HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marian Gaborik progressing (Update: back skating)

Old
11-01-2010, 09:48 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Come on Gabby, you have to be ready soon. Grow a pair and lace em up in a week/week and a half.

I wouldn't be surprised if A. Theres a "setback" coming or B. He comes back and decides its still not good enough to go.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:50 AM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Come on Gabby, you have to be ready soon. Grow a pair and lace em up in a week/week and a half.

I wouldn't be surprised if A. Theres a "setback" coming or B. He comes back and decides its still not good enough to go.
Probably. As much as it would suck, if we didn't see him most/all of November I wouldn't even be a little surprised.

11-01-2010, 10:10 AM
AJRanger

NYDNRangers
Marian Gaborik skated for first time this morning. Currently in gym with Drury and Prospal doing off-ice workouts. #NYR

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Barnaby

They are playing well enough without him... I just don't want to see him come back too early, and re-injure it. When he does come back, then we should have 2 legit lines for the first time in a few years with a Gabby line, and the Anisimov line.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

No need to rush his recovery. The team is playing pretty well in his absence, but the real point is that the Rangers have invested a ton of money in Gaborik. If he comes back to early, chances are we could lose him for even longer.

If the Rangers feel this is a serious transition year, then losing Gaborik for an extra couple weeks to ensure his recovery is probably the best course of action.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:51 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
No need to rush his recovery. The team is playing pretty well in his absence, but the real point is that the Rangers have invested a ton of money in Gaborik. If he comes back to early, chances are we could lose him for even longer.

If the Rangers feel this is a serious transition year, then losing Gaborik for an extra couple weeks to ensure his recovery is probably the best course of action.
Exactly. As long as we are playing .500 hockey there's no need to rush his return. Not that I'd rush him if we weren't...but it just makes his absence easier to endure. Make sure he's 100%. We'd all like to see him on the ice...but waiting a couple extra days or weeks is well worth it if it means we'll have him healthy (at least his shoulder) for years to come.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:07 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Is a separated shoulder something you can re-injure? It wasnt that severe, because it didn't need surgery. Never heard anything about ligament damage.

I think once thats healed and you've regained strength its only residual pain you have to deal with. I've gone through it myself. Its not like a hammy or groin where it can be reinjured do to use, you would have to get hit again. So i wouldnt be worried about it becoming re-injured. Possibly inflammation? Any doctors out there to confirm my thoughts?

Old
11-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Is a separated shoulder something you can re-injure? It wasnt that severe, because it didn't need surgery. Never heard anything about ligament damage.

I think once thats healed and you've regained strength its only residual pain you have to deal with. I've gone through it myself. Its not like a hammy or groin where it can be reinjured do to use, you would have to get hit again. So i wouldnt be worried about it becoming re-injured. Possibly inflammation? Any doctors out there to confirm my thoughts?
It's not so much an issue of re-injuring the shoulder, it's a matter of the injury affecting his overall attitude towards the game. If he comes back and he's still nursing his shoulder, it increases the chances that he puts himself in an awkward position to avoid hurting it again. If he can't take a hit on his shoulder, he might try and dodge the hit and potentially go knee-on-knee with a player.

Is it an absolute concern? Of course not, but with a guy who's made a career out of being made of glass, I'd rather not take any chances.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 50
if you google the glassman and go to images there is a picture of Gabby lmao

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:02 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
It's not so much an issue of re-injuring the shoulder, it's a matter of the injury affecting his overall attitude towards the game. If he comes back and he's still nursing his shoulder, it increases the chances that he puts himself in an awkward position to avoid hurting it again. If he can't take a hit on his shoulder, he might try and dodge the hit and potentially go knee-on-knee with a player.

Is it an absolute concern? Of course not, but with a guy who's made a career out of being made of glass, I'd rather not take any chances.
I see. He is that type of player youre right. Hes got to be comfortable.

Old
11-01-2010, 12:15 PM
pld459666

Quote:

Agreed 100%

Team is not in a downward spiral, they have been scoring goals. The necessity to get him back in the line up is there.

Let him take his time.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:05 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Gaborik injurys are never just a simple "cya in 2 weeks". There is always something we don't know about.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:12 PM
CH2

The question is, when Gaborik does come back, is whatever line that he's on the #1 line? Because right now, Gaborik+Frolov is a little less than Dubi-AA-Cally. I don't care who the center is.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
if you google the glassman and go to images there is a picture of Gabby lmao
I only saw pics of Jon Gosselin.

Alvvays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 02:31 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

sticking with my initial prediction.

thanksgiving.

gaby never comes back quickly.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepanToGaborik View Post
I only saw pics of Jon Gosselin.
no space inbetween Glassman and it should be the third pic in on the first row

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 04:10 PM
vladmyir111

Oh come on guys he was injured for 8 games last year and it didn't end up being a problem. Dude separated a shoulder, give him the generic 4 weeks and he'll be back.

Btw for whoever was asking before about dislocations I think they vary greatly. Personally I dislocated mine about 6 years ago and even though nothing was torn and I was fine a few days later that same shoulder will still "pop out" real easy if I'm working out and reach the point of muscle failure and try to get an extra rep or two.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 04:23 PM
tomobson

shoulder dislocation and a separation are two different injuries.

tomobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 04:43 PM
vladmyir111

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomobson View Post
shoulder dislocation and a separation are two different injuries.
Learn something new everyday, having said that I really don't see why someone could be expected to be back in 2 weeks from a separation at full strength.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:09 PM
DontStepanMe

There are two types of dislocations - a luxated and subluxated. Difference is the subluxated joint pops back into socket immediately during the injury. The luxated shoulder will just hang until popped back in manually.

Shoulder Separations also known as an AC separation. Different grades 1-6. 6 being most severe. Acromioclavicular joint. This joint is on "top" of the shoulder. It is not the ball in socket part of the joint (that part gets dislocated). It's basically when the bones separate and stretch the ligaments.

I had a 2nd degree separation back when I was in high school and it's normal recovery time is 6-8 weeks. A type three could be up to 12 weeks. Anything over type 3 requires surgery.

By the way I broke this down to its most basic form.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:54 PM
TreeSapLlama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
There are two types of dislocations - a luxated and subluxated. Difference is the subluxated joint pops back into socket immediately during the injury. The luxated shoulder will just hang until popped back in manually.

Shoulder Separations also known as an AC separation. Different grades 1-6. 6 being most severe. Acromioclavicular joint. This joint is on "top" of the shoulder. It is not the ball in socket part of the joint (that part gets dislocated). It's basically when the bones separate and stretch the ligaments.

I had a 2nd degree separation back when I was in high school and it's normal recovery time is 6-8 weeks. A type three could be up to 12 weeks. Anything over type 3 requires surgery.

By the way I broke this down to its most basic form.
I imagine its tough to tell, but any idea which level Gaborik had?

Regardless, don't rush him back. More importantly, imagine Dubi - Ani - Cally getting LESS defensive pressure as a 2nd line rather then our first. Gonna be fun to watch.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 04:10 AM
Chimp

Gaborik almost certainly had a mild, subluxated shoulder injury. After all, he tried playing on, so it must have popped back immediately after the hit.

Given the short healing time (about 4 weeks), to me it sounds like he had some mild variant of what Rags225 had, around a 1-2?

Let's hope this shoulder injury didn't affect him or his effectiveness as a player much at all. Shoulder injuries are always terrible to have though.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote