HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers say they are on the right track

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 12:09 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Rangers say they are on the right track

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsro...5rangersc.html

Old
10-05-2003, 12:51 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

glad to hear bouchard loves to be a ranger. he's a great depth dman. does anyone remember who he played with? who he was sucessful playing with? who he wasnt?

Old
10-05-2003, 01:23 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8
glad to hear bouchard loves to be a ranger. he's a great depth dman. does anyone remember who he played with? who he was sucessful playing with? who he wasnt?
and I am happy he is a ranger too. didn't like him being traded last year.

Old
10-05-2003, 04:10 AM
dedalus

I do believe Mr. Bouchard has given us our slogan for this season: "It's a different feeling here."

Nice variation on a theme, IMO.

Old
10-05-2003, 05:14 AM
ihatenewjersey

i am glad hes back.....

Old
10-05-2003, 05:32 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by london ranger
and I am happy he is a ranger too. didn't like him being traded last year.
yeah i hated that trade for kovalev. can u believe how much we gave up for him? far be it for fans to understand fair value of a trade

Old
10-05-2003, 05:38 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
yeah i hated that trade for kovalev. can u believe how much we gave up for him? far be it for fans to understand fair value of a trade
C'mon jar jar, that's not what london was saying.

Old
10-05-2003, 09:28 AM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Hey I loved the Kovalev deal do but I agree I didnīt like seeing Bouchard go.

I mean just because itīs a great trade doesnīt mean that u cant be sad to see a certain player leave anyway.

Old
10-05-2003, 10:17 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
I do believe Mr. Bouchard has given us our slogan for this season: "It's a different feeling here."

Nice variation on a theme, IMO.
"It's a different feeling here."
that should be the new slogan. it doesn't make me roll my eyes. it also makes it like the rangers are more empathetic with our playoff drought and the fans. that is until they ***** up but we find hope each season somehow. "hockey's different here" is just a big joke. makes me wanna puke.

Old
10-05-2003, 12:38 PM
Edge

The Rangers are on the right track......the bad part is they are going backwards.

I can just see this team stumble into the playoffs get bounced in the first round and Sather and Messier leaving next summer to self-granted pats on the back for "taking the team to the next level, back in the playoffs".

What follows will be several more years without playoffs which maloney gets fired for because dolan doesnt have faith in him.

now whats scarier? what i say or how easily we know it could happen with this team?

Old
10-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
Hey I loved the Kovalev deal do but I agree I didnīt like seeing Bouchard go.

I mean just because itīs a great trade doesnīt mean that u cant be sad to see a certain player leave anyway.
but if brouchard was the deal breaker (highly unlikely) would you still make the trade. the point is brouchard is an 8th defenseman and will be put on waivers once leetch is healthy, hes great for hartford though :clown:

Old
10-05-2003, 02:13 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
but if brouchard was the deal breaker (highly unlikely) would you still make the trade. the point is brouchard is an 8th defenseman and will be put on waivers once leetch is healthy, hes great for hartford though :clown:
What they are saying has nothing to do with the trade. They're just saying they liked Bouchard and are glad he's back. Don't twist their words around.

Old
10-06-2003, 03:21 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
The Rangers are on the right track......the bad part is they are going backwards.

I can just see this team stumble into the playoffs get bounced in the first round and Sather and Messier leaving next summer to self-granted pats on the back for "taking the team to the next level, back in the playoffs".
Of course. This team has NO SHOT against three of the top four seeds: NJ, Ottawa, Philly. (Homers, feel free to flame here.)

Basically they MUST land the sixth seed so that they can play whomever comes out of the Southeast. That's the only way they have a prayer of moving into the second round, and if they don't get at least to the second, what's the point? This isn't a young, learning team that will benefit from playoff exposure of any kind. It's a veteran team that is ostensibly built to drive deep into the playoffs. If they can't manage that, they would be better served with another high 1st round draft pick - that is, if Sather doesn't trade it at the deadline.

Closed Thread