HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Klasen to Milwaukee

Old
10-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I'm gonna make a prediction. Tootoo sits tomorrow night with Klasen skating next to Legwand and Ward. Both Ward and Legwand have been getting good scoring opps with Tootoo so imagine what they can do with a truly gifted sniper. Erat has also been wearing the "A" since Suter has been out so I suspect he doesn't sit unless his back is really troubling him.
Neither Erat or Tootoo skated today. Bouillon was missing too. Trotz said it was a maintenance day for all three...

Smithson skated with Legwand and Ward. 3rd and 4th lines (4 skaters total) wore gold jerseys and rotated through drills...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 09:47 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I'm gonna make a prediction. Tootoo sits tomorrow night with Klasen skating next to Legwand and Ward. Both Ward and Legwand have been getting good scoring opps with Tootoo so imagine what they can do with a truly gifted sniper. Erat has also been wearing the "A" since Suter has been out so I suspect he doesn't sit unless his back is really troubling him.
This makes the most sense to me. Against the Wings you don't need Tootoo's physical play. Legwand and Ward can help cover defensive shortcomings. Ward digs the puck out, Legwand passes it, and Snoopy....uhhh...Linus.... shoots it.

Couldn't complain about any line he goes onto as, by definition, it will have two passers waiting to give him the puck. Maybe Hornqvist wouldn't but literally everyone else on the team would.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 10:55 PM
MattPreds37

I spoke with Tom Callahan about Linus Klasen on thursday night and apparently he doesnt think Klasen is in that great of shape, we shall see tomorrow night I guess.

MattPreds37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 04:08 AM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPreds37 View Post
I spoke with Tom Callahan about Linus Klasen on thursday night and apparently he doesnt think Klasen is in that great of shape, we shall see tomorrow night I guess.
he missed 3 weeks of trainingcamp because of the concussion, and yet he rips the AHL. Imagine how good he can be if he was in best shape possible.

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 04:42 AM
goalscorer

So mad I won't get to see his first game. He along with Hornqvist have been the two players I've been most excited about. Hornqvist opened eyes last year, hopefully LK can do the same. I just hope he doesn't tear it up, give our captain a concussion and bolt for the KHL.

Here's to a goal on his first shot, in his first shift, on the first line, in the first minute of his first NHL game.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 05:32 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPreds37 View Post
Probably why Linus scores goals. He puts it on net before he runs out of gas. Whereas Erat wants to show he really can circle all day.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 07:07 AM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWhee[LIST
[/LIST]l;28628285]Probably why Linus scores goals. He puts it on net before he runs out of gas. Whereas Erat wants to show he really can circle all day.
klasen played 3 games in A row and scored 2 points in each game, if he was out of shape he wouldnt muster that

Old
10-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgia4ever View Post
klasen played 3 games in A row and scored 2 points in each game, if he was out of shape he wouldnt muster that
Exactly. I think that was the next step in his development. The biggest difference between players in the AHL and those at the NHL level is their ability to perform consistently.

Klasen started the year with 4 goals in 4 games, but scored two goals in games 1 & 3 and was held off the scoresheet the next two nights. Last weekend saw three games in three nights and Klasen had a goal and an assist in each.

Maybe it was conditioning, maybe it was adjusting to the smaller rinks and quicker pace of the NA game? Whatever it was, I think Klasen showed he had overcome it enough for this opportunity...

Old
10-30-2010, 11:37 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

The difference between 15 to 20% body fat is 8.8 pounds of fat.

Not exactly a big number. The guy has skills and the body adapts to the weight like a woman carrying around a dumb bell while jogging.

He's got offensive skill but it's learning the Trotz system of play to get up to Nashville. What could be interesting is when he does play will he and SK pair up to form a scoring line?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Evgeny Oliker

any idea on if Klasen will stay with the team for this week at least? or is he likely to be sent back to AHL?

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
any idea on if Klasen will stay with the team for this week at least? or is he likely to be sent back to AHL?
Both teams are off today and next play on Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised to see Klasen stay and practice with the Predators on Monday and maybe Tuesday before a decision is made. I think if Tootoo is healthy and there are no other injuries, he'll be sent back to continue developing, but at the same time I also wouldn't be surprised for him to travel to Phoenix if there are any outstanding questions...

Old
11-01-2010, 12:07 AM
goalscorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Both teams are off today and next play on Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised to see Klasen stay and practice with the Predators on Monday and maybe Tuesday before a decision is made. I think if Tootoo is healthy and there are no other injuries, he'll be sent back to continue developing, but at the same time I also wouldn't be surprised for him to travel to Phoenix if there are any outstanding questions...
Crossing fingers.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:27 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Klasen sent back to Milwaukee per the 8 billion twitter guys.

I'd link them all but they all posted at about the same time.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:49 AM
OpenWheel

Klasen needed to get a goal in his two minutes of play. Can't waste your opportunities.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:21 PM
ZenBaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Klasen needed to get a goal in his two minutes of play. Can't waste your opportunities.
Exactly!

ZenBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:25 PM
SChan*

well that was the most useless promotion ever. 6 minutes of NHL time and down again. How can anyone prove themselves with that ice-time?

Old
11-01-2010, 02:32 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgia4ever View Post
well that was the most useless promotion ever. 6 minutes of NHL time and down again. How can anyone prove themselves with that ice-time?
I don't think he was meant to prove himself worth of an NHL spot right now. He was called up to serve as extra legs and killed 6 minutes of icetime. He will get his shot at some point if he continues tearing up the AHL, don't worry.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:35 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I don't think he was meant to prove himself worth of an NHL spot right now. He was called up to serve as extra legs and killed 6 minutes of icetime. He will get his shot at some point if he continues tearing up the AHL, don't worry.
that's true, it seems that klasen had higher hopes though. Before the game against Detroit he said that this was his big chance to play in the NHL. Hopefully he doesn't pout over this.

Old
11-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Klasen sent back to Milwaukee per the 8 billion twitter guys.

I'd link them all but they all posted at about the same time.
Good news. Goc/Lombardi/Toots is healthy again. But I still hate that he got no time here.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 04:36 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Klasen was getting rolled out fine I think until we got behind, then he had to sit while we tried to claw back into the game.

If we hadnt crapped the bed so early in the game he would have had more of a shot.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 04:54 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Good news. Goc/Lombardi/Toots is healthy again. But I still hate that he got no time here.
Goc.......maybe

Lombardi.........don't think so

Toots.......still out

Erat.......out

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Exactly. Klasen got called up because Tootoo was hurt and we needed an extra skater. It wasn't to "prove his worth" or anything like that.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:44 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

After being sent back down, Klasen basically said he barely got a chance to prove himself, but he thought it was a good experience, and he's going to keep on trying to get back up.
He also said he has some things he needs to work on in the defensive zone in order to earn the coach's trust and get to play 20 minutes a game.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:16 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
After being sent back down, Klasen basically said he barely got a chance to prove himself, but he thought it was a good experience, and he's going to keep on trying to get back up.
He also said he has some things he needs to work on in the defensive zone in order to earn the coach's trust and get to play 20 minutes a game.
Good, because we could use his skill set. And i know he can snipe and dangle as good if not better than anyone on the preds right now

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
You can replace the name "Klasen" with every other player who has ever come through the Preds system and the quote would still be the same.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote