HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Valabik, again

Old
11-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
What do they do with him now ?
i think he will stay in Chicago since he wasnt put on waivers for recall.

Telfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:20 AM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Cleared.
you know, with Phaneuf out for a while- it wouldn't have been a terrible idea for Burke to grab him...

Once Phaneuf got healthy again he could have sent Gunner down for top minutes- not doing him any good riding the pine.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Wow they can't even get rid of this guy

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 12:20 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by califone View Post
Valabik plays like an abused puppy on skates. He gives the death stare, but has played scared since his fight with Chara a while back. Poor mobility and injuries will continue to limit the big man. Too bad.
That's 100% BS and I dare you to say that to his face.

Valabik would fight anyone in the league in a heartbeat if they tried to push a teammate around, he has no fear, fighting Chara has nothing to do with anything.

If he looks timid it's because he knows how easily he can get out of position and how slow he is to get back into the play if he makes the wrong move. Being 8 feet tall and blowing your knees out tends to do that to limit your mobility.

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 03:08 PM
califone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
That's 100% BS and I dare you to say that to his face.

Valabik would fight anyone in the league in a heartbeat if they tried to push a teammate around, he has no fear, fighting Chara has nothing to do with anything.

If he looks timid it's because he knows how easily he can get out of position and how slow he is to get back into the play if he makes the wrong move. Being 8 feet tall and blowing your knees out tends to do that to limit your mobility.
I disagree with you. For the better part of two years, I saw Boris yap without dropping the gloves. He only fought seven times after that and was destroyed by Jody Shelley and Rick Rypien (reminiscent of Tootoo tuning him up in pre-season years ago). For a big scary man, I don't think Valabik did a good job of instilling fear in his opponents. He did have stretches of good play where he would stand up players at the blueline or use his size on the boards/in front of the net, but Boris was a liability overall.

I didn't say the Chara fight had anything to do with it. I meant that was around the time I thought he started playing a bit soft. He went from 78 hits in 50 games that season to 15 in 23 last (I do agree that it is a small sample size).

I think injuries scare him more than being out of position. Boris is not necessarily known for his decision-making. Unfortunately, he is known for his injury history.

califone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by califone View Post
I disagree with you. For the better part of two years, I saw Boris yap without dropping the gloves. He only fought seven times after that and was destroyed by Jody Shelley and Rick Rypien (reminiscent of Tootoo tuning him up in pre-season years ago). For a big scary man, I don't think Valabik did a good job of instilling fear in his opponents. He did have stretches of good play where he would stand up players at the blueline or use his size on the boards/in front of the net, but Boris was a liability overall.

I didn't say the Chara fight had anything to do with it. I meant that was around the time I thought he started playing a bit soft. He went from 78 hits in 50 games that season to 15 in 23 last (I do agree that it is a small sample size).

I think injuries scare him more than being out of position. Boris is not necessarily known for his decision-making. Unfortunately, he is known for his injury history.
You did say SINCE THE CHARA FIGHT. which implies it was the fight.

The dude Blew out his ACL, and before had messed up his ankle. The guy needs to just play. He looked very good early last year, he just needs to get back to game shape

Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Valabik has not been a good NHL player so far . He looked lost people saying he got better but overrated him. . Sadly injuries have kind of derailed him a bit. I really though Oystrick out played him back in 08-09. Anyway looks like his time is limited in Atlanta to say the least.

Johnny8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:01 PM
califone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
You did say SINCE THE CHARA FIGHT. which implies it was the fight.

The dude Blew out his ACL, and before had messed up his ankle. The guy needs to just play. He looked very good early last year, he just needs to get back to game shape
Thanks for adding something new. I'm pretty sure I already addressed that.

califone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 01:38 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Just for reference saying someone has played scared since they fought somebody pretty much implies that the fight scared them, not that the fight was an arbitrary timepiece for the decline in his career (which is also pretty weird).

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:06 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Not sure why the Rangers didn't take a shot at him.

Not so sure why Torts is comfortable suiting Eminger or Gilroy every game on their off side.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote