HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Klasen to Milwaukee

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-29-2010, 07:53 PM
  #26
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I'm gonna make a prediction. Tootoo sits tomorrow night with Klasen skating next to Legwand and Ward. Both Ward and Legwand have been getting good scoring opps with Tootoo so imagine what they can do with a truly gifted sniper. Erat has also been wearing the "A" since Suter has been out so I suspect he doesn't sit unless his back is really troubling him.
Neither Erat or Tootoo skated today. Bouillon was missing too. Trotz said it was a maintenance day for all three...

Smithson skated with Legwand and Ward. 3rd and 4th lines (4 skaters total) wore gold jerseys and rotated through drills...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 09:47 PM
  #27
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I'm gonna make a prediction. Tootoo sits tomorrow night with Klasen skating next to Legwand and Ward. Both Ward and Legwand have been getting good scoring opps with Tootoo so imagine what they can do with a truly gifted sniper. Erat has also been wearing the "A" since Suter has been out so I suspect he doesn't sit unless his back is really troubling him.
This makes the most sense to me. Against the Wings you don't need Tootoo's physical play. Legwand and Ward can help cover defensive shortcomings. Ward digs the puck out, Legwand passes it, and Snoopy....uhhh...Linus.... shoots it.

Couldn't complain about any line he goes onto as, by definition, it will have two passers waiting to give him the puck. Maybe Hornqvist wouldn't but literally everyone else on the team would.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 10:55 PM
  #28
MattPreds37
Registered User
 
MattPreds37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Goodlettsville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
I spoke with Tom Callahan about Linus Klasen on thursday night and apparently he doesnt think Klasen is in that great of shape, we shall see tomorrow night I guess.

MattPreds37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 04:08 AM
  #29
SChan*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPreds37 View Post
I spoke with Tom Callahan about Linus Klasen on thursday night and apparently he doesnt think Klasen is in that great of shape, we shall see tomorrow night I guess.
he missed 3 weeks of trainingcamp because of the concussion, and yet he rips the AHL. Imagine how good he can be if he was in best shape possible.

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 04:42 AM
  #30
goalscorer
Registered User
 
goalscorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Paducah, Ky
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
So mad I won't get to see his first game. He along with Hornqvist have been the two players I've been most excited about. Hornqvist opened eyes last year, hopefully LK can do the same. I just hope he doesn't tear it up, give our captain a concussion and bolt for the KHL.

Here's to a goal on his first shot, in his first shift, on the first line, in the first minute of his first NHL game.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 05:32 AM
  #31
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPreds37 View Post
I spoke with Tom Callahan about Linus Klasen on thursday night and apparently he doesnt think Klasen is in that great of shape, we shall see tomorrow night I guess.
Probably why Linus scores goals. He puts it on net before he runs out of gas. Whereas Erat wants to show he really can circle all day.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 07:07 AM
  #32
SChan*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWhee[LIST
[/LIST]l;28628285]Probably why Linus scores goals. He puts it on net before he runs out of gas. Whereas Erat wants to show he really can circle all day.
klasen played 3 games in A row and scored 2 points in each game, if he was out of shape he wouldnt muster that

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 11:25 AM
  #33
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgia4ever View Post
klasen played 3 games in A row and scored 2 points in each game, if he was out of shape he wouldnt muster that
Exactly. I think that was the next step in his development. The biggest difference between players in the AHL and those at the NHL level is their ability to perform consistently.

Klasen started the year with 4 goals in 4 games, but scored two goals in games 1 & 3 and was held off the scoresheet the next two nights. Last weekend saw three games in three nights and Klasen had a goal and an assist in each.

Maybe it was conditioning, maybe it was adjusting to the smaller rinks and quicker pace of the NA game? Whatever it was, I think Klasen showed he had overcome it enough for this opportunity...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 11:37 AM
  #34
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,713
vCash: 500
The difference between 15 to 20% body fat is 8.8 pounds of fat.

Not exactly a big number. The guy has skills and the body adapts to the weight like a woman carrying around a dumb bell while jogging.

He's got offensive skill but it's learning the Trotz system of play to get up to Nashville. What could be interesting is when he does play will he and SK pair up to form a scoring line?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 01:48 PM
  #35
Evgeny Oliker
Registered User
 
Evgeny Oliker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,303
vCash: 500
...

any idea on if Klasen will stay with the team for this week at least? or is he likely to be sent back to AHL?

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 01:56 PM
  #36
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
any idea on if Klasen will stay with the team for this week at least? or is he likely to be sent back to AHL?
Both teams are off today and next play on Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised to see Klasen stay and practice with the Predators on Monday and maybe Tuesday before a decision is made. I think if Tootoo is healthy and there are no other injuries, he'll be sent back to continue developing, but at the same time I also wouldn't be surprised for him to travel to Phoenix if there are any outstanding questions...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:07 AM
  #37
goalscorer
Registered User
 
goalscorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Paducah, Ky
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Both teams are off today and next play on Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised to see Klasen stay and practice with the Predators on Monday and maybe Tuesday before a decision is made. I think if Tootoo is healthy and there are no other injuries, he'll be sent back to continue developing, but at the same time I also wouldn't be surprised for him to travel to Phoenix if there are any outstanding questions...
Crossing fingers.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:27 AM
  #38
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,713
vCash: 500
Klasen sent back to Milwaukee per the 8 billion twitter guys.

I'd link them all but they all posted at about the same time.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:49 AM
  #39
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
Klasen needed to get a goal in his two minutes of play. Can't waste your opportunities.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:21 PM
  #40
ZenBaja
Registered User
 
ZenBaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Klasen needed to get a goal in his two minutes of play. Can't waste your opportunities.
Exactly!

ZenBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:25 PM
  #41
SChan*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,502
vCash: 500
well that was the most useless promotion ever. 6 minutes of NHL time and down again. How can anyone prove themselves with that ice-time?

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:32 PM
  #42
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgia4ever View Post
well that was the most useless promotion ever. 6 minutes of NHL time and down again. How can anyone prove themselves with that ice-time?
I don't think he was meant to prove himself worth of an NHL spot right now. He was called up to serve as extra legs and killed 6 minutes of icetime. He will get his shot at some point if he continues tearing up the AHL, don't worry.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:35 PM
  #43
SChan*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I don't think he was meant to prove himself worth of an NHL spot right now. He was called up to serve as extra legs and killed 6 minutes of icetime. He will get his shot at some point if he continues tearing up the AHL, don't worry.
that's true, it seems that klasen had higher hopes though. Before the game against Detroit he said that this was his big chance to play in the NHL. Hopefully he doesn't pout over this.

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:47 PM
  #44
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 9,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Klasen sent back to Milwaukee per the 8 billion twitter guys.

I'd link them all but they all posted at about the same time.
Good news. Goc/Lombardi/Toots is healthy again. But I still hate that he got no time here.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 04:36 PM
  #45
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,654
vCash: 50
Klasen was getting rolled out fine I think until we got behind, then he had to sit while we tried to claw back into the game.

If we hadnt crapped the bed so early in the game he would have had more of a shot.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 04:54 PM
  #46
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Good news. Goc/Lombardi/Toots is healthy again. But I still hate that he got no time here.
Goc.......maybe

Lombardi.........don't think so

Toots.......still out

Erat.......out

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 05:14 PM
  #47
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I don't think he was meant to prove himself worth of an NHL spot right now. He was called up to serve as extra legs and killed 6 minutes of icetime. He will get his shot at some point if he continues tearing up the AHL, don't worry.
Exactly. Klasen got called up because Tootoo was hurt and we needed an extra skater. It wasn't to "prove his worth" or anything like that.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:44 PM
  #48
bottomofthefoodchain
Registered User
 
bottomofthefoodchain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,767
vCash: 500
After being sent back down, Klasen basically said he barely got a chance to prove himself, but he thought it was a good experience, and he's going to keep on trying to get back up.
He also said he has some things he needs to work on in the defensive zone in order to earn the coach's trust and get to play 20 minutes a game.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:16 PM
  #49
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi
 
CantbeatzPekka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: gamehendge
Country: Somalia
Posts: 3,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
After being sent back down, Klasen basically said he barely got a chance to prove himself, but he thought it was a good experience, and he's going to keep on trying to get back up.
He also said he has some things he needs to work on in the defensive zone in order to earn the coach's trust and get to play 20 minutes a game.
Good, because we could use his skill set. And i know he can snipe and dangle as good if not better than anyone on the preds right now

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:04 PM
  #50
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
After being sent back down, Klasen basically said he barely got a chance to prove himself, but he thought it was a good experience, and he's going to keep on trying to get back up.
He also said he has some things he needs to work on in the defensive zone in order to earn the coach's trust and get to play 20 minutes a game.
You can replace the name "Klasen" with every other player who has ever come through the Preds system and the quote would still be the same.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.