HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Defense

Old
11-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Decklann

vCash: 500
Defense

What are your thoughts on our defense so far? I think offensively we haven't been to hot, but I guess thats why they aren't offense.

Decklann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decklann View Post
What are your thoughts on our defense so far? I think offensively we haven't been to hot, but I guess thats why they aren't offense.
Before last game we were 3rd in the league on shots allowed so I think that shows a lot about were we are as a defensive unit so far.

Start Leighton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 11:22 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
Before last game we were 3rd in the league on shots allowed so I think that shows a lot about were we are as a defensive unit so far.
We're still 3rd at 26.8 SA/G.

Before the Sabres game we were 1st.

We've given up:

Penguins - 31
Blues - 25
Avalanche - 27
Lightning - 24
Penguins - 32
Ducks - 22
Maple Leafs - 14
Blue Jackets - 25
Sabres - 35
Penguins - 28
Islanders - 31
Hurricanes - 28

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 01:03 AM
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP

Our D looked good monday night.

GirouxCouturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

a lot of shots get on goal, but it seems like a lot of them aren't very good chances. I think the D has done well so far.

if you ever start feeling like Philly's D isn't good, just watch the Caps for a game. when other Caps fans in my area ask me exactly what is wrong with their defense...i don't even know where to start.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 01:48 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
a lot of shots get on goal, but it seems like a lot of them aren't very good chances. I think the D has done well so far.

if you ever start feeling like Philly's D isn't good, just watch the Caps for a game. when other Caps fans in my area ask me exactly what is wrong with their defense...i don't even know where to start.
As a Capitals supporter who lived in DC for a number of years, I know exactly what you're talking about. Their blueline is just one disaster after another.

Thank god for our defense.

I mean, people here will certainly complain about Carle and Coburn and Meszaros for little things here and there (granted they've all been pretty much great this season), but I'm not really sure those people know just how bad it gets out there.

The ability to roll three defensive pairings into the playoffs is one of the biggest advantages I've seen in a while. A stellar defensive core does wonders, particularly in a series based scenario where you're preparing for one team for a long stretch.

Last edited by CS: 11-03-2010 at 02:00 AM.
CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post

It's standing behind the bench.

If you don't coach/demand defensive responsibility, you don't get it. The run 'n gun **** is fun, but it doesn't breed a tightly knit defensive team.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
It's standing behind the bench.

If you don't coach/demand defensive responsibility, you don't get it. The run 'n gun **** is fun, but it doesn't breed a tightly knit defensive team.
oh man, Brucey Boy is a saint here. I know he is the cause, but talking **** about him gets people all hot and bothered.

i feel bad for their defenseman, too. a lot of them time theyll make the right play, but all for nothing because they get no support from their forwards...because it seems that for the offense, time spent on defense is just an annoyance they have to put up with while they wait to get the puck back

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote