HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Police report

Old
11-01-2010, 08:20 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Police report

I won't get into details but long story short, there has been two occurances of vandalism(on 3 new-newish cars) within 3-4 month span(the second was this morning). They occured in front of my house. We didn't file a report the first time, thinking it was a random event but now it's pretty clear someone's targeting us. My question is, now when we file a police report, will they investigate and treat it as a repeat offense or will they treat it like a single event? I'm 99.999999% sure it's not a halloween thing either, so no point in mentioning it.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
When the police will investigate, they will take into account everything you have reported to them. Now, if the culprit is arrested and brought before court, there's almost no chance he gets charged for the first 2 occurrences as there will be little evidence that the prosecution can bring forward in these cases since there is no police report.

EDIT: I should specify that this is off the top of my head. I'm a Bar student, but have had very little interaction with the police (2 reports filed).

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:24 AM

They won't do ****. When my dad's car got stolen he called the police but they were useless. He found the car himself the next day parked somewhere in the neighborhood and called the police again thinking that they will wait that the thief gets back in the car to arrest him but they just told him to get his car and go home.

They can wait for hours hidden behind a bush or something to catch someone speeding though. $$$$$

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:40 AM
coolasprICE

file a report but nothing useful will turn out of it... the other incidences will not be considered unless the damage still exist.

If you use your insurance to declare the damages they might look at the police report...

if you still have damages from past vandalism you can claim that you incurred all of the damages last night (and a great way to fix up your little dingers / body issues if you know a body shop who'll throw it all in).... but since you're a mod now I doubt you would lie to the cops and insurance company.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:51 AM
LyricalLyricist

I wish I knew who it is. I want to strangle the guy. It's not fun when my brother buys his first car and gets it 5 days ago(yes, 5 ****ing days) and he wakes up ready to go to school and not only did someone destroy the driver side window(and surroundings), they also took a huge piece of glass(from the window) and placed it on our doorstep...as if to say FU. When you see that, coupled with the fact my car got targetted a few months ago, it makes you want you sick to your stomach. It's discouraging to know that not much will be done, I didn't think there would be much, just sucks to have that confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
.... but since you're a mod now I doubt you would lie to the cops and insurance company.
Mod or no mod, I wanna do a lot worse than lying to my insurance company lol

Old
11-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
In your police report, I would stress out the fact that this is deliberate, and maybe drop that you fear for your safety. That's bound to make them work harder.

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

What neighborhood do you live in?

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:43 AM
neofury*

My office is located inside an adult ed building. Basically we bought our office in a completely open building and then a school came in and bought the entire building. As you can probably imagine this is a nightmare for the people who work at my office because there's very little parking and we're the ones who have the nicest cars in the lot. Not trying to be cocky, everyone knows I drive a civic, my dad drives an accord v6, so anyone whose read the car thread knows I'm not trying to say I'm some baller driving an escalade. But the quality of... human being that goes to this school is questionable to say the least. There are many reasons I say this, not to generalize on all the students because some are nice, but it's a school for people who are basically socially inept. It teaches people who can't even get a minimum wage job how to get one. It's actually considered a CEGEP in reality but it's really more of a post secondary for the socially inept kind of school. (Immigrants who only speak French but who don't understand what socially acceptable behavior is in Canada essentially)

It isn't even funny though how bad it is. My cars been keyed twice and I've never once been rude to anyone or anything. Always hold the door for people and none of them even say thank you. I don't have high expectations I really don't, not like I'm saying "your welcome *********" when the person doesn't say anything. Never had any confrontational situations with anyone there really and my car gets keyed twice.

My secretary has had her car scratched up a bit too and stupid little punks leaning against her Venza. It's really pretty damn rude if you ask me. Anyways there have been an occasion or two where we've had to ask them to get away from our cars, always polite when we have though and those times all happened AFTER our cars had been ****ed with never before, or else I really wouldn't care enough to even check.

We also only have 5 parking spots, but with only 4 employees ever here at a time (we have road technicians, my boss is always at client locations, the three secretaries all work different shifts, morning, midday, afternoon/evening and only 2 of their shifts overlap)

So we have usually only 2-3 spots in use at a time, 4 at most though. We need that fifth for if a client or somebody we do business with comes by, or else they'd have no where to park.

There are big signs that say clear as day that these 5 spots are reserved. Not only are they obvious but they're in the same section the teachers parking spots are in, in fact they're in the most convenient section of the teacher parking. The school administration has really be awesome in making it as easy a transition as possible being in their building, so I don't blame them. But the students are borderline retarded socially. They don't understand simple things like common sense.

Example people park in our spots all the time, even when they've been coming to this school a long time, their excuse usually is "sorry couldn't find any other parking". Personally I couldn't give a **** if you had to park 10 miles down the road, it's not really my problem, but obviously I'm polite about it anyways because really I don't need to give them a reason to **** my car up even more.

We eventually had to start blocking them in though because really these people don't learn. I remember one time my boss gets in, all the spots are taken. There's some guy in the passenger seat studying and he just doesn't get it, you're in our parking spot GTFO. Keys in the ignition so obviously my boss told the guy get out of my spot. He says it isn't his car so he told him get the person, the person is in class. Well use your head you're in another persons parking spot and there's a sign at eye level that says it is.

Another time I come in and my spot is taken. I'm the one here for the largest portion of the day 8 hours. Whenever this happens now my company asks me to go park them in. This happens maybe once a month now, I have to go park some retard in because they're too stupid to read a sign either that or they just don't care. You wouldn't believe the kind of socially inept retards we have coming to this place, you really honestly wouldn't believe it. The kinds of things we all learn as a child these people don't learn. Please... thank you... common sense stuff like if you're blocking an entrance and somebody is walking towards you, to get out of their way. People not holding doors for other people but then not saying thank you when doors are held for them. Don't get me wrong I don't expect you to be like "THANK YOU SO MUCH! GOD YOU MADE MY DAY!" but at least be curtious enough to acknowledge their existence.

Funniest thing is they always smoke by the entrance too, I get it, it's an adult ed filled with people who couldn't even finish high school in our country if they tried, we aren't talking about a high class of people. They're people who have been for the most part rejected from society already. I remember the other day two girls were in the parking lot smoking, these are two of the more normal looking females I've seen around the school. This one guy whose like twice their age was practically eye ****** them. I was going to head inside and the guy gets to the door before I do, instead of going in stops, eye ***** them the entire time, after a few seconds I realize what he's doing and I just go in myself. I'm standing at the elevator and by the time it comes down and I get in the guy is still eye ****** them.

We're talking two normal every day girls, I mean for that school they might be two of the hottest but they're really you're typical average girl, nothing to write home about. The guy was staring like it was a strip tease or something. Back to the point about the smoking though, these kids they smoke all around the entrances, on every corner, anyways I'm inhaling their disgusting second hand smoke all the time, don't get me wrong it's not that big a deal to me, but the funny part is coming up. I have a stock audio system, I pull in to my spot and they're smoking there like usual. I'm playing it the loudest it goes but with the windows closed. These slackers are outside smoking and have the audacity before the song is even over to tell me to turn it down. Fyi I'm right next door to the biggest cop hang out in the west island. In the mornings they all go to this one breakfast place and are literally parked mere feet from me. I haven't once had a complaint from the cops or the staff of the school about listening to music loud in the parking lot and I do it nearly every day when I get to work a bit early, listen to one or two songs. We're talking at the very most 10 minutes. One of the chain smokers knocks on my window and asks me to turn it down. Don't get me wrong she wasn't rude about it, it's just funny though. The audacity some people have that they complain about my max 3 minutes of noise "pollution" when they're arguably killing me with their smoke pollution. I mean really if it were me when I was a smoker I'd shut the **** up or go to the side of the building where I'm not blaring music. Windows were all closed and its a stock sound system. We aren't talking about 2x12" Alpine Subs + 1000W 4 channel Alpine amp with 4 pioneer speakers and ****... jeeze. I just found it was in really poor taste, the chain smokers who butch their rigs out on the ground and who smoke up a storm complaining about me finishing a song at max volume in a car with an average everyday stock audio system.

In short: File a report, they're ****ing tools and you should probably even setup a camera. My dad did at his condo complex cause some ****ing wad kept putting his trash out 30 minutes after trash came, then it sits there in their perfect little condo community for a week cause the dumbass can't get off his ass 30 minutes earlier when the trash truck comes. Some people are just such ****ing retards it really isn't even funny. They supposedly have an IQ of around 100 but with how little they care about anyone but themselves it's a wonder they even get anywhere in life. They had one tenant at some point who would leave their trash on the balcony of the person who lives below them

Last edited by neofury*: 11-01-2010 at 10:53 AM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I wish I knew who it is. I want to strangle the guy. It's not fun when my brother buys his first car and gets it 5 days ago(yes, 5 ****ing days) and he wakes up ready to go to school and not only did someone destroy the driver side window(and surroundings), they also took a huge piece of glass(from the window) and placed it on our doorstep...as if to say FU. When you see that, coupled with the fact my car got targetted a few months ago, it makes you want you sick to your stomach. It's discouraging to know that not much will be done, I didn't think there would be much, just sucks to have that confirmed.

Mod or no mod, I wanna do a lot worse than lying to my insurance company lol
That's frustrating, man. Not exactly the same thing, but my parents' cottage in NB has been getting broken into by local teens in recent months while they're not there. Just about everyone else's place in the area has been nailed at least once, if not multiple times. People have seen the trash in the area that does this -- these little teenage holes of **** that ride around in those mini Suzuki 'Jeep'-like cars, with no shirts on drinking Rock Star.

Cops in the hole of a town nearby told them to their face there's nothing they can do. Serious? I haven't studied five minutes of law enforcement, but I can think of a dozen strategies for getting these kids tangled up.

They weren't even interested in filling the report of what was taken, probably 'cause it takes several minutes that he could use to clean the cheese that his Big Mac squirted on his shirt.

Most stuff was just 'stuff', but some other things were family heirloom type things (e.g. my mom's grandfather's fishing rod).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
In your police report, I would stress out the fact that this is deliberate, and maybe drop that you fear for your safety. That's bound to make them work harder.
Or link them to a terror plot. Lol -- I've been watching too much of the Wire lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
We eventually had to start blocking them in though because really these people don't learn. I remember one time my boss gets in, all the spots are taken. There's some guy in the passenger seat studying and he just doesn't get it, you're in our parking spot GTFO. Keys in the ignition so obviously my boss told the guy get out of my spot. He says it isn't his car so he told him get the person, the person is in class. Well use your head you're in another persons parking spot and there's a sign at eye level that says it is.

Another time I come in and my spot is taken. I'm the one here for the largest portion of the day 8 hours. Whenever this happens now my company asks me to go park them in. This happens maybe once a month now, I have to go park some retard in because they're too stupid to read a sign either that or they just don't care. You wouldn't believe the kind of socially inept retards we have coming to this place, you really honestly wouldn't believe it. The kinds of things we all learn as a child these people don't learn. Please... thank you... common sense stuff like if you're blocking an entrance and somebody is walking towards you, to get out of their way. People not holding doors for other people but then not saying thank you when doors are held for them. Don't get me wrong I don't expect you to be like "THANK YOU SO MUCH! GOD YOU MADE MY DAY!" but at least be curtious enough to acknowledge their existence.

Funniest thing is they always smoke by the entrance too, I get it, it's an adult ed filled with people who couldn't even finish high school in our country if they tried, we aren't talking about a high class of people. They're people who have been for the most part rejected from society already. I remember the other day two girls were in the parking lot smoking, these are two of the more normal looking females I've seen around the school. This one guy whose like twice their age was practically eye ****** them. I was going to head inside and the guy gets to the door before I do, instead of going in stops, eye ***** them the entire time, after a few seconds I realize what he's doing and I just go in myself. I'm standing at the elevator and by the time it comes down and I get in the guy is still eye ****** them.
Terror plot.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:27 AM
coolasprICE

neo, i could be wrong so you have to verify this, but if you can register a gun for lets say hunting purposes, these social inept species you refer to in your post are absolutely free game so long as you are hunting them for non-commercial purposes.

and nothing is more annoying then neighbours who bring out their trash either too early or too late.. my neighbour apparently has a thinkg for rodents because she puts her garbage out days in advance, and the animals always get to it... I'm tempted to get to her garbage earlier and give her car and front door a nice shower of her own crap....

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:36 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
neo, i could be wrong so you have to verify this, but if you can register a gun for lets say hunting purposes, these social inept species you refer to in your post are absolutely free game so long as you are hunting them for non-commercial purposes.

and nothing is more annoying then neighbours who bring out their trash either too early or too late.. my neighbour apparently has a thinkg for rodents because she puts her garbage out days in advance, and the animals always get to it... I'm tempted to get to her garbage earlier and give her car and front door a nice shower of her own crap....
Nothing pisses me off more than inconsiderate people. It's really a shame that usually these people are too retarded to realize this stuff for themselves and it takes going as far as sinking to their level for them to realize how stupid they are.

It seems empathy is the only remotely intelligent feeling that gets through to people like this. Once you put them in your shoes all of the sudden they aren't so ****ing stupid.

My dad plans to pick the guys trash up and dump it all upside down in front of his front door. Dumb people deserve to be treated with passive aggressiveness. I hate passive aggressive people but damn it seems people lacking common sense or who are passive aggressive only ever learn a thing or two when they're treated to the same stupidity they treat everyone else with all the time.

It's really sad that so many people lack common sense, courtesy, politeness, etc but then expect to be shown that very same respect they don't show others.

Funny part is most of the time they don't even expect it, they're too stupid to even realize they're being disrespectful in the first place let alone want respect from anyone else because they wouldn't know what respect is if water was respect and they were on a 45 day cruise around the world.

Old
11-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Go Habs Go

I have experience with dealing with cops about these sort of things and the short answer is..they can't do much and won't do much. You're going to have to do it yourself and once you have some sort of lead like a video of the culprit or something that might show his face, then the cops "might" do something.

I would tell them that your life feels threaten and that you fear for the safety of your family because its true. Without that, they won't even care and just assume that kids are fooling around, no matter what you tell them. And its true, today they smash your car, tomorrow they might smash your windows...

I've had a family member get shot at while he was at home. They shattered the back window and it was clear to us that they were aiming at his wife. Cops came, looked around and went home. There were many things that they could've done like look at the angle of the impact, go talk to the houses where it could have came from...ask neighbours to see if they've seen anything...they did none of that. We had a better idea of who it was then the cops themselves. Sometimes I get the feeling that they will downplay everything until something serious happens because they don't want to waste their ressources and actually work, investigate properly and think. To them, until someone gets killed, its not serious enough to waste their time. Unfortunately, its us that has to pay before they lift a finger. If the answer isn't in front of them, they will leave and do nothing.

Last edited by Go Habs Go: 11-01-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Sometimes, you just have to take matters into your own hands. Video Camera buddy. Try to install a camera that covers your cars. Maybe the guy will come with his face covered but you will have an idea of whether it's one guy, or girl, or group, or wtv...you never know what could come from this video but I guarantee it'll be more helpful than the cops.

Cops in Mtl aren't really helpful when it comes to smaller crimes or cases. Someone crashed right into my car once, the traffic lights were replaced by blinking red lights because there was an incident and there was a cop standing right at the intersection directing traffic. He signaled towards my side to go, and then some idiot burnt the lights and completely crashed into me. It was an old man, so I kept my cool but then he went on a fit saying I was wrong. Thankfully the cop was there and told him he was completely wrong. When I asked the cop if he would serve as a witness for my insurance claim, he refused.

I know a few cops myself, off duty, I'm sure plenty of them are real nice. On duty, they're lazy.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:20 PM
neofury*

Truth is nobody who gives a rats ass about you becomes a traffic cop, but that's what.... what 90% of the cops actually are? I'm not saying they woke up one day and said I want to be a traffic cop, but truth is that's what they're being hired for. To earn some bucks for the government and supply jobs. In reality they aren't really there to help you until its too late.

Old
11-01-2010, 12:30 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Sometimes, you just have to take matters into your own hands. Video Camera buddy. Try to install a camera that covers your cars. Maybe the guy will come with his face covered but you will have an idea of whether it's one guy, or girl, or group, or wtv...you never know what could come from this video but I guarantee it'll be more helpful than the cops.

Cops in Mtl aren't really helpful when it comes to smaller crimes or cases. Someone crashed right into my car once, the traffic lights were replaced by blinking red lights because there was an incident and there was a cop standing right at the intersection directing traffic. He signaled towards my side to go, and then some idiot burnt the lights and completely crashed into me. It was an old man, so I kept my cool but then he went on a fit saying I was wrong. Thankfully the cop was there and told him he was completely wrong. When I asked the cop if he would serve as a witness for my insurance claim, he refused.

I know a few cops myself, off duty, I'm sure plenty of them are real nice. On duty, they're lazy.
I think we can say this for all Quebecers, including myself, so relax people. I find that when I'm at work, I would rather be anywhere else then on the phone collecting people and their visa/line of credits/loans... Im studying engineering, so heres hoping that when I find a job in my field I won't dread going to work. But like I said, we see it in the blue collar workers, who havea union for no good reason anymore, other then to take advantage of the tax payers. Pretty much from what Ive seen working in a bank that if you dont call back and bug people, they have tendencies to forget that you want them to update/change, whatever on your account.

Quebec is lazy, but I cant compare to anywhere else as this is pretty much all ive seen.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Patrice Brisebois

Quote:
I won't get into details but long story short, there has been two occurances of vandalism(on 3 new-newish cars) within 3-4 month span(the second was this morning). They occured in front of my house. We didn't file a report the first time, thinking it was a random event but now it's pretty clear someone's targeting us. My question is, now when we file a police report, will they investigate and treat it as a repeat offense or will they treat it like a single event? I'm 99.999999% sure it's not a halloween thing either, so no point in mentioning it.
R.D.P

I would suggest as others have mentioned and set up some personal surveillance. I know if I was in that situation, I would wait by the window all night with a baseball bat then go hammer time on anyone that stepped in my driveway.

Becoming familiar with R.D.P and it's mentality over the past couple years, I think its possible that the culprit(s) are people that you and your family know. Then again they could be the random jealous kids that spend their nights showing off their cheap Civics in the Loblaws parking lot.

Patrice Brisebois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Ollie Williams

You guys would be surprised as to how well the cops do their jobs here compared to where my parents are from. My parents are from Greece and I've been there quite often. Cops on duty there are not only lazy, but if the vandalism were to occur in front of them while they were on patrol, they still would be too lazy to do anything about it.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I think we can say this for all Quebecers, including myself, so relax people. I find that when I'm at work, I would rather be anywhere else then on the phone collecting people and their visa/line of credits/loans... Im studying engineering, so heres hoping that when I find a job in my field I won't dread going to work. But like I said, we see it in the blue collar workers, who havea union for no good reason anymore, other then to take advantage of the tax payers. Pretty much from what Ive seen working in a bank that if you dont call back and bug people, they have tendencies to forget that you want them to update/change, whatever on your account.

Quebec is lazy, but I cant compare to anywhere else as this is pretty much all ive seen.
We're not talking about a little student job here. I'm not going to go into some humanitarian work and then refuse to help someone.
Don't become a cop if you don't intend on helping the population.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:05 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post

Problem is the government jobs more-so then the typical union jobs, all though those aren't very good either.

Problem is when you don't have a union you get the opposite extremes. There needs to be some kind of middle ground, either that or unions in general need to be re-worked so that they don't get the kind of power they do get.

I know plenty of blue collar workers who aren't lazy though, it seems mostly in government jobs where you see people taking big advantage. I guess the problem is after your boss there's no real "boss" other then the government as an entity. Most of the time I'm guessing the high up people are either lazy themselves or just don't give a crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice Brisebois View Post
R.D.P

I would suggest as others have mentioned and set up some personal surveillance. I know if I was in that situation, I would wait by the window all night with a baseball bat then go hammer time on anyone that stepped in my driveway.

Becoming familiar with R.D.P and it's mentality over the past couple years, I think its possible that the culprit(s) are people that you and your family know. Then again they could be the random jealous kids that spend their nights showing off their cheap Civics in the Loblaws parking lot.
Aww come on don't take your anger out on the most popular car in Canada

I bet my civic isn't nearly as cheap as a lot of other peoples cars and frankly the words "honda" and "cheap" really shouldn't be said in the same sentence. They're among the most expensive in their class time and time again and if you're trying to imply they're cheaply made, think again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
We're not talking about a little student job here. I'm not going to go into some humanitarian work and then refuse to help someone.
Don't become a cop if you don't intend on helping the population.
I'm sure a lot of them do intend to do good when they train hard and get the education to become a cop. Problem is the system ruins people. Truth is they're only hiring most of these cops to tax us by regulating our pace on the street

In reality more people get killed/injured from many other things like gang related violence, drunk driving, etc then speeding specifically, and yet that's what they're hiring most cops to do, give people speeding tickets. When was the last time you heard of a person actually getting a ticket for doing something stupid on the road, like say not checking their blindspot and nearly running somebody off the road, an accident that would have happened had the other driver not been responsible. I see it all the time even when cops are around but they don't do anything, they're more concerned with people doing 65 in a 50 zone, something which arguably wouldn't be a problem if they raised the speed limit in the first place.

Truth is they probably want to do good, most of them really probably do but after years of being grinded into the ground with pointless and stupid work, they stop caring. I'm sure they didn't go to school for three years and train to stand around giving parking tickets, but that's essentially what they do. Then we expect them even 10% of them to be able to help us in a situation we need help in when 90% of them were never hired in the first place to do that

The government would be in an awful lot of financial trouble if they weren't making quotas and writing tickets.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 11-01-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old
11-01-2010, 02:18 PM
jcbio11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
They won't do ****. When my dad's car got stolen he called the police but they were useless. He found the car himself the next day parked somewhere in the neighborhood and called the police again thinking that they will wait that the thief gets back in the car to arrest him but they just told him to get his car and go home.

They can wait for hours hidden behind a bush or something to catch someone speeding though. $$$$$
That's so strange how cultures are so different, yet police is the same everywhere.

jcbio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:27 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
What neighborhood do you live in?
RDP. I actually live in a circle street that has joins up so entrance is same as exit. Very quiet.

Quote:
In short: File a report, they're ****ing tools and you should probably even setup a camera. My dad did at his condo complex cause some ****ing wad kept putting his trash out 30 minutes after trash came, then it sits there in their perfect little condo community for a week cause the dumbass can't get off his ass 30 minutes earlier when the trash truck comes. Some people are just such ****ing retards it really isn't even funny. They supposedly have an IQ of around 100 but with how little they care about anyone but themselves it's a wonder they even get anywhere in life. They had one tenant at some point who would leave their trash on the balcony of the person who lives below them
I didn't quote entire post(cuz its huge lol) but you can't generalize. I went to adult ed, i passed HS but they wouldn't let me take Math 436 in sec 4 even though i did it in sec 3 and got like 55. Morons. As for the rest, yah people are inconsiderate. It annoys me as well, perhaps not enough to write much about it, but yah, there's times im driving and some kids are spread along a parking lot lane, and im like patiently waiting for these 5-6 kids to move cuz u know, i wanna get the **** out, but no, they ignore my existence. Not same thing, but just common knowledge, car coming? move out of the way.

I think i will file a report and convince family to get camera. This is crazy now. I want to emphasize we have no enemies. We don't bother anyone either so it's not like we deserved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
That's frustrating, man. Not exactly the same thing, but my parents' cottage in NB has been getting broken into by local teens in recent months while they're not there. Just about everyone else's place in the area has been nailed at least once, if not multiple times. People have seen the trash in the area that does this -- these little teenage holes of sh#t that ride around in those mini Suzuki 'Jeep'-like cars, with no shirts on drinking Rock Star.

Cops in the hole of a town nearby told them to their face there's nothing they can do. Serious? I haven't studied five minutes of law enforcement, but I can think of a dozen strategies for getting these kids tangled up.

They weren't even interested in filling the report of what was taken, probably 'cause it takes several minutes that he could use to clean the cheese that his Big Mac squirted on his shirt.

Most stuff was just 'stuff', but some other things were family heirloom type things (e.g. my mom's grandfather's fishing rod).
Kids having fun, but at whose expense? I understand some ppl chill in a park and may be disruptive and make a mess, but to break into someone's home for fun? Pathetic. Put a barbed wire around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
I have experience with dealing with cops about these sort of things and the short answer is..they can't do much and won't do much. You're going to have to do it yourself and once you have some sort of lead like a video of the culprit or something that might show his face, then the cops "might" do something.

I would tell them that your life feels threaten and that you fear for the safety of your family because its true. Without that, they won't even care and just assume that kids are fooling around, no matter what you tell them. And its true, today they smash your car, tomorrow they might smash your windows...

I've had a family member get shot at while he was at home. They shattered the back window and it was clear to us that they were aiming at his wife. Cops came, looked around and went home. There were many things that they could've done like look at the angle of the impact, go talk to the houses where it could have came from...ask neighbours to see if they've seen anything...they did none of that. We had a better idea of who it was then the cops themselves. Sometimes I get the feeling that they will downplay everything until something serious happens because they don't want to waste their ressources and actually work, investigate properly and think. To them, until someone gets killed, its not serious enough to waste their time. Unfortunately, its us that has to pay before they lift a finger. If the answer isn't in front of them, they will leave and do nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
I think i'll have to take both your advice and make it seem worse. Granted, I do have my concerns, I don't fear for my life. I think the culprit is just trying to send a message rather than hurt us.

Quote:
Aww come on don't take your anger out on the most popular car in Canada

I bet my civic isn't nearly as cheap as a lot of other peoples cars and frankly the words "honda" and "cheap" really shouldn't be said in the same sentence. They're among the most expensive in their class time and time again and if you're trying to imply they're cheaply made, think again.
In my area, RDP, which PB knows about. There's many kids with old civics and Jettas. He wasn't insulting the car, it's more of a thing here where ppl think a civic's hp is equal to it's year. It's sad, they think it's a ferrari or something.

Old
11-01-2010, 02:54 PM
optimus2861

Quote:
At which time the cops will come around, arrest you for assaulting the punks, maybe arrest the punks in the process, and even if they did the prosecutor would just cut a deal with the punks to lighten their sentences in exchange for them testifying against you.

Canada's justice system is anything but.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 03:02 PM
neofury*

LL: I went to adult ed too, and I'm generalizing because for the most part it's true. Just because you and I are decently level-headed doesn't mean the people who go here are. I know some of them are don't get me wrong, but the generalization imo is fair being that it's based on this particular school and that it's a school designed for people who are socially challenged. This is the words of teachers not even my own. It's for people that couldn't get jobs because they don't know how to act in a social setting. They fail their interviews, get fired in a week for acting weird, etc.

It's mainly a school for immigrants who are new to the country and Canadian culture, like maybe 5% of the students are actually Quebec/Canada born and those 5% are all in some of the few courses they have that are more trades then anything. (I believe it's early childhood care)

I'm a terrible student, if you felt I was acting on a high horse about my education or something I truly do apologize. I went to adult ed for 436 and 536, so I'm not saying all Adult Ed kids/people are borderline retarded. The adult ed I went to was actually people who were perfectly okay socially but 90% of them were just bad in school like me. This isn't the same kind of adult ed though. It's more of a cegep/post secondary for people who haven't been able to find jobs with their degree from another country or due to their social behaviors.

Old
11-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Patrice Brisebois

Quote:

In my area, RDP, which PB knows about. There's many kids with old civics and Jettas. He wasn't insulting the car, it's more of a thing here where ppl think a civic's hp is equal to it's year. It's sad, they think it's a ferrari or something.
Exactly. I have no doubt that the Civic is a reliable car Neo, but it is what it is. A civic. A regular average person car. Not a ferrari or Lamborghini. I can't stand when kids put a few new flashy parts and a beer can muffler on their cars and think that it makes their car awesome, when in the end, its still a Honda Civic (almost always an older model too), not a Ferrari.

When these kids realize that someone in their neighborhood is actually driving a nice car, they get jealous.

Patrice Brisebois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 04:39 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Exactly. I have no doubt that the Civic is a reliable car Neo, but it is what it is. A civic. A regular average person car. Not a ferrari or Lamborghini. I can't stand when kids put a few new flashy parts and a beer can muffler on their cars and think that it makes their car awesome, when in the end, its still a Honda Civic (almost always an older model too), not a Ferrari.

When these kids realize that someone in their neighborhood is actually driving a nice car, they get jealous.
To be honest I don't do any after market upgrades to my civic. It is the Si and it is a newer one but honestly sound system is what I care most about. I haven't put one of those in my ride yet either

But honestly I can't stand when little losers like that do go around giving Honda a bad name. Not because I give a crap about it for Honda but because of them people look at people like me and group us into the same boat.

However I do know that with maybe 5-10 grand under the hood in a civic you can basically smoke a Ferrari. Maybe an nzo is a bit much, not like I'm saying it can smoke the higher end ones but it can make a joke out of many Porches, several other types of high end car. Problem is these little punks put an Alpine sticker, spend 5000$ in the stereo system but they don't put anything under the hood.

You see kids in CRX's that look baller and you ask what's under the hood, nothing. Kid doesn't even know what a K20 is but he's dropped 10000$ into the body/look of the car. It's pretty sad imo. I mean some people might argue look is all that matters. To me condition matters and the look of the model you buy. What's under the hood is always worth putting money into over some stupid spoiler which in my opinion half the time it doesn't even look like somebody who knew what they were doing installed that body kit, spoiler etc.

I understand exactly what you mean cause I have some friends who live in a Boston suburb and they would never own a civic. Why? Because just by owning one they'd look like the many idiots in their area who make their civics into cop magnets. I got the four door model by the way, to attract less attention for one but for two it's more practical.

Only time it's more practical to go coupe really is when you're rich and it's your summer ride/2nd/3rd car. Personally I can live without look if power is in its place. It's funny my civic is stock and I could probably smoke all those little kiddies you guys are referring to with their old school 140hp civics that have an intake....