HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: The Walking Dead

Old
11-01-2010, 01:34 AM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
AMC is so awesome.

Breaking Bad/Walking Dead rule the universe.
Dont forget Mad Men!

Loved Walking Dead premier tonight, hopefully they can keep it up!

AMC and HBO pumping out some good shows. Love it.

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

vCash: 50
I watched it tonight, thought it was really really good!!! Nice to see more zombie movie fans...Maybe George A Romero will make a guest appearnce

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:37 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
I watched it tonight, thought it was really really good!!! Nice to see more zombie movie fans...Maybe George A Romero will make a guest appearnce
Would be OK with George having a small role

Sucks that Romero's last 3 efforts have really been disappointments

Land = Ok ,,, Nowhere close to Night/Dawn/Day which are masterpeices
Diary = ugh,,,
Survival = Jumping the Shark

Romero should have quit after Day ,,, He ended up like another George who followed up a great trilogy with #### (I did like Revenge of the Sith though)

I was very happy with how this show turned out ,, Hopefully it continues to be great

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:39 AM
TaylorHall
First overall

vCash: 500
Been looking for a new TV series to watch... thanks for this thread, the trailer looked fantastic.

TaylorHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 03:15 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Suffice to say, I disagree. I haven't seen last weeks episode or the one this week, but I've been impressed with what I've seen so far. Now it's no Wire, but nothing is. As for the Sopranos, I've seen a few episodes here and there but I was never able to get into it. I'll probably try again at some point but I was never impressed with what I did see.
meh, its kind of turning into a TV thread anyway with people talking about different programs. Boardwalk Empire has everything going for it that should make a good production. Basic story line, huge dollars and good production features, great cast and crew, but somehow it just lays an egg. They take good actors and yield wooden portrayals. The acting in this series is just awful. Any of the actors in this have been far better elsewhere. Its really uninspired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boopronger View Post
Wow, didnt think id find someone who thought the same as me on Boardwalk. I cant seem to get into it even though I love Steve Buscemi (sp?)
Yep. This is frankly the worst I have ever seen Buscemi. He's a great method actor and is given no freedom in this to bring any life to the protaganist main part. It falls flat starting from there but all the acting is devoid of life and emotion in this series.

Anyway can Hollywood be any more devoid of ideas. Zombies and Mafia. There, ZombieMafia I just invented a new fusion genre. Oh help us viewers..

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 03:21 AM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Just watched the first episode.... was pretty damn good.

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:16 PM
necrobot

The whole scene with the bicycle girl kill and the black dude sniping was the highlight of the show.

Apparently issue 80 starts an awesome new kick in the story line. Can't wait for 2 months until I can get my hands on it.

necrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrobot View Post
The whole scene with the bicycle girl kill and the black dude sniping was the highlight of the show.

Apparently issue 80 starts an awesome new kick in the story line. Can't wait for 2 months until I can get my hands on it.
yeah, the issue for #79 looks like bad news bears.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Oilbender

I'm normally not a big halloween guy, but my girlfriend loves it. They had some terrific shows on last night.

We watched Dawn of the Dead, and then The Walking Dead. Dexter was fantastic last night too. All in all a nice Halloween mini-marathon.

Oilbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Jamin

so i read in the paper the producer gale an hurd (produced terminator, aliens, point break) said each episode has its own tone and could almost stand alone.

**spoiler**

with that in mind when that guy was under the tank and shot off 5 bullets i thought he was a gonner and next week would have new cast members.

i wanna see more of the dad and his son, thought they were good characters. a bit pissed the cops partner is now banging the wife

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Alawishis

When better than Halloween to get a full serving of occult?

Alawishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Roamin

saw it, loved it, looking forward to more episodes.

Roamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 04:19 PM
copperandblue897

The first episode already has me hooked for sure. The preview for the second episode looks sweet. Nice work premiering on Halloween too!

copperandblue897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Oilerdiehard

Been really busy but I DVR'd it and watched the beginning so far. Looks great.

I have been excited for this series for sometime. I have been a huge zombie fan for a long, long time. A zombie board I check out once in a while got me in on this project pretty early on.

Some that have not seen it that are thinking about it. The producer is the same producer apparently from Aliens / Terminator movies and the director is the guy who did The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption. Apparently both are huge fans of the comic series (which I never read I am afraid).

I am kind of enjoying that zombies are becoming popular in recent years. It results in lots of new movies and tv things. So I am enjoying that right now. As I know the fad will pass and I will be back to not having much new to check out in the genre. Then I will be going back to watch every version of the Dawn Of The Dead a hundred more times.

Kudos to AMC for doing this. They had a little promo for people to be extras down the line. So does this mean a second series of The Walking Dead has already been green lit?

Also just on a side note. Boardwalk Empire has not yet grabbed me to the extent that The Sopranos did. But I think BE has been really solid so far and I am enjoying it.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 04:23 PM
r0adApples

The scene near the start when he goes into the dark stairwell in the hospital and he's lighting those matches to see his way....that had me on the edge of my seat. i expected to see a zombie in that darkness... yeah it's a pretty good looking show. It will be interesting to see the group dynamic amongst all the survivors.

r0adApples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Vic

This was one of AMC's largest debuts ever. Should get picked up for more episodes, depends how it does the next few weeks. The tank scene was intense!

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...d_ratings.html

Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 05:07 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
watched it. kind of mediocre but not BAD by any means.

i dont really like biological/disease based zombies. its too lame and theyre written stupid for how "Real" theyre suppose to be (they need to eat but never starve, theyre never ripped up by other species that devour carrion, etc, etc, etc). i like the italian late 70s necromantic style more. more creepy and bizarre. at least i know its not trying to be "real".

the story seems kind of slow and tedious too. family motivations (hello, inception) are so tired and the drama/dialog was kind of weak. ill watch it for a while but i dont know if its going to stick, personally. its just any other Romero based zombie thing turned graphic novel, turned TV show.

not bad, not amazing. zombies are overrated.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
watched it. kind of mediocre but not BAD by any means.

i dont really like biological/disease based zombies. its too lame and theyre written stupid for how "Real" theyre suppose to be (they need to eat but never starve, theyre never ripped up by other species that devour carrion, etc, etc, etc). i like the italian late 70s necromantic style more. more creepy and bizarre. at least i know its not trying to be "real".

the story seems kind of slow and tedious too. family motivations (hello, inception) are so tired and the drama/dialog was kind of weak. ill watch it for a while but i dont know if its going to stick, personally. its just any other Romero based zombie thing turned graphic novel, turned TV show.

not bad, not amazing. zombies are overrated.
Impossible and untrue.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Gloss233

I thought it was fantastic , i have read that they stay very true to the graphic novel and with the graphic nature of the comic i thought that wouldn't happen, but that first episode proved me wrong and i can't wait to see more. That should have this a phenomenal television show. I loved the first scene with the little girl, that and the sniping from the second floor window. Everyone needs to watch this, just to make sure it doesn't get canceled. I can't wait for the episode that is the 3rd trade!

Gloss233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 06:44 PM
jlockhart89

Can't believe I hadn't heard of this prior to reading this thread.

Just watched the trailer and it looks outstanding but I wasn't able to PVR the show. Are they going to re-air this episode before next weeks? or is there any alternative to catching yesterdays episode?

jlockhart89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 06:50 PM
r0adApples

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlockhart89 View Post

Just watched the trailer and it looks outstanding but I wasn't able to PVR the show. Are they going to re-air this episode before next weeks? or is there any alternative to catching yesterdays episode?
Time machine?

r0adApples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Zombies are scary in large groups or in confined spaces. Find yourself a good water and food supply in the middle of nowhere and you are golden. Going to a big city is just asking for trouble. Zombie trouble.
Rule no. 1: Cardio, cardio, cardio.

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 08:24 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
Impossible and untrue.
+one_million

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 08:51 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:

Torrent....

Will it always play on Sunday?

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:16 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:

Yes. The first episode will be replayed on Sunday and then the second episode will also be on Sunday. I believe the first episode will be on Friday too. Check your guide.

How do Zombies handle the cold? They always seem to be in warm climes or it is summer or some such thing. If they dont like the cold why not head up north?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote