HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Replace the WOOOO with Fred Cusick's SCORE!!!

Old
08-06-2010, 10:05 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccom33 View Post
I'm going to resurrect this thread with my own take similar to yours.

Cusick - horns - shipping up to boston

I've been sick of the Dropkicks for a good solid 3 years now, but I admit this WORKS!! I could just imagine the crowd with the "Whooooa oh oooooohhhh". I think I'd lose the slow-down at the end, but otherwise, make it happen!

O, and isn't there a longer "score!" out there somewhere? I remember Freddy having some.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 10:06 AM
deliciouspie
the best post

Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
oh boy another thread that spirals into irish descendants who wouldn't know the potato famine from adam breathlessly wishing for the infusing of more terrible local music from a terrible local band with tenuous irish roots into more stupid local sports teams

someone shoot me out of a cannon, into a cannon, honestly

cusick would be pretty cool, but if the god damned dropkick murphys get any more playing time ever i will turn into the hfboards version of sam kinison

deliciouspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Don Cherry*

Some of these ideas are ok. I, however, would like to see a simple video clip of Dave Lewis tossing the bear head on the jumbotron after each goal along with audio of Dale Arnold gushing over Gordie Kluzak.

Call me crazy, but that's some great Bruin nostalgia.

Don Cherry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 02:28 AM
roccom33
Loge 9 Row 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
I've been sick of the Dropkicks for a good solid 3 years now, but I admit this WORKS!! I could just imagine the crowd with the "Whooooa oh oooooohhhh". I think I'd lose the slow-down at the end, but otherwise, make it happen!
Exactly my thoughts, minus being sick of DKM. Reminds me of the Rangers goal song with the potential crowd chant. Don't know why I ended it like that. It could just be looped at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
O, and isn't there a longer "score!" out there somewhere? I remember Freddy having some.
I'm sure there is but I was tired and didn't feel like searching too long

roccom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 06:22 AM
sooshii
Living the dream

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
good question BROOONS, and it's death and it's replacement of lets go bruins, clap clap clapclapclap is a complex mystery, and here's my take on it.

The End
thanks for the explanation. I only follow the b's and always wondered what happened to morph the old chant into everybody else's chant.

sooshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 09:26 AM
dabid

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliciouspie View Post
oh boy another thread that spirals into irish descendants who wouldn't know the potato famine from adam breathlessly wishing for the infusing of more terrible local music from a terrible local band with tenuous irish roots into more stupid local sports teams

cusick would be pretty cool, but if the god damned dropkick murphys get any more playing time ever i will turn into the hfboards version of sam kinison
off topic - you're my favorite poster ever.

dabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 10:59 AM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliciouspie View Post

Y'mean, you haven't become so already?

Even if it weren't a local band, at least the Shipping up to Boston anthem relates to the town and fits the rowdy atmosphere you'd expect at a hockey game. Beats the hell out of the hackneyed "Dirty Water" comic bit or the ubiquitous "Welcome to the Jungle" and its relatives, or for that matter, the wholly unrelated "Sweet Caroline".

No matter what, Soderberg would've scored there
TheReal13Linseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Blowfish

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Love the Wooo!

Blowfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 09:43 PM
InfernoOrangeSS

vCash: 145
I would prefer the "Score" to the "woo".

InfernoOrangeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Strange Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TungstenGT;27384068[B
]I would prefer the "Score" to the "woo".[/B]

How about ScoreWooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would solve everything for about a year.........

Strange Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Waltah*

agree with everything in here

Waltah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 09:29 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltah View Post
agree with everything in here

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Sorry guys, the Cusik thing would rock for awhile but it'd get old and tired like everything else, and it's mostly a shout out to the nostalgia types which is not something I think the current B's management is likely to do. Play to the city character, sure, placate the 80's fans, not so sure.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 10:55 PM
NewEnglandSportsFan*

Send a message via AIM to NewEnglandSportsFan*
It's great for the intro videos and occasional hearing, but... no. By the 4th game this season where we score 6+ goals, the STHs would be rioting I'd imagine haha

"SCOOORE!!" "SCOOORE!!" "SCOOORE!!" "SCOOORE!!" "SCOOORE!!" "SCOOORE!!" "SCOOORE!!"

I can hear it now... haha

NewEnglandSportsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 11:49 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
Sorry guys, the Cusik thing would rock for awhile but it'd get old and tired like everything else, and it's mostly a shout out to the nostalgia types which is not something I think the current B's management is likely to do. Play to the city character, sure, placate the 80's fans, not so sure.
Y'mean like those gawd-awful mustard-yellow monstrosities they wore in the Winter Classic? Good call.

It's an original six team, sonny. Tradition is what this team is about.

Placating the Generation ZZZers with the snot-nosed hip hoppers in their silly knit hats doing the "Za-Day-No" thing...not so sure.

Fred is God. This is a no brainer. It would be exponentially awesome. Dude.

Last edited by TheReal13Linseman: 11-02-2010 at 11:57 PM.
TheReal13Linseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 01:50 AM
Simoneau

I'm all for the score, but the song also has to go. Not sure what to change it too though.

Simoneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:25 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Why would an original 6 team do anything involving its tradition

Why did they bother honoring that old guy the other night, didn't he play in the 20's or something

Therick67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 08:50 AM
EthanD35

Can't stand the woooo. It actually makes me wince at times. Can't stand the dropkicks. They don't have a monopoly on what it means to be in Boston. Zombie nation doesn't bother me but I agree it is time for a change.

Just my two cents.

EthanD35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
Why would an original 6 team do anything involving its tradition

Why did they bother honoring that old guy the other night, didn't he play in the 20's or something
Sorry, I wasn't aware Cusik had ever played for the Bruins.

Look guys, this just isn't as good an idea as it sounds like. Cusik was very very good, but we need to move past him. There's nothing that adding him to the goal call would do but shout out to nostalgia. It's an interesting idea that would rock for awhile but it would not improve with age.

The stuff you're referencing that we do that does shout out to our past are mostly one-offs and special events, that's a bit different from doing it in the goal horn which God willing is going to go off a lot every game. The first few times? Sure, awesome. The 457th? You sure that one's going to stand up?

Last edited by Dojji*: 11-03-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't aware Cusik had ever played for the Bruins.
He was on the same line with Rick Flair.

The guy broadcast over 3 different decades, both radio and tv and is in the HOF.

EDIT:He was part of the bruins for 45 years.

Therick67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:59 AM
BruinsFan64

So let's replace the Goal horn with Fred's SCORE! and then replace Zombie Nation with the GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLL call from the Spanish Soccer Broadcaster.

I can hear it now.

BruinsFan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:01 AM
McKuato

Like the Fred idea, goal horn is good. Then what about the chorus of Seek and Destroy by Metalica. The whole crowd singing along with that would be cool.
If not you need an annoying song the fans can sing along with like Chicago has. As annoying as that song is, it became their thing and must annoy the crap out of other teams, especially with the whole crowd singing it, more annoying than Brass Bonanza and that's saying something. Sweet Carlonie, Dirty Water both have ties to the Red Sox and don't do anything to get any one pumped up, just like baseball.
I hope they choose the next song for the coolness, or crowd factor of it instead of the fact that it has Boston in the title. As sick as we all are of the Dropkicks and the fact that they have a hockey song, i begrudgingly admit shipping up to Boston chorus, not the beginning, would work.

McKuato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:08 AM
BruinsFan64

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stRoundandOut View Post
Like the Fred idea, goal horn is good. Then what about the chorus of Seek and Destroy by Metalica. The whole crowd singing along with that would be cool.
If not you need an annoying song the fans can sing along with like Chicago has. As annoying as that song is, it became their thing and must annoy the crap out of other teams, especially with the whole crowd singing it, more annoying than Brass Bonanza and that's saying something. Sweet Carlonie, Dirty Water both have ties to the Red Sox and don't do anything to get any one pumped up, just like baseball.
I hope they choose the next song for the coolness, or crowd factor of it instead of the fact that it has Boston in the title. As sick as we all are of the Dropkicks and the fact that they have a hockey song, i begrudgingly admit shipping up to Boston chorus, not the beginning, would work.
I agree, I do not want to hear Sweet Caroline and Dirty Water at a B's game. Not Hockey music.

You need something to pump the crowd up. For example, the opening to "Back in Black" would work well. Seems like the B's theme anyway. When that song comes on, it just pumps you up.

BruinsFan64 is offline   Reply With Quote