HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens Beat Leafs 3-2 (or 4-1 if refs wern't biased). Continue your gloating here.

Old
11-03-2010, 09:07 AM
wjhl2009fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredsson11 View Post
we won the game, why **** on the refs, makes the fanbase look stupid
Then i guess every fan base looks stupid.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
The result shouldn't matter.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:14 AM
ben3001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalhua View Post
I seriously come in peace I was watching a game in 6 minutes..and didn't notice it till now but I see the puck in the net.Watch around the 2:00 minute mark looks like the puck is on the players skate (whoever that Sens player is).

Seriously am I right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oJxsFm6HsE

Edit:I've watched like 10 times and can see the puck on the Sens skate
Yeah, I think everybody knew that it was clearly a goal, however since there was no call on the ice and there was no absolutely clear video evidence + it was a Senator goal that it would not be called. Seriously, Ottawa has the worst rap sheet in the league for goals being taken away from us and goals being in the identical situations given to other teams (see pens-sens series last year)

Anyways, the funniest part of that video was hearing leaf announcer say that the Gonchar goal shouldn't of counted since Fisher was interfering with Giguere hahah

ben3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Cherith Cutestory

Quote:
That goal with Kulemin in the crease was ********. I am still complaining about that now and will continue to for a long time, and only because Fishers goal was disallowed on Saturday, with the exact same circumstances.

Complaining about refs is completely normal, it happens in every sport regardless of the outcome.

Cherith Cutestory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:17 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
I wanted to make a retort regarding some of the comments I read on the other thread. It isn't Clouston telling the team to sit back when we have the lead, its the players who continue to do this and need to get out of the habit.
It seems like it's coming from above and it's not like last night was an uncoordinated effort, they actually held up perfectly well against Toronto for a good 8-10 mins in the 3rd before Toronto started creating offensive chances. They were worse at trying it before... that sort of improvement suggests coaching involvement to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
Can a team with this makeup win the Stanley Cup? I doubt it very much but they can easily win enough games to make the playoffs.
No. The team has size, depth and a lot of playoff experience, which gives us a bit of an edge over other average teams. But the team lacks top-end talent to contend.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Alfredsson11

Campoli and Carkner are really coming into their own, Campoli made some real nice plays around the net, Carkner made some greaty pinches too

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:32 AM
JimmyPage

Quote:
Campoli and Carkner are really coming into their own, Campoli made some real nice plays around the net, Carkner made some greaty pinches too
Yeah, I have been impressed with Campoli lately.

JimmyPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:33 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
in general, because the refs were terrible.

in this case though, it's because at 12:51 last night i was fairly intoxicated.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Lenny the Lynx

A few random thoughts -

That no goal thing was one of those weird plays that you may never see again. Sucks that it happened to us but I do agree with the call - its consistent with what they've done in the past.

What bugs me is the way the team responds to plays like this - we got burned by bad luck, just like the botched interference call in Boston, and they seem to have a "why me" attitude for a bit afterwards, they stop trying and expect a makeup call or something.

Pretty solid effort last night - interesting ending but i liked Elliott's game. Campoli also saved two goals.

And I couldn't believe how much of a homer Greg Millen was. The holy mackinaw guy was less biased

Lenny the Lynx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Lexicon Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
What bugs me is the way the team responds to plays like this - we got burned by bad luck, just like the botched interference call in Boston, and they seem to have a "why me" attitude for a bit afterwards, they stop trying and expect a makeup call or something.
They scored two goals in the next four minutes.

Lexicon Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:49 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet 3 Dog View Post
That goal with Kulemin in the crease was ********. I am still complaining about that now and will continue to for a long time, and only because Fishers goal was disallowed on Saturday, with the exact same circumstances.
The difference is that Elliott didn't spazz around like Tim Thomas did.

You pretty much have to sell the call by throwing a tantrum.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:08 AM
swiftwin
#lalala

Quote:
Because you KNOW the reffing is bad when the winning team is the one complaining.

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:24 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
Because you KNOW the reffing is bad when the winning team is the one complaining.
Either that or whiners will always find something to whine about?

at the thread title.

It was called no goal because video evidence was inconclusive. Say what you want, but this has always been the ruling. Unless you can clearly see the puck over the line, its no goal. We all know the puck was under the players and over the line.......but you can't fault the refs and the video judges for doing what their told.

To the guy who said refs shouldn't work in their hometown. Clearly never reffed huh? Most people in this world have integrity......and take pride in their professionalism. The refs are doing the best job they can to officiate the game fairly......they are going to make mistakes as thats human nature.....Anyone who thinks these refs deliberately favor teams needs to quit drinking the koolaid. They wont be NHL refs for very long as they're evaluated on a game by game basis.

Leafs got a break on this goal....but got screwed last week against NYI. Leafs scored late in the game to take the lead and it was deemed a high stick. On a scoring play the crossbar is the line, however Versteeg didn't score, he chipped the puck down which would make his shoulders the line...It should have been a goal and a win for the leafs, but instead the ref at centre ice called it highstick and they lost in overtime.

Whine all you want about the refs.....they aren't perfect but things usually even out.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
in general, because the refs were terrible.

in this case though, it's because at 12:51 last night i was fairly intoxicated.
Thats why you went to the Leafs board. lol

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalhua View Post
Look at the skate a black puck is on top..just watch it a few times.

Between 2:25 and 2:31 stop the clip I see a puck

Edit:Better yet stop the video at 2:31 whats the black thing on the Sens skate..as I Leaf fan I can honestly say that was a goal.
I'm pretty sure that's just the tongue of Kovalev's boot. He's always had the completely untucked/almost folded back tongue style on his skate.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Either that or whiners will always find something to whine about?

at the thread title.

It was called no goal because video evidence was inconclusive. Say what you want, but this has always been the ruling. Unless you can clearly see the puck over the line, its no goal. We all know the puck was under the players and over the line.......but you can't fault the refs and the video judges for doing what their told.

To the guy who said refs shouldn't work in their hometown. Clearly never reffed huh? Most people in this world have integrity......and take pride in their professionalism. The refs are doing the best job they can to officiate the game fairly......they are going to make mistakes as thats human nature.....Anyone who thinks these refs deliberately favor teams needs to quit drinking the koolaid. They wont be NHL refs for very long as they're evaluated on a game by game basis.

Leafs got a break on this goal....but got screwed last week against NYI. Leafs scored late in the game to take the lead and it was deemed a high stick. On a scoring play the crossbar is the line, however Versteeg didn't score, he chipped the puck down which would make his shoulders the line...It should have been a goal and a win for the leafs, but instead the ref at centre ice called it highstick and they lost in overtime.

Whine all you want about the refs.....they aren't perfect but things usually even out.
Honestly can leafs fans stop *****ing about the NYI call? You're like +3 through 11 games on BS goal calls. That's nearly one, very iffy goal, every four games. Oh and i'm clearly not counting all other BS calls like the puck over the glass last night.

PS Everyone thought NBA refs had integrity too, OH SNAP, someone's fixing games for the Mafia.

I hate when people say "you're drinking the kool-aid" if you quesiton the refs. Why because they are a paragon of truth and integrity?

Judges have been shown to occasionally be bias in the past and I would trust their "integrity and objectivity" FAR more than a ref's.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Rooverick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyPage View Post
The answer to the officiating is Bill McCreary. Anytime I see this ****ers ugly mug, I know we will lose or have a tough time winning. Going back for a decade, this guy has always put the screw to the Senators. He is a leaf fan and friends with Tie Domi. He has cost us many games vs the leafs and more importantly, many key games in the POs. I tried to find his record on the net but can't. I will be so happy when this sack retires.

QFT.

I was so pissed off when I heard that POS was coming back for another year. He screws the Sens every chance he gets.

Rooverick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Hotshot320

Congrats on the win...You guys took advantage of your chances..

But whining about the refs is weak, especially when 2 of your 3 goals were on the powerplay and the other was a penalty shot.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Hotshot320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Rooverick*

Leaf fans will always list McCreary as the best ref in the league...I wonder why that happens...

Rooverick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot320 View Post
Congrats on the win...You guys took advantage of your chances..

But whining about the refs is weak, especially when 2 of your 3 goals were on the powerplay and the other was a penalty shot.

Good luck the rest of the way.
PPs and penalty shots are a part of the game if an infraction warrants it.

Old
11-03-2010, 10:57 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
Campoli also saved two goals.
They actually showed the replay on the first one and Elliott got his pad on it, and someone else cleared it out. Campoli definitely got the other one though after the breakaway.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:03 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
Honestly can leafs fans stop *****ing about the NYI call? You're like +3 through 11 games on BS goal calls. That's nearly one, very iffy goal, every four games. Oh and i'm clearly not counting all other BS calls like the puck over the glass last night.

PS Everyone thought NBA refs had integrity too, OH SNAP, someone's fixing games for the Mafia.

I hate when people say "you're drinking the kool-aid" if you quesiton the refs. Why because they are a paragon of truth and integrity?

Judges have been shown to occasionally be bias in the past and I would trust their "integrity and objectivity" FAR more than a ref's.
What were you watching? I count maybe +1 depending on what you consider.

Oh snap....one ref in how many years....An he was caught an removed......your point?

You saying Bill McCreary is being paid by the mafia to fix Leaf-Sens games? Gimme a break.....there is the odd case of a ref or a judge taking a payoff......but if you think McCreary has done it for this long, dirty ....then you really have no clue.

Once again NHL referees are evaluated every single night.... especially now during a changeover period where many of the household names are retiring and a new crop is moving in. If any of these refs seemingly favor a particular team, you can be sure he wont have a job in the NHL.

Typical Sens fan. Always believe theres a conspiracy. I bet the head of officiating is being paid off too....or maybe he's just a Leaf fan right?

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Hotshot320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
PPs and penalty shots are a part of the game if an infraction warrants it.
Yes they are.

Penalties are part of the game... if warranted which is determined by the official.

Doesn't matter you guys won, and because of this you deserve the right to gloat. As a leaf fan I know how much tough starts to the season suck... (last year was painful lol).

Enjoy it... Hopefully we come out on top in the next one.

Hotshot320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot320 View Post
Yes they are.

Penalties are part of the game... if warranted which is determined by the official.

Doesn't matter you guys won, and because of this you deserve the right to gloat. As a leaf fan I know how much tough starts to the season suck... (last year was painful lol).

Enjoy it... Hopefully we come out on top in the next one.
And that seems to be problematic on a consistent basis....regardless of the game's outcome.

Old
11-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Your more likely to get called for Goaltender interference for standing near the goalie then plowing right thru the goalie.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote