HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anisimov's Upside

Old
11-02-2010, 06:56 PM
nyr2417

vCash: 500
anisimov just wreaks of confidence this year. last year he was kind of soft and a little hesitant in every aspect of the game. This year he is not afraid to throw the body, go to the net hard, and even throw face washes around after plays. The guy is a completely new player and is awesome. I currently own 3 rangers jerseys staal dubi and cally, my next is arti.

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 06:59 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
If we can get somewhere between 130-140 combined points from Anisimov and Stepan, I think our problems at center will be effectively solved. I looked up every team to go over 120 pts between their top two centers and if both our guys reach their full potential, we'll be top ten in the league easy. It's also important to note how both our guys are great defensively, that will be a big advantage outside of points.

Elite Tier:
Vancouver: Sedin/Kesler (187 pts)
Pittsburgh: Crosby/Malkin (186 pts)
Tampa: Stamkos/Lecavlier (165 pts)
Washington: Backstrom/Laich (160 pts)

Top Tier:
Dallas: Richards/Ribeiro (144 pts)
San Jose: Thornton/Pavelski (140 pts)
Detroit: Zetterberg/Datsyuk (140 pts)
Buffalo: Roy/Connolly (134 pts)
Colorado: Statsny/Duchene (132 pts)
Montreal: Plekanec/Gomez (129 pts)
Philly: Richards/Carter (123 pts)
Atlanta: Antropov/Peverly (123 pts)
Anaheim: Getzlaf/Koivu (122 pts)

Out of these 13 teams, 9 made the playoffs. The only team to make the Conference semis without being on this list was Boston, who is fine up the middle. Of course, you need more than to just be strong up the middle to do well. Tampa is always a good example for this. However, we do have Henke and a defense that is emerging at a similar pace.

I guess my main point is that it's an exciting time to watch players develop in front of our eyes and it looks like, if things go smoothly, it looks like we can contend within the next couple of years. Especially if we use Drury and Rozi's money to sign a first pair D-Man and a good winger. (Suter and one of Perron/Penner/Umberger?)
I'll agree with Suter but no need to sign any forwards were pretty loaded right now... kreider grachev werek halagen(spelling error)

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:05 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan4390 View Post
I'll agree with Suter but no need to sign any forwards were pretty loaded right now... kreider grachev werek halagen(spelling error)
When is Suter a FA?

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:06 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

If he gets stuck on the 2nd line, doesn't play with Gabby and sees little PP time, 50 pts. If he gets some time with Gabby, a lot on the PP and is used as a 1b after Prospal comes back, 65-70 pts. He's legit, I've been watching him and will continue to.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepanToGaborik View Post
Mikko. A 70 point, excellent defensive center.
Who recently got signed to a what 6.5 mil per year contract????

Is Anisimov worth?

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:39 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabborik View Post

Is Anisimov worth?
What does that have to do with anything? I said Anisimov will become like Mikko Koivu. Not that he IS him.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:43 PM
CanyonofBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepanToGaborik View Post
I wanted to gather opinions from fellow Ranger fans on Anisimov's potential. Is he a 60 point, two-way, 2nd line center? Or will he be a legitimate 80 point 1st line center?

What do you think?
I really do not know. He has the size and stick skills to be a great second line center. He also could never reach his potential and be a 35-45 point guy. He's more perplexing than any other of the Rangers home-grown talent playing in the NHL.

CanyonofBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 09:37 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM3RR27 View Post
I really do not know. He has the size and stick skills to be a great second line center. He also could never reach his potential and be a 35-45 point guy. He's more perplexing than any other of the Rangers home-grown talent playing in the NHL.
Raw talent is always perplexing, which is what gives them the potential to standout. The one thing I will say though is that he is not enigmatic, like some Russian players we've had in the past. What ever he does become, expect it to be consistent, which will be very nice. Thats why the comparisons to Datsyuk aren't too off. He will never really hit that type of level, but he can become that type of player.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 11:36 PM
satrabyk

Its hard to tell with these lengthy players who are still finding their bodies. Similar to a Jordan Stall, i dont know if you can say he his or is not a 1st or 2nd or 3nd line center as it is still to early to tell. If i would predict i would say 2/3 line 2 way player.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 11:39 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I personally don't think the Datsyuk-lite claims are way off base, but obviously having that as his projected role is just setting yourself up for potential disappointment.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 11:41 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Its hard to tell with these lengthy players who are still finding their bodies. Similar to a Jordan Stall, i dont know if you can say he his or is not a 1st or 2nd or 3nd line center as it is still to early to tell. If i would predict i would say 2/3 line 2 way player.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 12:05 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabborik View Post

Is Anisimov worth?
I am really against these contracts that award a player after they have one good season. Koivu is getting better but there are so many ways that he doesn't come near earning that sort of money and few for him to be good value at that money. I think Minny was really in a corner losing Gaborik. They had to pony up. Now Anisimov should not have arbitration rights yet so if Dubinsky gets $1.85M after 3 40 point seasons and Callahan $2.3M, I don't see Anisimov getting more or much more than $2M unless he continues his current pace and scores 60+ points. Even then, with no arbitration rights, Sather gets him under $3M. Chris Stewart (who is tearing it up currently) has a 2 yr $2.875M cap hit salary after scoring 64 points in his second season. That seems like a good guideline.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I personally don't think the Datsyuk-lite claims are way off base, but obviously having that as his projected role is just setting yourself up for potential disappointment.
i think datsyuk is probably the most comparable player for AA...they are extremely similar in every single way....except that Datsyuk is better, also in every single way. so while datsyuk is a 30 - 60 - 90 type player. aa is probably going to be more of a 25-35-60 type player....wihle playing superb defense.

and ill gladly take it.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
When is Suter a FA?
I may be mistaken (don't really follow contracts from other squads) but I think he's a free agent for the 2012 offseason, which would be perfect considering that it's the year we lose Rozi and Drury.

Also, I agree with the Datsyuk-lite comparisons. Not quite the handles or the passing ability but a little bigger. I think Anisimov will end up with the better shot but won't really be able to get into the areas that Datsyuk does because no one handles like Datsyuk. Still, with his size, I could see Artem putting up something like 30-40-70 on a yearly basis (I'm an optimist). At worst I see 20-30-50 in his prime, which is still a very valuable second line player.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 03:05 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Fedorov, Datsyuk, and I like the M. Koivu comparison too.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 03:50 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Fedorov, Datsyuk, and I like the M. Koivu comparison too.
Fedorov really doesn't fit. His game was predicated on his dominating speed and his dynamism, which really isn't Anisimov's game.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 04:22 AM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
isnt that what upside means?
Yeah, I was agreeing with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
His wrister is not weak at all. I would say its outstanding. He snapped a shot recently from his backhand that looked like it was harder than most of our forwards forehands.

I could care less about his slap shot.
I don't wanna bash AA, cause I like what he brings to this team and I like his game. But if his wrist shot is outstanding, what is Gabbys? Can you really compare the two? Right now, I don't see him as a sniper, or a goal scorer. Sure he might get 20, 25 goals but I don't see 40 in his immediate future. Maybe one day.

You guys really want a laugh, I see abit of Peter Forsberg in him. Not a whole lot of speed, but a monster on the puck, and very strong defensively. And sees the ice well.

Last edited by ohbaby: 11-03-2010 at 04:27 AM.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
Yeah, I was agreeing with you.

I don't wanna bash AA, cause I like what he brings to this team and I like his game. But if his wrist shot is outstanding, what is Gabbys? Can you really compare the two? Right now, I don't see him as a sniper, or a goal scorer. Sure he might get 20, 25 goals but I don't see 40 in his immediate future. Maybe one day.
While Gaborik has a better shot than Anisimov the thing that really sets him apart from guys like Artem and Christensen who have good wrist shots, is his ability to put himself in a position to use it. I doubt Anisimov scores 40 based on his style of play.

Quote:
You guys really want a laugh, I see abit of Peter Forsberg in him. Not a whole lot of speed, but a monster on the puck, and very strong defensively. And sees the ice well.
In a comparison purely based on style Anisimov lacks Forsberg's physicalness and mean streak.

However, his hit on Clarkson in the pre-season did fit the profile.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:36 AM
pld459666

Right now, he's centerong top line and as much as the success that line is having is due to both Brandon and Cally playing well, it is also due to Anisimov playing well.

They are not carrying him, he is not carrying them.

He seems stronger on the puck, more confident in all game situations.

I see this line create chances just about every time they are on the ice.

I think that his current projections of 20 goals and 40 assists are realistic and once Gaborik gets back i can see those numbers getting better as now teams will have to decide who they defend against. Gaborik's line or the kid line. This is going to avail Arty's line the ability to take advantage of some mis-match's and continue to carry thsi team.

What I am seeing is a player that had a season of adjustment to the NHL game and is starting to show what type of player he can become, what I am seeing is a player that still has the ability to get better, and should he add any muscle mass to those legs and not lose a ton of quickness, I see a player that is going to be really really tough to play against for years to come.

I see a legit 1st line center developing.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Anisimov is not playing with Gabby he has his line set up for years to come, The Pack Line will stay alive

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 02:50 PM
McRanger

Quote:
More outstanding? They are both fantastic. Just because Gretzky's slapper was outstanding doesn't mean that the Wild Thing's couldn't be better.

Quote:
I hate to say it (because people will probably react poorly) but offensively he reminds me of Nedved. Tall and lean but strong on the puck (except almost awkwardly), decent skater, a nasty wrist shot that he does not use enough (or finds opponents knees), and good vision but will probably always be an underrated playmaker.

Of course what sets him apart is the drive that was never there with Nedved (not all of the time, anyway) and the fact that I think he is turning into a fantastic defensive forward.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Cmox

Hopefully he'll not hang on to the puck for that extra second.. Nedved loved doing that resulting in a lot of blocked/ deflected shots. Crap even the opening game night montage had Nedved's shot being blocked and hitting the camera.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:06 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Hate to be the wet blanket, but I'm going to reserve judgment until he plays at least 50 games this year. He looks fantastic so far, but it really comes down to whether or not he can keep it up.
The way he progressed from his first season in HFD to his second indicates to me that he can "keep it up." He can handle the rigors of a North American season. I could be wrong on this, but I never remember him being too streaky of a player in HFD. He will never be a game-breaker type, but if put with proper line-mates, I don't see him not consistently putting points (hopefully 60-70 in his prime), all while being a sound defensive fwd.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:33 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan4390 View Post
anisimov just wreaks of confidence this year. last year he was kind of soft and a little hesitant in every aspect of the game. This year he is not afraid to throw the body, go to the net hard, and even throw face washes around after plays. The guy is a completely new player and is awesome. I currently own 3 rangers jerseys staal dubi and cally, my next is arti.
Last year he would be out there and be around the puck and around the play, but more of a bystander and watching. This difference this year is he's on the puck!... He's getting his stick on everything, or he's got part of his body on the puck carrier, either learning on the guy or pushing with his gloves/hands... He's playing a pressure game and getting rewarded for it... I'm enjoying it and happy for him.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

he's our 2nd line center long term. probably a 50 60 pt guy as soon as this year. not a great playmaker though which is why he won't be a 70 80 pt guy. but if he stays with duby and cally they'll all put up really solid numbers. not worried about AA at all he's a core player now.

the question is does stepan become a top line player or a championship quality 3rd line center. if you think he's a top line center you don't make a play for richards or spezza or any other top line center you let this kid figure it out.

i've been on the richards bandwagon for a while now. but the more i see this anisimov line solidified, the more i see stepan's potential playing with gaborik, the more i see talented young guys like ethan werek or carl hagelin that could easily be 3rd line centers for us one day soon, i start to think maybe we should just let it ride. stay with what we got and see what happens

by the way in saying that about stepan i still feel he should go to hartford when drury returns. its whats' best for his development. kid needs to be playing 20 mins a night

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote