HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger Prospect Poll - #13

View Poll Results: #13
Moore 3 6.52%
Lampman 4 8.70%
Ryan 1 2.17%
Giroux 5 10.87%
Pock 16 34.78%
Taylor 2 4.35%
Dubinsky 3 6.52%
Olver 5 10.87%
Wiseman 0 0%
Callahan 4 8.70%
Liffiton 3 6.52%
Murray 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2005, 11:56 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Don't be nervous

about Dom Moore...he'll never be a top six forward, so you don't have to worry him slowing down on production. He definitely should be an NHLer, but not in a rold in which you'd rely on him much,.

Old
05-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
about Dom Moore...he'll never be a top six forward, so you don't have to worry him slowing down on production. He definitely should be an NHLer, but not in a rold in which you'd rely on him much,.
Maybe not a top-six, but I definately see him as a valuable component on future teams. If not big enough to play a checking center, he could at least play on the wing and is certainly defensively responsible enough to match up with the other team's top line as well as being a mainstay on the 1st PK unit. Like I said before, I think Dom is an extremely smart player and will probably play a big leadership role in the future as well.

Old
05-15-2005, 08:05 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
I'm not sure I really like either comparison.

Believe it or not, Greg Moore doesn't have the hands of Mike Grier who was a pretty good scorer at BU. Greg Moore also doesn't play as physical as Grier. The only attributes Greg Moore has are size and decent PKing skills. Anyone who sees him as anything more than a 3rd liner hasn't seen G.Moore enough.

Dominic Moore isn't nearly as speedy as Wes Walz who's probably also better defensively than Dom. D.Moore is still an excellent PKer and an extremely smart player in all three zones. I really don't know who I'd compare him to. Mike Fisher maybe?
Mike Fisher has way more grit and is more physical and gets hurt cause he plays bigger than his size.

Old
05-16-2005, 06:14 AM
Fletch

Agreed SBOB...

I don't think Pock's anything special; nor do I think he's the type of player that would do well consistently (over an 82-game schedule). His Hartford performance this season, points-wise, wasn't too impressive for an offensive defenseman.

sjb, on Moore, I think we said the same thing.

Old
05-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Levitate

I tend to think that Dom Moore will be a NHLer, just not with the Rangers in the end. just a feeling

as for Pck, dunno, I think he has the upside to be a #3 or 4 guy, but we'll have to see how it goes. he had a rough year last year through injuries plus he wasn't really used as the go to guy in terms of offensive defenseman last year with the pack, and he was supposedly working on his D more...but it wasn't a great year.

Old
05-16-2005, 11:16 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I agree. I don't think Moore has it to compete with Immonen or Graham in the end (though I'd be perfectly happy to be wrong about that). He could be a valuable player for a less talented team, though.

Old
05-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
I wouldn't give up on Pock. He showed that he has some offensive skills in the couple of games here right out of college. I think they wanted him to concentrate solely on his defensive coverage this past year. And we have to take into account that he was hurt.

How old is he anyway? 22, 23 tops? Let's see what happens after the lockout ends and training camp breaks. Personally, he's in my top 6 D for the team. I'd definitely put him out on a PP unit.

Closed Thread