HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Brooks: Lundqvist Hit With High Puck, Off Ice ("Is OK")

Old
11-03-2010, 01:21 PM
McRanger

vCash: 500
Boyle has a heavy shot. But possibly the slowest release on the team.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 01:22 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Its probably one of those throat crushers.

When i was a catcher playing baseball - I wasnt wearing a throat guard and a foul tip hit me directly in the adams apple. I swear I though it was going to die. I couldnt breathe for about 15 seconds and it was the scariest moment of my life. I was told to just calm down and breathe slowly which i did, but it was a huge scare and it hurt like hell. The pain actually subsided pretty quickly, but that was a baseball going 70+ mph... who knows with a frozen puck...

Thats probably what happened with Lundqvist and why he had a reaction to just drop everything and skate off. Gald hes ok. REALLY GLAD.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 01:23 PM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Boyle has a heavy shot. But possibly the slowest release on the team.
Can't be any slower than Michael I-just-got-the-puck-let-me-pause-for-7-second-before-I-shoot-into-a-block Rozsival.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 01:33 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Can't be any slower than Michael I-just-got-the-puck-let-me-pause-for-7-second-before-I-shoot-into-a-block Rozsival.
I think Rosies issue is mental. He certainly has been able to fire one off quickly at times. Boyle looks as though he is trying to shoot quickly and his arms simply wont move fast enough.

On Rosie, I am convinced there is a law in the Czech Republic that requires every hockey player to look to see if Jaromir Jagr is open before they shoot the puck even if he is not playing. My bet is Rosie takes so long because he has to scan all the seats in the garden to see if Jagr is there. If he was Rosie would probably loft the puck into his lap.

Old
11-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I swear I though it was going to die. I couldnt breathe for about 15 seconds and it was the scariest moment of my life.
Yeah, hits to the throat are scary. Instant panic. Justified, as a crushed trachea is usually fatal within minutes.

So either you're dead, or you panic for a bit, then you're fine.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
I think Rosies issue is mental. He certainly has been able to fire one off quickly at times. Boyle looks as though he is trying to shoot quickly and his arms simply wont move fast enough.

On Rosie, I am convinced there is a law in the Czech Republic that requires every hockey player to look to see if Jaromir Jagr is open before they shoot the puck even if he is not playing. My bet is Rosie takes so long because he has to scan all the seats in the garden to see if Jagr is there. If he was Rosie would probably loft the puck into his lap.
that happens to all guys.

he needs to work shooting off the pass more....imho thats a problem all our D have...they settle the puck and then shoot rather than shooting straight off the pass. 1-timers from the point can be effective.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 03:23 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacUSNYR View Post
Holy crap Boyle head shotted Hank? And hurt him? Where was this Boyle last season? Lets play the Devils and give Boyle 30 minutes of TOI.
Good call! ...yet still, The King plus any negative news of any kind equals the scariest thing on the planet.

lol pwoz too...my only beef with Rozy, still he's discovering how to be a lil selfish and not just try and hold his own.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 03:25 PM
McDonagh27

Quote:

This comment made me laugh my arse off. So true.

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 04:02 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Glad to hear Hank's alright.

...and since he's okay, I'm also really glad to hear Boyle apparently has a hell of a shot .

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Scooter17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
Sounds about right. I never played hockey, but from playing lacrosse and taking sticks/balls to the throat, it's not pleasant at all. Probably the 2nd worst place to get hit.
Wait a minute, what are we talking about here?

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:40 PM
lundy

Quote:

hahahah

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:

Whats great is that the top segment of this post is the funniest, and it unintentional.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
... So either you're dead, or you panic for a bit, then you're fine.
Maybe it's just me and my black humour, but I snickered. "Relax, you'll probably be just fine. Or dead. One of the two, but just relax."

---

And no, it's not the unintentional sex jokes that are funny, it's that your twisted minds manages to find them basically everywhere and anywhere.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 11:09 AM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Whats great is that the top segment of this post is the funniest, and it unintentional.
Wow. When you read it in that context it is pretty hysterical.