HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Mike Richards - A Fortune Teller

Old
11-03-2010, 02:18 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

vCash: 500
Mike Richards - A Fortune Teller

Not only does he do everything asked of him on the ice, he might even know this weeks lotto #'s

Here is the Excerpt:

7:22
The average power-play ice time per game for Evgeni Malkin(notes) of the Pittsburgh Penguins through 11 games, to lead the NHL. Sidney Crosby's(notes) second with 6:52 on average through 12 games, and topped Malkin's average power-play time last season (5:00 to Geno's 4:52). Bottom line is that the Penguins spend a lot of time on the power play, as they're currently tied for third in the League with 62 power-play chances. Which is to say they draw a lot of calls. Which is something we recall Mike Richards(notes) of the Philadelphia Flyers noticing as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-282176

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Diving works. Unfortunate as that is.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 02:24 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Diving works. Unfortunate as that is.
If the NHL does not waive the instigator rule, I unfortunately envision hockey looking alot like soccer a decade from now in this respect.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
If the NHL does not waive the instigator rule, I unfortunately envision hockey looking alot like soccer a decade from now in this respect.
It already looks enough like soccer now.

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 02:37 PM
mm6492

Here is the video of Richards talking about the Pens and stuff. Some awesome quotes in there

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 03:33 PM
McNasty

Strangely I don't think the Penguins getting a lot of PPs is evidence of any type of psychic ability. It more shows that Richards is sometimes willing to say what most of the league wouldn't.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Strangely I don't think the Penguins getting a lot of PPs is evidence of any type of psychic ability. It more shows that Richards is sometimes willing to say what most of the league wouldn't.
I love that people have been outspoken this season. Richards aired these grievances, which nobody else (I know of) has, but likely wanted to...Florida publicly criticized horrendous referreeing, and Briere called out the NHL for inconsistency in punishments...something else that really needs to be pointed out.

I really hope that this trend continues, and that GMs and even owners begin clamoring for more accountability and higher standards.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:42 PM
DrHamburg

lol the penguins do go down very easily. I would like to see how many penalties crosby and malkin draw by themselves. Sometimes being that good offensively forces you to take penalties. I am took lazy to look for it though.

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:29 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Selanne criticized refs this year too

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Selanne criticized refs this year too
good. keep it up, players.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:32 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I'm glad he came out with it. It's about time people started slagging off the pens. They get away with everything under the pretense of "oh your just jealous".

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:43 AM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I'm glad he came out with it. It's about time people started slagging off the pens. They get away with everything under the pretense of "oh your just jealous".
Not to troll, but Pittsburgh was what - 5th in minor penalties last season? They also had a negative powerplay differential. Even in past seasons they've only been slightly above average in terms of drawing more penalties than they take.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:13 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz View Post
Not to troll, but Pittsburgh was what - 5th in minor penalties last season? They also had a negative powerplay differential. Even in past seasons they've only been slightly above average in terms of drawing more penalties than they take.
Thing is, the stats don't tell the entire story. The pens take allot of penalties, just the way they play. Like the flyers will always be in the top 10 for penalties. However, the pens really "earn" their powerplays too.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:58 AM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Thing is, the stats don't tell the entire story. The pens take allot of penalties, just the way they play. Like the flyers will always be in the top 10 for penalties. However, the pens really "earn" their powerplays too.
To be fair, you did say that the Pens "get away with everything," which would imply that they don't take penalties.

I will say that Pittsburgh has more than it's share of players willing to embellish to draw calls, although I would say they still pale in comparison to a team like Carolina in that regard.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 06:38 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz View Post
To be fair, you did say that the Pens "get away with everything," which would imply that they don't take penalties.

I will say that Pittsburgh has more than it's share of players willing to embellish to draw calls, although I would say they still pale in comparison to a team like Carolina in that regard.
God dammit I hate logical, even-handed Pens fans. Come on! Tell us we're just jealous because we don't have Crosby! Give us something to work with here!!!

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 06:46 AM
kicksave27

The pens have been under special bettman rules for a long time now. You know within the first few minutes of the game, they are going to go on the powerplay. You can almost set your watch by it. And if they don't manage to score on it, they'll soon have another one. I don't know if the refs we get for the games are always bad ones or what. But it's to the point where i hate the pens so much, i will not watch a pens/flyers game live, unless i'm there. I'll DVR it, and if the flyers win, i'll watch it. Just the sight of a pens jersey makes me want to punch something.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote