HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pac wants to stay in Hamilton all season long

Old
11-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Franky Gee

vCash: 500
Max Pac wants to stay in Hamilton all season long

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/309224.html

Kind of interesting...

Highlights:

"I want to play in Hamilton all season long. Last year, nothing worked for me. This year, the coach does everything to help me"

"In Montreal, when I made mistakes, I ended up on the fourth line. It affected me. It's the opposite in Hamilton."

More here (in french): http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/608456/posts/94286

Franky Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:07 PM
wedge

on step back to make 3 steps forward

I've never heard a player say that but it's probably the best thing that could happen to him.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:09 PM
theboss*

umm.....this is good I guess?

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:11 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I wouldn't be surprised if Cunneyworth replaced JM. but then again he speaks English only.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:11 PM
llamateizer

WOW
im really impressed by Pacioretty.
better playing 20 minutes in AHL than 8 minutes/benched in NHL

he wants stability, and JM can offer this! héhéhé. Spacek will play all the 82 games

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:14 PM
TroyM

Nice. Really glad to hear him say that, that seems like a very mature attitude to take and I'm impressed. I hope for the same thing. Let him spend a year and build confidence, he's rolling right now, let him ride that wave with what should be a strong team up front. Go Patches! Gained some respect from me for the honesty and humility.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Next Best Thing*

Paches is a smart kid, he knows whats best for him.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:22 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

he's been playing better of late, especially since Palushaj is back (who leads the team in points per game)

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Chet-Nick

"In Montreal, when I made mistakes, I ended up on the fourth line. It affected me. It's the opposite in Hamilton."

Well said, Max. Coach Martin shows little confidence towards younger players still considered as raw. In this case, Pacioretty. Pouliot as well. This is a concern of mine.

I wish Martin would penalize veterans, who should know better, that continue to make costly mistakes.

Rather than receive minimal minutes or sit in the press box. Maxwell, Carle and Pacioretty were given a unique opportunity to get plenty of playing time in Hamilton this year.

Come fall. Assuming they've developed. I hope Martin uses these players properly and shows some patience.

Chet-Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Franky Gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
he's been playing better of late, especially since Palushaj is back (who leads the team in points per game)
Do you know if they play on the same line ?
And did they play together in Michigan ?

Old
11-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

The Subban route is the best one, dominate the AHL and come play with the big club after.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky Gee View Post
Do you know if they play on the same line ?
And did they play together in Michigan ?
They are together on the PP but usally Pac is with Maxwell and White and Palushaj with Desharnais.

They didn't play together at Michigan, Pac was on the 1st line with Porter.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:30 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Makes me smile when Patches rips on Martin discretely.

All our players should take notes.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:36 PM
BlackStar

LOL at those of you who think it was a shot at J. Martin.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Great to hear. Keep it up Max and you'll make it big one day.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Great to hear. Keep it up Max and you'll make it big one day.
I still have confidence that Pacioretty will be an Andrew Ladd type of player(with better skating obviously). If he can round out his defensive, he can be a really effective 3rd line two-way play maker that can put up 40-45 points a year player a really strong defensive game. His size and speed are a great combo for that type of game. He doesn't need to be physical, he just needs to win board battles, which he already has shown he can do in the nhl despite being so young. He just needs to do it consistently.

He'll be a great asset as he can be a winger than can be used in the top 6 for a short period of time and be an adquate replacement. I don't think he's "finished" like most would have you believe. He was just a player who never had much confidence to begin with and got discouraged about his play.

He's doing great in Hamilton so far 3 goals and 9 assists in 10 games. He'll always be a playmaker first, but a playmaker with size and speed and a good defensive game can be a good positive.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:54 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:

Kind of interesting...

Highlights:

"I want to play in Hamilton all season long. Last year, nothing worked for me. This year, the coach does everything to help me"

Surprised by the reactions here. I don't like these comments at all. He could have worded things much differently, but sniping at JM doesn't put him in a positive light.

He wasn't and isn't ready for the NHL. No brain and was getting hammered to the ice constantly.

He has potential if he works hard and fills out and works on his balance, but I don't like this attitude at all. I don't see him wearing the CH unless he turns that around quickly.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Kyosuke

Quote:

Kind of interesting...

Highlights:

This is an indirect shot to JM and his coaching methods; but here we can clearly say that his way of doing things is detrimental to the development of our prospects..

Here's hoping Subban and Eller's raw talent break through this wall Martin puts infront of them!

Kyosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:57 PM
ReVeuF

Now watch the Habs call him up soon

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 07:59 PM
HabsoluteFate

the article says its the last year of his contract....i'm assuming he's RFA after this season right....

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 08:00 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke View Post
This is an indirect shot to JM and his coaching methods; but here we can clearly say that his way of doing things is detrimental to the development of our prospects..

Here's hoping Subban and Eller's raw talent break through this wall Martin puts infront of them!
JM has an excellent track record with kids. Pacioretty clearly was not ready last year. He can't even stay on his feet.

I would have preferred a grudging comment like 'I thought I did everything asked of me, and I still have things to work on. I'll be working my butt off in Hamilton this year and if I get called up, I'll be ready.'

You don't take a backhanded shot at your future coach. Makes me wonder about his intelligence. His play isn't the cleverest as it is. That's the first thing I thought about him when I saw his pre-draft video as well. Not the brightest player.

I don't think he understands what fans in Montreal expect. I don't care if this kid makes the lineup or not. I want a Cup. He better be down there doing everything he can to fix his game and then building his body up in the offseason. What does he think he deserves that he wasn't given in terms of ice time? Gimme a break.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Franky Gee

Max Pac has one goal and one assist through 2 periods so far tonight...

Old
11-03-2010, 08:03 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet-Nick View Post

Well said, Max. Coach Martin shows little confidence towards younger players still considered as raw. In this case, Pacioretty. Pouliot as well. This is a concern of mine.

I wish Martin would penalize veterans, who should know better, that continue to make costly mistakes.

Rather than receive minimal minutes or sit in the press box. Maxwell, Carle and Pacioretty were given a unique opportunity to get plenty of playing time in Hamilton this year.

Come fall. Assuming they've developed. I hope Martin uses these players properly and shows some patience.
You won't last 1 month in the league if you punish the vets and let the kids play.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 08:17 PM
NewHabsEra*

MaxPac and Palushaj tearing up the AHL!!

Its amazing what those 2 former college teammates are doing with the Dogs, they have been putting the points on board like crazy lately.. 1 goal 2 assits so far tonight for Palushaj 1 goal 1 assist for MaxPac and the game isnt over yet.. WOW I cant wait to see them wearing the Habs jersey, hope they make the jump at the same time next year..

Edit: Palushaj is producing at a 2pts per game pace.. 12 pts in 6 game if he doesnt add other pts on the board tonight..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet-Nick View Post

Martin was absolutely correct in the way he scratched or benched MaxPac.
I didn't even want MaxPac to start the season here with us last year, that's partly why I was pissed off when we sent S.Ko down.

Pac had no business here, it was clear and obvious. I'm glad he wants to spend the year in AHL, shows he has some intelligence and is willing to do what's needed to improve.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote