So what do we need to do to change our luck...IMO this is what we should do...
1. Players to get rid of:
- Connolly and Either Weber or Butler/Rivet in a trade if Vanek didn't have such an expensive contract I would say see what you can get out of him
2. Bring up Rookies: Let's see what they do for a week or two and see what kind of potential they have playing in the NHL
3. If 1 or 2 doesn't work fire Regier then bring in a more proactive GM and see what he does of the situation
4. If all this is a bust and we look like we wont make the playoffs by Trade Deadline, Trade unmotivated players who look like they need a change of scenery (much like Max did), free up cap space in process
5. We don't make the playoffs - draft good players - use free cap space to sign Roll players and a new Captain
6. Enter next season and hope to hell we can win
first the question needs to be, at what percentage rate would we need to win our games to make it into the 8th seed?
then after that evaluation we would need to determine what the best method of team building is?
Well, we've gained 8 points in 13 games so far, so that means there is 69 games and 138 points left to be gained.
To get to something like 90 points, we'd need 82 points.
To gain 82 points of a possible 138, we'd need to gain ~60% of the possible points.
That's a quick calculation, but I think I did it correctly.