HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Hockey's Future Organizational Rankings, Kings ranked #2

Old
11-02-2010, 12:55 AM
hangons

vCash: 500
Hockey's Future Organizational Rankings, Kings ranked #2

I think we are again number 2. This time we will be behind the Oilers who have Eberle, Paajavari, and Hall.

hangons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:27 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Very good guess but not quite right!

Answer is #2 beaten only by the Predators.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...s_fall2010110/

BigBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Meh. Youngest team in the league, first place in the league by the end of October, and second place in terms of their prospect depth chart... Sounds pretty good to me, I can live with that.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I don't really follow prospects and drafting all that much outside of the Kings. I don't even pay that much attention to the Kings drafting and prospects. That being said, I feel bad for Nashville fans. Their organization seems to always be drafting and/or developing good players that they eventually can no longer afford. I guess they make the most out of their budget but you have to wonder how good they could be if they spend a little closer to the cap.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:16 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

The Kings have a nice healthy pool of young defensemen that can be used in deals to get the scoring punch they need if it can't be developed internally. That's the best thing about our prospects. I imagine Nashville feels the same way, except their internal budget might keep them from acquiring a star forward.

I expect the Kings will keep taking the best player available in each and every draft.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:38 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I don't really follow prospects and drafting all that much outside of the Kings. I don't even pay that much attention to the Kings drafting and prospects. That being said, I feel bad for Nashville fans. Their organization seems to always be drafting and/or developing good players that they eventually can no longer afford. I guess they make the most out of their budget but you have to wonder how good they could be if they spend a little closer to the cap.
True but Nashville at least puts a competitive team on the ice ever year. Florida on the other hand has probably better prospects come through the system and ends up trading them or losing them for nothing right around the time they come into their prime. Examples: Luongo, Jokinen (I know Florida didn't draft them but, they were a part of the core of the team 5 years ago) Jovonovski, Horton, Stewart, Bouwmeester, Hagman etc. Booth and Weiss may be traded in the near future. The whole org is just a mess and has been that way for over 10 years now.

Last edited by tigermask48: 11-03-2010 at 11:43 AM.
tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 01:11 PM
KingsCrown

Wow, no mention of Teubert. Hes really falling off the map.

KingsCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
They've made the playoffs 4 of the past 5 seasons and always seem to be competitive, it sucks that they can't get past the first round but at least they are consistent.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCrown View Post
Wow, no mention of Teubert. Hes really falling off the map.
OMG BUST!!

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Aren't we every year # 2 ??????????????

And every year our weekness is the winger position

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:13 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

3+ years ago our weakness was the goalie and most of the guys wearing the same jersey.

onlyalad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

What does that have to do with having strong depth in the pipeline? So the weakness of a winger means the Kings have a poor prospect pool? Not sure if you were aware but that are lots of teams who are lacking something on their roster and in their system. This isn't something that is exclusive to the Kings. Look at the Penguins and their need for wingers... they need more top six wingers than the Kings do.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:20 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I expect the Kings will keep taking the best player available in each and every draft.

As they should. When drafting 18-year-olds, I don't see how any other method makes sense.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:24 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
What does that have to do with having strong depth in the pipeline? So the weakness of a winger means the Kings have a poor prospect pool? Not sure if you were aware but that are lots of teams who are lacking something on their roster and in their system. This isn't something that is exclusive to the Kings. Look at the Penguins and their need for wingers... they need more top six wingers than the Kings do.
Frankly, if we need a weakness, I'd rather it be on the wing. Goaltender, defensemn and centres are far more difficult to get and develop than a winger.

Besides, we have intriguing options coming out of the recent draft in Weal, Kitsyn and Toffoli.

When you are ranked 2nd overall though, I assume your 'weakness' is really all that weak anyways.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:27 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I see us having a serious problem at depth on the wing but I used to see us having serious problems on D in goal and up the middle.

I can see us not having a depth problem on the wing after this next draft if not sooner.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote