HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida picks up Shields

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 09:49 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Florida picks up Shields

So now that Florida picked up Shields, Does that mean that Valiquette will ned to clear wiavers to be sent down? Can we pick him back up?

Old
10-05-2003, 09:59 AM
nikeisevil

Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
We should get Dudley to trade him back for future considerations

Old
10-05-2003, 10:19 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
So now that Florida picked up Shields, Does that mean that Valiquette will ned to clear wiavers to be sent down? Can we pick him back up?
That's my understanding, although to send him to Toronto he'd still have to clear for us too I think.

Old
10-05-2003, 11:23 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
That's my understanding, although to send him to Toronto he'd still have to clear for us too I think.

ahhhh touche..

Old
10-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Actually, come to think of it there might be a rule preventing a team taking back a player they had lost in the waiver draft for the remainder of that season. Not sure... someone else look it up.

Old
10-05-2003, 11:45 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Isn't that only when it's involving trades though.

10-05-2003, 11:49 AM
PigeonCamera

Quote:
Actually, come to think of it there might be a rule preventing a team taking back a player they had lost in the waiver draft for the remainder of that season. Not sure... someone else look it up.
I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure that a team can pick up a player that they've lost on waivers. I almost remember something about them having first dibs in fact.

The Oilers did this with a player that they lost to the Leafs...I think it was Ralph Intranouvo...somebody will probably correct me if I'm wrong.

Old
10-05-2003, 12:15 PM
M00se

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_85
I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure that a team can pick up a player that they've lost on waivers. I almost remember something about them having first dibs in fact.

The Oilers did this with a player that they lost to the Leafs...I think it was Ralph Intranouvo...somebody will probably correct me if I'm wrong.

From what I understan you are correct the Oilers would have first crack at him. This actually happened last year with Druken. I may not have it exactly right but basically he was first traded Carolina. THen Car sent him down and Toronto picked him up. Toronto then sent him down allowing Carolina to pick him up again.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old
10-05-2003, 12:16 PM
M00se

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_85

From what I understand you are correct, the Oilers would have first crack at him and he would be able to be sent directly to Toronto. I heard an interview with KP on the radio a couple days ago that was to that effect. This actually happened last year with Druken. I may not have it exactly right but basically he was first traded Carolina. Then Car sent him down and Toronto picked him up. Toronto then sent him down allowing Carolina to pick him up again.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old
10-05-2003, 01:30 PM
igor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
Article 13.22 through 13.37 covers the waiver draft. Its not very long, less than two pages, so I had a quick read through.

It seems clear that the Oilers could claim him off waivers if FLA puts him there, but they would NOT have first dibs. They would fax in there request ... and the pecking order is the same as the waiver draft if anyone else wants him.

An interesting quirk though ... if the Oilers take him back the claiming fee would be about a third of what they were paid by FLA. (50%, and paid in CAD).

Old
10-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Allan

Quote:
I can't quote the rule, but if you are referring to the one which screwed McAmmond over last year, the rule only applies to players traded within the 72 hours preceding the waiver draft.

Closed Thread