HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Anisimov's Upside

Old
11-02-2010, 12:02 AM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Anisimov's Upside

I wanted to gather opinions from fellow Ranger fans on Anisimov's potential. Is he a 60 point, two-way, 2nd line center? Or will he be a legitimate 80 point 1st line center?

What do you think?

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:06 AM
NYRangers09

vCash: 500
I think he has shown us in these first couple games that he is at least a 60pt 2nd line center and seeing that this is only his second year in the league, I think he will continue to improve and become one of the top notch, top line centers that this organization lacks. I cant wait to watch him and Stepan centering the top 2 for many years to come

NYRangers09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:08 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
most likely a 2nd line center who may one day get paid as a 1b type guy.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:10 AM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Well, wanted to get my opinion in on this:

I think Anisimov has a TON of potential. He is big, he is strong around the net, and boards. He has great hands, vision, and a hard shot. He is also above-average defensively. I think he can become a Koivu type guy, a very good playmaking, lanky, two-way center.

Very excited to see what he can do the next few years.

Old
11-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Not 1st liner. Good 2nd liner, around 60 points in prime each season.

Dubi and Cally are showing you a glimpse of what he can do on the stat sheet.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:19 AM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepanToGaborik View Post

I think Anisimov has a TON of potential. He is big, he is strong around the net, and boards. He has great hands, vision, and a hard shot. He is also above-average defensively. I think he can become a Koivu type guy, a very good playmaking, lanky, two-way center.

Saku Koivu is not 6'0" tall, so I'm not sure lanky fits. Anisimov is stronger on the puck but I would not complain if he was as good a two-way player as Saku has been over the course of his career.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:20 AM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Saku Koivu is not 6'0" tall, so I'm not sure lanky fits. Anisimov is stronger on the puck but I would not complain if he was as good a two-way player as Saku has been over the course of his career.
Mikko. A 70 point, excellent defensive center.

Old
11-02-2010, 12:22 AM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Mikko. A 70 point, excellent defensive center.
Ahh, that makes a little more sense now.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
i think he could have 60 points this year.

if Gabby was out all season and that was our top line the three of em would be gettin 60-80 points as they are our offense now.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:49 AM
The Fuhr

I've been following Anisimov for awhile and as I have seen more and more out of him my opinion has changed. There was a time I'd say Steve Rucchin type C but now I don't think it be out of the question to say Eric Staal. AA will never put up the 05-06 numbers Staal put up but more like what Staal has done the last four seasons.

35-40G 70-80 points (though I think AA comes in a little less goal scoring at 25-30)

Both players are big strong centers, all situation players (play top PP or last minute holding a 1G lead), have a willingness to get physical. The next question for me is (cause I think he'll hit the numbers) can Anisimov dominate big games (playoffs) like Staal has showen

Anisimov has not developed as fast as Staal but that does not mean he can't get there taking a little longer.

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:54 AM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
I've been following Anisimov for awhile and as I have seen more and more out of him my opinion has changed. There was a time I'd say Steve Rucchin type C but now I don't think it be out of the question to say Eric Staal. AA will never put up the 05-06 numbers Staal put up but more like what Staal has done the last four seasons.

35-40G 70-80 points (though I think AA comes in a little less goal scoring at 25-30)

Both players are big strong centers, all situation players (play top PP or last minute holding a 1G lead), have a willingness to get physical. The next question for me is (cause I think he'll hit the numbers) can Anisimov dominate big games (playoffs) like Staal has showen

Anisimov has not developed as fast as Staal but that does not mean he can't get there taking a little longer.
Wow, nice to see him getting so much love from a non-Ranger fan. He seems to fly under the radar around here.

Old
11-02-2010, 01:10 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

I've been really impressed watching him this season. He's been strong around the net, smart with the puck, has a bit of speed and is even playing sound defense. I think he could be a 75-80 pt center if he plays with a healthy Gaborik for a while.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 01:37 AM
XLJ

I see him being a very good 2 way 2nd line center (50-60 points). I dont think he has the playmaking ability to be a first line center.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 01:40 AM
ColonialsHockey10

I truly believe saying his upside is a 60 point center is selling Anisimov short. He is huge, strong, and has awesome hands. Not to mention he is very smart in all 3 zones and knows where to be. I particularly saw flashes during the 2nd half of that Toronto game on saturday. Anisimov protects the puck like a champ.

I think both him and Stepan have 80 point potential, and they both already possess great two way games.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 03:00 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

35-35 guy playing borderline elite level defensive game is his upside imho.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 03:22 AM
Barnaby

55-65 point solid 2-way centerman. He has the makings of a very good center. I don't see #1 franchise center, but that doesn't mean the guy isn't going to be a smashing success.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 03:32 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
55-65 point solid 2-way centerman. He has the makings of a very good center. I don't see #1 franchise center, but that doesn't mean the guy isn't going to be a smashing success.
i think the point here is that if you can get say 60 points a piece from Dubi - AA - Cally...youd have one of if not the best 2nd line in hockey.

the problem the Rangers have isnt their secondary scoring...its their primary scoring. if dubi - aa - cally is your best line, you have to play every game like game 7 of the stanley cup finals to stay in it/win it.

we just arent talented enough to win without playing 150% every shift....over the course of 82 games that leaves its toll...you lose guys to injuries from blocking 30+ shots a game...you wear down from playing that intense hockey all game every game.

when you have more talent you can win some on sheer skill, and you can win some on sheer will. its that type of balance the rangers need.

get gabby some help. its why i wanted kovalchuk so damn bad. we need another weapon up front.

if only we could get drurys contract off the books, then we could go after a guy like Richards.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:52 AM
SomE

I'm thinkin saku koivu like numbers.. He plays like a better version of vasicek in the offensive zone

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers09 View Post
I think he has shown us in these first couple games that he is at least a 60pt 2nd line center and seeing that this is only his second year in the league, I think he will continue to improve and become one of the top notch, top line centers that this organization lacks. I cant wait to watch him and Stepan centering the top 2 for many years to come
Can't say that he's "at least" a 60 point center this early in the season...he's off to a good start but could go on a 30 game slump or something. Just trying to say that while he's started off very well, we can't assume he'll continue like this all season or keep this level of play up.

I see a ton of skill in him but he's still not quite pushing enoughto make it all happen. 70+ point scorers are guys who either have lethal scoring abilities or tend to control the play with the puck on their stick. Anisimov shows some flashes like that but isn't on that level. *Maybe* he can get there, but I feel like once again the hype train is running wild.

I'd like to see him shoot the puck more or at least get more quality shots

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 06:56 AM
darko

Very good 2-way center putting up 60-65 points in his prime (20-25 goals). I would be very happy if he turned into that type of player.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:13 AM
asparkoflife

He's got a lot of upside. Size, strength, speed(which is much improved this year, imho), playmaking ability, and hands to finish.

His ceiling right now? I think a 75-80pt 1C isn't out of the question. Whether he reaches that potential, who knows. I personally think AA falls in the next tier down. 60-70pt 1B Center or a very good 2C.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:19 AM
ohbaby

Quote:

He has a weak shot for a big man. No one will go wow with his slapshot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post

AA doesn't have Staal's speed and never will. Staal is an elite player in this league. He burns people nightly with his speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
35-35 guy playing borderline elite level defensive game is his upside imho.
This is much more likely his top shelf.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:46 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Very good 2-way center putting up 60-65 points in his prime (20-25 goals). I would be very happy if he turned into that type of player.
This....

AA has the size and skill to become a top 6 in the NHL.. Great start for a 22 year old 2nd year player. They key now is will he have the consistency to get to the 60-65 point level year in and year out. First, he has to produce 60-65 in a season and then go from there.

All indications this year shows he can get there with solid NHL players in Callahan and Dubinsky on his line.

Wow.. The Rangers seems to be nailing these 2nd round picks with AA and Stepan.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 08:12 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Anisimov could have been one of the defenseman last night in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Thats how good he was reading plays down low.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 02:10 PM
squishy

Just remember guys, he's no better than a solid 3rd line center.

Gordie Clark said so.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote