HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Klasen to Milwaukee

Old
11-02-2010, 07:16 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Looks like Klasen will be coming back up since Erat isn't making the trip. So now we have Goc, Erat, Lombardi, Suter and possibly Tootoo out. Awesome.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Looks like Klasen will be coming back up since Erat isn't making the trip. So now we have Goc, Erat, Lombardi, Suter and possibly Tootoo out. Awesome.
I'd be surprised if he's recalled. Goc has participated in full practice the past two days, is taking faceoffs, and looking really good. Tootoo is also back in the lineup as well.

Lines today at practice were:

26-16-27
33-11-29
71-9-22
25-13-74

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 10:15 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I'd be surprised if he's recalled. Goc has participated in full practice the past two days, is taking faceoffs, and looking really good. Tootoo is also back in the lineup as well.

26-16-27
33-11-29
71-9-22
25-13-74
Holy cow...the coaches aren't giving SK that much of a chance to contribute with what he's known for, are they?? IMO, he's been looking better skating-wise in the last couple of home games. Now that he's going to be able to do that better he is put on a line where he can pass to such scoring threats as Smitty and Spaling??????? Whatever the lines are tomorrow, I just want the team back that was on the puck and skating in games 1 through 3!!!!!!!

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Holy cow...the coaches aren't giving SK that much of a chance to contribute with what he's known for, are they?? IMO, he's been looking better skating-wise in the last couple of home games. Now that he's going to be able to do that better he is put on a line where he can pass to such scoring threats as Smitty and Spaling??????? Whatever the lines are tomorrow, I just want the team back that was on the puck and skating in games 1 through 3!!!!!!!
I liked yesterday's lines a little better myself:

26-11-27
33-16-74
71-9-22
25-13-29

But at the same time does Ward deserve to be skating a straight defensive role?

I'd bet that Trotz won't hesitate to switch between these two lineups on this road trip if things get stagnant...

Old
11-03-2010, 07:51 AM
David Singleton

Quote:

26-16-27
33-11-29
71-9-22
25-13-74
Quote:
I liked yesterday's lines a little better myself:

26-11-27
33-16-74
71-9-22
25-13-29

But at the same time does Ward deserve to be skating a straight defensive role?

I'd bet that Trotz won't hesitate to switch between these two lineups on this road trip if things get stagnant...
The real question is the over/under on the number of shifts that 25/22-11-29 most certainly take together.

They were almost never together during camp/preseason. Trotz told me that he was looking to run three scoring lines this year and a fourth energy line that brought some hardness (implying that Legwand, especially, will be shifted to more balanced role).

First game of the regular season? Your starting lineup was 25-11-29-20-6. Makes total sense (admittedly it did some).

Stagnant? Stagnant is keeping a line of 25/22-11-29 together in the vain effort of trying to keep the game close. Tootoo has helped Legwand and Ward get off to better starts, but he's still a far cry from a healthy Kostitsyn or Wilson on that line- both of whom would be better contributors defensively as well.

This team, even now, has the offensive depth to take advantage of the opposing teams 2nd-4th lines while still holding their own defensively (even with Suter out for a short amount of time).

I'd love to see 25-13-22 together on the fourth line and let them loose on the opposition, while also allowing the three top lines a full contingent of players capable of scoring.

Given the choice of lines (without having seen them together like you have), I'd probably choose the first set above and pine for the switch of 74 and 22.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:10 AM
dulzhok

I really don't get what SK74 has done to win people over, other than having a cool abbreviation for a name. He's done OK I suppose, but nothing to stand out.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:37 AM
David Singleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I really don't get what SK74 has done to win people over, other than having a cool abbreviation for a name. He's done OK I suppose, but nothing to stand out.
It's a combination of what he's done and the potential he provides.

Firstly, he's done a very good job of playing through a significant injury that adversely affects his skating. He's visibly better each and every game. I define "better" in two ways here- his skating is much better and it's allowing him to flash some obvious offensive skill, particularly in how well he see's the ice.

When you take that (better skating and glimpses of a significant skills/sense), it's easy to see why one would like to see what he could accomplish if given opportunities (measured at first- remember that he's still injured) to help the team with those abilities. By opportunities, I specifically mean power play time (I'd probably consider running him at the point while Suter's out) and his normal shifts (more limited) on a top three line (with someone else double-shifting when he needs a break).

The other aspect is that I really like what a 25-13-22 line would bring to bear (on paper) in terms of energy and effort every night.

Old
11-03-2010, 02:09 PM
dulzhok

That's fine that his knee may be holding him back. But, I'm not going to jump on the boat until he actual shows something out of the norm.

Old
11-03-2010, 02:22 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
That's fine that his knee may be holding him back. But, I'm not going to jump on the boat until he actual shows something out of the norm.
i think he's shown a fair bit, given his linemates. the results aren't there because, let's face it, he's playing with Smithson and Spaling, but I do think he's put in the work and has shown enough promise to merit a promotion

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Kostitsyn has been playing with a broken toe and since it has healed, he has been creating offense on a consistent basis, but as has been mentioned the numbers aren't necessarily there due in large part to the lack of skill he's been paired with.

Statistics can be used to see things however you want when looked at with a specific goal in mind...

Old
11-03-2010, 03:29 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Kostitsyn has been playing with a broken toe and since it has healed, he has been creating offense on a consistent basis, but as has been mentioned the numbers aren't necessarily there due in large part to the lack of skill he's been paired with.

Statistics can be used to see things however you want when looked at with a specific goal in mind...
That's fine that he he hasn't been put on the first line, but again, I'm not going to jump on his bandwagon until he actually does something out of the norm. Not just "hopes" that he will be a scoringline player when his foot heals and he he plays on a different line. A healthy foot didn't get him anywhere offensively in Montreal. We can make excuses for him, but I'm not on his bandwagon until he actually produces tangible offense. Maybe it'll happens, but until then, I'm waiting to see.

Old
11-03-2010, 04:02 PM
David Singleton

Quote:

Quote:
That's fine that he he hasn't been put on the first line, but again, I'm not going to jump on his bandwagon until he actually does something out of the norm. Not just "hopes" that he will be a scoringline player when his foot heals and he he plays on a different line. A healthy foot didn't get him anywhere offensively in Montreal. We can make excuses for him, but I'm not on his bandwagon until he actually produces tangible offense. Maybe it'll happens, but until then, I'm waiting to see.
dulzhok, note what I bolded in Seth's post. He has been creating offense- or offensive chances. He has created enough chances that it's noticeable by someone with a coach's eye (Seth) as well as by a hack like me.

All we're saying is that we'd like to see if he would create as many or more chances with a more offensive-minded role- and what would happen with those chances with more offensively-minded players.

This team is starving for offensive chances and the chances he has been generating are not being exploited like they should be (what you would call tangible statistics like goals and assists).

Old
11-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I have to agree with dulzhok here. I haven't seen him provide much offense in his stay here yet. I think the fans here are just so starved for someone who can create offense that we overrate any potential prospect out there (SK, Klasen, Andersson, etc.). Though, I admittingly haven't been able to see all the games thus far.

SK has looked OK. I wonder if he is healthy yet?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:18 PM
dulzhok

"Creating offense" to me is either scoring a goal, or contributing the scoring of a goal. So far, 1 point, 7 games.

It's fine if you want to blame it on his linemates. You can do that, and it maybe acceptable.

"Creating offensive chances" is a subjective matter. Shot on goal? Good pass? That's fine if he's done that, but none of it has amounted to anything. It's a lota coulda shoulda woulda maybe talk.

I don't have anything against the guy. But, I see no reason to jump on his bandwagon until he actual creates offense-- tangible, real goals.

I'm not down on the guy-- we'll wait and see.

Old
11-03-2010, 09:27 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
I don't have anything against the guy. But, I see no reason to jump on his bandwagon until he actual creates offense-- tangible, real goals.
GOOOAAAaaalllll !!!!

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:29 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
GOOOAAAaaalllll !!!!
And that's how you get more and more chances. Create offensive results.

Old
11-03-2010, 09:31 PM
OpenWheel

I also was about to join in earlier and say yeah let's wait until he DOES something instead of just "create chances"." Heh-heh. I'll admit it...

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Isn't it funny how the world works LOL

He looks like a completely different player tonight. I must've been judging him on his injured games

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674
Erat

how close is Erat to returning?

thanks

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:19 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

not playing at least throught the weekend

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Tapp

Not quite sure where to put this, but I thought this was a good article on the Milwaukee site about Klasen. It includes comments from Klasen, Lambert and Steve Begin.

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/hom...105klasen.html

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote