HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Nick Bonino Recalled

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-31-2010, 10:30 AM
  #1
parrosfan16
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 735
vCash: 505
Nick Bonino Recalled

http://twitter.com/#!/PSCrunchHockey/status/29285336192


Quote:
Crunch center Nick Bonino en route to Anaheim. No offical callup yet, but news could come soon.

parrosfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 12:22 PM
  #2
GreatBear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
At the very least, both Green goes down and Beleskey is kept on injured reserve. However, there needs to be more to this move than simply subsituting Bonino sitting for Green sitting. Such a move where Bonino becomes the extra forward would make no sense, since the Ducks would normally want Bonino to be getting as much playing time as possible, even if he is playing in Syracuse. So, it is possible that someone else is being sent down to Syracuse. From my perspective, you could take your pick from at least four of the bottom forwards.

GreatBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 12:27 PM
  #3
parrosfan16
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 735
vCash: 505
I'm thinking either Bodie is going down or maybe a reshuffling of the 2nd and third line centers. I could see Koivu as a 3rd line center. Maybe??

parrosfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 12:28 PM
  #4
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,032
vCash: 500
Here's guessing Chipchurra has a concussion and will be out a while so they needed a center....

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 12:30 PM
  #5
Wayfarer
Registered User
 
Wayfarer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Here's guessing Chipchurra has a concussion and will be out a while so they needed a center....
I'm also pretty sure this is the reason.

Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 12:49 PM
  #6
Force951
Registered User
 
Force951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 2,219
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Here's guessing Chipchurra has a concussion and will be out a while so they needed a center....
We have 4 with Getz, Koivu, Marchant, and Carter, also if it was just to replace Chipchura Macenaur would be a better fit. I think this signifies that they want to try 3 scoring lines again. Assuming Beleksey is back for the Tampa game it could be something like:

Beleskey-Getz-Perry
Blake-Koivu-Selanne
Ryan-Bonino-Marchant (for a week until Sexton is back)
Bodie-Carter-Parros

Or they could try and keep Voros on the top line and put Beleskey on the 3rd.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 01:02 PM
  #7
wesott11
Registered User
 
wesott11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: huntington beach,CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Here's guessing Chipchurra has a concussion and will be out a while so they needed a center....
Exactly what I was thinking. Bonino should add some help up front. Maybe having a player actually working for a roster spot will push some of the guys

wesott11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 01:11 PM
  #8
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
We have 4 with Getz, Koivu, Marchant, and Carter, also if it was just to replace Chipchura Macenaur would be a better fit. I think this signifies that they want to try 3 scoring lines again. Assuming Beleksey is back for the Tampa game it could be something like:

Beleskey-Getz-Perry
Blake-Koivu-Selanne
Ryan-Bonino-Marchant (for a week until Sexton is back)
Bodie-Carter-Parros

Or they could try and keep Voros on the top line and put Beleskey on the 3rd.
Bonino also has 9 points in 8 games while Macenauer has 2 in 9.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 01:26 PM
  #9
alx83*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,469
vCash: 500
Before you all flip out at me, I understand this is radically different, but you never know until you try.

Beleskey-Getzlaf-Selanne
Sexton-Koivu-Perry
Parros-Bonino/Carter-Ryan
Voros-Chipchura-Marchant

There is a big body on each line. Getzlaf is some kind of talent, he could make things happen by himself if he had to, but Selanne isn't exactly some scrub. I think this line could work. Especially factoring out the RPG effect (that is - attempting the perfect play each time you come in contact with the puck).

Sexton-Koivu-Ryan worked last year, scoot Perry down there and I believe he has the same effect.

Ryan has more playmaking abilites than Perry in my opinion, and he would be a huge help as a linemate for Bonino (or Carter depending on who outplays the other). Parros gets a shot at more ice time and the chance to show off his skillz.

Voros-Chipchura-Marchant is a fourth line that can be shutdown, but also has offensive potential.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 01:29 PM
  #10
defer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG We Need Defense View Post
Before you all flip out at me, I understand this is radically different, but you never know until you try.

Beleskey-Getzlaf-Selanne
Sexton-Koivu-Perry
Parros-Bonino/Carter-Ryan
Voros-Chipchura-Marchant

There is a big body on each line. Getzlaf is some kind of talent, he could make things happen by himself if he had to, but Selanne isn't exactly some scrub. I think this line could work. Especially factoring out the RPG effect (that is - attempting the perfect play each time you come in contact with the puck).

Sexton-Koivu-Ryan worked last year, scoot Perry down there and I believe he has the same effect.

Ryan has more playmaking abilites than Perry in my opinion, and he would be a huge help as a linemate for Bonino (or Carter depending on who outplays the other). Parros gets a shot at more ice time and the chance to show off his skillz.

Voros-Chipchura-Marchant is a fourth line that can be shutdown, but also has offensive potential.
no.

Getzlaf has centered Teemu before and it sucked.

that third line is a waste of Bobby.

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 01:33 PM
  #11
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia
 
TheFlyingV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Here's guessing Chipchurra has a concussion and will be out a while so they needed a center....
That's what I'm assuming.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 01:35 PM
  #12
alx83*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,469
vCash: 500
That's because you're looking at it as a third line. When you've got three scoring lines, you are playing them somewhat evenly. You play whoever is hot.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 06:05 PM
  #13
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 17,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Here's guessing Chipchurra has a concussion and will be out a while so they needed a center....
Yes unfortunately I think that is the reason.

poor Chip.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 06:41 PM
  #14
davidy2d
Registered User
 
davidy2d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,630
vCash: 500
If Chip is hurt hopefully we can at least see some positives with Bonino as a third line center.

davidy2d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 07:38 PM
  #15
Sean Garrity
MAGNUSIFENT!
 
Sean Garrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Nut
Country: United States
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Hopefully he actually gets a chance to play. I know he has been impressive in the A this season and was a really clutch performer in college.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:27 AM
  #16
190Octane
Registered User
 
190Octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,159
vCash: 500
Gee, when I said that maybe Bonino might center the 3rd line at one point our boy Ericnut was talking about how he's a borderline AHL'er and all this other crap.

I guess a few points in the AHL changes people's minds about these things.

190Octane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 05:07 AM
  #17
mightyquack
Reverse Tank
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 15,605
vCash: 500
More injuries, YAY!

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 08:34 AM
  #18
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
Gee, when I said that maybe Bonino might center the 3rd line at one point our boy Ericnut was talking about how he's a borderline AHL'er and all this other crap.

I guess a few points in the AHL changes people's minds about these things.
honestly I still dont see Bonino becoming an NHL player, but Id love to see him prove me wrong.

Blake-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Koivu-Selanne
Carter-Bonino-Marchant
Voros-Green-Parros

Maybe? I dont even know anymore.


Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:51 AM
  #19
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
honestly I still dont see Bonino becoming an NHL player, but Id love to see him prove me wrong.

Blake-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Koivu-Selanne
Carter-Bonino-Marchant
Voros-Green-Parros

Maybe? I dont even know anymore.

I really think you underestimate him. I am a BU fan so I have seen a lot of Bonino in his college days. He can turn out to be a capable 2nd line center, but I think he will do his best work on the 3rd line.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:00 PM
  #20
defer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
I really think you underestimate him. I am a BU fan so I have seen a lot of Bonino in his college days. He can turn out to be a capable 2nd line center, but I think he will do his best work on the 3rd line.
Good because we need a 3rd line center pretty bad.

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:03 PM
  #21
GreatBear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by defer View Post
Good because we need a 3rd line center pretty bad.
We need whole new third and fourth lines pretty bad.

GreatBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:29 PM
  #22
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin
 
Vinegar Strokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Collins
Country: United States
Posts: 5,750
vCash: 500
If Bonino shows he can contribute on the third line, I'd like to see this lineup once (if) everyone is healthy:

Lupul-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Koivu-Selanne
Belesky-Bonino-Sexton
Marchant-Chipchura-Parros.

The only problem will be other teams matching their top lines with our third line when they're on the road, but that's already a problem anyways.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:31 PM
  #23
davidy2d
Registered User
 
davidy2d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dreams View Post
If Bonino shows he can contribute on the third line, I'd like to see this lineup once (if) everyone is healthy:

Lupul-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Koivu-Selanne
Belesky-Bonino-Sexton
Marchant-Chipchura-Parros.

The only problem will be other teams matching their top lines with our third line when they're on the road, but that's already a problem anyways.
Blake in the press box? I like the lineup but I would put Blake on the third line and send Sexton down.

davidy2d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:19 PM
  #24
defer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidy2d View Post
Blake in the press box? I like the lineup but I would put Blake on the third line and send Sexton down.
The way this season is goin we will never have a full healthy team so Im not too worried about it.

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 05:50 PM
  #25
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin
 
Vinegar Strokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Collins
Country: United States
Posts: 5,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidy2d View Post
Blake in the press box? I like the lineup but I would put Blake on the third line and send Sexton down.
I honestly completely forgot about Blake...go figure.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.