HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Police report

Old
11-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Bunka Gurndeep

vCash: 500
To be fair,

Most cops are understaffed and overworked in Canada. They don't do much for these 'petty' crimes because in reality, they really can't. While 2 cops are tied up doing surveillance or working on catching a couple of criminals who are keying cars, thousands of other criminals are doing far worse.

I know it sucks that it happened to you but you can't expect the world out of an understaffed, underappreciated police officer. Trust me, I know.

Sure there are some bad apples in every force who doesn't give a rats ass about you or your problem, but there are tons of brave men and women out there (I'd say a good 80-90% of them) who joined the force for the right reasons and would love nothing more then to help you out if they could.

Cut it down on the police hate, this is a thread asking for advice, not to bash police

Bunka Gurndeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 05:59 PM
coolasprICE

i love the excuses for "overworked" ...Name me a profession where they are "underworked"... it doesn't exist because everyone that works cries about how they're overworked -- from the cashier at Couche Tard, to the lunch lady selling popsicles at an elementary school

Overworked is cruising around town with your partner, wearing some cheesy fake shades they purchased at Marche Aux Puces ... waiting in line at the Tim Horton's drive thru ... ya... they work hard those guys.

Nurses and hospital workers doing 12 hour shifts are overworked -- changing some alzheimers patients diaper because they forgot how to use the bathroom is work...

cruising around town in your cop car or filing police reports at the station is a relatively easy life.

Last edited by coolasprICE: 11-01-2010 at 06:26 PM.
coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 06:17 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

neo'

you play magic? cuz those are magic cards in your avatar.

where im at right now (winni), you barely ever see any cops. they're all too busy in the north end to try and "prevent" the natives from killing each other.

i also think it's very area specific in Montreal. go in the west and you dont really see this sort of thing.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 06:22 PM
knuck
On and off fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
They won't do ****. When my dad's car got stolen he called the police but they were useless. He found the car himself the next day parked somewhere in the neighborhood and called the police again thinking that they will wait that the thief gets back in the car to arrest him but they just told him to get his car and go home.

They can wait for hours hidden behind a bush or something to catch someone speeding though. $$$$$
yep, they're useless and annoying 90% of the time

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 06:33 PM
OneSharpMarble

They are much too busy hiding behind things trying to get catch you doing 10km over the limit to pursue actual criminals.

Fix the car, park it out front and then either set up a camera or wait. It probably is getting too cold out at night to stand in the shadows so if you could get a motion detecting camera that would turn on when someone walked up to the car you could probably wait inside with the lights off. Baseball bat sounds good, I might go with an aluminum one or a baton myself. Make sure whatever vehicle is out front has a nice loud alarm.

If they put a piece of the glass on your doorstep it is personal and they are coming back, you can be sure of that.

Edit: If it was me though I would say screw all this camera stuff fix my bros car and park my own car across the street, spend a few nights in my car. Hell I might even let them smash it again so I could follow them home.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 07:36 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunka Gurndeep View Post
To be fair,

Most cops are understaffed and overworked in Canada. They don't do much for these 'petty' crimes because in reality, they really can't. While 2 cops are tied up doing surveillance or working on catching a couple of criminals who are keying cars, thousands of other criminals are doing far worse.

I know it sucks that it happened to you but you can't expect the world out of an understaffed, underappreciated police officer. Trust me, I know.

Sure there are some bad apples in every force who doesn't give a rats ass about you or your problem, but there are tons of brave men and women out there (I'd say a good 80-90% of them) who joined the force for the right reasons and would love nothing more then to help you out if they could.

Cut it down on the police hate, this is a thread asking for advice, not to bash police
To be fair it really isn't 80-90%. Yeah I know you hear stories and sometimes the cops are in the right sometimes in the wrong, but 80-90% I have my doubts. More like 60% I'd say, some cops really only give a **** about furthering their career and not you or me. For some people just like anyone its a means to an end and just like a lot of people hate their jobs so do some cops. 80-90%... to me that just sounds ridiculous especially with how many there are who have been doing it for years. A lot of people can't tolerate the same job for more than 5 years. You telling me if they're given free reign to slack off and do nothing that a bunch of them don't? That would just be ignorance, any job I've ever had where employees had it easy 90% of them were slackers.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 07:37 PM
HomaridII

I will add my two cents here even though I have nothing new to add ...

My building's garage has been vandalised twice in a year, both times with over 10 cars getting broken into and having things stolen from them. Both times the police has told us they would do nothing about it to our face.

Do your report, but expect absolutely nothing from Montreal cops, that is my experience anyways.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 07:43 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
They are much too busy hiding behind things trying to get catch you doing 10km over the limit to pursue actual criminals.

Fix the car, park it out front and then either set up a camera or wait. It probably is getting too cold out at night to stand in the shadows so if you could get a motion detecting camera that would turn on when someone walked up to the car you could probably wait inside with the lights off. Baseball bat sounds good, I might go with an aluminum one or a baton myself. Make sure whatever vehicle is out front has a nice loud alarm.

If they put a piece of the glass on your doorstep it is personal and they are coming back, you can be sure of that.

Edit: If it was me though I would say screw all this camera stuff fix my bros car and park my own car across the street, spend a few nights in my car. Hell I might even let them smash it again so I could follow them home.
Like I said 90% of them were hired purely for the purpose of being a traffic cop. It isn't me trying to be mean, it's the truth. Traffic cops bring back money into the system, cops who catch bad guys do a lot of the time too but it isn't nearly as direct as the results of speeding tickets.

Not saying all of them are scum or anything, some of them do genuinely care and want to help. I just don't think it's as many as people think. Come quota time you'll get some ******** tickets where they embellish a lot. I've heard of some crazy instances where cops gave people tickets for blowing a stop sign when they did a full stop or close enough, stops you would never hear about people being stopped for. Half these guys their criminal busts are a bunch of kids smoking pot in a parking lot or underage drinking in the park after hours. They're honestly not really doing anything all that great. I agree the investigators who track down murderers are doing something and I respect that, with how few lives are taken from speeding though the speed limits on the road are ludicrous and so are the penalties associated with speeding. It's just another way for the government to tax us and by hiring all these traffic cops we pay higher taxes when in reality they aren't even needed and it's just a clever way for the government to make more money and give more people jobs stimulating the economy.

It's really down right ridiculous you see way too many traffic cops now a days and for what, I hear of some idiot killing himself or other people due to speeding one time in a year where as drunk drivers I hear about all the damn time and all it takes is to staff cops in the evening so they can setup road blocks and that would be eliminated. Instead we have all these day time cops wasting my tax dollars sitting outside tim hortons doing jack all, and don't tell me it isn't true because my girlfriend manages a Tim Hortons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
neo'

you play magic? cuz those are magic cards in your avatar.

where im at right now (winni), you barely ever see any cops. they're all too busy in the north end to try and "prevent" the natives from killing each other.

i also think it's very area specific in Montreal. go in the west and you dont really see this sort of thing.
LOL no not anymore but Moen made me this bad ass avatar out of magic cards. I like the Price one especially its really done well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
They won't do ****. When my dad's car got stolen he called the police but they were useless. He found the car himself the next day parked somewhere in the neighborhood and called the police again thinking that they will wait that the thief gets back in the car to arrest him but they just told him to get his car and go home.

They can wait for hours hidden behind a bush or something to catch someone speeding though. $$$$$
In their defense my aunts car got stolen and they actually found it... but it needed some repairs LOL.

Honestly though with all the cops I see in public places its a wonder that in a mall it got stolen when there's at least 3-4 cops around there at all times.

Old
11-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Bunka Gurndeep

I guess I should clarify...

I have no experience whatsoever with the cops in Montreal, or Quebec for that matter. Actually, the one run-in I had with them was actually quite negative. My brother was driving in Montreal and we came to a sign with the left arrow and a green circle around it. Not being from the Island and the instructions only in French below, we made a right turn. The cop pulled us over and first refused to speak in English. Once he did finally all he said was "when you come to a different COUNTRY you learn the rules of the road".

I live and work in Rural Alberta in a town about 20 minutes from Calgary and our Police out here is the RCMP. Our local RCMP police an area about 200 square kilometres large and they are lucky if they have two people working in a night for that entire area. They have no partners and ride alone to most calls (terrifying). I have a good friend who works for them and the horror stories I hear are insane.

I have the utmost respect for these overworked police officers out here who work 12 hour shifts with no backup and do not have the luxery of having someone else do their paperwork for them. My friend tells me it's 8-10 hours of paperwork for a single drunk driver.

Thought I should clarify that, I'm not talking about city police in Montreal.

Bunka Gurndeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 08:23 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Like I said 90% of them were hired purely for the purpose of being a traffic cop. It isn't me trying to be mean, it's the truth. Traffic cops bring back money into the system, cops who catch bad guys do a lot of the time too but it isn't nearly as direct as the results of speeding tickets.

Not saying all of them are scum or anything, some of them do genuinely care and want to help. I just don't think it's as many as people think. Come quota time you'll get some ******** tickets where they embellish a lot. I've heard of some crazy instances where cops gave people tickets for blowing a stop sign when they did a full stop or close enough, stops you would never hear about people being stopped for. Half these guys their criminal busts are a bunch of kids smoking pot in a parking lot or underage drinking in the park after hours. They're honestly not really doing anything all that great. I agree the investigators who track down murderers are doing something and I respect that, with how few lives are taken from speeding though the speed limits on the road are ludicrous and so are the penalties associated with speeding. It's just another way for the government to tax us and by hiring all these traffic cops we pay higher taxes when in reality they aren't even needed and it's just a clever way for the government to make more money and give more people jobs stimulating the economy.

It's really down right ridiculous you see way too many traffic cops now a days and for what, I hear of some idiot killing himself or other people due to speeding one time in a year where as drunk drivers I hear about all the damn time and all it takes is to staff cops in the evening so they can setup road blocks and that would be eliminated. Instead we have all these day time cops wasting my tax dollars sitting outside tim hortons doing jack all, and don't tell me it isn't true because my girlfriend manages a Tim Hortons.
It really makes you wonder if these leinient laws reguarding drunk drivers is only to keep these losers on the roads creating hazards. You can kill someone and have your license back in a year or just drive without a license no one stopping you. Some guys have had multiple arrests for DUI and still have a license no jail time.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Nedved

Quote:
My office is located inside an adult ed building. Basically we bought our office in a completely open building and then a school came in and bought the entire building. As you can probably imagine this is a nightmare for the people who work at my office because there's very little parking and we're the ones who have the nicest cars in the lot. Not trying to be cocky, everyone knows I drive a civic, my dad drives an accord v6, so anyone whose read the car thread knows I'm not trying to say I'm some baller driving an escalade. But the quality of... human being that goes to this school is questionable to say the least. There are many reasons I say this, not to generalize on all the students because some are nice, but it's a school for people who are basically socially inept. It teaches people who can't even get a minimum wage job how to get one. It's actually considered a CEGEP in reality but it's really more of a post secondary for the socially inept kind of school. (Immigrants who only speak French but who don't understand what socially acceptable behavior is in Canada essentially)

It isn't even funny though how bad it is. My cars been keyed twice and I've never once been rude to anyone or anything. Always hold the door for people and none of them even say thank you. I don't have high expectations I really don't, not like I'm saying "your welcome *********" when the person doesn't say anything. Never had any confrontational situations with anyone there really and my car gets keyed twice.

My secretary has had her car scratched up a bit too and stupid little punks leaning against her Venza. It's really pretty damn rude if you ask me. Anyways there have been an occasion or two where we've had to ask them to get away from our cars, always polite when we have though and those times all happened AFTER our cars had been ****ed with never before, or else I really wouldn't care enough to even check.

We also only have 5 parking spots, but with only 4 employees ever here at a time (we have road technicians, my boss is always at client locations, the three secretaries all work different shifts, morning, midday, afternoon/evening and only 2 of their shifts overlap)

So we have usually only 2-3 spots in use at a time, 4 at most though. We need that fifth for if a client or somebody we do business with comes by, or else they'd have no where to park.

There are big signs that say clear as day that these 5 spots are reserved. Not only are they obvious but they're in the same section the teachers parking spots are in, in fact they're in the most convenient section of the teacher parking. The school administration has really be awesome in making it as easy a transition as possible being in their building, so I don't blame them. But the students are borderline retarded socially. They don't understand simple things like common sense.

Example people park in our spots all the time, even when they've been coming to this school a long time, their excuse usually is "sorry couldn't find any other parking". Personally I couldn't give a **** if you had to park 10 miles down the road, it's not really my problem, but obviously I'm polite about it anyways because really I don't need to give them a reason to **** my car up even more.

We eventually had to start blocking them in though because really these people don't learn. I remember one time my boss gets in, all the spots are taken. There's some guy in the passenger seat studying and he just doesn't get it, you're in our parking spot GTFO. Keys in the ignition so obviously my boss told the guy get out of my spot. He says it isn't his car so he told him get the person, the person is in class. Well use your head you're in another persons parking spot and there's a sign at eye level that says it is.

Another time I come in and my spot is taken. I'm the one here for the largest portion of the day 8 hours. Whenever this happens now my company asks me to go park them in. This happens maybe once a month now, I have to go park some retard in because they're too stupid to read a sign either that or they just don't care. You wouldn't believe the kind of socially inept retards we have coming to this place, you really honestly wouldn't believe it. The kinds of things we all learn as a child these people don't learn. Please... thank you... common sense stuff like if you're blocking an entrance and somebody is walking towards you, to get out of their way. People not holding doors for other people but then not saying thank you when doors are held for them. Don't get me wrong I don't expect you to be like "THANK YOU SO MUCH! GOD YOU MADE MY DAY!" but at least be curtious enough to acknowledge their existence.

Funniest thing is they always smoke by the entrance too, I get it, it's an adult ed filled with people who couldn't even finish high school in our country if they tried, we aren't talking about a high class of people. They're people who have been for the most part rejected from society already. I remember the other day two girls were in the parking lot smoking, these are two of the more normal looking females I've seen around the school. This one guy whose like twice their age was practically eye ****** them. I was going to head inside and the guy gets to the door before I do, instead of going in stops, eye ***** them the entire time, after a few seconds I realize what he's doing and I just go in myself. I'm standing at the elevator and by the time it comes down and I get in the guy is still eye ****** them.

We're talking two normal every day girls, I mean for that school they might be two of the hottest but they're really you're typical average girl, nothing to write home about. The guy was staring like it was a strip tease or something. Back to the point about the smoking though, these kids they smoke all around the entrances, on every corner, anyways I'm inhaling their disgusting second hand smoke all the time, don't get me wrong it's not that big a deal to me, but the funny part is coming up. I have a stock audio system, I pull in to my spot and they're smoking there like usual. I'm playing it the loudest it goes but with the windows closed. These slackers are outside smoking and have the audacity before the song is even over to tell me to turn it down. Fyi I'm right next door to the biggest cop hang out in the west island. In the mornings they all go to this one breakfast place and are literally parked mere feet from me. I haven't once had a complaint from the cops or the staff of the school about listening to music loud in the parking lot and I do it nearly every day when I get to work a bit early, listen to one or two songs. We're talking at the very most 10 minutes. One of the chain smokers knocks on my window and asks me to turn it down. Don't get me wrong she wasn't rude about it, it's just funny though. The audacity some people have that they complain about my max 3 minutes of noise "pollution" when they're arguably killing me with their smoke pollution. I mean really if it were me when I was a smoker I'd shut the **** up or go to the side of the building where I'm not blaring music. Windows were all closed and its a stock sound system. We aren't talking about 2x12" Alpine Subs + 1000W 4 channel Alpine amp with 4 pioneer speakers and ****... jeeze. I just found it was in really poor taste, the chain smokers who butch their rigs out on the ground and who smoke up a storm complaining about me finishing a song at max volume in a car with an average everyday stock audio system.

In short: File a report, they're ****ing tools and you should probably even setup a camera. My dad did at his condo complex cause some ****ing wad kept putting his trash out 30 minutes after trash came, then it sits there in their perfect little condo community for a week cause the dumbass can't get off his ass 30 minutes earlier when the trash truck comes. Some people are just such ****ing retards it really isn't even funny. They supposedly have an IQ of around 100 but with how little they care about anyone but themselves it's a wonder they even get anywhere in life. They had one tenant at some point who would leave their trash on the balcony of the person who lives below them
I can see why you would be upset with the parking. ha. having said that, you seem to be the one who just doesn't get it.

It's like you really think you are better than those people, and that they are below you. For all you know maybe someone they knew died in grade 12, couldn't handle it and are going back to school now. maybe they were sick as a kid, had cancer, now have recovered and are going back to school. maybe they didn't take maths/sciences in high school graduated with an arts degree couldn't find a job they wanted and now are back to take sciences. maybe some had abusive parents and their concern wasn't getting the next assignment done, but was rather to avoid the next beating.

oh yeah, playing music loudly in a car is only acceptable when the car is full and has at least 3 passengers in it that are intoxicated.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 09:24 PM
The Chef*

Cops are ****ing useless in this city.

Some stupid teenage kid went into my garage trying to steal some stuff, my dad heard noise and checked it out. He saw the kid and asked him what he was doing the kid said he was hanging out (in my garage, wtf?), called the cops, and the cops said to let the kid go (breaking and entering is legal apparently if you're a minor) and interrogated my dad to see if he touched him he'd get arrested for assaulting a minor. Couple weeks later my dad got a ticket for going 57 in a 50 zone.

Cops only care about hiding in bus booths with speed detector guns.

I've seen cops turn on their sirens just to pass a red countless times. Cops going way over the speed limit, doing illegal u-turns, **** I even saw a cop talking on a cellphone the other day. They don't care about public safety, they just do whatever the want.

Last edited by The Chef*: 11-01-2010 at 09:30 PM.
The Chef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Habs13

My sister's car and my brother in law's truck were both vandalized a few weeks back and the cops did nothing... one of the many, many reasons I hate cops. They are as useless as **** on a bull but the second you do something to get back and the people ****ing with you, they'll arrested YOU! Anyway... ummm, over share, hehe.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:01 PM
mapes

Yeah the camera thing doesnt work. My gf's car got scratched and her sisters boyfriends car got smashed.They smashed his front window open and dented all the hood in.We called the cops to let them know we had the people on camera that did it and they came to the house 3 hours later and reviewed the tape. We told them we saw the guy that did it walk up to the house up the road. They went up there to the house and of course the parents say no one was there. The cops came back and said to keep an eye out for them and if we see the guy again to call them. So we see him several more times and each time we call the cops. It takes them atleast 2 hours to get here. SO once again they go to the house and they cant go in. The cop calls my house the other day and leaves a message and says the case is closed until WE find any more information on this guy. Isnt that there job? They have a copy of the tape with the guy on it,shouldnt that be there job to figure out who it is. Oh well atleast we know now that the police do nothing so we will deal with it on our own this time. That really sucks about your brothers car,I hope you find out who did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post

mapes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:15 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
It's made me paranoid. I've walked outside my house and look around 2 times since 11pm. I hope I catch the guy one day.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 12:36 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
It's made me paranoid. I've walked outside my house and look around 2 times since 11pm. I hope I catch the guy one day.
i'm the same way since i was robbed a few years back. Everytime i come home i make sure i don't see anyone suspicious around my house. Once i get in I always look at one specific thing (my xbox) to make sure it's still there.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 09:20 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
I can see why you would be upset with the parking. ha. having said that, you seem to be the one who just doesn't get it.

It's like you really think you are better than those people, and that they are below you. For all you know maybe someone they knew died in grade 12, couldn't handle it and are going back to school now. maybe they were sick as a kid, had cancer, now have recovered and are going back to school. maybe they didn't take maths/sciences in high school graduated with an arts degree couldn't find a job they wanted and now are back to take sciences. maybe some had abusive parents and their concern wasn't getting the next assignment done, but was rather to avoid the next beating.

oh yeah, playing music loudly in a car is only acceptable when the car is full and has at least 3 passengers in it that are intoxicated.
Dude I think that's you, because I've said from the start it's a school that basically teaches people social interaction/behavior. I don't know how much more clear about that I can be. It's for people that are either 1st generation immigrants or inept socially. I don't feel they're below me, I feel the actions that some of them do lack common sense and common courtesy and as a result I feel that those specific people are below me.

And I think I can tell the difference between a person who is severely disabled, has had a stroke then a person who is just plain inconsiderate and lacks common sense. Like I already said this isn't your typical Adult Ed, I've been to a typical Adult Ed, many of the people who went there were actually very smart. I met this guy in Adult Ed who was an immigrant from Cambodia, the guy was a borderline genius. He could barely speak English and he basically taught me math 436. I'm not trying to say all immigrants or stupid, or that all people who go to adult ed are stupid, far from it. But this is a school designed for people who are socially intept. 90% of the classes are teaching people about social interactions and what is acceptable behavior and not... you can't possibly be trying to say that's because somebody dropped out in grade 11 cause of a death in the family that they'd end up here. Even regardless I did say about 5% of the students aren't like that and just happen to be here for courses unrelated to that. All I'm saying is those people are in the minority. For the most part the rest of the people here are annoying, inconsiderate ****** bags. I've had my car keyed twice, a co-worker has dings all over the side of her car that somebody used a pen to make. They park in our spots, they park in the teachers spots. They just lack common sense really. Thing is it's almost always the same stupid people. Like I said though this isn't a normal adult ed/continuing education/cegep, it's for people who can't cut it in our society. One of the guys already threatened to murder the janitor because he lost his keys somewhere and the janitor couldn't find them for him. I know the building janitor, he's actually a really nice guy. He's an immigrant from as well and hardly speaks English and he's a very nice hard working guy. He's had his life threatened twice over stupid things, some of the students actually tried to attack him while the place was closed last week too. (He's the night time clean up guy)

Thankfully the doors were locked and he called the cops and it was taken care of.

These are people most of whom haven't been able to cut it in our society for a reason. This isn't your typical cegep or adult ed. If you think it makes me smug in saying that 95% of the students here really are inept socially, when in reality that's why they're here and it shows in their behavior, then for your sake I apologize for coming off that way, but really I'm just calling it how I see it. I'm not trying to say I'm better because they go to adult ed, I've been to adult ed. I'm saying I'm better because some of the behavior I see around here is shameful, in the cases of those specific people. (Which for the most part is most of them)

Old
11-02-2010, 10:34 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post

he never said he was above them. When you take someone's parking spot, you're in the wrong, clear as day.

and about people not getting out of the ****ing way while walking, at vanier it seems everyone has this problem. Just completely retarded when it comes to the simple act of walking and NOT stopping dead in the middle of the hallway or stair case all of a sudden. Whatever, i try to avoid running into the idiots best i can, but if a few times i 'miss' () they'll atleast remember it next time (i'm an ex bouncer, so very big) when they get sent flying.

Old
11-02-2010, 11:11 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
he never said he was above them. When you take someone's parking spot, you're in the wrong, clear as day.

and about people not getting out of the ****ing way while walking, at vanier it seems everyone has this problem. Just completely retarded when it comes to the simple act of walking and NOT stopping dead in the middle of the hallway or stair case all of a sudden. Whatever, i try to avoid running into the idiots best i can, but if a few times i 'miss' () they'll atleast remember it next time (i'm an ex bouncer, so very big) when they get sent flying.
LOL awesome. Yeah you would think a guy of your stature would make them use braincell #1 and #2 in order to get the **** out of the way.

It's funny because that also happens to me on the road all the time. Yesterday when merging onto the highway I noticed a big back log of cars... then I even see some cars ahead choosing to go back onto the service road at the last minute. Didn't think much of it just thought it was traffic. Finally as cars start merging over the white line (LOL) I get up there and there's some old man and his wife totally oblivious doing 40km/h in the merging lane. Luckily for him it was one of those merges where the lane doesn't disappear and continues on to the next exit.

What a god damn moron 40km/h merging. I understand he's old but I honestly felt like going around him and stopping if it weren't for the fact that when I looked at him he appeared to be in his own world. 40km/h merging... like we were already half way to the next exit by the time I went around him, it's a short gap but come on. Usually I'm trying to get back down to 60 in time for the service road... this guys already going 40.... unreal.

Old
11-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I won't get into details but long story short, there has been two occurances of vandalism(on 3 new-newish cars) within 3-4 month span(the second was this morning). They occured in front of my house. We didn't file a report the first time, thinking it was a random event but now it's pretty clear someone's targeting us. My question is, now when we file a police report, will they investigate and treat it as a repeat offense or will they treat it like a single event? I'm 99.999999% sure it's not a halloween thing either, so no point in mentioning it.
They have no proof that the guy who did it the second time is the same that did it the first time. However, you will need to tell them who you think could want to target you, and open a closet you probably wanted to stay closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunka Gurndeep View Post
To be fair,

Euh.... no. Like firemen, policemen earn way to much for the work they do.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 11:29 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
you might get flamed for this.

see what i did there?

Old
11-02-2010, 11:43 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Yeah but in all honesty the fireman training makes the police tech training look like a walk in the park. I had a friend who wanted to be a fire fighter. Honestly it is true though, they basically sit around waiting for fires that never happen all day.

Thing is when those fires do come, they wouldn't be able to help us if it weren't for that training.

Old
11-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Yeah but in all honesty the fireman training makes the police tech training look like a walk in the park. I had a friend who wanted to be a fire fighter. Honestly it is true though, they basically sit around waiting for fires that never happen all day.

Thing is when those fires do come, they wouldn't be able to help us if it weren't for that training.
They do more than just wait around for fires... they're also first on the scene when accidents happen... which is often. Big city firefighters have very busy days, but they get paid more than small towns as well. (still not that well paid)

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 11:48 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
They do more than just wait around for fires... they're also first on the scene when accidents happen... which is often. Big city firefighters have very busy days, but they get paid more than small towns as well. (still not that well paid)
haven't they recently turned all firefighters into first responders? i remember someone telling me that.

Old
11-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Firemen would tell you they should get paid more. Especially big city firemen, and rightfully so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
haven't they recently turned all firefighters into first responders? i remember someone telling me that.
Yeah, they are. So they get more calls than people would think. They don't sit around all day.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote