HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Loktionov to Manchester

Old
11-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Cook24

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Parse> Purcell. You'll see. Purcell only has 1 goal in 10 games, and playing with good linemates too.

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Parse > Purcell FOR SURE. Parse at least has some physical aspect to his game.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 03:54 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ean View Post
The press box might be a good place.

Or maybe some can explain why we need him?

Maybe not the ideal wing pairs for Kopi, but please keep Parse off of there until he proves he belongs.
... The question is - what has Parse NOT done to show he belongs? He only played 10 1/2 minutes a game last season, and still got 24 points in 59 games (with no time on the PP) and finished +13, with the second-highest shooting percentage on the team. He blocked shots and had nearly a hit a game. If you're looking at pure production on a minute-per-minute basis, you could make an argument that Parse was the most effective forward on the team last season. It's an absolute no-brainer to plug this guy into the lineup on a regular basis. He's more than earned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
However with regards to Loktionov/Simmonds, that's not a fair assessment as Simmonds doesn't,, and I don't believe has ever, played left wing. I get ur point about earning the spot, but insinuating Simmonds got snubbed there is innacurate.
... So, Simmonds can't play at RW with Brown moving over to LW? Brown's done this before, played on the off-wing. Who's to say a line like that wouldn't work? What wouldn't that line have? Well, I'll tell you what it would have - it would have two guys who can keep up with Kopitar speed-wise, two guys who are physical and good defensive players, and two of the three guys (Parse being the other) who led the team in even-strength point production last season on a per-minute basis.

Two lines up front like Brown-Kopitar-Simmonds and Smyth-Stoll-Williams would definitely put some numbers on the scoreboard, if the staff had enough sense to give it a shot.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 03:55 PM
AStammer7*

Lokti Back To Manchester &%*^&*(^^!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Parse> Purcell. You'll see. Purcell only has 1 goal in 10 games, and playing with good linemates too.
I thought Andrei Loktionov played pretty well and deserved to stay in LA. However his longterm success was being affected by playing fewer and fewer minutes each and every game...Down in Manchester he'll get first line duty and PP time. Hope he plays with Moller and either Holloway or King...Andrei will be back...in a hurry I'm thinking...As for Parse he should be no more than trade bait...I think Kopitar needs a physical LW that can provide space or a scoring threat that will take the heat off him...What about Linus Videll or Robert Nilsson? They could be a short term remedy... As for sending BSchenn back to juniors...that doesn't make a lot of sense...Clifford maybe but not Schenn...Lewis is only being kept around because he is fast...and Westgarth well that's self explanatory!!! In the CHL, I'm hoping the Kings get a chance at Matt Puempel,Sven Bartschi,Lucal Lessio...Christ knows the Kings need to focus on LW'ers for 2011 Draft...and two of them would be great,especially in a LW and Defense heavy draft...

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Cook24

Feed the hype! Bring it Parse!

Old
11-02-2010, 04:08 PM
CNS
A World Alone

MOTHER. ****ER!

<3 Lokti. Loved seeing him with the big boys. Going to miss him. Now send down Clifford.

Not sold on Parse. Still too inconsistent.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 04:19 PM
bretzky29ca*

Brandon and Barrie fans collectively start to panic.

bretzky29ca* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 04:31 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... So, Simmonds can't play at RW with Brown moving over to LW? Brown's done this before, played on the off-wing. Who's to say a line like that wouldn't work? What wouldn't that line have? Well, I'll tell you what it would have - it would have two guys who can keep up with Kopitar speed-wise, two guys who are physical and good defensive players, and two of the three guys (Parse being the other) who led the team in even-strength point production last season on a per-minute basis.

Two lines up front like Brown-Kopitar-Simmonds and Smyth-Stoll-Williams would definitely put some numbers on the scoreboard, if the staff had enough sense to give it a shot.
Brown has openly said he doesn't feel comfortable on the LW. (I'm searching for the quote... it was at the end of the 2008-2009 season, just before we got Smyth.... Brown said he would do it, but didn't like, didn't feel comfortable, etc)

Also, if memory serves, he played by far his worst hockey on the LW. You can't just switch around guys positions just for fun. Not everyone easily adapts to different forward positions.

Its why Richie never gets penciled in on the RW, even though he can easily adapt to LW and C, RW just doesn't suit him or his game. Same with Brown on the left. Sure you could do it, but that doesn't mean it will work.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

It was a waste having him up if he was not going to play. Great for him to get the early experience, now time for him to get some confidence dominating the AHL level and add some strength.

He was good on the power play when the ice opened up and there was more time but at even strength he still looked lost at times. Patient player with good skills but I'd say Schenn is more ready for primetime and there isn't much sense carrying both, especially with the options being Loktionov to the AHL or Schenn back to WHL.

Andrew Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 04:58 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
geeeezzzzzzzzz don't push it......................

You know Lombardi is able to do that.

Purcel has 6 points in 10 games so far.
I expect him to break out next season and of course no one in the Kings organisation
would be responsible for that because there were no signs he can do that.
And the worst shooting % on the Lightning, and he's a plus 2 with 4 hits in those 10 games. Which means the reasons that the Kings traded him (he carried the puck too much and had such terrible shot selection that he doesn't belong in the top 6, and he's very mediocre defensively and not physical enough to play in the bottom 6) are still valid and he hasn't changed as a player or gotten smarter with the puck. He's still the same Purcell that had a ton of potential but could never put it all together that used to frustrate us.

As far as Loki goes... I agree with Danny. Schenn fits better in the role we need one of them in, and there's no reason to keep Loki if he won't play.

Loki-Elkins-Kozun?

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:03 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Found the quote... not quite what I remember but the point is there:

http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/200...ings-need.html

Quote:
Question: If Dean Lombardi comes to you and asks you what this team needs in order to improve, what do you tell him?

BROWN: ``From a personnel standpoint right now, what sticks out in my mind is left wing. I'm playing left wing, and I have no problem playing left wing, but I think Terry prefers me on right wing. I've played the last 15 games or so on the left, and it has definitely taken some time to get adjusted to. We also had Zeus (Michal Handzus) playing left wing, and he's a natural center. He's been one of our better centers this year and he's great on faceoffs. He was playing left wing for five or six games. We got rid of Cammy (Michael Cammalleri) last year, and with Sully (Patrick O'Sullivan) getting dealt at the deadline this year, it feels like, from a personnel standpoint or a positional standpoint, it's left wing.''

Old
11-02-2010, 05:06 PM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... The question is - what has Parse NOT done to show he belongs? He only played 10 1/2 minutes a game last season, and still got 24 points in 59 games (with no time on the PP) and finished +13, with the second-highest shooting percentage on the team. He blocked shots and had nearly a hit a game. If you're looking at pure production on a minute-per-minute basis, you could make an argument that Parse was the most effective forward on the team last season. It's an absolute no-brainer to plug this guy into the lineup on a regular basis. He's more than earned it.

JT, Brown can't play LW. I know you love your stats, but for this one you'd just have to watch the games (and I'm not saying you didn't). I just remember always feeling that Brown was out of place watching him play on the left side. Plus, when he's on the left, he tries his drop-puck-behind-and-pull-forward-through-legs move WAY too much.

And for any of those asking, "what has Parse done to deserve the spot?" I reply with what has Loktionov done? Nothing. He's a skilled player given a chance where we have an opening. Richardson hasn't done much either, IMO. Yes, he scored three goals against Colorado and he hustles like he'll never play hockey again, but he's yet to show a consistent scoring touch.

Like JT pointed out, Parse put up solid numbers in very limited time. Beyond the stats, I think Parse has a natural nose for the net and has a pass/shoot tendency very similar to Kopitar's (that is, not consistently a passer or a shooter, but an even mixture of the two based on the situation).

My only complaint would be throwing Parse on the first line Thursday. He either needs a few games in Manchester, or some 3rd/4th line time to get up to speed with the NHL game. My biggest fear now is he's not NHL game-ready yet and will be viewed as another failed attempt at 1st line LW before he gets a legitimate chance.

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:11 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

I will be terribly surprised if they don't take advantage of a conditioning assignment for Parse... which it looks like they aren't going to.

I don't see the harm... can't it only be beneficial to get him some (relatively) meaningless to the Kings playing time? Its not like we NEED Parse to win on Thursday.

Old
11-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
I will be terribly surprised if they don't take advantage of a conditioning assignment for Parse... which it looks like they aren't going to.
I don't get it either

Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
I'd rather have Parse in the lineup in place of Loktionov regardless of which line Scott is placed upon. However I do not particularly like the idea of placing him straight on line #1 right out of the gate. I know he's sick but I'd like to see Poni given a go, even if only for a night or two against a weaker club.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Cook24

Parse has been skating for almost two weeks now. No conditioning assignment needed. He might have some cobwebs the first game or two, but no different than every other player at the beginning of the season.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/11/02/parses-big-return/

Old
11-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I'm partial to Scotty Parcel

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:23 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
Found the quote... not quite what I remember but the point is there:

http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/200...ings-need.html
dont mean to be a ***** but that quote only says that the position takes getting used to, not that he cant or doesnt want to. but maybe hes one of those guys who wont say he doesnt want to because hes a good teammate, i dunno.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:26 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I'm partial to Scotty Parcel
That's my dogs name.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:27 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
dont mean to be a ***** but that quote only says that the position takes getting used to, not that he cant or doesnt want to. but maybe hes one of those guys who wont say he doesnt want to because hes a good teammate, i dunno.
That's why I said its not exactly what I remember.

I do believe he is mostly being a good teammate/captain. It would be bad for him to ***** about it in a prima donna way. Brown is the type of guy who will do whatever you ask of him with a smile on his face.

There has to be a good reason that out of his entire pro career, he has been placed on left wing only for a little while and only because the Kings completely lacked any natural LWs other than Fro at the time.

Old
11-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Parse has been skating for almost two weeks now. No conditioning assignment needed. He might have some cobwebs the first game or two, but no different than every other player at the beginning of the season.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/11/02/parses-big-return/
How quickly you forget Jim Fox's rant about being in game shape.

"From the standpoint of pigs in a blanket
You can skate all you want in practice and extra but nothing can get you in game shape except playing the game"

Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Cook24

If Parse has the puck in the slot off a feed from Kopitar, you can count on the puck going in.

Old
11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Lanius

Expected move. This is Scott Parse's big chance right here. Has some things going for him: a tad bit more experience, passing ability, put up points last season playing the bottom six, so there's still some upside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I'm still voting that Schenn goes back and Clifford stays:

Schenn needs to work on his defensive game and playing 4th line minutes won't cut it.
It's arguable, and would be surprising. Doesn't make sense to me, since Schenn has been an established complete player at the Junior level for the past three years, and hasn't been a liability at the NHL level. Only game I could pick out where he was a bit lazy was against Minny. Coincidently he was scratched for the next game, then came back after that. Clifford's the one on the bubble, it can go either way. The last few games he's shown improvement, playing the way he should play.

Lanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:44 PM
DeeMeck

Richardson can always fill in if he loses his legs near the end of the game.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 05:48 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
JT, Brown can't play LW. I just remember always feeling that Brown was out of place watching him play on the left side.
Quote:
Also, if memory serves, he played by far his worst hockey on the LW. You can't just switch around guys positions just for fun. Not everyone easily adapts to different forward positions.
... OK, first off JDM, there's no need to be condescending about this. I'm not advocating switching Brown to the LW for fun or for ****s and giggles. This is about getting three guys into the lineup who may complement one another, getting three guys who deserve the chance to be in the top 6 the opportunity to play on a top line together without breaking up the line that's on fire. Is that a bad thing?

So, Brown mentioned that it took him some time to get adjusted to LW. That's a bit of a no-brainer, wouldn't you think??? Of course there's going to be an adjustment period. And no, he didn't play well in terms of point production in those 15 games. But - we're talking about 15 games here, 15 games that the team played out of the playoff race, 15 games where the team was simply playing out the string.

Brown in the month of March:

March, 2008 -- 14 games, 4 goals, 8 points, -5, 7.7% shooting
March, 2009 -- 15 games, 1 goal, 5 points, -6, 2.4% shooting
March, 2010 -- 15 games, 3 goals, 4 points, -9, 7.7% shooting

In each season, March was Brown's worst month, whether he was moved to another position or not - so how much stock can you put in that kind of sample size?

I'd rather give Brown another chance at LW, see what Simmonds can do for the dynamic of that line, and go with three deserving guys rather than bumping up Richardson, who really doesn't belong on a top line in the NHL; or Parse, who is just starting his season now. No solution at this point is going to be without question marks, is it? Why not go with your best players?

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote