HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pac wants to stay in Hamilton all season long

Old
11-03-2010, 08:29 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Its amazing what those 2 former college teammates are doing with the Dogs, they have been putting the points on board like crazy lately.. 1 goal 2 assits so far tonight for Palushaj 1 goal 1 assist for MaxPac and the game isnt over yet.. WOW I cant wait to see them wearing the Habs jersey, hope they make the jump at the same time next year..

Edit: Palushaj is producing at a 2pts per game pace.. 12 pts in 6 game if he doesnt add other pts on the board tonight..
2 ppg? thats pretty sick

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 08:37 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

I like his attitude, a year in the AHL will be huge for him and hopefully will help build his offensive game. He's still only 21 years old so there is no reason to rush him.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 08:41 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
2 ppg? thats pretty sick
He is the Stamkos of the AHL hehe.. Seriously this kid could play on our top 6 right now and have an impact but they probably wont call him up unless we have injuries or the team play really really bad..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
You won't last 1 month in the league if you punish the vets and let the kids play.
true, but a coach who maintains a consistent approach to all players, regardless of experience, can do just fine.

it's one thing to give a vet a slightly longer leash based on experience/expectations, but it's another to have a completely different set of standards.

giving the vets too much rope just ends up getting the coach hung.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 08:44 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I still have confidence that Pacioretty will be an Andrew Ladd type of player(with better skating obviously). If he can round out his defensive, he can be a really effective 3rd line two-way play maker that can put up 40-45 points a year player a really strong defensive game. His size and speed are a great combo for that type of game. He doesn't need to be physical, he just needs to win board battles, which he already has shown he can do in the nhl despite being so young. He just needs to do it consistently.

He'll be a great asset as he can be a winger than can be used in the top 6 for a short period of time and be an adquate replacement. I don't think he's "finished" like most would have you believe. He was just a player who never had much confidence to begin with and got discouraged about his play.

He's doing great in Hamilton so far 3 goals and 9 assists in 10 games. He'll always be a playmaker first, but a playmaker with size and speed and a good defensive game can be a good positive.
Couldn't agree more. We tend to eat our young here. The first sign of adversity and people give up on them, Price being the prime example, but there are many.

I think Max will be a key contributor to the habs. I still think he has an outside shot at being a top 6 player some day. I love his tools, but he should of never been with the big club when he was. He was way too raw imo, not his fault, just the product of being a kid.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 08:44 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
He is the Stamkos of the AHL hehe.. Seriously this kid could play on our top 6 right now and have an impact but they probably wont call him up unless we have injuries or the team play really really bad..
Did no harm to subban

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Edit: Palushaj is producing at a 2pts per game pace.. 12 pts in 6 game if he doesnt add other pts on the board tonight..
Just to clarify, this is not correct. AHL.com updates stats in real time, so including tonight's game, he has 9 points in 5 games. Still very good, but not quite 2 PPG.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 08:55 PM
TroyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
Just to clarify, this is not correct. AHL.com updates stats in real time, so including tonight's game, he has 9 points in 5 games. Still very good, but not quite 2 PPG.
Boo! I wanted to be the one to correct him, what with my obsessive stat tracking and all

EDIT: By the way this

Is definitely the 'Subban' emoticon now.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Belso

Good to hear.. Let's hope they keep it up..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet-Nick View Post
"In Montreal, when I made mistakes, I ended up on the fourth line. It affected me. It's the opposite in Hamilton."

Well said, Max. Coach Martin shows little confidence towards younger players still considered as raw. In this case, Pacioretty. Pouliot as well. This is a concern of mine.

I wish Martin would penalize veterans, who should know better, that continue to make costly mistakes.

Rather than receive minimal minutes or sit in the press box. Maxwell, Carle and Pacioretty were given a unique opportunity to get plenty of playing time in Hamilton this year.

Come fall. Assuming they've developed. I hope Martin uses these players properly and shows some patience.
I hate to hear this. All players should feel comfortable playing for their team.. You always get the best out of a player when he's got confidence.. And it's JM's job to make sure all his players play with confidence.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Stradale

Lets recall MaxPac to help Gomez-Gio out then.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:43 PM
shamrun

odd thing to hear and i think in a way it shows some maturity and i suppose he has done some sort of self evaluation and felt like he needs ice time to hone his skills.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:50 PM
guapo23

Didn't Plek play 3 full years there ?

Worked out fine for his development...

guapo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:59 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
Oh, my bad.. Maybe the NHL should hire the AHL stats staff..

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo23 View Post
Didn't Plek play 3 full years there ?

Worked out fine for his development...
to be fair, he should have made the team if there is no lock-out..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Richiebottles
Someone on the Moon

The Habs have a history of bringing up young players too quickly . I think they are trying to avoid doing that right now .

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

This is the first time I've seen a player actually admit that the AHL would be better for his development than playing in the NHL. I've heard prospects say they'd play in the AHL as long as the NHL team thinks he needs to but never like this. I guess the fans aren't the only ones who think the Habs set him back by rushing him.

EDIT: Just saw mention of how he and Palushaj are tearing up the AHL. I like it. One full season of this and perhaps a potential making of an already well versed duo that'll go on to play together in the NHL.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:27 PM
FuriousBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
JM has an excellent track record with kids. Pacioretty clearly was not ready last year. He can't even stay on his feet.

I would have preferred a grudging comment like 'I thought I did everything asked of me, and I still have things to work on. I'll be working my butt off in Hamilton this year and if I get called up, I'll be ready.'

You don't take a backhanded shot at your future coach. Makes me wonder about his intelligence. His play isn't the cleverest as it is. That's the first thing I thought about him when I saw his pre-draft video as well. Not the brightest player.

I don't think he understands what fans in Montreal expect. I don't care if this kid makes the lineup or not. I want a Cup. He better be down there doing everything he can to fix his game and then building his body up in the offseason. What does he think he deserves that he wasn't given in terms of ice time? Gimme a break.

How did you get this conclusion?

Patch is just saying that he had no confidence playing in the NHL and that in the AHL he's getting stronger mentaly... far from being a bad thing to say.

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Some people are reading too much into this. What I believe he meant was that when he made a mistake, he'd be sent to the fourth line, thus not helping his offensive development. In no way or form did he say he didn't deserved the demotions mentioned.

I think its a good thing because he himself realized that he was not developing his offensive awareness playing with 4th line grinders. This should help his hockey IQ.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:32 PM
phoque taupe

Every day im wondering if Eller will end up in the AHL

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:25 AM
coolasprICE

the only other thing left that i never heard before is a player coming out of the closet...

come on maxpac, make it 2 for 2!

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 01:22 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
This is the first time I've seen a player actually admit that the AHL would be better for his development than playing in the NHL. I've heard prospects say they'd play in the AHL as long as the NHL team thinks he needs to but never like this. I guess the fans aren't the only ones who think the Habs set him back by rushing him.

EDIT: Just saw mention of how he and Palushaj are tearing up the AHL. I like it. One full season of this and perhaps a potential making of an already well versed duo that'll go on to play together in the NHL.
Clearly the Habs didn't surround him too good and didn't give him the best advice as far as going to College and all. But Pacioretty himself thought he was ready based on a freakin development camp. He rushed himself as well. Clearly though, he should not have taken that decision alone.

As far as his comments, he's only stating what a sane organization would tell him in order to get his progression going. Nothing too dramatic here.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:08 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Well, when a rookie makes a mistake, you bench him. When a Spacek, I mean veteran makes a mistake you have a private discussion after the game telling him you expect more.

Yeah, I don't see the problem either...

Eller is probably destined to toil on the 4th line with whatever players have the least amount of offensive instinct to their game. Of course, if a player on the opposing team tackles him, holds him down and the other team scores, he'll get benched.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:39 AM
Stradale

Lets just say it out loud guys, it was a shot at Jacques Martin.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:37 AM
HockeyF3ind

Good for him. This kid puts his development before his ego, thats perfect.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 07:18 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
The Subban route is the best one, dominate the AHL and come play with the big club after.
It does seem that the longer a prospect can stay in the minors the better hockey career they end up having. That's why they have development systems right?

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote