HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brassard: "our owner doesnt like hockey as much as his father"

Old
11-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Gulvorn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
You're pretty much the only one overreacting from this fan base so far in this thread.
Probably because half of the stuff in this forum is completely made up/baseless claims about players and the team and it becomes annoying to have to quash rumors being spread about what a player said that he never actually said.

Every day there is a new thread about how so and so player said or did something and how they should be out of Columbus. It's kind of out of control and it makes this forum almost unreadable with the extreme negativity and mudslinging.

Gulvorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Rimers stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Um..no? Am I incorrect in thinking that Russians are more outgoing and outspoken in interviews than Canadians?
You mean they answer questions like a normal human being and not a product drone. Seriously, listen to any post-game sporting interview, it's the same five answers recycled (partly because it's the same five recycled questions). I have watched every baseball playoff game this post-season and anytime they interview a pitch post-game he starts by saying, "The goal was to just throw strikes and let our defense do the rest" followed by, "we're taking every game one at a time so i'm only concerned with tomorrow". What a croc of b*ll. We are so scared to hear what these people actually think and believe, it's getting so damn annoying. BTW it doesn't matter if you're Russian/Canadian/American/Chinese/Mexican etc. it's pretty silly to generalize an entire group of people as having diarrhea of the mouth. When's the last time you heard Tyutin's name in the news or even Malkin?

Rimers stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 02:43 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

i updated my post above with a full rough translation and some comments. The main things i take from this is:

brassard needs to keep some things to himself
the new owner likes hockey less than his dad did
attendance is an issue in columbus, and the team feels it, but the team also feels responsible for it because of their performance at home
there are 3 french canadians on the jackets

you guys were double whammied. The OP misrepresented the article, and the article, in typical french-canadian hockey media style, misrepresented the interview. I wouldnt be worrying about the team moving based on this article.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 02:48 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Brass is watching too many Randy Moss interviews.

CBJWennberg41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 03:28 AM
free agent fan

I might add, I know you heard that every years, but for the game I saw this year on center ice Columbus have a bright future. Columbus seem to be a good hockey market, I think it's just the simple fact that the BJ never have great season!

free agent fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:39 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Sorry but Brass did not say anything bad. There is a proverb in Slovakia : robiť somára z komára (make a donkey from a culex). And this is an object-lesson.

To Filatov. Nikita did not say anything bad too. I red original stories about Columbus in Russian. But someone in U.S.A. had to wrest his words. He never said bad about Columbus or Hitch. NEVER!!!

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 06:17 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulvorn View Post
He didn't say that. He said people talk about Columbus in the same way they talk about Florida and Atlanta. He was referring to their bad play and the lack of people showing up to watch them play badly, which he took responsibility for prior to bringing up that subject and took ownership of how the players need to play way better.

If he was talking about relocating he would have said Phoenix. He was talking about the 3 worst teams in the league in the past decade, which have clearly been Florida, Atlanta, and Columbus. Atlanta and Columbus have never won a playoff game and when was the last time Florida was even in the playoffs?
In fact, we just had a conversation on this Board comparing Florida, Atlanta and Phoneix to the Jackets with regard to on-ice performance and attenance. So, a big hello to loyal reader Derick Brassard. And, as pointed out elsewhere, the Panthers haven't made the playoffs as long as the Jackets have existed. The last time they made the playoffs was 1999-00. They have only made the playoffs 3 times and only made it out of the first round the year of their Cup run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Brassard just became Zaius' favorite player.

Not smart kid. Not gonna flip out about it but shoulda shut your mouth.
Unless he starts showing this type of passion on the ice again (there was a time a couple years back when he did), it would probably take a lot for him to supplant Umberger as my current favorite Jacket.

Most of us in the "real world" have to bite our tongue about our bosses, so it is nice to live vicariously through someone who doesn't have to kiss ass.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:13 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post

Most of us in the "real world" have to bite our tongue about our bosses, so it is nice to live vicariously through someone who doesn't have to kiss ass.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:17 AM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

And in other breaking news, the earth is round, water is wet and the sun rises in the east

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
i updated my post above with a full rough translation and some comments. The main things i take from this is:

attendance is an issue in columbus, and the team feels it, but the team also feels responsible for it because of their performance at home

you guys were double whammied. The OP misrepresented the article, and the article, in typical french-canadian hockey media style, misrepresented the interview. I wouldnt be worrying about the team moving based on this article.
Thanks, danishh.

Personally, I hold no ill will toward the Canadian passion for hockey nor French Canadians nor the media, but that doesn't mean that there aren't passionate French Canadian hockey media types who hold ill will toward the newer NHL markets. My guess is it's not personal/anything to do with the market itself as it has to do with "you've got what we want and we don't." I get that. Still, we'll keep our team, thank you.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassé: 11-02-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Double-Shift Lassé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 09:25 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post

Thanks for the help, danishh.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 09:30 AM
5StringBuzz

Just read this thread. Doesn't really seem to be any fire behind all the smoke.

5StringBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 10:20 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Despite this acceptable resume, columbus remains 5th in the central division behind (other teams).
If that's the translation, way to spin that one, Quebec media. We're fifth in a division where all five teams are in the top 8, 10 games into the season. A win tonight & we magically catapult into a tie for second.

(Yes, I know it's nitpicky, but they make us sound like we're 20 points behind Detroit already.)

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Sounds to me Brassard hates Columbus, the NHL, Corvettes and apple pie based on that article... Ridiculous original interpretation of a few harmless words, this is very similar to the Russian media and Filatov drama last year.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 828
Brass keeps finding ways to be my favorite Jacket...

Cyborg Yzerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:19 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

I think a Bobby Knight quote applies:
You're either part of the problem or part of the solution. Which one is it, Brass?!?

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:44 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Both?

Old
11-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Rimers stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulvorn View Post
Basically what I said, which was that a lot of what was said was either taken out of context or just completely inaccurate translation

For future reference, people who don't understand french shouldn't make comments in a thread about how bad the comments are until we have real people translating them. This whole thread is based off lies/inaccuracies
QFTW

Rimers stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 01:29 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

This was posted by "Cobra" on Light the Lamp:

"This past spring I had my 4-year old at skating lessons at Chiller North. Being so little, parents are on the ice with the kids to help. And, lo and behold who was out on the ice with his little boy helping him skate? No other than JP McConnell himself.

I had met the man years ago so I struck up a conversation with him off the ice and he mentioned he also has a step-son who plays hockey in town.

I don't think it's a stretch to say a billionaire NHL owner taking time to be out on the ice with his boy may have a bit of hockey in his veins."

Make of that what you will.

Old
11-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimers stache View Post
You mean they answer questions like a normal human being and not a product drone. Seriously, listen to any post-game sporting interview, it's the same five answers recycled (partly because it's the same five recycled questions). I have watched every baseball playoff game this post-season and anytime they interview a pitch post-game he starts by saying, "The goal was to just throw strikes and let our defense do the rest" followed by, "we're taking every game one at a time so i'm only concerned with tomorrow". What a croc of b*ll. We are so scared to hear what these people actually think and believe, it's getting so damn annoying. BTW it doesn't matter if you're Russian/Canadian/American/Chinese/Mexican etc. it's pretty silly to generalize an entire group of people as having diarrhea of the mouth. When's the last time you heard Tyutin's name in the news or even Malkin?
First of all it was a joke, second of all Russians are known to be more candid in the media and I find it funny that you would even try to dispute or downplay that fact, and thirdly when you are a sports player the boring response is always the best response.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 01:45 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Update from Puck Rakers:

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2010/11...pologize.shtml

Quote:
Blue Jackets center Derick Brassard said he did not sleep well last night, and he woke early this morning. The torment was caused by an interview Brassard gave to Montreal radio station CKAC on Monday evening.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Ar-too

vCash: 1000
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Well done by Brassard here. Profuse, unqualified apologies will serve you well.

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 02:05 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Poor Brass. He did not say anything bad but he had to apologize.

Old
11-02-2010, 02:07 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Sounds to me Brassard hates Columbus, the NHL, Corvettes and apple pie based on that article... Ridiculous original interpretation of a few harmless words, this is very similar to the Russian media and Filatov drama last year.
Not Russian media but American/Canadian media. Either let they pay better translators or do not write about it.

Old
11-02-2010, 02:16 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote