teammates love him and he is a valuable piece. If he keeps playing the way he has the Rangers will have won that trade by quite a bit.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:44 AM
  #47
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,439
vCash: 500
Should be a good test. I'm really worried about the speed in Chicago's lineup. Their transition game is stellar, and if our defense can't get their feet moving tonight, Hank is going to be handing out a lot of his patented stare-downs.

Hope to see some of Grachev tonight. Missed the last 2 games unfortunately.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:46 AM
  #48
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Should be a good test. I'm really worried about the speed in Chicago's lineup. Their transition game is stellar, and if our defense can't get their feet moving tonight, Hank is going to be handing out a lot of his patented stare-downs.

Hope to see some of Grachev tonight. Missed the last 2 games unfortunately.
No Campbell(hopefully) should help slow down their transition game.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:01 AM
  #49
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,093
vCash: 500
this aint gonna be pretty folks. we plain suk at home.

even without hossa and soup, this chi team is still very dangerous.

Troy Brouwer - Jonathan Toews (C) - Patrick Kane
Viktor Stalberg - Patrick Sharp (A) - Tomas Kopecky

Duncan Keith (A) - Brent Seabrook
Niklas Hjalmarsson - Jassen Cullimore

thats a very solid top 6 right there and that top 4 is pretty good too. we will struggle to contain this team. very fast team that attacks in waves.

this will be a 5-4 type game. since were at home, ill give the hawks the win.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:10 AM
  #50
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,734
vCash: 500
I don't know why but I'm expecting a good showing from our boys tonight.

LETS GO RANGERS

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.